Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? (1964 Views)

10 Things Broke Girls Often Say / Intelligent Girls Are Ostensibly Rude? / Classy, intelligent Girls With A Good Diction Over Ukwu Anytime For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by yemivictor: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2007
NL Guys and Babes alike, i'm sure that you'd all agree with me that this issue is a very topical one. Reason being that i've been asked this same question countless times, suffice it to say that i've also had more than my fair share of rudeness from seemingly intelligent babes! Now, based on the topic, could it be that:

a) Such babes are always in a foul mood whenever they are approached, regardless of the subject of what the intended conversation might be?

b) Some guys actually ask very stupid questions if granted audience?

c) Such babes are not just friendly, no matter how hard you try?

d) Some guys are bad timers, i.e. you clearly see that she's quite busy, or on the phone, or on the move, yet, you make the move?

e) Some guys are not well dressed? Body odour?

f) Wrong place to make such a move, i.e. on the street, in the library, e.t.c.?

g) She outrightly does not like your face, not handsome enough, not tall enough, not dark or fair enough as the case may be?

What if having satisfied all the conditions above, you still get that rude treatment, that attitude? Could it be that regardless of gender, intelligent people are usually irritable?

What happens to guys like me who are naturally drawn to intelligent individuals?

For the sake of this argument, the dictionary meaning of "intelligent" is: Good at learning, understanding and thinking in a logical way about things; showing this ability.

The dictionary meaning of "seemingly" is: in a way that appears to be true but infact may not be.

Now, this is very interesting since we're talking about "seemingly intelligent babes". Perhaps, they are not nearly as intelligent afterall? Perhaps, if they had any element of intelligence, they'd know wiser than to be rude, no matter what? Perhaps, the rudeness is a cover-up for their own insecurities?

THE FLOOR IS OPEN!!! Enter and talk your own!
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by Joey82(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2007
yemivictor:

Perhaps, the rudeness is a cover-up for their own insecurities?

quite true there,
besides u have 2 b man enough 2 break through the wall such girls build arround them grin,
by d time u suceed, u'll discover how mild they're inside, how easily they cry, how soft their hearts are. shocked

dont mind the rudeness boy, just step up ur game and bring ur world under ur feet. wink
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by olanajim(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2007
A truly intelligent woman cannot be rude. No matter the collection of her degrees, if she hadn't master basic art of courtesy, politeness, and tact, she a first class educated ignorant. She need a comprensive tutorial on human relation.

Unfortunately, we have abundance stock of them! Little wonder why ladies like that don't enjoy their marrital life if they are lucky to get a man at all.

On the other hand, we also have some men with dented ego who would always want their view taken as right even when they are damn wrong. The problem is not their ego but their desire to foster their intellectual and moral stupidity on others, most especially women.

Then there is a group of men that see women as ethernally inferior. These men are more often responsible for the making of rude, arrogance, intellent women. This happens because some of these ladies got tired of such men and therefore conditioned their minds to suspect every men they come in contact with. This suspicio often manifests in form of their rudeness and arrogant.
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by jkpretty(f): 11:37am On Nov 06, 2007
What if confidence was mistaken for rudeness

what if self respect was mistaken for pride

What if Some questions actually sound stupid & don't deserve a reply, & u decide to be mute.

What if it shows u don't just want to make a conversation & but meaningful talk

Some people know how to handle issues than others undecided
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by IderaN(f): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2007
An intellegent lady cannot be rude instead she is sensible enough not to answer due to wot jkpretty said,
jkpretty:

What if confidence was mistaken for rudeness

what if self respect was mistaken for pride

What if Some questions actually sound stupid & don't deserve a reply, & u decide to be mute.

What if it shows u just want to make a conversation & not meaningful talk

Some people know how to handle issues than others undecided

we ladies try to build a wall around just for self confidence and to study the guy better but once the guy breaks one, other walls will fall,
@poster you should not give up, it normal for we ladies, we just can't act the same, you have to try harder.
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by iice(f): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2007
Yes some women are rude, just as some men are rude. . .
Sometimes the rudeness is intentional
Sometimes things/situations trigger it
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by sammy6(m): 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2007
Once a lady knows she is intelligent and pretty,Her pride woul;d be overwhelming.
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by Mandora(f): 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2007
Olanajim, I think you've gotten it wrong. Intelliegnce does not only refer to academic prowress. In fact u may find out some of those effikos can b very dumb otherwise. Not dat I condone rudeness, intelligent or otherwise. Real intelliegnce wld rather b an in born ability 2 "catch on fast" within n without d class room walls
Re: Why Are Seemingly Intelligent Girls Often Very Rude? by efuah(f): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2007
good responses so far

i think no intelligent woman is rude, her intelligence reflects in all she does. . . why then can she be rude undecided sometimes when a woman is outspoken, we think she's disrespectful, proud or rude . . please men, give way for us to speak our minds too tongue

(1) (Reply)

Post Ur Most Romantic Language Here / What Does It Take To Make A Relatonship Work? / Ur Girlfriend Went On A Date Overnite Wit Dangote And Told U Nothing Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.