Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47022 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Nobody: 11:42am On May 21, 2012
Interesting thread!

A christian is not under the law of tithing as given by Moses rather he/she should give to God whether it is 5%, 10%, 20%, 30% or 100% as he/she has decided in his or her heart. If any man so give unto the Lord ( whether to the poor, orphan,widow or church) and he/she thinks in his/her heart that he/she is better than the brother who gives less percentage to God then his/her gift is not acceptable to God. For pride as taken over his/her heart.

No christian would force non-jewish brethren to obey Jewish law such as tithing crops/animals. It is aboslute misrepresentation of Christ when a pastor stand before his brethren and says they are under a curse for not tithing what shall he say to the uncircumcised brethren then?

Other heresy common in the Nigerian church include firstfuits, seeing vision before getting married, washing of feet, etc.

1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2012
nuclearboy: @image123:

I am sure you have heard the term "Nation of Islam" before! Humor me but please tell us who made up that nation of Islam and in which setting they exist?
nuclear, don't disappoint. The nation of islam has similar meaning to the nation of Israel? you kid a lot, let's be serious please.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Mal 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Gen 49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
1King 18:31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:

how on earth we want to twist that to mean a couple of priests is very befuddling.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 1:10pm On May 21, 2012
Image123:
nuclear, don't disappoint. The nation of islam has similar meaning to the nation of Israel? you kid a lot, let's be serious please.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Mal 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Gen 49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
1King 18:31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:

how on earth we want to twist that to mean a couple of priests is very befuddling.

God: 'Ye have robbed me'

Israel: ‘In what way have we robbed You?’

God: In tithes and offerings

God: Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation

God: Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house

God: I shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field

1. God accused them of robbing Him of TITHES and offerings and
2. Inorder to stop robbing Him,
3. They were to bring TITHES of MEAT (Food)
4. To the STOREHOUSE
5. He would make sure their fruits from the ground/vines would not be destroyed

When God said 'this whole nation';

]*God was specific about WHAT they robbed Him of, therefore:[/

a. The Babies in Israel DIDN'T physically ROB Him of Tithes neither did they have to start bringing TITHES as soon as they were born because God said 'this whole nation'.
b. Those who increased in Shekels, cash, diamonds etc DID NOT ROB GOD of TITHES neither did they have to start bringing Him Tithes of shekels, cash etc
c. Those who's animals increased by 6 DID NOT have to kill off the 6 and Tithe of the meat (They still had to wait until the 10th even though they increased by 6)
d. Priests DID NOT have to now Tithe because God said 'this whole nation'.
e. Israelites OUTSIDE of the Land of Israel DIDN'T have to TITHE agric produce grown OUTSIDE of the Land of Israel

It therefore means 'This whole nation' can be said to have been used in the same way one would use e.g.
- e.g 'The nation of Nigeria has won a football match'.
- It doesn't mean @Image or @Jem1 or @Nuclear or even babies born today played the game physically
- The ones who played physically would be given medals or cash not @Image etc
- They are the ones responsible for the goals required for winning
- One cannot insist all 160 million Nigerians have the responsibility to score goals at the said match before it can be said 'Nigeria won'.
- It would be right if one says 'the Super Eagles won' or one can still say 'Nigeria won'.

Only those ISRAELITES with the items meant for the STOREHOUSE in the temple i.e. 'food' (meat), fruit from the ground/vine per Lev 27:30-34 who had the HOLY items BELONGING to the Lord per His commandment physically ROBBED Him of TITHEs.

They are they ones who can stop the robbery by bringing into the Storehouse the Tithes of food (Holy items) belonging to the Lord.

'This whole nation' has to be put in context. The responsibility for correcting the error still lay with the few who broke the commandment of God.

It was NOT A NEW COMMANDMENT for the whole nation to start tithing 'shekels, cash etc' or for babies or priests to start tithing.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2012
Image123: waoh, one really can't force the horse to drink. BTW debo, i am curious, who said tithe has to be out of the 'promised land', and which are the two largest churches you reference and which of the tithe 'classes' do they teach?

