Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,813 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation - Jobs/Vacancies (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation (148211 Views)

Shell Nigeria Madness / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2008
fmonopoli:

Okay guys, I might not be able to make this coming weeks SRD, but I have been rescheduled for the next one coming up first week in March,

So there's another srd coming up in march, hmmmmmm do you know if this is the last one that's going to hold or are there more scheduled in april, may, or even JUNE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2008
KDB:

@Robbie lex

lol, private?? well not exactly, wldnt mind a hostel like setting,afterall i did go to boarding school, only jus curious thats all, besides am sure we all would prefer it if our rooms were self-containded, abi??

yup i feel you, was only just pulling your legs jare!

somze:

Texazzpete
There are rumours that Shell recruitment process is flawed in terms of ethnicity as they regularly pick more candidates from the west than any other area in Nigeria. What is your take on this?

In your SITP group, what is the predominant ethnic group?

Sorry to go offtopic, but I hear that among other reasons (including debt owed by the govt and niger delta crisis causing a drop in production level) this was one of the reasons behind the full scale retrenchment exercise that was to take place. Apparently the exercise has been cancelled due to external pressure from the President, NNPC and House of Reps.

I wouldn't say shell's process is flawed because of ethnicity, i just believe the recruitment process is only a reflection of the country we live in.

Ethnicity is a very important part of Nigeria, and this division shows its head from the day you write common entrance, sit for jamb examinations to get into university, receive scholarships in university, and continues straight through to the process of getting a job.There is always one form of quota system rooted firmly on ethnicity, while this may not seem very healthy it's a necessary evil to achieving a form of balance in the country and it will keep on being an important part of the country for some time to come.

It would be almost impossible for a multinational (especially one that has its operations  tied down to the vital part of Nigeria's economy- oil )operating in Nigeria who will not take the peculiarities of the Nigerian environment into consideration.

Rather than say flawed, I'd say it is aware of the Nigerian factor and really for any organisation to be successful it has to incorporate the environment into its overall corprate strategy, which of course involves its human resource strategy. Call it unfair but yeah people from the Niger delta will be given some sort of preference, either in the number of people they hire, or less stringent requirements,

so i wouldn't be shocked or surprised if texxazpete says they have more western people in his programme

somze:

regularly pick more candidates from the west than any other area in Nigeria
I hear that among other reasons this was one of the reasons behind the full scale retrenchment exercise that was to take place.

I disagree with you on this, i doubt if ongoing restructuring has anything to do with wanting to hire more people from the west,  from what i understood it was purely efficiency driven, shell is trying to streamline jobs through its ONE Shell project, which of course is an off shoot of the vandalising of their vessels, Niger delta crises, debts owed to suppliers and a series of other things

But of course people within the walls of shell will have a clearer and firmer grasp on the situation, but even then people's opinions generally differ on the subject,

guess we just have to wait and see how the story unfolds.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by angela255: 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2008
well folks we are into the last week of shells 2 weeks grace to contact the rest of the SITP 1 hopefuls. me lol I am tired of waiting,

please shell HR let us know waz up and contact us Monday, Tuesday or at most Friday this week, those of u who have got HR's nos , should call them oo.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2008
angela255:

well folks we are into the last week of shells 2 weeks grace to contact the rest of the SITP 1 hopefuls. me lol I am tired of waiting,

please shell HR let us know waz up and contact us Monday, Tuesday or at most Friday this week, those of u who have got HR's nos , should call them oo.

I know the feeling jare, atleasy you sitp folks have had some form of feedback, we hr/fin folks are just hanging jare,

but what can we do, but wait and pray of course, everything is in God's hands and what is meant to be will be, i tend to think that way these days because it helps me worry less about things, if not i for don die with hypertension on top waiting for shell, lol

I can just imagine the tension you must be going through especially now that people have gotten offer letters and even rejection letters, but just keep having faith and believing in God, at this point that's the best thing to do.

Take it easy angela and whatever happens just know that God indeed knows best.

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by myro(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2008
random question: can somone please share with us what the dress code is like during the week at ELV? is it business casual or university casual. i go like the second choice sha.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by texazzpete(m): 8:39am On Feb 19, 2008
myro:

random question: can somone please share with us what the dress code is like during the week at ELV? is it business casual or university casual. i go like the second choice sha.

You can turn up in boxers if you want. Just focus on what you're to do: learn.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Rave(f): 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2008
Hi all. Just took some time off. I'm planning my wedding. grin grin grin grin

@ Onavae
Sorry it turned out this way. But like Ranbaxy said, persistence pays sometimes. So don't give up. Keep your head up! God is surely taking you to higher places.

