Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Stop Arguing With Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Arguing With Atheists (3359 Views)

Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

That's why we are told not to argue with you. Because you don't even know the bible. Rather, you should ask for answers instead of rubbish God. I don't have problem with you if you don't believe in God but don't just rubbish our God that we believe in, okay.

God accepting Abel's sacrifice is a type and shadow of God accepting the sacrifice of His son Jesus, just like your own shadow is your type. God declares the end from the beginning. At this beginning, in Genesis, God was showing a picture of what is to come. If you ask kweshion, we will honour your kweshion honourably and you don't expect us to honour you when you rubbish our God. Okay.
that atheist would have been stoned to death during the maccabean era. we would have stoned logicboy on his way to damascus to engage with harlot moabite women grin grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

You can't see the contradiction mixed with circular logic? Don't worry, "logic" is not in your username grin!

When did Yaweh turn to a vampire? What did he need blood for? An omnipotent being needing human blood?
not human blood. calf blood. or sheep. all that is over now. the sacrificial laws that is. the ultimate sacrifice has eradicated the sacrificial laws, The messiah that is. his blood made peace with God for us all
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360: [size=15pt]X[/size]

YOU SEE YOUR SCORES?

besides, le'me wait for them your boss,lol grin grin grin

you are really foolish. Have you ever been able to imagine or think straight with a headache? Your consciousness and imagination are controlled by your brain. Or wait, you think with your buttocks? I should have known

Birds fly because they have wings and their bodies are suited to use them for flight. Simple.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: not human blood. calf blood. or sheep.

Sorry, Ishould have said sheep blood! grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: that atheist would have been stoned to death during the maccabean era. we would have stoned logicboy on his way to damascus to engage with harlot moabite women grin grin

You take delight in painful murder? Do you know how slow and painful it is to die by stoning?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:
Shadow ke? My shadow is not my type...my shadow varies depending on my hieght and whether I am standing or crouching grin grin
On a serious not, when did God become a vampire that needs blood? And even so, why would God sacrifice himself (Jesus) when he cannot die? It's like taking a poison and an antidote- no effect

I don't know the kind of teachings you have heard about Jesus being God. God is not man. You as a man is the one limited by space and time. God is not like that. However, Christ is different from God, the Almighty, the Father. Okay. Christ is the son of God, who happens to also be God but lower to the God, the father.

The sacrifice of Abel is a picture of the real thing God was about doing in times to come,okay. When i mentioned your shadow, i mean your shadow is a type of you but not real you. Does this mean that if i see your shadow in the ground and pieced a knife into that shadow, does that mean you as a person will die? Definitely No. The NT was concealed in the OT while the OT revealed the NT. I hope you understand.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

Sorry, Ishould have said sheep blood! grin
its OK. apologies accepted. we know all you atheists are absent-minded simpletons grin grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: its OK. apologies accepted. we know all you atheists are absent-minded simpletons grin grin

Sharrap there grin It was just a small mistake
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

You take delight in painful murder? Do you know how slow and painful it is to die by stoning?
i personally would not be there. i dont like to get my manicured hands dirty. i will get the ammonites and edomites to do the stoning while i watch on the sides while drinking sacramental wine and cheering them on grin grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

I don't know the kind of teachings you have heard about Jesus being God. God is not man. You as a man is the one limited by space and time. God is not like that. However, Christ is different from God, the Almighty, the Father. Okay. Christ is the son of God, who happens to also be God but lower to the God, the father.

The sacrifice of Abel is a picture of the real thing God was about doing in times to come,okay. When i mentioned your shadow, i mean your shadow is a type of you but not real you. Does this mean that if i see your shadow in the ground and pieced a knife into that shadow, does that mean you as a person will die? Definitely No. The NT was concealed in the OT while the OT revealed the NT. I hope you understand.

