Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (12977 Views)

FG May Ban Importation Of Generators / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Outstrip(f): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
This is not really new. When I was in highschool in Nigeria my principal sent an Indian kid with a turban home. He never came back though his sister stayed on. It was a private school though so different rules may apply. This was probably in 1990. This is not a new thing at all
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by deols(f): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
ifihearam: Do student in private schools. Wear this hijab

So why must they wear it in government schools

When there is a uniform for all students.

yeah, some do.

There's a big difference btwn a private and a public school. The public school is run on state funds and every1 should have equal access to them.

A private school is governed by the principles of its founders. You go there with a choice.
Do people in public schools have what it takes to seek choice
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by deols(f): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
2buff: Meh. Now we can see their beautiful lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hair grin

But I just think they are pissed because now they actually have to wash their hair and dress it properly as opposed to just hiding it under hijab before grin

now we know why you want the ban. Who never knew Muslim girls are the most beautiful of all cheesy
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by amosy007: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2012
ziccoit:

Liar. The school uniform provides a peak of moral standard in term of outfit in the Christian world. Out of the uniform many of them are practically na.ked.

Muslims don't even want to begin where you end as that level is for the animals.

A Muslim is a Muslim. We version what we do according to the Quran and the Hadith. Read your Bible well, dressing is well explained. Stop selective implementation.
the same quaron and hadit that brainwash u people to start throwing bombs up and down!
Abeg i dnt wana be sentimental abt any religion ... What am guna say is if muslim can keep on using hijab to school and kept feelin that they are above d law (rules and regulation)
then other religions shud start doing the same
.. Hindu shud start dressing like monks to school,
christians should start wearing sutana, nuns, pope, jews cloths to school,
sango and ifa worshipers shud start wearing charm cloth to school.. Its as simple as that

get that straight into thick quoran skull

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by amosy007: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
tohirah: The reason why d child of an herbalist cant wear charms to sch is b'cos on a normal day,he goes abt in clothes without d charms all over him,so why go 2 sch with charms all over you??

The reason why a C & S child cant wear the white flowing gown to sch is b'cos he puts it off immediately he returns frm church and on normal days,he's on clothes but not d white gown,so why wear it ti sch??

The reason why a muslim can wear her hijab to sch is b'cos no matter d place or day(either friday or not),she is with her hijab cos its part of her dressing,either uniform or casual wears,so why should d sch be a place that she cant wear hijab??

So pls Mr Babatunde,let d sleeping dog lie!!!
kai see sentiment.. What about catholic nuns that wear their cloths to school in other countries?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by amosy007: 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
paris10: @all, common sense should solve this issue and not some myopic and opinionated mindset. Hijab should be worn, but at where? Ofcourse at Madarasatu and Islamic schools. The law allows you to practice any religion but such religion must still adhere to the law (constitution) of such country. Nigeria is ruled by constitution and not by sharia law.

It is ignorance and overly-religious act that still makes people think they can overrule the constitution of Nigeria with their religious belief. And it is preposterous and capital murder to even think of retaliation or fight back from the Muslim world when this law is passed.

France have banned the use of hijab at schools and government buildings. For Nigeria to be better, religion such as Islam must be tamed. They are spiralling out of hand. They should be told that the peace they claim to be their motto is not their friend at all. If you claim to be peaceful, you should be tolerant and obey rules.

gbam.. Do u like edo girls? I wan give u my mum to marry coz i like ur coment hehehehe
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by dapo338(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
Why should he?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by nedra: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
Its a pity dat d whole world is lackin peace becos of this thing called islam. Dis forceful religion has claimed d lives of many and even till dis day. D govt has evry rite to set d standard of dress code for public institutions. But an average muslim who is naturally violent by way of their quaran will wish for war even on dis.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by greall1: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
Fashola Can you focus & do the remaining years you have left & carry ur walla go. Why u always oppose muslim that's exactly u did demolish big mosque @ alausa. & start saying rubbish.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by greall1: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
Fashola Can you focus & do the remaining years you have left & carry ur walla go. Why u always oppose muslim that's exactly u did demolish big mosque @ alausa. & start talkin rubbish.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
The other day fashola/present IG asked women not to dress lewd,people were screaming that government has no right to regulate or decide code of dressing for people.however,the same hypocrites that screamed then now want muslims to stop wearing hijab,there is something wrong with some people here.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by KDULAR: 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
And if they don't have their way, in the normal fashion, "Allah akbar" then violence, then bombings then people will die and some will become Matyrs and Nigeria will become whatever. Then we 'll start having the Jos situation but they don't care because they know they are going to "al jana". Truly I wonder if present day Yoruba Muslims are anything but Yorubas , if they are not different from the Boko Harams and the Al majiris . I wonder if they truly even follow the Islam or they are just out there for trouble? The proud Muslims are no more there but the aggressive, selfish, emotional, low esteemed, wanna be's. Who cannot differentiate between Government and personal life and want to at alll cost look like the Northerners (pssss!).
Did the Prophet (SAW) preach or encourage that, I guess not. Why am I not wearing religious apparrel to my office? why am I not dressing my child like Ifa told me to or as the Sango deity or the christianity told me/