@cutesy
Yeah Girl!!! We hit the bull's eye, and I think we even went beyond. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

See you guys in Edjeba, come fools day (April 1st)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by michael77: 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2008
pls, is there anyone who's done the medicals who's still waiting for the offer letter. i seem to be in a peculiar position. i did my medicals last two weeks today but i've not gotten any feedback yet.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by 2good(m): 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2008
hi guys,
Please does anyone have an idea of what will happen to us that have not been contacted yet? I have for long been tired of waiting
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Edoblakky(m): 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2008
Abeg,texazzpete make u tell us wetin dey happen concerning we wey never hear 4rm Shell as per medicals. U know whether dem go still call? This na d only help wey we fit get 4rm u
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:49pm On Feb 19, 2008
Rave:

Hi all. Just took some time off. I'm planning my wedding. grin grin grin grin

@ Onavae
Sorry it turned out this way. But like Ranbaxy said, persistence pays sometimes. So don't give up. Keep your head up! God is surely taking you to higher places.

@cutesy
Yeah Girl!!! We hit the bull's eye, and I think we even went beyond. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

See you guys in Edjeba, come fools day (April 1st)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmm so we hit the bulls eye yeah, that;s really great news ohhhhhhhh, atleast it was worth the wait in the end.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, hmmmmm you suppose send special shell hopefuls invitation and we suppose get special VIP seat.LOL

Yes persistence does pay alot, i'm learning that theses days oh

2good:

hi guys,
Please does anyone have an idea of what will happen to us that have not been contacted yet? I have for long been tired of waiting

wish i knew the answer to that question, but hey you really have no choice but to keep waiting i guess!

To the house, please make una no disappear,
the thread is mighty lonely without you all,

cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
texazzpete:

You can turn up in boxers if you want.

Lol i can just imagine this happening, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

that will be the day!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2008
Edoblakky:

Abeg,texazzpete make u tell us wetin dey happen concerning we wey never hear from Shell as per medicals. You know whether them go still call? This na d only help wey we fit get from u

Edoblakky i can just imagine how you feel, tons of us still havent heard anything still sooo just take it easy ok.
Maybe you guys should actually call your facilitators or something to find out whats up,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 10:11pm On Feb 19, 2008
HOUSE,

Goodevening. I sincerely hope we are all doing fine. SITP hopefuls, how far? Any new gist? I have learnt to chill out before my B.P. rises. So i advice all of us still waiting to do same.

@rave,
congrats jare. When is the big day coming up? I hope it is b4 01-04-08 becoz after then you might not have the time to invite us on this thread again. All the same, i wish you the best.

@robbie lex,
bros, keep up the good work. I can see you doing us all a favour by posting so that this thread does not die. Thank you.

GUYS,
Please lets all endeavour to post often so that we will always have something to look forward to. Thanks. Good night.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by scoobydoo: 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2008
Robbie lex,

how far? i can see you online. How you dey?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by Viviano: 10:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
HI NAIRA LANDERS, I TRIED POSTING A NEW TOPIC BUT DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. PLZ CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT CUS I REALLY NEED TO GIVE OUT INFORMATION. angry
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2008
scoobydoo:

HOUSE,

Goodevening. I sincerely hope we are all doing fine. SITP hopefuls, how far? Any new gist? I have learnt to chill out before my B.P. rises. So i advice all of us still waiting to do same.

@rave,
congrats jare. When is the big day coming up? I hope it is before 01-04-08 becoz after then you might not have the time to invite us on this thread again. All the same, i wish you the best.

@robbie lex,
bros, keep up the good work. I can see you doing us all a favour by posting so that this thread does not die. Thank you.

GUYS,
Please lets all endeavour to post often so that we will always have something to look forward to. Thanks. Good night.

i see you noticed,
well i have no choice really, sometimes i find this thread on the third page, IMAGINE!!!!
so i have to do a quick post to keep it from ending up in the lagoon, lol

Keep the faith alive bros.

Cheers
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RobbieLex: 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2008
scoobydoo:

Robbie lex,

how far? i can see you online. How you dey?

Scoobydoo bi doo where are you
i need a post from you now, lol

Goodnight men
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 11:46pm On Feb 19, 2008
hmm, hey everyone, been asking the same question for the past 1 week now but no one seems to remember me angry angry angry angry, lol but its ok, i guess alot of people are worried and more interested about hearing from shell right now rather than questions concerning life at edjeba,

dunno how many of y'all this will help but i got some info from inside shell n it so happens their gonna close this yrs SITP 1 recruiting 1st week of march, which pretty much means if you havent heard from them then, then, undecided undecided undecided undecided

i guess what am trying to say is theres still a lil bit of hope ok guys, so everyone keep your head up n keep praying aight, theres always a way, if not now, then really soon smiley smiley smiley

@2good
whats up man been trying to call you for ages, how you been?? hope your not takin it too hard on yourself, was kinda under the impression you had heard something, stay positive man, from your posts you seem to have given up?? stay in there, remember, persistence,

@robbielex
must admit, you reallly are doing a great job of keeping this thread alive man, there are somtimes i come on and their like 3-4 consecutive posts from you, and that really is motivating, lol, believe me,anyways great job once again, apparently you havent even heard anything from shell also and you still do what you do, wow!!!!

