Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148204 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by michael77: 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2008
guys, i just got mine today for medicals next tuesday. thank God. what relief.
for those who've not gotten, just keep hoping. God will do it.
i
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 4:05pm On Feb 01, 2008
I am not speculating. if you kno someone who got first class, he probably did not do too well in the SRD, and if you know someone with 2;2, he had waec in one sitting and blasted the SRD. of course there are others that cant be "overlooked". you know "very long legged persons"
But pls keep the hope alive. those people in this group stand a great chance of making it. i expect more good news than bad ones, it will only take longer waiting. so keep ur hearts in your chests.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
michael77:

I'm loosing my mind
michael77:

guys, i just got mine today for medicals next tuesday. thank God. what relief.
for those who've not gotten, just keep hoping. God will do it.
i

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I guess u can start "finding" your mind back now, eh?

Congrats, man!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
Sorry folks, just trying to diffuse the tension in the house a bit; every one seems to be on tenterhooks checking their email 24-7, yours truly included,

Anyhowz, as for those in my cat-a-gory, no news yet; their 10 days is seeming more like 10000000 days angry

Or, Tosat et al, u beg to differ? Good or bad news, notin don happen.
Pls confirm from that ur friend that refuses to "nairaland" with us, grin

Expectantly urs, sad cutesy wink cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2008
Guys,

Goodevening. Hope u had a great week. For the hopefilled, congrats and for the hopeful, God dey.

@micael77
[guys, i just got mine today for medicals next tuesday. thank God. what relief.
for those who've not gotten, just keep hoping. God will do it.]
Abeg where do you stay and where were u invited to for the medicals?

Have a nice weekend.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2008
Micheal i'm really happy for you, thrilled that you did not go insane as you thought you would, All the best in your medicals oh

Cutesey, long time no post, thanks for bringing some light into the thread as you know these engineering people will all soon be on their way ( sadly) the more their letters come in the less we'll see of them, meaning we need to keep the thread moving.

Yeah i heard people in your category have not heard anything at all, well i think it all has to do with the restructuring thing, the one shell project. About 3000 staff will be laid off so lets give them benefit of the doubt and say they have a lot on their hands right now, the best we can do is wait or you could even call your facilitator to find out more info,

The wait continues ohh, lets hope that this month we'll have some news.

Cheers all

Happy weekend people
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hmmm
i just went through the whole thread, it was fun, going back. Seeing where we started from and where we are now.

Once again congrats to all those who have made it so far, BROWN B, YEMHOSKY, OHBOYWOY, RAVE. RANBAXY, MICHEAL77,kDB
Wish you all the best. Please you guys should keep us updated on whats happening, you are our shell eyes and ears for now, lol

To all those still hopefull, my prayers are going out to you all, It is well oh

Cheers people
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Miketomi: 10:10am On Feb 02, 2008
Well we have come along way with this thread.
Several information have been given by several people and I must confess they are all useful.
From my own submission, the first sets of successful invited was based on community/Niger Delta factor. This claim was supported by an earlier post of nivie

Secondly, the information of having issues with medical in Lagos is also very true.

As regards onavae  assertions there may be some element of truth in it.

In my group for instance, we had first class product  with distinctions in Waec one sitting, generally our SRD was perfect and  we were just five.
The only guy that was not so happy during the SRD because he was a bit jittery was the first person to be called for medical ( although he is from Niger/Delta and he resides in PH).  The rest of us are believing God for His mercy and favour including another Niger/Deltan with 2:1 but resides in Lagos.

However, to God be the glory, this morning I got my invitation for medical in FMH next week. It was sent yesterday.
IN A NUTSHELL BY STRENGTH SHALL NO MAN PREVAIL. GOD CAN DO AND WILL DO ALL THINGs PROVIDED YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN HIM.
TO HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

As many that are still trusting God for goodnews from Shell, do not despair and also avoid despondency from setting in, the bible says those who wait for the Lord (i.e put their trust in the Lord) shall not be put to shame (disappointed). Ish 49:23.

