Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? (13821 Views)

Boy Suspended From School For Reading Bible During Recess / How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover. / Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by dannox: 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2012
This should not caused any embarrassment at all.We are in the e-world.Reading bible from your phone,ipad and laptops is e-book or electronic book.I don't remember the last time i went to church with the bible.i read from my phone or ipad.
Mobiles is replacing a lot of electronic gadget.Wireless
if you want to more about what mobile phone or wireless is doing click this link and play the videos http:///GK6ZCX
danny1670@gmail.com
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
osifred: ¶ am yet to see how correctly sumbody who is obviously wrong a sign of maturity. @ Op ¶ did like to knw †ђξ line U̶̲̥̅̊ used in apologing. Like M̶̲̥̅Ƹ guess. 'Sori for usin ma fone to read †ђξ world of God'

¶ can't stand backward pple so ¶ would hav done one of †ђξ two dependin on ma mood. Gently let her understand dat dia is nufin wrong in usin ma fone to read †ђξ bible before sittin down or leave †ђξ bible study and neva come back especially wen she stil insist it is wrong.

Dat was how †ђξ oda day a pastor was preaching against christian using †ђξ internet cos accordin to him dia is nufin gud abt †ђξ internet
. Can U̶̲̥̅̊ believe dat?

I am having little and little patience for "pulpit speakers" these days who only get up there to sell their backward, ill-informed opinions rather than what God has told them to go and say...if they receive from God to begin with. Does he know how, through the internet, many have come to know Christ? There are even YouTube ministries that reach out to the world and get the job done more than he can even begin to comprehend!

It is not wisdom for someone to bad-mouth what they do not understand. Even TB-Joshua that people seem to enjoy hating on, I know nothing about him nor take no fault with him. It's not like people have not lied about people before in order to bring their ministry down or something.

Nigerians just need to actually open their bibles and read it instead of "doing what everybody is doing" or just "obeying the pulpit-speaker". Your christian walk is personal and dare I say, has VERY LITTLE to do with your pastor.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by baryore(f): 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2012
Image123:
i did not talk negatively about Oyedepo. Your post is a disaster BTW. You need urgent prayers. Learn to mind your business instead of coming to fight where there's peace.
I didn't say it to insult you but if you see it as such, it means you are in a state that requires more prayers than i do. i leave you to your conscience. Peace, indeed.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2012
baryore:
I didn't say it to insult you but if you see it as such, it means you are in a state that requires more prayers than i do. i leave you to your conscience. Peace, indeed.
i leave you to God.Peace be unto you.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Kologie: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2012
For me I think the sister in question is just making issues out of nothing. Books exist in different format--it could either be electronic or in print. Maybe she has aversion for technology especially on issues that borders on her faith--the same ground on which the 'Bokos' base their ideology. Na small small e dey start!! Blowing things out of proportion, and then indoctrination.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Detongue: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
D sister did well, she does not want to add to ur embarrassment with ur made in china fon. becos Pastor is reading 4rm laptop, u too want to read 4rm fon, mtchwwwzzzz
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by denzel2009: 11:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
Probably because it's a china phone. You try and read from an ipad, an usher would give you a holy hug!
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by ITbomb(m): 4:23am On Apr 11, 2012
Dual Core: If the church is in Silicon Valley, use your iPad (or any other device). If the church is in Ajegunle, use your Bible and stop stumbling the ganja brothers.
"Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak." (1 Corinthians 8:9).
"So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge." (1 Corinthians 8:11).
What more could be say
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Igonih(m): 5:25am On Apr 11, 2012
Next time tell her off. Jealous sister. Wey people don dey carry ipad enter church naim old skool sister dey yarn dust. Bush woman.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Kaysalas(m): 7:11am On Apr 11, 2012
:-)brother TIMOTHY( @ OP):-) U did nothin wrong. But thnk God u won her over by apologising. Sooner or later, if she has d spirit of God in her, she wil come back 2 apologize. Abeg 4give and thank God 4 d victory over d temptation 2 scatter church with 'argumentative claims and counter claims'. grin:-)brother TIMOTHY( @ OP):-) U did nothin wrong. But thnk God u won her over by apologising. Sooner or later, if she has d spirit of God in her, she wil come back 2 apologize. Abeg 4give and thank God 4 d victory over d temptation 2 scatter church with 'argumentative claims and counter claims'.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2012
@OP, that your Christian sister is backward, probably the whole church. I downloaded Alktabku yesterday and so loving it, with it, I have three versions of the bible in one software. Whoever can't tolerate it, will meet with stiff resistance from me.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2012
Jesus did not have a phone so what are you doing with one inside his temple!!
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Ehisod(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2012
Koolking:

Thank you brother. You have a spirit of discernment. Phone bible cannot replace the real bible. People are expected to attend churches with their hard copy bible, there is power in that. Just like bulletins and handouts that summarise bible verses have given priorities in church services instead of bible. With the thoughts of being handed with bulletins in the church makes some feel bible is a burden. Besides, people are supposed to switch off their phones in the church. phones distract and interfere with the public address systems. Not becos there are sins in the world you agitate for God to be changed. There are things that are still sacrosanct and cannot be changed despite tech evolution

Stupid stone age man what offline mode.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by coderXO(m): 11:51am On Apr 11, 2012
You no get liver to challenge her?
Nothing wrong with it.

If you were reading from an Ipad se she go talk?

Snobby, possessive overzealous church worker thinking she knows
or understands the word of God more than you.

Next time you are in bible study you better bring it up.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Dahmum(f): 12:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
laugh wan killlii mi die grin u wan show abi?nyway let me ask u dis question
assumin u see a monster at ur dream will u use ur bible to HIT d monster cos its God`s sword or u go just manage ur PHONE to hit d monster? sowwwwiii just askinn
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by adefo(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
Your church should at least provide a box outside so dat u can drop u phone b4 bible study
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by JojoArmani(m): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2012
As a developin country like nigeria is wrong, expecially coming up in th e alter to read from ur phone. It would ve been better If u were in ur sit following de bible reading from ur phone. and again u might forget dat u were in church after followin de bible from ur phone maybe logging in to ur facebook, 2go, Nairaland or any other site. Dats why some churches dont like it. Cus the worshipers in the process of reading bible from their phone will start browsing and definitely their mind will not be in the church again.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by nosmas: 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
Jojo Armani: As a developin country like nigeria is wrong, expecially coming up in th e alter to read from ur phone. It would ve been better If u were in ur sit following de bible reading from ur phone. and again u might forget dat u were in church after followin de bible from ur phone maybe logging in to ur facebook, 2go, Nairaland or any other site. Dats why some churches dont like it. Cus the worshipers in the process of reading bible from their phone will start browsing and definitely their mind will not be in the church again.
your argument stand logic on its head
do you say if you carry paper base bible , you are not likely to be distracted by something else,
to me is a a matter of being discipline in the church and the congregation being forward thinking. time will come that bible will not be printed on tree base medium because of environmental implication. by then every mean of communication will be software base. just research on innovation going on arround us.
as per me ooo
I record message with my phone recorder, jot down with notes in the phone, read and highly the read bible passages on my same phone and when i want to review the message, i have all the media; audio, text and sometimes video all in one place.
messages cant be enjoyed better
my experience
a brother once accuse me that i most often handle my phone while messages are going on,i asked him to state the particular day which he did.
i open my phone, ask him to listen to that day message from my phone, showed him the highlighted passages read and the notes i took from that message. i was just a word short of asking him to produce his own copies of the jotting which i i if he does have it will be one one sheet of paper or one small jotter left in the middle of his bible
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Reptyle(m): 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
2buff: I'm waiting for the day someone will come and harrass me for reading bible from my phone or pad. undecided
I can't stand bush, primitive minded people who take it further by not minding their own business.