@rave
hope it wasnt d day you got your offer letter that you decided to say 'yes' ohh, lol, jus kiddin, just remember to keep us in your plans ohh, make we all celebrate together, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Once again to all hopefulls, keep your head up ok, goodnight all,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 11:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
wheres everybody shocked shocked shocked shocked

hard to believe no one posted anything today,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by aniffy4eva(m): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2008
@ everyone

just thought to say hi,

@ Robbie lex

i aint a shell hopeful tho' but u seem to be doing a good job. Moreover, i see that you post once in a while on our thread (Which way, Nlng) and i thought to do the same wink

@ hopefuls

How's the High Blood Pressure going? grin

@ successfuls

Don't abandon the thread o! Remember the days of your waiting, smiley

@ unsuccessfuls

If at first you don't succeed, try again, smiley, ain't as easy as it sounds , right, undecided, i guess all im trying to say is "just stay positive, " wink

Cheers y'all
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by masaroke: 10:17am On Feb 21, 2008
Dear hopefuls, lets keep praying and believing God for the best. i'm nt regular bt will try to remain.

A friend who just completed his training said all hopeful should be calm as they will still consider alot up to 120 as against 80 last year.so lets keep hope alive.

Once again congrats to those successful candidates.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by tosat: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2008
Hi people!!!

how's d house doing?
Guess we are all getting weary of this unending waiting period,
Lets all just continue trusting God for the best, He's working out the very best for our lives,

@ cutesy, how did ur SRD go?

@Robbielex, where una dey yesterday

One love people!
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2008
This house must not fall. to all shell hopeful there is still time for u. ONE HOUR IS TOO MUCH FOR GOD TO DO IT FOR U, EVEN IF THE PROCESS IS ENDING SOON , GOD HAVE NOT FINISH WITH U YET.

@ ALL SITP 1.

HOW is the preperation to start?. pls does any one know what we should take along whe going?. i.e items to carry apart from cloths and toiletries? . i will realy appriciate if any one can help me out here
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by RANBAXY: 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2008
Robbielex, u have touch so many life, put smiles on peoples face,i recall days in the past when i get confuse, this thread was a remendy 2 me after reading, it always brings my hope back.God cant forget u , even if that is the only good thing u have ever done in life. the same apply to all shell hopeful,keep ur faith alive.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Robbie Lex,
You are the man, keep it. The day there was no post on our thread my first reaction was damn where the hell was Robbie Lex. Are you the owner of nairaland smiley smiley Nice one man, we'll get to see if you are as vocal as you type.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2008
@ Rave
How far? You dem begin plan marriage you no go wait to jam correct guys for the SITP to marry smiley
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by deinowei: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2008
@ House
I was invited for Halliburton test in PH, i was wondering what to do, since i already made to shell.
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2008
deinowei:

@ House
I was invited for Halliburton test in PH, i was wondering what to do, since i already made to shell.

hmmm thats a really really hard one?? let me see, well, you cld forget about shell at its no big deal to you, then start from scratch with halliburton, lol, and ohh b4 i forget, remember do that early so someone else cld take ur slot,
grin grin grin grin grin grin

jus kiddin man, ive also got the shell offer, but did a recruitment test yesterday for zenith bank , u know jus to keep me brain running, also got the invitation to the halliburton test at ph, n i'll be there also simply for d same reason, u should too man, at least u were invited n its free, cheesy cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2008
dunno but been hearing some funny stuff of late, their actually some peeps who've done their medicals like two - three weeks now and havnt heard anythin from shell, as you wld imagine their pretty worked up, any of y'all in the same situation?? n if so why d'you think its like that?
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
b4 i forget,just got some info for the house

if any of y'all interested in workin for mobil oil (MON), their actually recruiting with phillips consulting at the moment, just go to www.phillipsrecruitingonline.com and get all the details,

hope y'all had a great day,
Re: Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation by KDB(m): 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
in case that site aint giving you anything reasonable then you might wanna try www.phillipsconsulting.net, thats their website n you should see the advert on mobil oil on the main page,

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (74) (Reply)

The Bank Paying The Highest Salary For Entry Level / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / Police Interview Invite..let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.