Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (12991 Views)

FG May Ban Importation Of Generators / World Leaders May Ban Jonathan From G8 Summit / Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 14, 2012
sadyeek: This can't be true, why is it that you people deliberately look for the trouble of Muslims and at the end when they retaliate you call Muslims all sorth of names. Islam is a way of life, it's life it's self. You can't be a muslim and not have Islam in your life. They go hand in hand.

if you cannot obey the law then stay away from public schools!!!

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Jomiliny(m): 6:37am On Apr 14, 2012
I banning the HIJAB is a good idea coming from this wonderful man.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by maclatunji: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2012
^Except that there is no Hijab to ban. I attended a public secondary school which was taken over from Muslim missionaries and controlled at the time by the Lagos State Government (90s). Now, my female school mates that used Hijab had to take it off at the gate and were left with only berets (Despite the fact that the school's administration was dominated by Muslims). The only place the girl's were allowed to use Hijab was in the mosque. Some Muslim parents complained and they were told that the school belongs to the government and it does not allow Hijab.

So, I don't see the point of this debate because the rule exists already (even if I don't support it). Unless, this is just a smokescreen for something else.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by zangality(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2012
amosy007:

so "shut up" is now an insult...
By the way who design school uniform?
The western world that brought about western education doesnt teach religion? They teach physics,chemistry etc ... If u want to study quoran their are institutions that does that which u can easily enrol ur kid too if u have problem with secular state... Afteral western education is not compusory... Almajiri school is their.. There are islamic schools that will suit u and ur mode of dressing out there and it shudnt have to be public school!... Why is it that islam will always want to impose their way of life on public... There is arabic inscription on naira in secular state and english as a general language, ibb smuggle nigeria into OIC as if nigeria belong to d muslims, lamido forced islamic bank on us.. Boko haram will stop kilin Christians... Why why why?
If Ȋ̝̊ may ask,were U̶̲̥̅̊ being forced to use anything Islamic?People like U̶̲̥̅̊ are the main problem we have i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this country,where is ųŕ religious tolerance if U̶̲̥̅̊ have any?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by GboyegaD(m): 7:55am On Apr 14, 2012
ivoice247:

Thank you jare... even if they wear burqa sef there's nothing wrong with it. So long the students and teachers can identify the girl wearing it and she's not disturbing any of her classmates with it.

Is education compulsory? There was a time one of your people in burqa was a male impersonating a student in Ife and because of that they had to stop the idea. If you cannot use hijab, then stay back at home and that I reason with because it is an higher institution. But in the case of secondary school, there is no law stating you cannot establish schools as such, take them to your schools.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by zangality(m): 7:57am On Apr 14, 2012
IYA NGBALI: it is called school uniform and their dressing must be the same,so religion and the fokin hijab or whatever they call it should be left out of it. If anybody wants to wear hijab they should go to their islamic schools. MUST WE BRING RELIGION INTO EVERYTHING IN THIS COUNTRY?I TIRE FOR THIS MUSLIM PEOPLE AND THEIR WAHALA. The same hijab wey some of them dey spread for ground for guys to fok them,arant nonsense.
Does foking after church night vigil debunk the fact that it get peoples prayers answered.Don't use one to judge all...
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by zangality(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2012
GboyegaD:

Is education compulsory? There was a time one of your people in burqa was a male impersonating a student in Ife and because of that they had to stop the idea. If you cannot use hijab, then stay back at home and that I reason with because it is an higher institution. But in the case of secondary school, there is no law stating you cannot establish schools as such, take them to your schools.
It's called public school so it belong to all of us...
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by kumbalo(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2012
islam has destroyed the north and is destroying the development in the country. the Governor is just being cautious. as for those of you crying foul, make una go hug transformer. and if u chose to go to war like some idiot and myopic sighted individuals have threatened, SHALL WE BEGIN? Thank you FASHOLA!
grin
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by sapien(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2012
Islam and Violence,they go hand in hand!A religion of pi-ss indeed!
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2012
toba:

This shows that some Muslims are devilish. what has retaliation got to do with a law?
what are u saying if muslim women that wish to wear hijab are banned from doing so,thats pathetic!..if the muslims voice there displeasure and the government doesnt listen ofcos they are going to protest!..even in britain muslim females wear niqab!..and if u knw what niqab is....
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 14, 2012
I can see how quick the christian folks are supporting this..and yet they say muslims dont ve religious tolerance!....
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2012
King harzyz: Dont know what this religion has done to deserve all this beef. Christians are beefing b'cos there religion doesnt have principles and guidelines. Its just a religion formulated after someone death. Do you want muslim children to start dressing half naked and take liquor in the class room as christian childrens are doing in schools?. NO ISLAM NO PARADISE. #gbabe#

I believe what you wanted to say is "No Killing No Aljanna" , call it paradise if you want to.