In the age of stone, the commandments were imprinted on stone tablets.
In age of papyrus, that and more of the bible made it's way to paper.
So you best believe in the age of Superconductors, the bible is making its way to computers and devices as well.

That you choose to remain in the stone or papyrus age is something you must keep to yourself, and not show your ignorance by assaulting the dignity of others.

Makes me wonder what you would do if an usher walked up to you in church and asked you to put away your device during sermon. Would you create a scene? Slap the usher? Walk out of service perhaps? You too funny jare!!! grin grin grin

My own is that if the church you attend does not accept it, respect constituted authority like you most likely do in your place of work, or move to the church were they accept technology.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
Reptyle:

Makes me wonder what you would do if an usher walked up to you in church and asked you to put away your device during sermon. Would you create a scene? Slap the usher? Walk out of service perhaps? You too funny jare!!! grin grin grin

My own is that if the church you attend does not accept it, respect constituted authority like you most likely do in your place of work, or move to the church were they accept technology.

I will keep it away, but that is the last that congregation will smell of me again.
There's no point remaining with a congregation you are not compatible with. That defeats the whole purpose of "fellowship".
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Image123(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
Reptyle:

It's that simple. People'd do all sort of stuff for money. Get real dirty and messy, wear a tie and tuck in for hours unending, close very late, resume very early, obey traffic, police, vio, abase themselves at airports and embassies. But simple instruction na wahala for church. If your Bible study teacher says don't use a phone in my class, then don't.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by baryore(f): 5:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
@ OP, i think the problem is that in most of our churches we are always told to switch off our phones when in church to avoid phone calls which serve as distractions. I think she reacted that way because she felt you were disobeying, I am sure if you used an i-touch or iPad she wont have said anything.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by tunde233(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
2buff:

So have you not seen a laptop before?
Help me understand why this is so distracting? undecided

2buff
How does it look like when you
just display you laptop on the
Pulpit? Do you think that preachers
like ADEBOYE, GBILE AKANNI,
KUMUYI, STEVE AKINOLA do not have
one. Sure they have but they
tend to avoid anything that
would distract. Whose example
would you follow?
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by tchrisjj: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
fubbyy: Yesterday on a bible study,I was pointed 2 read the bible and the sister conducting the study embarassed me because I brought out my phone to read from,I felt so embarrassed and appologised,but I remember watching a pastor on tv reading from his laptop while preaching, nairalanders what's your opinion on this?
theres notin wrong wit dat,i v seen many preachers who used their phones 2 read d scriptures.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Koolking(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ehisod:

Stupid stone age man what offline mode.

Thank you sir for being such a new age man devoid of simple courtesy. I don't exert energy with androids. Any way, thanks once again for the attention.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
tunde233:

2buff
How does it look like when you
just display you laptop on the
Pulpit? Do you think that preachers
like ADEBOYE, GBILE AKANNI,
KUMUYI, STEVE AKINOLA do not have
one. Sure they have but they
tend to avoid anything that
would distract. Whose example
would you follow?

No-one's example. Stop focusing on what men are doing/wearing/carrying.
Why dwell on the non-essential?

All you people with this backward mindset, so if you are in a tough situation and God sends one of His servants to you to help you and he is wearing jeans and he brings out his phone to read the scripture he received for your comfort, you are telling me that you will instantly discount him because he does not look like this....

My people are just too materialistic for my liking. Unable to perceive past the glitter and slaves to what they see and what they have accepted as reliable stereotypes.
Pardon my seeming outburst, but you just seem like you need to have a better understanding of the faith you are in.
Always look out for the inner-meaning, the inner-purpose, the working of the Spirit of God regardless of medium... not the outer or apparent, otherwise that is the beginning of being an easily deceived elect in these end-times.

You might think I am babbling in that last paragraph, but what I am saying there ties in more than you know.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by tunde233(m): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
2buff:

No-one's example. Stop focusing on what men are doing/wearing/carrying.
Why dwell on the non-essential?