God can not die, therefore Jesus did not die on the cross. He was just doing a magic show! shocked shocked shocked shocked

That guy Jesus eh, e don dey kolo! e dey use us catch trips!
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
@ buzugee,

Oga buzugee, how una dey naw. These Atheists na wha for them o. But we love them sha. Make dem no just dey rubbish our God. Na there me get beef with them sha, nothing more. lol grin grin grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: i personally would not be there. i dont like to get my manicured hands dirty. i will get the ammonites and edomites to do the stoning while i watch on the sides while drinking sacramental wine and cheering them on grin grin

You must have loved reading how catholics tortured heretics. Here is their best torture device for your sadomasochistic self;

Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

God can not die, therefore Jesus did not die on the cross. He was just doing a magic show! shocked shocked shocked shocked

That guy Jesus eh, e don dey kolo! e dey use us catch trips!

You are not ready to learn and you keep going in circle. How can't your logic tell your that he died. After I just showed you that the same sacrifice of Abel is a type of his death. So the Sheep of Abel died and Christ didn't die? Is that logic enough? My friend, I wan go sleep joo. Me think say you even get something logical to talk. Them don say we dey waste time wif una. Make i go take my time sleep.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360: @ buzugee,

Oga buzugee, how una dey naw. These Atheists na wha for them o. But we love them sha. Make dem no just dey rubbish our God. Na there me get beef with them sha, nothing more. lol grin grin grin
LOL yeah damn atheists. they need to be thrashed ferociously with a leather belt grin grin body dey ooo my Chief. we thank God. Trust all is well at your end.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

You are not ready to learn and you keep going in circle. How can't your logic tell your that he died. After I just showed you that the same sacrifice of Abel is a type of his death. So the Sheep of Abel died and Christ didn't die? Is that logic enough? My friend, I wan go sleep joo. Me think say you even get something logical to talk. Them don say we dey waste time wif una. Make i go take my time sleep.

You are not OK! God can not die, therefore Jesus can not die. Jesus did not die at the cross. He is a wayo man
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 7:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

You must have loved reading how catholics tortured heretics. Here is their best torture device for your sadomasochistic self;

ahhh thats white on white crime. edomite on edomite crime. edomites get very creative when they want to put folk to death. they introduced the guillotine to the world. evil bastards grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by manmustwac(m): 7:42pm On Apr 13, 2012
Stop arguing with (us) atheists? I guess it must weaken the FAITH!
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
@Goshen360

Here are few amongst many, to start with:

Where is your imagination and conscience located?

Imaginations are creative actions of the brain. It's not a "tissue" or "organ" that is "locate[/i]d". The term "[i]conscience" is subjective and dwells on the concept of morality which isn't a constant. Years ago, two men could fight till the death of one of them and the victor would feel no remorse because it was permissible and an ego boost for him. Today, that is murder of the first degree and the thought of a lengthy jail term is definitely discomforting thus the "conscience" kicks into action. Once more, it's a action of the brain and not "located" as you termed it.

What is it that makes a bird fly and you as a man cannot fly and yet you are greater than a bird?
Why cant you fly like a bird?

Very simple. Our anatomies are different. Our skeletal structures are different. A bird (that can fly) can adapt to the aerodynamics of flight. I am a ground animal. Perhaps i should ask you why you can't burrow into the ground like an earthworm or ask you why you don't have gills like the fishes.

You as an Atheist, Do you believe in the Invisible and Visible?

Invisible and visible in what sense? You really need to think through your questions properly. This was the same crap you spewed the last time.

Start from there, I will assess your level of Atheism and give you more. Waiting.

What exactly do you mean by "level of Atheism"? What part of DISBELIEF in religion don't you understand? How many times must it be explained and re-explained on this forum that Atheism is NOT a religion rather it is a disbelief in religion and supernatural forces in general? Are you this thick in the head?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by thehomer: 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sweetlemon: Fellow christian brothers and sisters. I have noticed the way people try to argue with atheists when they are in they start their debates. I advice that we should learn not to argue with them, if you want to say anything at all, it should only be brief and only when it is necessary. These people are so hardened that it is only God himself that can reveal himself to them so don't bother wasting your time! (Funny enough, it is such people God delights in manifesting himself to) just pray for such people whenever you encounter them.
cheers!