I am even so shocked to see someone claiming that what is being currently worn now is Christian uniform!!! . What qualifies a western form of dressing religious? So the pakistanis or that puts on a suit with the turban or cap on is a christian or President Ahmedinajab is now a Christian or any of those muslim arabs or persians? I think Yorubas, we are loosing it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by saydfact(m): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
my peoples...... CAN WE FIGHT FOR GOD OR AGAINST HIM.... I rest my case
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Okijajuju1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
nedra: Its a pity dat d whole world is lackin peace becos of this thing called islam. Dis forceful religion has claimed d lives of many and even till dis day. D govt has evry rite to set d standard of dress code for public institutions. But an average muslim who is naturally violent by way of their quaran will wish for war even on dis.

Islam is a religion of peace.

Christianity is a religion of love.

Both religions have killed more people than any war or atomic bomb.

I find the tone of you text very disrespecting of Islam and I think you need to apologise as it is obvious you do not know what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by b0dnel: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
nedra: Its a pity dat d whole world is lackin peace becos of this thing called islam. Dis forceful religion has claimed d lives of many and even till dis day. D govt has evry rite to set d standard of dress code for public institutions. But an average muslim who is naturally violent by way of their quaran will wish for war even on dis.

hehehehe....trye talk
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

Islam is a religion of peace.

Christianity is a religion of love.

Both religions have killed more people than any war or atomic bomb.

I find the tone of you text very disrespecting of Islam and I think you need to apologise as it is obvious you do not know what you are talking about.

who isnt proud of democracy where you can talk as you like ? grin
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by amosy007: 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
deols:

the way you talk borders on your upbringing. I wouldnt trade insults with you.
Nigerians have a right to practice their beliefs without any form of fear whatsoever in their motherland. If you'r not okay with that, you can move to Jerusalem.

Who designed the school uniform you were talking about. I propose a review on school uniforms that would allow each individual dress in the most comfortable way to them. Now, this is democracy.

so "shut up" is now an insult...
By the way who design school uniform?
The western world that brought about western education doesnt teach religion? They teach physics,chemistry etc ... If u want to study quoran their are institutions that does that which u can easily enrol ur kid too if u have problem with secular state... Afteral western education is not compusory... Almajiri school is their.. There are islamic schools that will suit u and ur mode of dressing out there and it shudnt have to be public school!... Why is it that islam will always want to impose their way of life on public... There is arabic inscription on naira in secular state and english as a general language, ibb smuggle nigeria into OIC as if nigeria belong to d muslims, lamido forced islamic bank on us.. Boko haram will stop kilin Christians... Why why why?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by StarFlux: 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2012
deols:

