Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (12978 Views)

FG May Ban Importation Of Generators / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by naijaforlife: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2012
While I do not subscribe to religious sentiments, the timing of some decisions by our government officials often expose their weaknesses.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by KDULAR: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2012
All devotees have the right to their religious wetin wetin. But i want to ask , do we have women in primary and secondary schools?
ivoice247:

Islam is our way of life. As a muslim, islam has taught us how to dress, eat, sleep, drink, fight, bath, how to perform marriages, naming ceremonies etc etc even sef, islam has taught us how to have sex with our partners in bed. So why should we listen to a mere common governor who doesn't know his position with GOD almighty, rather we'll obey our lord and submit to our religion which maintains that all girls that have reached the age of puberty and all women that have not yet reached menopause must wear a hijab when in public or when in the presence of men who are not part of their family.

Allah states in the quran Ch2 v208:-

O you who believe! enter perfectly in islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.

Also in the quran Ch24 v31:-

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze , and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna, and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women , or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by haruna1970(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2012
WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS ABOUT? THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE ISLAM AND MUSLIMS ARE THE CORE PROBLEMS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY, AND VICE-VERSA. WHY POINT ACCUSING FINGERS AT EACH OTHERS? WE HAVE MULTITUDES OF GLOBAL RELIGIONS. NEVER HEARD OF THEIR CONFLICTS. I BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT JUST BAN HIJAB, THAT IS TRIVIAL. THEY SHOULD JUST,IF NOT BANNED,AT LEAST REDUCED ALL RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES FROM THE PUBLIC. MY ANCESTORS LIVED WITHOUT THIS PROBLEMS. WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT TOO. THANKS.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
Outstrip: This is not really new. When I was in highschool in Nigeria my principal sent an Indian kid with a turban home. He never came back though his sister stayed on. It was a private school though so different rules may apply. This was probably in 1990. This is not a new thing at all

Yep it was a private school. We, muslims don't have qualms with private schooling dictating how they wanna run their school. But a public school run on muslim & christian tax payers money, then that's a whole different ball game
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ziccoit: 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
KDULAR: Qouestion, so the "christian God is not your God , are you really a muslim?

Your God is a messenger of my God which I regarded as a prophet. Is Jesus not the God of Christians?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by KDULAR: 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
I guess if we have more people like this in Nigeria, and realise the place of religion in governance then . Nigeria will be better of. A king in the old traditional society is hardly an adherent of any deity but is father to all. however will jot bring the issues of the Sango worshipper or Akoogun into governance , those are seperate. If we remove reliogion from our Governance , the society will be better. Ypu want to have a bhudist dressing at all times, then Find a bhuddist school, bank, hospital, roads, aircracfts, airports, university, cinema, supermarket,at your own expense. Same goes for other religions. HAba kilode
haruna1970:
WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS ABOUT? THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE ISLAM AND MUSLIMS ARE THE CORE PROBLEMS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY, AND VICE-VERSA. WHY POINT ACCUSING FINGERS AT EACH OTHERS? WE HAVE MULTITUDES OF GLOBAL RELIGIONS. NEVER HEARD OF THEIR CONFLICTS. I BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT JUST BAN HIJAB, THAT IS TRIVIAL. THEY SHOULD JUST,IF NOT BANNED,AT LEAST REDUCED ALL RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES FROM THE PUBLIC. MY ANCESTORS LIVED WITHOUT THIS PROBLEMS. WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT TOO. THANKS.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by haruna1970(m): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2012
amosy007:

if boko haram is political.. Then imam shekau must be a pastor from opposition party...
Alqueda prophet osama bin latrin (piss be on to him) must be a pope fyting p0rn0graphy industry in usa allah is akibaru they chant before they kill must be jews national anthem... Why do we always allow sentiment to cloud our sense of judgement

STOP INSTIGATING ONE RELIGION AGAINST ANOTHER. ALL RELIGION HAS ITS PROS AND CONS. YOU ARE AN AFRICAN FIRST BEFORE ANY RELIGION. YOU ARE BORN INTO YOUR RELIGION BECAUSE YOU CAME THROUGH THAT FAMILY. YOU ARE CHRISTIAN BECAUSE YOU ARE BORN INTO CHRISTIAN FAMILY. LIKEWISE YOU ARE MUSLIM BECAUSE YOU ARE BORN INTO MUSLIM FAMILY. SO BLAME GOD !
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
ivoice247:

Islam is our way of life. As a muslim, islam has taught us how to dress, eat, sleep, drink, fight, bath, how to perform marriages, naming ceremonies etc etc even sef, islam has taught us how to have sex with our partners in bed. So why should we listen to a mere common governor who doesn't know his position with GOD almighty, rather we'll obey our lord and submit to our religion which maintains that all girls that have reached the age of puberty and all women that have not yet reached menopause must wear a hijab when in public or when in the presence of men who are not part of their family.