Why are you afraid? Can't God perform his miraculous works through you or are you losing faith in your God?
If God delights in manifesting himself to us, then what has taken him so long?
Please, if you're praying for me, let me know so I'll tell you whether or not your prayer is working.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by thehomer: 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
BLECINS: Do you know that it is a sin to argue with an Atheist? Read 2 John 1: 7- 11. The best you can do for an atheist is just to point him or her to Christ. God cannot be explained or articulated, He reveals Himself by Himself.

I just read that passage and I didn't see where it talks about.

NIV:
7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we[a] have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

It simply says that you shouldn't let them into your house and I don't think typing on a public forum is letting someone into your house.
But, the following portion of the Bible says you should do the opposite of what you're saying.

NIV:
13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats[b]; do not be frightened.”[c] 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

Are you ready to give answers for your belief?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 14, 2012
harakiri:
(5)How did the builders of the tower of Babel survive without oxygen? The bible clearly says they built a structure that reached the heavens (that should be taller than Mount Everest and you need oxygen tanks at such heights).
! !

Just came to say two things.

Ancient. Aliens.

Thanks,
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Callotti: 4:57am On Apr 14, 2012
Damn right. You can argue all you want. . . we shall be here to deal with your m0r0nic arzzzes every single time.
As long as that your OMNI-IMPOTENT God has not been able to deal with ours'. . . .aka Satan abi? tongue

Callotti: Please, as an Agnonstic cool. . .there is always a possiblility that some kind of a being exists.
AGNOSTICS ARE SUPER-SUPRA-PARA-INTELLEGENT ATHEISTS. . . because they at least try to humor you PHOCKING CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITES AND BORN-AGAIN REETARDED BIGOTS. . .by helping you figure out what kind of a USELESS GOD you claim to worship IN YOUR OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.

Here goes: kiss

But the manner of his existence is what I question. The inconsistencies and the outright disability in controlling the so-called world it claimed to have created.

It is NOT A STEP towards a deist or theistic stance.
Just a ponder.
Thank you!

Pertinent questions.

DOES YOUR GOD CARRY A 'HANDICAP' SIGN ON HIS OR HER VEHICLE OR SHOULD I SAY 'WINGS'?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/680832[/img]

Only a FOOLISH AND DAFT God will allow his own creation aka Satan to destroy the world he created 'that was all good'!
Even Obama did not tolerate that kind of CRRRRRRRRAP from Osama!

Only a DAMNED LAZY God will allow the likes of TB Joshua and Oyedepo to use his so-called HOLY NAME to rip fools on Earth off!

Only a DUMB IMPOTENT God will act like you "Auspicious Ekiti deekless-wonders online and use several monikers to go and be phocking other people's wives offline. . .and claim you are the 'HOLY GHOST' pehnis! BECAUSE HIS OWN PEHNIS IS TOO TOO SMALL TO TAKE CREDIT FOR CONCEIVING BASTARDS AS SAVIOUR WITH ANOTHER MEN'S PATERNITY ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF SUCH BASTARDS!!! tongue

IF YOUR GOD COULD PHOCK. . .HE WOULD HAVE FATHERED A CHILD FOR HIMSELF! NO NEED SNEAKING IN AND OUT OF JOSEPH'S WIFES POOHSIE. . .POOR MARY GOT R-APED AND DID NOT EVEN KNOW IT. SHE MUST HAVE HAND DOWN'S SYNDROME OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. OR SHE WAS DRUGGED WITH SOME DATE-R-APE DRUG FOR SURE BY THIS YOUR GOD IN THE FORM OF OYEDEPO OR TUBERCULOSIS JOSHUA!!! kiss

Only a JEALOUS AND MISERABLE GOD will be angry for others using their d-e-e-ks and poohsies effectively because he has a DEAD AND IMPOTENT one! BECAUSE HE CAN'T PHOCK SHYTE AND GETS TOO MUCH E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI WHEN ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTIC ARE SCREAMING WITH H-OR-GASMIC H-ECTASIES IN THE BEDROOM FROM BELOW , HAVING A SWELL TIME. . .INSTEAD OF PRAISING HIS USELESS AZZZZE IN SOME SHRINES OF CHURCHES AKA SPEAKING IN TONGUES. . .AND FOR NOT BEING STOOPID ENOUGH TO GIVE HIS SO-CALLED AZZEHOLES OF PASTORS A DOGGGONE DIME FOR TITHES! tongue

. . . and many more attributes!