and u arent judging? Very hypocritical
na wa ooo. do you see anything in my post aiming at individuals or muslims in general? no be small thing arguing with people that cant read without bias. water don pass garri, whether you agree or not.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Kolababa: 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2012
People should not cast aspersion on any religion because of hatred. For somebody to say Islam has destroyed Nigeria is not fair. It shows the level of intellectual bankrupcy of the writer.
Our inability to respect the tradition and practice of other religion is what is causing disharmony in our society now. I have fought for Christian rights in many occassions despite being a Muslim. I dont know how wearing of Hijab is affecting the Christians. I have seen people preaching in the bus many times and i have not come across a Muslim stopping them from preaching because they are exercising their right. But yesterday, a Muslim sister was preaching in a bus and to my suprise, a Christian shouted her down that she was disturbing him. This is religious intolerance.
Religious intolerance is the main cause of religious violence in Nigeria.
PLEASE WE SHOULD TRY TO TOLERATE OTHER PEOPLEL'S FAITH.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Akpan107(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
la furia: Hw does wearing hijab affects the performance of d skul or d teachers. As far this matter is corncerned it is not for the christian to comment becos their opinion is not needed sine the subject matter is of no value to them. Fashola shld just be careful, give me one reason y he shld ban hijab in public skuls wen that has being d norm 4 long time with no form of harrasment or discrimination. Y does he want to want to get himself into trivail issue as far as the work of d govt is concerned. There are skuls in north where d muslims wear hijabs and the christians don't and not for once are d christians force to wear hijab. Since it is public skul, student shld be allowed to pratice their religion. Will wait and see wat fashola has to say.
You got it all wrong... I know of a school in Kano, where Christians must put on Hijab.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by StarFlux: 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
Kolababa: People should not cast aspersion on any religion because of hatred. For somebody to say Islam has destroyed Nigeria is not fair. It shows the level of intellectual bankrupcy of the writer.
Our inability to respect the tradition and practice of other religion is what is causing disharmony in our society now. I have fought for Christian rights in many occassions despite being a Muslim. I dont know how wearing of Hijab is affecting the Christians. I have seen people preaching in the bus many times and i have not come across a Muslim stopping them from preaching because they are exercising their right. But yesterday, a Muslim sister was preaching in a bus and to my suprise, a Christian shouted her down that she was disturbing him. This is religious intolerance.
Religious intolerance is the main cause of religious violence in Nigeria.
PLEASE WE SHOULD TRY TO TOLERATE OTHER PEOPLEL'S FAITH.
indeed we should tolerate eachother.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by mau1: 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
There are private schools that allows wearing of hijab. I don't see any harm in wearing hijab in schools. It doesn't signify anything. And we all know this BH issue is political. So why are we instigating Islam.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by deols(f): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
KDULAR: And if they don't have their way, in the normal fashion, "Allah akbar" then violence, then bombings then people will die and some will become Matyrs and Nigeria will become whatever. Then we 'll start having the Jos situation but they don't care because they know they are going to "al jana". Truly I wonder if present day Yoruba Muslims are anything but Yorubas , if they are not different from the Boko Harams and the Al majiris . I wonder if they truly even follow the Islam or they are just out there for trouble? The proud Muslims are no more there but the aggressive, selfish, emotional, low esteemed, wanna be's. Who cannot differentiate between Government and personal life and want to at alll cost look like the Northerners (pssss!).
Did the Prophet (SAW) preach or encourage that, I guess not. Why am I not wearing religious apparrel to my office? why am I not dressing my child like Ifa told me to or as the Sango deity or the christianity told me/

I am even so shocked to see someone claiming that what is being currently worn now is Christian uniform!!! . What qualifies a western form of dressing religious? So the pakistanis or that puts on a suit with the turban or cap on is a christian or President Ahmedinajab is now a Christian or any of those muslim arabs or persians? I think Yorubas, we are loosing it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

obviously, you didnt get the point. That form of dressing was designed by who? Muslims? Christians?. It doesnt affect who?
Who doesnt mind dressing that way. In the long run, it favors certain people and not the others
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by amosy007: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2012
ziccoit:

If your assertion was true, you people wouldn't have turned every available space to a church.
yes it only affirm it that christians can worship anywhere! Be it house, school, hotel, bush or anywhere even moses built temple on dirt.. Dey dnt have to build the Church where moon and star shines brightest like muslims...
if they destroy all churches today it wnt reduce d number of christians,
christians are being hunted and killed all over north
people didnt go to church on christmas and easter... Does that reduce number of christians or the way they worship?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by AZeD1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
deols:

yeah, some do.

There's a big difference btwn a private and a public school. The public school is run on state funds and every1 should have equal access to them.

