Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID (29235 Views)

Poll: Who Do You Want As The Want As The Aare Ona Kakanfo Of NL Yorubas?

Musiwa: 33% (25 votes)
DayoKanu: 14% (11 votes)
Katsumoto: 14% (11 votes)
I Dont Want Any Leader : 36% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Dr. Ona Ekhomu: ISIS Attack Imminent Through Boko Haram / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Election Of David Mark As Senate Leader Is Null & Void (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Beaf: 4:10am On Apr 11, 2012
OAM4J:

hehehe abeg o, I dont know about that o.

Dont worry my dear, as long as am your 'Aare' and you are my 'Olori', we are both fine. cheesy

BTW, @ OP

I nominate katsumoto, when I make up my mind on the 2nd choice I will post.

Please nominate me.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 11, 2012
OAM4J:

hehehe abeg o, I dont know about that o.

Dont worry my dear, as long as am your 'Aare' and you are my 'Olori', we are both fine. cheesy

Abeg, no put me for that kain trouble. Na so so NL-YIM gossip go dey start tongue tongue
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by OAM4J: 4:26am On Apr 11, 2012
Beaf:

Please nominate me.

hehehe grin Give me your Yoruba name and home address in Yoruba land grin

Ileke-IdI:

Abeg, no put me for that kain trouble. Na so so NL-YIM gossip go dey start tongue tongue

What are you afraid of? let them talk jor, na dem get their mouth and yim to gossip. In fact let them spread the news for us across the nations that ileke-idi is OAM4J's Olori, that will keep all trespassers away cool
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 11, 2012
^^^ I say No thank you grin Chaiii!!

[s]Ok, let's keep it a secret okay. We'll just pretend that we hate each other tongue tongue[/s]
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Beaf: 4:30am On Apr 11, 2012
OAM4J:

hehehe grin Give me your Yoruba name and home address in Yoruba land grin

Sir, Oruko mi ni Alaye Segun Atanda.
Address mi: 33a Ajakaye street, Oniparaga, Gbagada, Lagos.

Please nominate me.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by OAM4J: 4:32am On Apr 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ I say No thank you grin Chaiii!!

[s]Ok, let's keep it a secret okay. We'll just pretend that we hate each other tongue tongue[/s]

[s]Ok. like am going to ban you for attempting to derail this important thread grin[/s]
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 11, 2012
^^^ Oloshi grin

Aint it past 4am on your side? lo sun, ogbeni.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by OAM4J: 4:38am On Apr 11, 2012
Beaf:

Sir, Oruko mi ni Alaye Segun Atanda.
Address mi: 33a Ajakaye street, Oniparaga, Gbagada, Lagos.

Please nominate me.

hehehe, ok, when my Intel officers return with their findings.

Ileke-IdI:
^^^ Oloshi grin

Aint it past 4am on your side? lo sun, ogbeni.

No, its not that late here, it's still Tuesday where I am. Am waiting for you to sing for me while I sleep cheesy
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 11, 2012
^^^ Eh is that so? Ok, just duro, duro fun mi. A jo ma sere, sha duro.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Beaf: 4:46am On Apr 11, 2012
OAM4J:

hehehe, ok, when my Intel officers return with their findings.

Kai! See how wayo take enter di matter! embarassed
Do your intel officers like star or odeku? I can also "talk to" beyonce for you. You know na! lol!

--Beaf winks, rolls OAM4J a havana. At his clap, bellie dancers girate to a hypnotic rythm, its especially for OAM4J--

Abeg, nominate me nau. Wetin! A no try? grin
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by EkoIle1: 4:50am On Apr 11, 2012
I hope we are not misplacing our history and historical understanding. Aare-Ona kakanfo is a warrior, he's the generalissimo and many of the names listed are are yet to show their warrior attributes on NL. If you are not a fearless fighter and strong advocate by any means necessary on behalf of the Yoruba people, this position is not for you.

We have cultural and political leaders and many of the folks on the list sounds more like cultural and political people, they loath guns, skirmishes and hard core battles. Generals like Are fight wars, they are not politicians and diplomats.

If we can not follow our own historical path, we should leave this matter alone and let's not ridicule this wonderful Yoruba title.

1 Like

Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Afam4eva(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2012
Ekoile haa a point.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by wesley80(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2012
Eko Ile: I hope we are not misplacing our history and historical understanding. Aare-Ona kakanfo is a warrior, he's the generalissimo and many of the names listed are are yet to show their warrior attributes on NL. If you are not a fearless fighter and strong advocate by any means necessary on behalf of the Yoruba people, this position is not for you.

