Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148206 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ onavae
Sorry it had to end like this after long period of waiting.
For me sha I am yet to hear from them. I call the HR yesterday and was told that they are still doing some considerations and that I will hear from them in atmost 2 weeks time either good or bad but I have nevertheless, put my mind on bad and expect the worst.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ Onavae

Ma brother, sorry it had to end like that , am sure the good Lord has a much different plan for you that would ultimately allow you achieve the heights you have set out for yourself, and who knows, even surpass it (Amen) , keep your head up man!!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2008
onavae:

after waiting all this time, i finally get a mail from shell to know that i should wait no more, and that i should reapply in 2 years time.
To God still be the Glory. we will keep hoping and managing the small one wey de hand.

Whenever dispappiontments come, be assured that God is working something spectacular which would compensate in excess for it,
I like your spirit, onavae, u are taking it in good strides which is a sure indicator that u r going somewhere bigger and have a fighting spirit, i know u won't want us to organise a pity party here but then this is a sincere word of encouragement, God makes [/b][b]ALL things work together for your good, even if you can not see it now

Stay strong man! Pls keep the posts coming,

Cheers.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2008
onavae:

after waiting all this time, i finally get a mail from shell to know that i should wait no more, and that i should reapply in 2 years time.
To God still be the Glory. we will keep hoping and managing the small one wey de hand.

Awwwwww sorry things turned out like this, but like you said to God still be the glory, that's really the truth that with or without shell or whatever earthly ambitions we have God is Glory,

Take heart men, i know this isnt easy, the wait and now this disappointment, but like everyone has said God has something better in store for you so dont lose hope, he'll still make a way for you.

Thanks for all the information and all the contributions you ever made on this thread, in your own little way you touched peoples lives and i think thats important,

All the best in all your future endeavours.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2008
@Onavae

Robbie Lex is right about u having touched people's lives one way or the other on this thread, u r destined for big things, hang on in there, wotz that I hear? Check ur email quick, man, I think I hear Mobil Knocking, (or is it Schlum?)

It is well wink .
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Shezman: 11:28am On Feb 13, 2008
Hi All,

You guys have been doing a great job keeping this thread burning and hope alive. For all who still hoping, don't give up. For those who didn't get in, better things are on the way.

I got my offer letter last Friday. I look forward to seeing so many of you guys at Edjegba. I would like to find out though, does any one have a comprehensive description of how to get there? Also, we'll we be provided with laptops? How about internet access?

You guys have yourselves a wonderful day. One things for sure, Shell or not, we're all destined for the top. Believe!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ shezman
Are you leaving for ELV tomorrow, even if you are to trek from Sokoto to Warri, you'll definitely get there before 20th of March. My man, i know you are excited but just slow down and don't start spending the salary which you have not started earning. cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by fmonopoli: 5:37pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Onavae, what step did u reach ? Sorry to hear that it did not work this time, but always keep in mind that Gods time is the BEST. Take care
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by fmonopoli: 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2008
Please guys that have taken part in the SRD, are the case studies the same and can anyone provide the case,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by somze(f): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2008
fmonopoli
The Case studies are the same. You are not allowed to do this but your group can share parts of the 25 page document and each person concentrates on a section and explains it to the group

The Scenarios are different depending on the department you apply for but the idea is basically the same.

Onavae
It's really sad to hear, I know how disappointed you must feel but I trust you are matured enough to put this behind you.
We will get there man . . . Shell or no Shell.

Edoblakky
How come your friend has access to the list?
I seriously doubt that fact. Procedures are well spelt out and adhered strictly to. The only people that can check the list are those that are working and deliberating on it. Not even other HR personnel can view it much less some staff in SITP.
Keep the hope alife though, answers should be through this month.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2008
fmonopoli:

Please guys that have taken part in the SRD, are the case studies the same and can anyone provide the case,

are you asking for the case studies we did like seriously asking someone to post the case study we worked on in the interview

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2008
somze:

fmonopoli
The Case studies are the same. You are not allowed to do this but you group can share parts of the 25 page document and each person concentrates on a section and explains it to the group

unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by somze(f): 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2008
Robbie
Like I said it is not allowed . . .
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:51pm On Feb 13, 2008
somze:

Robbie
Like I said it is not allowed . . .

Hmmmmmmmmm ok then, for a second i thought you where actually serious!!

PS you forgot the Lex in my name, LOL
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2008
oh and Somze are you also a shell hopeful?
You just seem to know quite alot for someone trying to get into shell,

i'm guessing you probarbly treaded this path once upon a time right, wink
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by somze(f): 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2008
LOL grin

Aint you a funny man,

Yeh, I did the SRD around October, no reply yet but something good came up in December . . . wink

I know how agonizing it can be though. I dont understand why large firms put people through all this only to nicely reject them after months.

It happens everywhere though.

Where I am now it took a few months too to get the reply.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2008
hmmmmmmm you must be in a really nice place somze, good for you
yeah the wait can be agonizing and dreadfully annoying
but what can we do,
we jobless men are more or less at the mercy of the few who control the labour market,

Nice meeting you my man,

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by somze(f): 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2008
Nice meeting you . . .

I have to commend you on this thread and your efforts so far. You've built a community here, you've given hope, and enabled information sharing. I know your reward is closer than you think, keep the faith.

Stay safe man.

Cheers!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by cutesy(f): 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2008
somze:

Nice meeting you . . .