A private school is governed by the principles of its founders. You go there with a choice.
Do people in public schools have what it takes to seek choice
Public schools are run on public funds not religious funds.
Nigeria will never move forward until we separate religion fom state. Everything religious should be banned from public places(prayers, reading of bible/quran, preaching).
If you want your child to be religious send him to a religious.
If the state is secular public places should be secular/
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by deols(f): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
amosy007:

The western world that brought about western education doesnt teach religion? They teach physics,chemistry etc ... If u want to study quoran their are institutions that does that which u can easily enrol ur kid too if u have problem with secular state... Afteral western education is not compusory... Almajiri school is their.. There are islamic schools that will suit u and ur mode of dressing out there and it shudnt have to be public school!... Why is it that islam will always want to impose their way of life on public... There is arabic inscription on naira in secular state and english as a general language, ibb smuggle nigeria into OIC as if nigeria belong to d muslims, lamido forced islamic bank on us.. Boko haram will stop kilin Christians... Why why why?
you are so emotional and is The reason u arent objective. Face the discussion rather than bringing IBb nd others to it. And This discussion isnt about learning Qur'an in public schools

My question to you is, how does an hijab wearing primary or secondary school pupil affect you or anyone else.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by deols(f): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
amosy007:

you are so emotional and is The reason u arent objective. Face the discussion rather than bringing IBb nd others to it. And This discussion isnt about learning Qur'an in public schools

My question to you is, how does an hijab wearing primary or secondary school pupil affect you or anyone else.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
A-ZeD:

Public schools are run on public funds not religious funds.
Nigeria will never move forward until we separate religion fom state. Everything religious should be banned from public places(prayers, reading of bible/quran, preaching).
If you want your child to be religious send him to a religious.
If the state is secular public places should be secular/

Where did secularism translate to people being anti-religious ? Show me one country in the world that claims to be secular and doesnt have religious institutions ? Even france that started secularism in europe isnt spared so there is no how you can totally seperate religion from the state.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by AZeD1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Where did secularism translate to people being anti-religious ? Show me one country in the world that claims to be secular and doesnt have religious institutions ? Even france that started secularism in europe isnt spared so there is no how you can totally seperate religion from the state.
Who said anything about being anti-religious? If you want to pray aloud, go to a church or mosque or shrine that way you'll never disturb anybody from another religion.
Will you allow an Ifa worshipper lead prayer in a public school your child attends?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by jify(f): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
for me, i think Fashola should just leave them to wear the hijab, cos i am tired of all the wars going on in this country, all in the name of religion. everything about this country now is muslim vs christian
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by KDULAR: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
Who does it now favour and who's disadvantaged ?
The truth here is both you Muslims and christians when you start bringing your religion into common living and Government, the society becomes degraded as we see now. Schoools for God sake are for now Government owned save the private ones. Then if you want to go govt schools , then they should adhere to governments dictates. Small time we'll start to looking for Muslim/Christians Doctors to treat people in respective religions. Or a muslim Doctor will start saying Aram for seeing the unclothedness of a non relative patient. Haba J'ama!

Some things are just NEEDLESS just depicts one or a group or groups of people as having superiority complex. Why is everything is done in such a way to show that Islam is in competition? Must it always be like that ?

My own take sha is remove religion sentiments and even ethnic sentiments from Government's business in Nigeria and see if Jesus Christ (SAW) and Prophet Mohammed (SAW) will not like being a Nigerian and prescribe our own clothings culture and language for the whole world.

deols:

obviously, you didnt get the point. That form of dressing was designed by who? Muslims? Christians?. It doesnt affect who?
Who doesnt mind dressing that way. In the long run, it favors certain people and not the others
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by AZeD1(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
KDULAR: Who does it now favour and who's disadvantaged ?
The truth here is both you Muslims and christians when you start bringing your religion into common living and Government, the society becomes degraded as we see now. Schoools for God sake are for now Government owned save the private ones. Then if you want to go govt schools , then they should adhere to governments dictates. Small time we'll start to looking for Muslim/Christians Doctors to treat people in respective religions. Or a muslim Doctor will start saying Aram for seeing the unclothedness of a non relative patient. Haba J'ama!

Some things are just NEEDLESS just depicts one or a group or groups of people as having superiority complex. Why is everything is done in such a way to show that Islam is in competition? Must it always be like that ?

My own take sha is remove religion sentiments and even ethnic sentiments from Government's business in Nigeria and see if Jesus Christ (SAW) and Prophet Mohammed (SAW) will not like being a Nigerian and prescribe our own clothings culture and language for the whole world.
You be correct person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State / NNPC Appoints Garba-Deen Mohammed As Spokesperson / Arewa Youth Forum Blames Buhari, APC For Escalating Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.