Well, one guideline Christians do not certainly have is how to strap bombs around someone and detonate it with either a mobile phone or one-touch button.

And regarding principles, Christians do not have the principle of retaliation. You kill for the sake of religion after the slightest provocation and you call that religion?

Dressing stylishly or provocatively (well, we call it fashion) does not take away your right to a beautiful paradise. Infact, your burqas or hijabs are not a prerequisite to the muslim paradise. Or have you forgotten what your prophet told you about entering paradise in the hadith? Let me remind you (1) spread the greeting of peace, (2)feed the poor and needy, (3)behave kindly to your relatives, (4) offer prayers when others are asleep and (5) Enter paradise (just like enter the dragon cheesy

Everyone will be accounted for on the day of judgement including the 70,000 your islam claim that won't be requested to give account.

In a nutshell, I guess the hadith didn't tell none of you to obey higher authority.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 9:38am On Apr 14, 2012
muib:
what are u saying if muslim women that wish to wear hijab are banned from doing so,thats pathetic!..if the muslims voice there displeasure and the government doesnt listen ofcos they are going to protest!..even in britain muslim females wear niqab!..and if u knw what niqab is....

You mean your brothers are going to start killing non-muslims if I may ask. Politics is different from religion, and that's what i want Muslims to stick at the back of their fanatical minds. To protest peacefully is one thing, and to start killing people is totally another story, well, as long as it gets you paradise, isn't it?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by scriptwizz: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2012
la furia: Hw does wearing hijab affects the performance of d skul or d teachers. As far this matter is corncerned it is not for the christian to comment becos their opinion is not needed sine the subject matter is of no value to them. Fashola shld just be careful, give me one reason y he shld ban hijab in public skuls wen that has being d norm 4 long time with no form of harrasment or discrimination. Y does he want to want to get himself into trivail issue as far as the work of d govt is concerned. There are skuls in north where d muslims wear hijabs and the christians don't and not for once are d christians force to wear hijab. Since it is public skul, student shld be allowed to pratice their religion. Will wait and see wat fashola has to say.

abeg shut up.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 14, 2012
muib:
whats this? u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IGP?

BTW u need to have a grabs of what the guy i responded to was saying. He's talking about retaliation and not protest. U can protest in a civil manner but retaliation in this case could mean causing of mayhem, thereby making the country ungovernable. Is that what islam stands for? killing pple and causing trouble like Boko Haram does? When NBC banned airing of church miracles on TV, did any pastor protested or retaliated or threatened to go to court?

Muslims need to think and realise that this country Nig doesnt belong to them
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by paris10: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2012
scriptwizz:

abeg shut up.

Don't tell any one to shut up. Reply to their post constructively and let them understand your argument.

And regarding the guy you told to shut up, well what more can I say, they just don't understand the violence associated to being a muslim.

I believe none of them have lost someone to the muslims fanatics in the north. They don't understand how difficult it is to loose someone special just because someone somewhere is offended.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by deols(f): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2012
Hijab isnt worn in all schools in lagos. May I enjoin Muslims to stand up and ask for their right??
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 14, 2012
paris10:

You mean your brothers are going to start killing non-muslims if I may ask. Politics is different from religion, and that's what i want Muslims to stick at the back of their fanatical minds. To protest peacefully is one thing, and to start killing people is totally another story, well, as long as it gets you paradise, isn't it?
did i mention killing non muslim?..or was non muslim that made that?,nope...it was the government right?so they ll protest against the government and who says its not going to be a peaceful protest?or you just assumed since muslims are the one to do it right? ..well islam can not be separated from politics,check shari'a you ll see rules guiding political dynamics of society so islam is the total way of life..
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
toba: whats this? u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IGP?