I have to commend you on this thread and your efforts so far. You've built a community here, you've given hope, and enabled information sharing. I know your reward is closer than you think, keep the faith.

Stay safe man.

Cheers!

.", Another Robbie Lex convert in the house!!!!" U suppose open church, Robbie Lex, LoL!(I couldn't resist it wink)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by onavae(m): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2008
meennn!! thanks a lot. i really need all that encouragement. i guess i am now an illegal member of this thread, since i am no longer hopeful grin grin grin
anyway, i will still stick around if u allow me, at least i still have friends here and i could still be of some help to other hopefuls.
someone asked what level i got to? i did the SRD, i was told that i did very well in the thechnical test, that my problem was in the CAR assessment, so all you hopefuls should be very careful in your CAR assessment.
i am still with u.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
Please guys, does anybody have current news as regards what is happening to those of us that have not been contacted for SITP1? been tired of the waiting long ago but dont mind getting an update from any member of the house
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
@ Somze
My friend (a student of SITP)knows someone in H/R who checked the list.Of the 2 of us he said were in the list,one (not me) has been called 4 medicals & given employment letter.I'm still very hopeful & full of faith.I learnt that out of 4 of us in my grp.1 has been called,2 rejected while i'm yet 2 hear 4rm them.I don't know whether they will still reject more people as they did on Monday & Tuesday.I believe the rest of us should expect good news only.God is still on the throne
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2008
cutesy:

.", Another Robbie Lex convert in the house!!!!" You suppose open church, Robbie Lex, LoL!(I couldn't resist it wink)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol cutesy you are really funny,
onavae:

meennn!! thanks a lot. i really need all that encouragement. i guess i am now an illegal member of this thread, since i am no longer hopeful grin grin grin
anyway, i will still stick around if u allow me, at least i still have friends here and i could still be of some help to other hopefuls.
someone asked what level i got to? i did the SRD, i was told that i did very well in the thechnical test, that my problem was in the CAR assessment, so all you hopefuls should be very careful in your CAR assessment.
i am still with u.

Question, ? theres no request for permission here, you are one of us, shell or no shell.
To think of all the numerous contributions, the words,the information and dedication you showed to this thread,

honestly you are what made people want to check what was going on in here, everyone always wanted to read what you had posted, i just stood at the side and posted stuff to make sure the thread didnt end up at the bottom of the page,

Great to have you around though, you have shown something alot of us should work hard to have, a positive attitude and the right spirit,

You are indeed a great man Onavae, and i'm glad that i met you!!!

somze:

Nice meeting you . . .

Stay safe man.

Cheers!

I couldn't have done it without you all.
And i say a big Amen to that

Thanks man!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2008
Oh and happy vals day people,

a little late for the wishes but hey its never to late to show someone some love, wink

Good night

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by texazzpete(m): 9:18am On Feb 15, 2008
hey
Sorry i haven't been around to answer some of the questions directed at me.

Some have been truly amusing though! Of course there'll be internet access grin. Perhaps not in your rooms, and you won't be using them with limewire or Bittorent (sly devils grin) but it's fast and free.

Sorry, no laptops will be provided for you. You pretty much have to buy yours. laptops aren't a neccessity per se, but you'll most likely wanna get one for entertainment, maybe games and also for assignments, reports etc.

You'll easily be able to afford a top-of-the-range model with your first salary, so no need rushing out to buy any crappy pentium 3 off the streets.

Sports stuff will be provided, so no need to pack a tennis racket straightaway, except you've got a special preference for yours. Indoor sports like snooker, scrabble and table tennis exist too.

Any more questions?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by somze(f): 10:29am On Feb 15, 2008
Texazzpete
There are rumours that Shell recruitment process is flawed in terms of ethnicity as they regularly pick more candidates from the west than any other area in Nigeria. What is your take on this?

In your SITP group, what is the predominant ethnic group?

Sorry to go offtopic, but I hear that among other reasons (including debt owed by the govt and niger delta crisis causing a drop in production level) this was one of the reasons behind the full scale retrenchment exercise that was to take place. Apparently the exercise has been cancelled due to external pressure from the President, NNPC and House of Reps.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2008
@ texazzpete
I called u 2 help us find out if Shell'd still send more rejection letters or if they're through because after Monday & Tuesday that they rejected more hopefuls,they have been silent.I'm still waiting 4 ur reply.Anyway,I'm still full of faith that I'd definitely be called
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 6:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
Onavae, God know the best, it maight not be ur time yet, but i will advise u, to try and put in next time cos there was a lady, we did medicals together, she said this was her third time of putting in for sitp, and G od, bless her this time she got the job. so pesistence pay most time. God can be wrong.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 12:35am On Feb 16, 2008
@texazzpete

how u doing man, mmm, just a thought, heard somethin bout our accomodations being renovated?? does that mean d rooms are now self contained?? as in like you got ur own rest rooms (toilets) n stuff?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2008
KDB, I'm guessing you are a very private person right, you seem awfully keen on staying alone, lol
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2008
@Robbie lex

lol, private?? well not exactly, wldnt mind a hostel like setting,afterall i did go to boarding school, only jus curious thats all, besides am sure we all wld prefer it if our rooms were self-containded, abi??
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by fmonopoli: 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2008
Okay guys, I might not be able to make this coming weeks SRD, but I have been rescheduled for the next one coming up first week in March,

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.