Na wa for you sef! I ask you how many questions you respond with a question. Bloody Nigerian. grin

As for the churches, I didn't say the two largest - one is clearly one of the largest, while the other is a well established, but smaller church. I would prefer not to name them, as that is likely going to derail the discussion - I can confidently say I didn't receive a holistic teaching of tithes at either of them. If you tell me which church you are a member of, I can tell you whether it's one of the two or not, so we can test your blanket defence of those that teach tithe.

At the latter well established church, I don't remember it being taught at all - everyone simply had a tithing card with Malachi 3 written on the front and you were normally expected to do so as a member.

At the other church, the dubious distinction of 'paying' your tithes and 'giving' your offering was emphasised upon, coupled with references to Lev 27:30 (to say tithes are Holy unto the Lord)about ordinances being forever as recorded in Numbers 18. 'Tithing' was hammered upon, to the extent of saying when your kids receive gifts you should 'tithe' the gifts also.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2012
debosky:

'Tithing' was hammered upon, to the extent of saying when your kids receive gifts you should 'tithe' the gifts also.

This tithing from gift variation being added to th scam in some churches is another thing that really ticks me off. angry even the Israelites that received the original instruction never tithed from gifts. Yet christians that have no business tithing are being manipulated to tithe of their gifts. It's really so nauseating. But I guess it serves some of them right for not being diligent enough to study the word for themselves.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 4:59pm On May 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

This tithing from gift variation being added to th scam in some churches is another thing that really ticks me off. angry even the Israelites that received the original instruction never tithed from gifts. Yet christians that have no business tithing are being manipulated to tithe of their gifts. It's really so nauseating. But I guess it serves some of them right for not being diligent enough to study the word for themselves.

The truth is that, the Letter of Tithing CANNOT be kept by Christians because God was specific in the way He defined it (He described it as HOLY and BELONGING to Him):

*Only produce HARVESTED in the Land of Isreal by Israelites (except the Levites) and animals (i.e. herds, flock) were to be Tithed.

Some say they keep the Spirit of Tithing, but it would seem NEW LAWS have been made that are enforced AS RIGIDLY and LEGALISTICALLY like the Letter.

The Letter which was a COMMAND to the Israelites was even kinder;

1. Only those crops harvested from LAND in Israel were tithed.
2. It excluded those who increased in ways other than agric produce (they were not COMMANDED to tithe shekels, gold etc)
3. Those who's animals increased by less than a 10th DIDN'T have to tithe at that stage e.g. if your animals increased by 18 you would tithe 1 animal
4. It remembered the Levites (they received tithes)
5. It remembered the widow, the orphan, the poor, the stranger (they received tithes)
6. It remembered the Tither (who ate of his tithe in celebration)
7. There were Holidays (the 7th Year & the year of Jubilee) where the tither wouldn't tithe
8. Levites didn't tithe
9. Priests didn't tithe
9. Not Every Israelite tithed only those who increased per Lev 27

But today,even WITHOUT a COMMAND to Christians by God

Those who teach Christians to Tithe

1. Insist EVERY Christian MUST tithe or else he's robbed God.
2. Insist EVERY 10% on your INCOME for life is HOLY and BELONGS to the Lord.
3. Every 10% Income for LIFE MUST be tithed (or else according to some, a curse applies to the tither).
4. EVERY gift must be tithed.
5. Students must tithe school fees/pocket money from their parents
(In ancient Israel, the student's parents would have tithed at harvest and the student WOULN'T TITHE the items from the barn a second time!)
6. Some churches would not give promotions to their members or let them marry non tithers etc
7. The only tithe they remember is the Levitical Tithe AND SO
8. The tithe MUST ONLY be paid to Church/Pastor
9. The Christian MUST NOT give his tithe to widows, orphans, the poor etc or else it is NOT tithe.
10. The Christian MUST NOT eat his tithe.
11. Any deviation from the above would lead to penalties as the Christian is taught he has broken the hedge and the serpent/devourer WILL bite.
12. The Christian has no tithe holiday or else he's used what is holy and belongs to God.

(There are variations but the above is quite common)

The Spirit vs The Letter

It seems the Spirit here killeth (for at least the widow, the orphan and the poor) and the Letter giveth life (if you are poor).