Wishing everyone the very best.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2008
CONGRATS MIKETOMI, that makes eight succesful shell hopefuls, i mean shell workers in the house, lol

And i belive the number will keep growing by the hour, please let us know whats up ohhh, don't just fade away into the dark remember plenty shell hopefuls still dey here expecting some information at any point in time,

congrats to you all, and guys lets keep the faith up and this thread from disappearing, i had to search for a while before i located the thread ohhh, its not a good sign ohhh,

HR/FIN hopefuls we have to keep posting now our time never reach ohh, and from what i hear it maynot be for some time,

Anyway people, wishing you all a fantastic week ahead,

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by badtype: 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hi everyone, its bn nice following this thread for a long time now. Kudos to all those who ve bn posting vital info. Though, this is my first posting bt i ve alwayz bn a member of this forum.

Did my interview smtime last yr @ warri, we were 7 with 2 civil engineers and 5 computer engrs. To the best of my knowledge almost every1 did very well. And to God be the Glory, i'm a beneficiary. So far so good, 5 were called for medicals while 2 re still on the awaiting list. Was called on the 21st and my med. was schedule for 22nd being the next day in PH. Guess we were the 2nd set that did d test and we were 6 in numbers including one guy that cldn't make the 1st day med test, leaving jst 3 on the 1st day.

Went back to shell on the 1st Feb and to my greatest surprised there were no candidates schedule for that day, I only saw 4 pple who cldn't complete there medicals on the 31st and were asked to report back the following day. Leaving me in a confused state if they re done with medicals in Ph or probably they re on a break. I pray they shld be on break to allow more nairalanders to come-in coz i believe we re like a family.

Just do me, urself and everyone here a favour by putting ur trust in God, be prayerful, believe in Him and above all be patient and wait for Him to Act. He can make a way where there seems to be no way. Fellow Nairalanders, ur interview may not be the best but all hope is not lost, not yet, Jesus can perform miracle in ur life 2day. He knows u by ur name (even b4 birth), He knows what u want, He knows what to do and He knows where to locate u. Man and connections may fail u, Counselling may only reform and inform u but only one man can TRANSFORM u, that man is JESUS!!! He loves u so so much. Jst do urself one good thing and leave to regreat no more, give ur life to HIM and sitp1 is all urs.

Looking forward to that glorious day we shall all see at warri.

One love nairalanders!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2008
The Lord is great and worthy to be praised. I just got my OFFER LETTER.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2008
thats ten down and more to go, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

like badtype said lets all just put our trust in God, very nice post badtype, atleast you didnt just get your medicals and disappear you contributed something and for a first post you did pretty well, lol , Congrats to you ohhhhh i hope this will be the beginning of many open doors in your life.

And to deinowei,wishing you all the best too

All the best people, it may be a long wait but God dey!!

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by angela255: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2008
Itz nice to see that gud news are still coming to some of the nairaland folks on this shell matter oh.
I am still on d wait and nothing yet out. if only they can just let someone know where someone stands.

And then the batch matter just makes it a whole new game. I am in a bad shape now and all i really need is a letter, any letter.

gud or bad.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by BrownB1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2008
cheesy Got mine too!
its well o!

takkia all
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2008
cheesy hmm, funny, this is the first time i've been ill in like a yr?? yea, and then what happens i check my mail and i see an OFFER LETTER from shell, WOW!!!!!

well, if na so it dey happen, make i continue to dey fall ill ohhhh,lol,

anyways, to all those still awaiting just keep the faith aight, am expecting more than 90% of us here in this forum to make it to warri (the remaining 10% didnt even apply of course),

is there a way we all could get names n numbers?? i mean how we gonna know each other when we get there?? or is that to early, anyways all d best for those still expecting, and a big CONGRATS to those already there, HE will continue to do good things in your lives, peace
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2008
Congrats KDB,, that illness of yours get as e be ohhhhh

So this is the offer letter, the real thing, meaning yourmedicals went great, so when do you guyys start?
so happy for you, yeah i actually think we should excahnge numbers and stuff so we can get to know ourselves when we get there, though i will not be going to warri with you , lol