BTW u need to have a grabs of what the guy i responded to was saying. He's talking about retaliation and not protest. U can protest in a civil manner but retaliation in this case could mean causing of mayhem, thereby making the country ungovernable. Is that what islam stands for? killing pple and causing trouble like Boko Haram does? When NBC banned airing of church miracles on TV, did any pastor protested or retaliated or threatened to go to court?

u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IG [b]
toba: whats this? u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IGP?

u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IG [/b]

Na wa o..so you are saying the ruling government can make an unjust law against its people ?!i dont think that is the responsibilty of government.however using the nigerian police as an example is kind of awkward cos i think you should knw that an apparatus of government can not protest against government polcies when one of their main function is to support and guide government...and moreover its not in the act establishing the nigerian police..but it is in the quran for our women to guide their modesty and if a lady wish to guide her own modesty through hijab,thats her wish..freedom of expression,and you dressing is an expression
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2012

u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IG [b]

u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IG [/b]

Na wa o..so you are saying the ruling government can make an unjust law against its people ?!i dont think that is the responsibilty of government.however using the nigerian police as an example is kind of awkward cos i think you should knw that an apparatus of government can not protest against government polcies when one of their main function is to support and guide government...and moreover its not in the act establishing the nigerian police..but it is in the quran for our women to guide their modesty and if a lady wish to guide her own modesty through hijab,thats her wish..freedom of expression,and you dressing is an expression
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
muib:
u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IG
u mean the ruling govt doesnt have the right/powers to make laws prohibiting whatever they feel like? Nonsense. IGP said no more Police check points in Nigeria, do u mean the angry police should go protest against the order of the IG

Ok
is Lagos state an Islamic state?
Is Nigeria an Islamic state?
Is Nigeria Governed based on the principle of the Qur'an?

why should fashola Obey the dictates of the Qur'an or the bible?
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by nagoma(m): 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2012
@toba

Because there is freedom of religion enshrined in the Nigerian constitution.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by ImaIma1(f): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
am really lost here.do Muslim students actually wear ijab to public/ neutral schools? is it university or secondary/primary?

i guess there are Islamic schools tht allow them incorporate all their culture and religion. if they r gonna attend public schools, they hv 2 stick 2 d regulations
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by Hayormeah(f): 7:24am On Apr 15, 2012
Na wa oooo.Only God can elp us!!!
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by adidot01(m): 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
This must be a joke, Fashola of all ppl should know that banning the use of Hijab in govt schools will amount to infringement of fundamental human rights as enshrined in the 1999 constitution of the FRN, chapter IV section 34, 35, 38, and 42 among others. Fashola will know better than 2 do that.

To those of you who thinks Muslims should not attend govt sch because they don't wanna remove their Hijab, think through it once again, do you think you're being fair? This country seems not to respect & embrace the fact that ppl should be given equal right to do anything (as long as it's within the ambits of the law). In those days when I was in secondary sch, I remember we use to have assemblies in the morning and evening everyday which makes it a total of 10 assemblies in a week. The Christians conduct the assembly all the time except on Friday morning which is the only assembly coordinated by the Muslims, so in a week the Christians holds 9 assemblies while the Muslims take the remaining 1, ratio 9:1. Things like this happens in the so called public Schools and no one sees anything wrong about that, the little privilege (a constitutional right) that the Muslims enjoy is what u want to deny them of, Olohun o ni fun e she o...

And to that person who believes Muslims want to Islamise this country, I think you got it to the contrary cuz if u ask me, I'll say it's the Christians who have Christianized our multi-religious country. Among other things is the fact that no one goes to work on Sunday but u dare not try that on Friday.

Lastly, I'm beginning to think that this Fashola's second administration is a grave mistake on the part of the Lagos electorates, unfortunately he won't be contesting again, YOU NO DEY TRY O!!!
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by olawalebabs(m): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2012
Am surprise at the OP's comment on this thread. How will banning of Hijab bring about good governance in the state. It seems Fashola is losing focus.
Re: Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out by olawalebabs(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2012
kumbalo: islam has destroyed the north and is destroying the development in the country. the Governor is just being cautious. as for those of you crying foul, make una go hug transformer. and if u chose to go to war like some idiot and myopic sighted individuals have threatened, SHALL WE BEGIN? Thank you FASHOLA!
grin
What a baseless argument. So the South is better off with the likes of Ibori, Odilli, Akala, Alam. Pls face the real issue and leave Islam out of this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Gov. Mimiko And Wife On The Queue At The Polling Unit / Arewa Youth Forum Blames Buhari, APC For Escalating Attacks / Obasanjo: Boko Haram Crisis Could Last 15 More Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.