We have cultural and political leaders and many of the folks on the list sounds more like cultural and political people, they loath guns, skirmishes and hard core battles. Generals like Are fight wars, they are not politicians and diplomats.

If we can not follow our own historical path, we should leave this matter alone and let's not ridicule this wonderful Yoruba title.

Tell them, Tell them. Which kind aje butter warriors dem dey nominate when we have proven NL embedded Generals like you? Imagine the insult of honouring the likes of Jarus and Katz who neva get their hands dirty and always run away from battles when we have tenacious garbage pigs like u and your dedicated comrades? SMH. Bros, calm down let me see what I can do to help correct this grave injustice.

I hereby nominate Eko Ile and erm erm (which other disgusting fellow should accompany our General ) ok, Bluetooth! Apologies to the other members of the band of infamy, twas a very close choice!

1 Like

Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by lateef4me(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2012
Even if it's just for the fun of it,I believe we should be able to organize this election .I hereby nominate Gbawe and Katsumoto.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Torch1(m): 8:25am On Apr 11, 2012
I nominate Musiwa and Jarus!
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by bashr8: 8:29am On Apr 11, 2012
i nominate musiwa wink
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by kofoshi: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2012
Eko Ile: I hope we are not misplacing our history and historical understanding. Aare-Ona kakanfo is a warrior, he's the generalissimo and many of the names listed are are yet to show their warrior attributes on NL. If you are not a fearless fighter and strong advocate by any means necessary on behalf of the Yoruba people, this position is not for you.

In that case, Seanet (oko mi) or bluetooth.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by kofoshi: 8:43am On Apr 11, 2012
bashr8: i nominate musiwa wink

Nominations are only accepted from Yorubas and Yoruba lovers alone.

OP, all nominations by ibo bigots should be disqualified with immediate alacrity!

Otherwise, I will only see this nomination process as shambles!
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by kofoshi: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2012
lateef4me: Even if it's just for the fun of it,I believe we should be able to organize this election .I hereby nominate Gbawe and Katsumoto.

Yorubas only, pls!
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Demdem(m): 8:49am On Apr 11, 2012
kofoshi:

In that case, Seanet (oko mi) or bluetooth.

I concur. These guys are capable of taking the battle to the enemy. However, both avnt been constantly here of recent.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by beneli(m): 8:57am On Apr 11, 2012
I think that nominating Jarus, who is one of the moderators of this section, is not right. The position, if he were to be elected, may compromise his role as a moderator for obvious reasons.

Katsumoto, by his own submission, is not Yoruba. So one wonders how a non-Yoruba can be nominated as the Aare Ona Kakanfo of NL. If he is eligible, then Beaf should also be eligible!

Unless he has other ID’s that he uses to articulate his thoughts more coherently, Musiwa is too all over the place to be taken seriously.

When not engaging in his Igbo – Igbo drivel or coming up with irreverent titles for non-Yoruba elders, Dayokanu has occasionally shown some lucid moments of brilliance.

In the other thread, the only person who actually campaigned to be elected was Negro - Ntns.

So I nominate Negro-nts and Dayokanu.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Gbawe: 9:05am On Apr 11, 2012
lateef4me: Even if it's just for the fun of it,I believe we should be able to organize this election .I hereby nominate Gbawe and Katsumoto.

I generally always stay away from these sort of nonsense but I must step in here to prevent my name being dragged into this. Guys, I know some claim this is all a bit of fun, but let me kindly beg all Nairalanders to keep me out of this nonsense. It stands against what I believe in and what I think Nairaland should be.

I come here, as a Nigerian, to share and receive info. That is what most chat rooms were conceived to facilitate i.e the exchange of info. When we begin to elect so-called leaders , especially for ethnic groups, we inadvertently heighten division, suspicion and rancour. Add to that the fact we are eroding the essence of equal participation and, somewhat, freedom of speech with how we make a voices more authoritative and more important than others. Look at how the eze crap has gone to Onlytruths head. He now actually believes himself a leader because of some silly sectional and , no doubt, ethnocentric title on a Nigerian website !!!! The deluded chap actually sees himself a champion of Igbo cause against others in the 'warfare' zone of Nairaland !!! Someone should pour a bucket of cold water on him and tell him to get back to his job - if he has one.