Should I go on about this GOD OF YOURS? wink

No doubt he or she exists for sure. . . BUT HE MUST BE EVEN MORE STOOPID THAN YOURSELF!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 14, 2012
Poor Christianity!!
5 loafs of bread + 2 fish - 5 thousand plates = 12 baskets grin grin grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by LogicMind: 9:12am On Apr 14, 2012
Martian:

Just came to say two things.

Ancient. Aliens.

Thanks,

i thought you didn't believe in aliens?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Heathen(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2012
Logic Mind:

i thought you didn't believe in aliens?
i think it was sarcasm.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
Goshen360:

God bless you.
even you?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
Goshen360:

Here are few amongst many, to start with:

Where is your imagination and conscience located?
What is it that makes a bird fly and you as a man cannot fly and yet you are greater than a bird?
Why cant you fly like a bird?
You as an Atheist, Do you believe in the Invisible and Visible?

Start from there, I will assess your level of Atheism and give you more. Waiting.
Imagination and Logical Reasoning are all made possible by a recognized brain function but conscience is a state of mind modelled by so many factors.Twins were killed without remorse in the past with no negative view to thier but try that today and you will be called a sadist. For a man to understand the mechanic behind bird flight and master it shows man is greater than a bird (barring diffrence in anatomy) Haven't you heard of powered gliders or isnt that human flying like a bird? the term visible and invisible is clearly misused here as the scientist dosent only use sight in judgement (touch,feel,smell, taste etc) are also used in judgement of things. Things can be invisible to the eye but proven by other senses as existent and valid.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Sweetlemon(f): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
I have a question for you guys. Since u don't believe in God can u pls tell us why u guys are always hanging around the religion section of this forum? You comment on each and every single religious post on d forum. After all atheism is a disbelief in the existence of God so it is NOT a religion right? So why this strong desire to stalk others who believe in God, and talk and talk and talk about your disbelief? A true atheist should be ignoring and avoiding anything with God in it! Please answer straight to the point. Thank u
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetlemon: I have a question for you guys. Since u don't believe in God can u pls tell us why u guys are always hanging around the religion section of this forum? You comment on each and every single religious post on d forum. After all atheism is a disbelief in the existence of God so it is NOT a religion right? So why this strong desire to stalk others who believe in God, and talk and talk and talk about your disbelief? A true atheist should be ignoring and avoiding anything with God in it! Please answer straight to the point. Thank u

It goes both ways, hypocrite!

1) Tell your religious brothers and sisters to stop making threads about atheists first
2) Tell your evangelists, jehovah witnesses and mormons to stop disturbing people on the bus and in their houses first
3) When separation of church and state is fully implemented, you can truly have peace with atheists
4) Is there an atheist section for threads?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by LogicMind: 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetlemon: I have a question for you guys. Since u don't believe in God can u pls tell us why u guys are always hanging around the religion section of this forum? You comment on each and every single religious post on d forum. After all atheism is a disbelief in the existence of God so it is NOT a religion right? So why this strong desire to stalk others who believe in God, and talk and talk and talk about your disbelief? A true atheist should be ignoring and avoiding anything with God in it! Please answer straight to the point. Thank u

we hang here to fight the evil that is religion. And we are winning. That's why they are avoiding us. Even muslims have taken to hiding in their section and banning everthing unislamic. So if you can't stand us, go and hide or better still send your god to fight us as you are not up to the task.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Sweetlemon(f): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
LMAO@logic mind and logicboy. So this is the reason why u r on EVERY religious thread? Laff-wan-bring-back-my-menstrual-pains! So because there is no section for atheists u come to d religion section and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about a God you hate? Hellooo?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
and you think the op was not obsessed with atheist by opening this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Travis Greene’s Testimony, Read How Jesus Brought Him Back To Life / Is This The Love Christianity Preach? (photos) / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens - Sacrificial But Profitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.