Allah states in the quran Ch2 v208:-

O you who believe! enter perfectly in islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.

Also in the quran Ch24 v31:-

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze , and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna, and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women , or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

Islam is not a way of life, It is total submission to the will of Allah. This means there are no discretions when muslims are making decisions. They must abide and follow the Quran to the letter, and we all know what the Quran says about non-muslims.

I think Muslims are the most intolerable people on the planet. Call any of their prophets names, Jihad is what you get. They always feel oppressed. Christian don't care what name you call Jesus or any other apostles. "Revenge is mine" says God. Why wouldn't these lots allow Allah to judge for them? I know, it's called
ignorance and religion aggressiveness.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by aurenflani: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
Going by d response of some ppl here i will suggest that all religious symbols dresses and practices should be abolished in lagos public schools. If u want ur wards ro learn their religious teachings you send them to madrassa or sunday sch. i am telling u d first culprits will be these fanatical christians who are eternally hunting for (souls) for "Christ".

Fashola we know ur wife is a christian and we don't care. We also know you were indirectly harrassed for u being a Muslim like many others of ur types but what baffles us is ur level of inferiority complex. If only u have some measure of Loyalty to Allah all this thing will not be happening. Just remember who Allah is for d sake of ur soul.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ziccoit: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
haruna1970:

STOP INSTIGATING ONE RELIGION AGAINST ANOTHER. ALL RELIGION HAS ITS PROS AND CONS. YOU ARE AN AFRICAN FIRST BEFORE ANY RELIGION. YOU ARE BORN INTO YOUR RELIGION BECAUSE YOU CAME THROUGH THAT FAMILY. YOU ARE CHRISTIAN BECAUSE YOU ARE BORN INTO CHRISTIAN FAMILY. LIKEWISE YOU ARE MUSLIM BECAUSE YOU ARE BORN INTO MUSLIM FAMILY. SO BLAME GOD !

No, he will blame his parent for not seeing the truth and his parents will blame him for not understanding the truth from his environment which harbors abundant of God signs.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
tunnytox: There's nothing wrong to wear hijab to school or even work as long as its not a burka that covers the whole face, people should be free to dress according to their religious believes we're not in a nanny state.

Thank you jare... even if they wear burqa sef there's nothing wrong with it. So long the students and teachers can identify the girl wearing it and she's not disturbing any of her classmates with it.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
Enough of this religion bashing though. Conclusion: If the banning is imposed, and Muslims feel aggrieved, let them take their wards (children) out of those public schools affected by the new rules and enrol them at Islamic schools. Government have no control over Madarasatu's and Islamic schools.

I still think hijab should also be banned in government or private companies. NTA is a shamble for allowing hijab to be worn on national (sometimes intl) tv. Banks should stop hiring people with hijab. No sentiment should be allowed when portraying the image of Nigeria.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by almusby: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
naija ooo smiley
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by rezzy: 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
la furia: Hw does wearing hijab affects the performance of d skul or d teachers. As far this matter is corncerned it is not for the christian to comment becos their opinion is not needed sine the subject matter is of no value to them. Fashola shld just be careful, give me one reason y he shld ban hijab in public skuls wen that has being d norm 4 long time with no form of harrasment or discrimination. Y does he want to want to get himself into trivail issue as far as the work of d govt is concerned. There are skuls in north where d muslims wear hijabs and the christians don't and not for once are d christians force to wear hijab. Since it is public skul, student shld be allowed to pratice their religion. Will wait and see wat fashola has to say.
In some government schools in Sokoto, christians are not allowed except they put on hijab. Even in d village i served in Kano. Though, for me, i dnt see anything wrong in putting on hijab to school.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
aurenflani: Going by d response of some ppl here i will suggest that all religious symbols dresses and practices should be abolished in lagos public schools. If u want ur wards ro learn their religious teachings you send them to madrassa or sunday sch. i am telling u d first culprits will be these fanatical christians who are eternally hunting for (souls) for "Christ".

Fashola we know ur wife is a christian and we don't care. We also know you were indirectly harrassed for u being a Muslim like many others of ur types but what baffles us is ur level of inferiority complex. If only u have some measure of Loyalty to Allah all this thing will not be happening. Just remember who Allah is for d sake of ur soul.

Thank you jare for reminding Mr Fashola of his duties to Allah, And Allah states in the glorious quran ch20 v124:-

"But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Qur'an nor acts on its teachings.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection."
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
ivoice247:

Thank you jare... even if they wear burqa sef there's nothing wrong with it. So long the students and teachers can identify the girl wearing it and she's not disturbing any of her classmates with it.

Religion is a monster, it turns you into a masquerade and later eat up all your psyches and intellect. God saw everything He created that they were beautiful. Who are we then as human to hide such glory and beauty for the sake of some selfish, ignorant, possessed, low self-esteem, apprehensive and deluded scholars calling themselves muslim brothers and Sheiks.