If all of you do not know it, and even if you think this a joke, you are reacting to instinct of feudalism by wishing to have an ethnic overlord speak for you and herd you in a direction. What does any secure Nigerian need that for ? Can we all not just come here and talk? Is that not enough? Best poster is just about OK but I say no to an ethnic overlord. I would urge sensible Yoruba folks to stay away from this nonsense. Undoubtedly some will say it is tongue-in-cheek but we all know "many a true word are said in jest". Anyone comfortable with being a Nigerian , even in these days of ethnic unrest, and happy to use internet chat forums as intended will not be happy to come here and exalt any ethnic leader.

If you guys carry on with this nonsense, whoever emerges the whatever of Yorubaland does not speak for me or have any authority ahead of any other Yoruba person here. We are equal and should seek to keep it that way. We don't need any "tough Voltron" because we are not in battle with anyone. I would never have thought I would see a thread like this because I feel the Yorubas are a people who are very secure in themselves.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by wesley80(m): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2012
kofoshi:

Yorubas only, pls!

In that case, this thread should be moved to the Culture section.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by pcicero(m): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2012
@Gbawe
I quite agree with you.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by kofoshi: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2012
Gbawe:

I generally always stay away from these sort of nonsense but I must step in here to prevent my name being dragged into this. Guys, I know some claim this is all a bit of fun, but let me kindly beg all Nairalanders to keep me out of this nonsense. It stands against what I believe in and what I think Nairaland should be.

I come here, as a Nigerian, to share and receive info. That is what most chat rooms were conceived to facilitate i.e the exchange of info. When we begin to elect so-called leaders , especially for ethnic groups, we inadvertently heighten division, suspicion and rancour. Add to that the fact we are eroding the essence of equal participation and, somewhat, freedom of speech with how we make a voices more authoritative and more important than others. Look at how the eze crap has gone to Onlytruths head. He now actually believes himself a leader because of some silly sectional and , no doubt, ethnocentric title on a Nigerian website !!!! The deluded chap actually sees himself a champion of Igbo cause against others in the 'warfare' zone of Nairaland !!! Someone should pour a bucket of cold water on him and tell him to get back to his job - if he has one.

If all of you do not know it, and even if you think this a joke, you are reacting to instinct of feudalism by wishing to have an ethnic overlord speak for you and herd you in a direction. What does any secure Nigerian need that for ? Can we all not just come here and talk? Is that not enough? Best poster is just about OK but I say no to an ethnic overlord. I would urge sensible Yoruba folks to stay away from this nonsense. Undoubtedly some will say it is tongue-in-cheek but we all know "many a true word are said in jest". Anyone comfortable with being a Nigerian , even in these days of ethnic unrest, and happy to use internet chat forums as intended will not be happy to come here and exalt any ethnic leader.

If you guys carry on with this nonsense, whoever emerges the whatever of Yorubaland does not speak for me or have any authority ahead of any other Yoruba person here. We are equal and should seek to keep it that way. We don't need any "tough Voltron" because we are not in battle with anyone. I would never have thought I would see a thread like this because I feel the Yorubas are a people who are very secure in themselves.

I hereby heartily nominate Gbawe!
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by wesley80(m): 9:37am On Apr 11, 2012
Gbawe:

Hmmm, honourable I've got to say.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by T4taiwo(m): 9:48am On Apr 11, 2012
1 baba sala
2 aregbesola
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by 27naira(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2012
grin grin

Yaribas doing OWAMBE on nairaland. tongue

By the way, Dayokanu is a blawdy razcist. If una nominate am, we go carry placard.

Musiwa, hehe.. she dey do pashia for front page, but i reserve my comment. cheesy

My babe na Yoruba girl, so i am entitled to vote.

I nominate: Eko ile and Eko ile. wink
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by deshclones(m): 9:51am On Apr 11, 2012
wesley80:

Tell them, Tell them. Which kind aje butter warriors dem dey nominate when we have proven NL embedded Generals like you? Imagine the insult of honouring the likes of Jarus and Katz who neva get their hands dirty and always run away from battles when we have tenacious garbage pigs like u and your dedicated comrades? SMH. Bros, calm down let me see what I can do to help correct this grave injustice.

I hereby nominate Eko Ile and erm erm (which other disgusting fellow should accompany our General ) ok, Bluetooth! Apologies to the other members of the band of infamy, twas a very close choice!

lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by babaowo: 10:07am On Apr 11, 2012
Gbawe:

Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by babaowo: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2012
hope they will listen.
Re: Election Of The Aare Ona Kakanfo Leader Of NL Yorubas Declared NULL & VOID by Funkymallam(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2012
Where is seanate? He has been missing in action for sometime nw.
I hearby nominate Eko Ile and Dayokanu... Internet warriors cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Army Displays Shekau's Flag & Qu'ran Recovered By Troops In Sambisa / EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters / Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.