* It's important to give as Christians but it's wrong when the scripture is tweaked to co-erce people. We should give lovingly, generously and sacrificially.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by ApostlePat: 5:40pm On May 21, 2012
@ Jem1,

Thank you for the great insight of all those explanations. IF tithe WAS to involve other items other than crops and animals, then we will DEFINITELY have our Lord Jesus (Carpenter) tithed. We would have Peter (Fisherman) tithed. It would have simple being recorded or taught by Apostle Paul (Tent-maker), a preacher and teacher and he would have taught and tithed. Who can curse what God had blessed. Tithe is NOT part of Christ and Apostolic teachings, it is man made teachings. God bless you for a great insight you are sharing on this man-made teaching in the body of Christ.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 6:38pm On May 21, 2012
Thank you ApostlePat. Anyone who truly loves the Lord and seeks to please him will naturally be a giving person. I pray we continue to walk in the newness of life and walk worthy of He who has shed abroad our hearts His love.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 7:09pm On May 21, 2012
debo debo, I like your dribble, almost like Ronaldo's. Who said tithe must be from the 'promised land'? iguess you did not pay enough attention in your church, or you be perpetual late comer. I find it hard to believe that any large church in nigeria has not mentioned to its members that Abraham paid tithes to Melchisedek.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2012
^^^
Apostle Image123 you are yet to explain to us why christians should tithe regularly from their income based on Abraham's one off voluntary example which believers were never asked to emulate in the bible.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2012
Image123: debo debo, I like your dribble, almost like Ronaldo's. Who said tithe must be from the 'promised land'? iguess you did not pay enough attention in your church, or you be perpetual late comer. I find it hard to believe that any large church in nigeria has not mentioned to its members that Abraham paid tithes to Melchisedek.

No be my fault nah. . . .after dancing makossa on Saturday night some dozing is necessary on Sunday. cheesy

Seriously though, In the more established church I mentioned, tithing wasn't specifically taught that I remember. There was far more talk of other 'forms' of giving, specifically for missions, church building, etc. With the Pastor earning a fixed salary set by the church board, and transparent monthly and annual accounts available to all, the tithe thing wasn't even an issue - it was simply a matter of course and you knew how much you gave because the cards recorded how much was given, how much the church collected and how it was used. I don't know if people always gave 10% or gave whatever they wanted in the cards used.

In the larger, faster growing one, they did teach Abram's tithe (not tithe[b]s[/b] or tenth[b]s[/b] - Abram is only recorded as giving once)but taught it as justification for COMPULSORY tithing, using Leviticus and Numbers as proof that it is mandatory for Christians to 'pay' it, as that 10% 'belongs to God' and is not up to you to decide whether to give or not.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2012
I just can't understand "ALL" these religious people with their inconsistent tithe teachings. Seriously, we should begin to ask ourselves, where in the bible did people have cards recording tithe? Where? Where did any of the Apostles receive "fixed" salaries? Where? Where does the tithe of Abram correspond with the Levitical tithe? How? Some even teach tithe in their denomination as a per-requisite for ordination or assisting people/the poor. Where do we see this example in the word of God as our faith. When these tithe teachers are tested by the word of God, they run to justify with Abram tithe while they claim we are not under the law of Moses and yet, they mix or they cannot teach tithe without mixing both Abram and Levitical tithe together. You ask these tithe teachers how did Abraham used his tithe giving to take care of Melchizedek, we can get answer and yet it is a must to take care of Levites and Priest. Did Abraham gave tithe to Levites and Priest?

Seriously, this tithe man-made teaching is Non-Jesus and Non-Apostolic teachings. Not anywhere in the bible did Jesus or the Apostles ever taught tithe, not a single text recorded. This is the words of Jude that some greedy men have invaded the our churches and taught a subtle man-made teachings. Our faith is being invaded by greedy men and is facing great invasion. WE NEED TO CONTEND FOR THE FAITH (PRESERVE THE FAITH AND TRUTH) THAT WAS DELIVERED TO THE SAINTS.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 10:55pm On May 21, 2012
In the larger, faster growing one, they did teach Abram's tithe (not tithes or tenths - Abram is only recorded as giving once)but taught it as justification for COMPULSORY tithing, using Leviticus and Numbers as proof that it is mandatory for Christians to 'pay' it, as that 10% 'belongs to God' and is not up to you to decide whether to give or not.
What dry point are you up to again. Which one is tithe. Before na pay and give, Abram and Abraham, now na tithe. For your mind brotha
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithe[b]s[/b] of all.
The 's' dey hurt your eyes abi? Have you paid your tithe? I have paid mine oooooooooooooo. Like i said, my posts on this thread are numbered and may not be as explanatory as before, so kunle stop dreaming. And Jem Jem1, what's up with Apostle Paul talking about sowing and reaping in the NT BTW, he is talking about crops right, keeping the standard of the Levitico XX? You guys need a renewal of your minds, all of you.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2012
^^ You know the point - it was single occurrence in the bible. You were the one who asserted that Abram was only 'recorded-once' as giving tithes, but you 'think' he could have given many times. The same 'thinking' that said Jacob was thinking about 'supporting priests' when he promised to give tithe to God. cheesy