All you people with this backward mindset, so if you are in a tough situation and God sends one of His servants to you to help you and he is wearing jeans and he brings out his phone to read the scripture he received for your comfort, you are telling me that you will instantly discount him because he does not look like this....

My people are just too materialistic for my liking. Unable to perceive past the glitter and slaves to what they see and what they have accepted as reliable stereotypes.
Pardon my seeming outburst, but you just seem like you need to have a better understanding of the faith you are in.
Always look out for the inner-meaning, the inner-purpose, the working of the Spirit of God regardless of medium... not the outer or apparent, otherwise that is the beginning of being an easily deceived elect in these end-times.

You might think I am babbling in that last paragraph, but what I am saying there ties in more than you know.

You missed the points entirely. I choose to leave you to your own thinking/reasoning...
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
For most pastors do not care about the means by which to read the Bible ...
What really matters is the means by which collects the tithe.
That's what allows you to have your phone, your computer, your new car ...
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by cindyrella(f): 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
ariyebaba: U r attending old generation church. U better move to church were they av embrace technology. Stop embarrassing ur self with dat ur cheap phone.

+100
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by apasico(m): 1:16am On Apr 12, 2012
Everything is wrong with that. Even d pastors using laptops. God never change. D Bible is Holy. Dnt be lovers of d world. I dnt even advice d projector 4 bible verse display. They are all worldly. D word of God remains d same. Is nt apart technology is abt making heaven. My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 12, 2012
apasico: Everything is wrong with that. Even d pastors using laptops. God never change. D Bible is Holy. Dnt be lovers of d world. I dnt even advice d projector 4 bible verse display. They are all worldly. D word of God remains d same. Is nt apart technology is abt making heaven. My people perish for lack of knowledge.

Hahaha. Your sort would have been the ones that would have fought them when Paper newly came out and they were going to right the 10 commandments on paper.
There are always enemies of progress grin
Re: I Was Embarassed 4 Reading Bible From My Phone,whats Wrong With That? by lastpage: 5:52am On Apr 12, 2012
If Pastors buy private Jets for themselves, you will hear "its for propagation of the Gospel" but if a member uses an I-Phone to read his Bible, you will hear "He is trying to show-off or embarrass the church"! shocked shocked

When are we going to stop idolizing Pastors? Dem be human beings like us, dem no be spirit o! grin

Should one carry all those "Versions of the Bible" (about six!) to church rather than carry a nifty gadget that has all the versions in it? Haaba, wetin sef?

The Pastor of my own church first saw the I-Pad with another brother-member during his "talk" one week day and he admired it for the convenience and the ease it delivered during the talk and he expressed interest in buying one for himself.

Well, by next Sunday, even those that dont own one, bought one for him! Fair enough, its their money.
Now, would such MOG be in a position to condemn others for using something that he knew was beneficial to the Gospel? I dont think so.

@Op, l think you should have "schooled" that over-bearing and over-righteous "Church leader" that chastised you.
If l were in your shoes, l would have asked him/her to show me and tell me, "How reading the Bible from my phone has damaged the Gospel".

May be she/he does not have one and is intimidated that "an ORDINARY FLOOR MEMBER" is championing such advancement! grin grin

What is her business sef? or did the message differ from that one on Paper-Bible?
Mtschew, ewuuu nonsense! grin

Lastpage!

BTW: I intend to "propose it in church" that our Pastor deliver "his message" to us in our various homes, via Video Streaming over broadband! Why should everyone waste "resources" (time, energy, fuel, road risk,e.t.c) to get "something" (preaching) they can equally get "easier, cheaper, better and we can even record it so we can "replay" it all night and day! Okay, "contributions like Tithe and Offering" can be tricky in that case! grin

But hey, we an also do "online Tithe/offerings" from our various bank account! Nothing to worry about Pastor, the monneey go complete! shocked
Imagine how it will be if everyone that watched football had to go to the stadium for every match, instead of watching it on TV?
O'dikwa risky, dis my proposition!
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop / Gang Kidnaps 17 American Missionaries In Haiti / Six Things Christain Youths Should Engage In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.