It was ignorance that first started the whole hijab and burqqa thing. Muslim women are like slaves to their husbands. While they seat and care for the children, their husbands goes about town enjoying other women. Now that these women are now seeing the light it has become increasingly difficult to change that tradition. Hijab or Burqa has nothing to do with serving Allah, but it has alot to do with serving men.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
rezzy:
In some government schools in Sokoto, christians are not allowed except they put on hijab. Even in d village i served in Kano. Though, for me, i dnt see anything wrong in putting on hijab to school.

Dear rezzy, i disagree with you. What you noticed is a peer pressure thing and was not forced by the govt schools; Most of the people in those remote villages are mostly muslims (96%), therefore, the non-muslim pupils prefer to wear the hijab to school so as not look out of place and not that it was forced on them. Just like in lagos, where many muslim pupils prefer not to wear their hijab to school so as not to look out of place. In fact, islam cannot force a muslim pupil to wear hijab talkless of forcing a christian to do so. As allah states in the glorious quran ch2 v256;-

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by GboyegaD(m): 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is it compulsory they attend public schools? If they cannot see themselves in same light as other students then they should establish their own schools.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by KDULAR: 6:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is that what the Al-Qoaran says about Christianity ?
ziccoit:

Your God is a messenger of my God which I regarded as a prophet. Is Jesus not the God of Christians?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
paris10:

Religion is a monster, it turns you into a masquerade and later eat up all your psyches and intellect. God saw everything He created that they were beautiful. Who are we then as human to hide such glory and beauty for the sake of some selfish, ignorant, possessed, low self-esteem, apprehensive and deluded scholars calling themselves muslim brothers and Sheiks.

It was ignorance that first started the whole hijab and burqqa thing. Muslim women are like slaves to their husbands. While they seat and care for the children, their husbands goes about town enjoying other women. Now that these women are now seeing the light it has become increasingly difficult to change that tradition. Hijab or Burqa has nothing to do with serving Allah, but it has alot to do with serving men.

Truly hijab and the veil (burqa) has plenty to do in islam. Hijab is compulsory, while veil (burqa) or niqab is voluntary. I agree that Allah created beautiful things including all women made beautiful and precious but like everything that is precious we must protect them; Just like how we keep our beautiful and precious jewels in safe boxes, money in our wallets, valuables in bank vaults, even sef natures hides all its beautiful things just like gold and diamonds in the earth's crust, garden of eden in heaven, pearls in the ocean sand etc etc. A woman's beauty is not just her bossoms, private parts, thighs, buttocks grin etc which christians only cover, but in islam a woman is a total embodiment of beauty including her hair, face, legs, etc which must be covered.

And allah states in the glorious quran ch24 v31;-

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze , and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent , and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women , or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

Allah also states in the quran ch33 v59;-

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2012
GboyegaD: Is it compulsory they attend public schools? If they cannot see themselves in same light as other students then they should establish their own schools.

@Gboyega.. Yes, it's compulsory they attend public schools because they can't afford private schools. By the way, public schools are run by nigerian tax payers money which are paid by both muslims and christians
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
StarFlux: why o? islam has caused so many conflicts. i do not hate anyone, but islam cant be allowed to win

I'm sorry bro, but allah's party(islam) will win. It's ordained by Allah(GOD) Himself and no one can do anything about it. Allah states in the quran ch58 v22;-

You will not find any people who believe in allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who "HATE" allah and His Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh (true guidance) from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow to dwell therein. allah is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the party of allah. Verily, it is the party of allah that will be the successful.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Kingharzyz(m): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
Dont know what this religion has done to deserve all this beef. Christians are beefing b'cos there religion doesnt have principles and guidelines. Its just a religion formulated after someone death. Do you want muslim children to start dressing half naked and take liquor in the class room as christian childrens are doing in schools?. NO ISLAM NO PARADISE. #gbabe#
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2012
To all my muslim sisters attending public schools wearing the hijab. Don't be afraid, Allah knows your desires and knows your faith, and allah will never reduce your reward if you're prevented from wearing the hijab for allah knows the secrets of the souls. Here's a few quotes for muslim men and women from the hadith and quran to help you lighten your burden;-

Quran ch33 v35;-

Verily, the Muslims men and women, the believers men and women , the men and the women who are obedient , the men and women who are truthful, the men and the women who are patient, the men and the women who are humble, the men and the women who give Sadaqat, the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).

Quran ch2 v25;-

And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun and they will abide therein forever.

Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.” [Sahîh Muslim (1/130)]

Abd Allah b. `Amr b. al-`As relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him), said one day when the Companions were with him: “Blessed are the strangers.” He was then asked: “Who are the strangers, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied: “They are righteous people among many evil people who disobey them more than they obey them.” [Musnad Ahmad (2/177 & 2/222) and Ibn al-Mubârak, Kitâb al-Zuhd (#775 p. 267)]

`Amr b. `Awf relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “The religion will shrink back to the Hijâz like the snake shrinks back into its hole. It will cling to the Hijâz like the mountain goat clings to the mountaintop. The religion began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers who restore what the people corrupt of my Sunnah.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (#2630)]
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by tohirah(f): 8:33pm On Apr 13, 2012
KDULAR: Qouestion, so the "christian God is not your God , are you really a muslim?
did I miss something?when did you start calling Allah your God,cos that who we call God
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by AZeD1(m): 8:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
ivoice247: To all my muslim sisters attending public schools wearing the hijab. Don't be afraid, Allah knows your desires and knows your faith, and allah will never reduce your reward if you're prevented from wearing the hijab for allah knows the secrets of the souls. Here's a few quotes for muslim men and women from the hadith and quran to help you lighten your burden;-
If you go to a public primary school and you see the headmaster dressed up like an ifa worshipper what will you do?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Mynd44: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
A-ZeD:

If you go to a public primary school and you see the headmaster dressed up like an ifa worshipper what will you do?
I know they will be the first to scream that their children are being taught Idolatry
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ivoice247: 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
A-ZeD:

No problem, so long the headmaster does not impact his ifa beliefs on the muslim pupils. Neither do muslims have any problem where the principal or headmistress dresses like a nun or a priest so long they don't force the muslim pupils to dress like such. This is the same thing we want public schools to inculcate; you people to your religion and we to ours. As allah states in the glorious quran ch2 v256;-

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by IYANGBALI: 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
it is called school uniform and their dressing must be the same,so religion and the fokin hijab or whatever they call it should be left out of it. If anybody wants to wear hijab they should go to their islamic schools. MUST WE BRING RELIGION INTO EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY?I TIRE FOR THIS MUSLIM PEOPLE AND THEIR WAHALA. The same hijab wey some of them dey spread for ground for guys to fok them,arant nonsense.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Almustee(m): 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
Most of those yorubas they are muslims when they r poor, but imediately they become reach reach they forget God. Hw can a muslim who believes he will 1day account for his deeds b4 God ban HIJAB bcus God tested him with power? But let him try it, i think he does'nt want peace 4 lagos any more!
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 2:56am On Apr 14, 2012
ivoice247: To all my muslim sisters attending public schools wearing the hijab. Don't be afraid, Allah knows your desires and knows your faith, and allah will never reduce your reward if you're prevented from wearing the hijab for allah knows the secrets of the souls. Here's a few quotes for muslim men and women from the hadith and quran to help you lighten your burden;-

Quran ch33 v35;-

Verily, the Muslims men and women, the believers men and women , the men and the women who are obedient , the men and women who are truthful, the men and the women who are patient, the men and the women who are humble, the men and the women who give Sadaqat, the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).

Quran ch2 v25;-

And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun and they will abide therein forever.

Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.” [Sahîh Muslim (1/130)]

Abd Allah b. `Amr b. al-`As relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him), said one day when the Companions were with him: “Blessed are the strangers.” He was then asked: “Who are the strangers, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied: “They are righteous people among many evil people who disobey them more than they obey them.” [Musnad Ahmad (2/177 & 2/222) and Ibn al-Mubârak, Kitâb al-Zuhd (#775 p. 267)]

`Amr b. `Awf relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “The religion will shrink back to the Hijâz like the snake shrinks back into its hole. It will cling to the Hijâz like the mountain goat clings to the mountaintop. The religion began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers who restore what the people corrupt of my Sunnah.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî (#2630)]

This is exactly what terrorists say when they are about to kill hundreds of innocent victims. What reward could you possibly get when you disobey the law of the land?

A country that fails to control and tame ignorant Islamic fanatics like many on this forum is a danger to itself. Yoruba muslims are followers of this so-called religion and have no idea what it really takes to be a muslim. Yoruba muslims are cowards, they can't kill Kafir(non-believers) as commanded by the quran,yet they talk the biggest.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by lanre80(m): 5:49am On Apr 14, 2012
@ivoice247 & d rest. Fashola is a visionary leader who see ahead. I was born in kaduna to muslim family.My nysc in zamfara,i've lived in sokoto n kano n now Lag. Some public schs there force girls 2 wear hijab regardless of ur religion. U see b4 now it wasnt like dat, now wen religious activities are not controlled in public life, people take it to d extreme which brought north 2 where they re 2day. Religion must b seperated frm governance 2 move forward.This is d major problem killing nothern nig

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chibok Girls : We Are Not Against Third Party Dialogue – Jonathan / Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria-waec. / Imo APC Demands Okorocha's Suspension Over Anti-Party Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.