I'm really happy for all the engineers in the house that made it through, and still praying for the rest still hopefull,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 10:30am On Feb 05, 2008
thanks robbie lex!!! appreciate it, was always under the impression you were an engineer, so am guessing your in for the hr/fin group then?? wishing you all the best in your endeavours mate,you'll surely get there,

we've got loads of time to prepare though as we start on the 1st of april, do any of y'all have any idea if their through with the medicals??this one that they've started sending offer letters??
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Anniwil(m): 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2008
Well for KDB and others congrats,like i said u guys shld see us as your brodas when n u arrive here o!!(us in SITP/2).I really enjoy this conversation,the hopes expressed e.t.c.But i've got some news,was at a shell meeting in which Mutiu Sunmonu,the current MD,SPDC and Ann Pickaard,The Vice President,Exploration and Production(West Africa) addressed us,the fact is that Shell is being owed about 2 billion dollars for the JV patnership by the Federal Government and it's affecting their operations (and their paying contract staff),also the MD made it clear that the PROJECT "one shell" is under TEMPORARY SUSPENSION
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Anniwil(m): 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2008
Well for KDB and others congrats,like i said u guys shld see us as your brodas when n u arrive here o!!(us in SITP/2).I really enjoy this thread,the hopes expressed e.t.c.But i've got some news,was at a shell meeting in which Mutiu Sunmonu,the current MD,SPDC and Ann Pickaard,The Vice President,Exploration and Production(West Africa) addressed us,the fact is that Shell is being owed about 2 billion dollars for the JV patnership by the Federal Government and it's affecting their operations (and their paying contract staff),also the MD made it clear that the PROJECT "one shell" is under TEMPORARY SUSPENSION as the FG has asked for further clarifications from the shell mgt.The overall effect is that those who are scheduled to be retired will not yet be retired until this whole thing is sorted out.Well for all the shell hopefuls who are coming into SITP/1,there's no cause for alarm as you are STAFF ON TRAINING with some big pay package.I imagine u guys buying UR IV-TECs,JEEPS AND SLEEK CARS AT MOST FOUR MONTHS INTO THE TRAINING,but like i earlier said see us as your broda[color=#990000][/color].o!!So much for now,i really buy the idea of getting names and numbers of members who'll be joining us here in April.i'll start with my e-mail addy xtracoded@yahoo.com for security reasons. .at least  celebrating over a bottle of beer will suffice.Cheers y'all.back to my moduluminous modules(imagine i get exam 2mrw,i neva even read)
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by masaroke: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2008
i must say congrat too.God is really there for us if only we come close to him. The God that did it 4 u will do it for me n all.Amen
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2008
hey anniwil, was jus wondering if you could give me some info on sitp 2 n whats its about, is it also at warri? do you guys also have exams every week or two? fill me in abeg,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2008
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iam so glad for those that have made it into SITP1. Please who knows if they are through with the medicals. I have not heard anything from them, good or bad. Who has a number i can call to find out how far, or alternatively call your contacts in hr and keep us posted. Iam in a terrible state PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!

CONGRATS once more and God bless you all.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2008
Na wa ooooooooooo,
This one that they have start sending offer letter, i'm being forced to conclude that I didn't make my SRD most likely because up to this point, I have not heard from shell and it not good for my system as I am always in a bad mood all the time and I'm really tired of my banking job.
All thesame, shell or no Shell, life continues.
Congract to all those that made it to edjeba.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Miketomi: 8:24pm On Feb 05, 2008
CONGRATS to our folks with their offer letter cooling off in their various email boxes.
I rejoice with you for making it to ELV for 2008/2009 SITP.

Q1: From the offer letter when are we suppose to resume?

Q2: Are they going to still send hardcopy letter of offer?

To other Shell hopefuls, never say die until the game is over. I must tell you the game is not yet over.
If God wants you in SHELL thru this year SITP, no Power can stop you.
Keep trusting him and His purpose for your life shall not be defeated.

To the guys that already had their meidcals, God will complete the good works He has started in your life.

Last but not the least, medical test is still on in Lagos.
So it is too early to give up.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2008
Anniwil:

Well for KDB and others congrats,like i said u guys shld see us as your brodas when n u arrive here o!!(us in SITP/2).I really enjoy this thread,the hopes expressed e.t.c.But i've got some news,was at a shell meeting in which Mutiu Sunmonu,the current MD,SPDC and Ann Pickaard,The Vice President,Exploration and Production(West Africa) addressed us,the fact is that Shell is being owed about 2 billion dollars for the JV patnership by the Federal Government and it's affecting their operations (and their paying contract staff),also the MD made it clear that the PROJECT "one shell" is under TEMPORARY SUSPENSION as the FG has asked for further clarifications from the shell mgt.The overall effect is that those who are scheduled to be retired will not yet be retired until this whole thing is sorted out.Well for all the shell hopefuls who are coming into SITP/1,there's no cause for alarm as you are STAFF ON TRAINING with some big pay package.I imagine u guys buying UR IV-TECs,JEEPS AND SLEEK CARS AT MOST FOUR MONTHS INTO THE TRAINING,but like i earlier said see us as your brother[color=#990000][/color].o!!So much for now,i really buy the idea of getting names and numbers of members who'll be joining us here in April.i'll start with my e-mail addy xtracoded@yahoo.com for security reasons. .at least celebrating over a bottle of beer will suffice.Cheers y'all.back to my moduluminous modules(imagine i get exam 2mrw,i never even read)

So i guess this means there will be no retrenching,
thanks for the info, you've been really great providing us with inside info,
nice one man

HR/FIN hopefuls i heaar they have started contacting those who had one on one interviews in january, my heart goes out to you all, cutesey and co, all the best and let us know how it went.

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
My younger brother just got his grin
So i guess i'll be there when he kicks off. . .

I can answer any questions you guys have about SITP1. . .
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2008
hey texazzpete!!!!!!!!

need some info on sitp 1 of you dont mind, basically, the structure and what it really entails, you know courses, tests, exams, anything you can offer, just got my offer letter and lookin to know more about what am gettin myself into if you know what i mean, thanks man,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2008
Glory to GOD. I got my employment offer mail from shell , on monday,for sitp 1, we are to resume on april 1 ist. for those still expecting mails for medicals keep ur faith alive, the medicals is still on, mails are still coming, while for those who are through with the medicals keeep cheecking ur mail box every day. GOD will do it for all, he is not a respecter of person.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
let me the first to congratulate you RANBAXY, enjoy the moment man, you deserved it!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
My people!!!!! grin grin grin grin
congrats! there seems to be lotsa good news flowing, KDB,miketomi,BrownB,RANBAXY!!!

Been away for a while-work is not being easy on me oh sad sad sad

i'm happy for all of u folks thats have made it into Shell- a big congratulations and to the rest of my people-onavae, night crawler(where art thou?) scoobydoo,didycee,2 good, masoroke and all hopefuls, i pray God that has done for others would do yours smiley

@Hr/Fin folks
hmmm, the wait is still on, lets not get weary and all remain expectant, God that has done for our brothers would do ours too in Jesus name smiley smiley smiley

@cutesy
my friend has not gottn any feedback from shell oh, what about u? i wish you all d best

@robbielex
how una dey? its been a while. would give u a call soon sef. pls can u shed some light on the people that have gotten feedback as par the interview?

At everyone, God dey, lets all continue sowing seeds of rejoicing knowing that God would in turn,cause people to continually rejoice wiv us thru life.

Cheers y'all
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by texazzpete(m): 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2008
@KDB
You'll do a whole lot of courses cheesy
The learning environment is splendid, the teaching is very good. Lecturers are usually friendly (since you're a staff, no more Uni bully-boy tactics) and approchable.

lectures usually from 8 - 5, tea/relaxation breaks every hour ( 5 - 15 mins).
Exams!! loads of 'em. Th eonly good thing is the exams are only one hour in duration, so you won't die. it's an intensive programme, and it'll keep you on your toes almost all the way.

but expect to make some of the best pals you'll ever make there.

one more thing. . .

Some of y'all are gonna be silly enough to start sourcing for past reading materials to get a head start. That is the dumbest thing anyone can do, and i strongly discourage anyone from doing anything of that sort. Rest your brains for when its needed. Everything there is taught in a way that you'll pick it up easy.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 7:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
hey congrats ranbaxy, i'm really happy for you oh.

Hmmm Tosat nah wah for you ohhhh, i have not heard from you in centuries, well yeah they have started contacting people but as usual the negative info comes first, so if that your friend has not heard anything then i guess he is either in the " he did very well category" or "under consideration"

Anyway that stuff i went for was very fine thanks for asking,

please try and find out more info on this shell recruitment thing nowwwwwwwwww, we hr/fin hopefuls want to know whats up

Hmmm cutesey have you heard anything yet tooo, let us know ok?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.