As for me, I don't owe anything, so I have no need to 'pay' - Jesus paid it all. wink

Freedom from having to conform to a human imposed percentage - if I give more than 10% I am unperturbed, likewise if I give less. I am not playing the numbers game. No curses will come upon me for either case, neither will I be denied blessings, because Ephesians 1:3 says Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.

We have examples clearly laid out to us in the NT Church with no emphasis on tithing, simply on giving in response to the need/as inspired by God/decided in our hearts, with the acknowledgement that all comes from God in the first instance. That is not to say an individual, or indeed congregation (if they agree) cannot decide to apply the 10% example - or any other for that matter - but it should be taught in that light.

In my experience, it is not always taught in that light - what is often taught is compulsory tithing, backed up with threats of a curse.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 11:28pm On May 21, 2012
^
Debosky,

YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE GOSPEL TRUTH.

debosky: You know the point - it was single occurrence in the bible. You were the one who asserted that Abram was only 'recorded-once' as giving tithes, but you 'think' he could have given many times. The same 'thinking' that said Jacob was thinking about 'supporting priests' when he promised to give tithe to God. cheesy

As for me, I don't owe anything, so I have no need to 'pay' - Jesus paid it all. wink

Freedom from having to conform to a human imposed percentage - if I give more than 10% I am unperturbed, likewise if I give less. I am not playing the numbers game. No curses will come upon me for either case, neither will I be denied blessings, because Ephesians 1:3 says Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.

We have examples clearly laid out to us in the NT Church with no emphasis on tithing, simply on giving in response to the need/as inspired by God/decided in our hearts, with the acknowledgement that all comes from God in the first instance. That is not to say an individual, or indeed congregation (if they agree) cannot decide to apply the 10% example - or any other for that matter - but it should be taught in that light.

In my experience, it is not always taught in that light - what is often taught is compulsory tithing, backed up with threats of a curse.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2012
Image123:
What dry point are you up to again. Which one is tithe. Before na pay and give, Abram and Abraham, now na tithe. For your mind brotha
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithe[b]s[/b] of all.
The 's' dey hurt your eyes abi? Have you paid your tithe? I have paid mine oooooooooooooo. Like i said, my posts on this thread are numbered and may not be as explanatory as before, so kunle stop dreaming. And Jem Jem1, what's up with Apostle Paul talking about sowing and reaping in the NT BTW, he is talking about crops right, keeping the standard of the Levitico XX? You guys need a renewal of your minds, all of you.

Dreaming of what Even though you have pretended to answer all the questions posed at you, any discerning reader of this thread can tell straight away that you did not answer a single one of the questions satisfactorily or even back up your assertions with scriptures. What you have attempted to do in each case is to dance around the issue, obfuscate them and even resort to outright lies to prove your miserable point. As i said earlier i am quite certain now that due to the fact you had to resort to so many lies and half truths to justify the tithing scam, you know in your heart of hearts that tithing as it is preached today in our churchesis very wrong and it is at best preached in ignorance even though we know your likes preach it fruadulently.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 8:31am On May 22, 2012
@Image,

When looking at the scriptures, I've studied it from 3 perspectives

1. What obtained in the past (i.e. Historical facts - on those, we have no control over)
2. Current practices (i.e. How christians using those facts, apply them in their lives - on those we have no control; they're just what people do currently)
3. Ideal/Suggested practices

1. History - Now we can study what obtained in the past e.g. what tithes were commanded to the Israelites/Examples of what they did. If I (@Jem1), refer to that, e.g. that it was crops etc, @Image's grouse with me doesn't change anything. It is just what it is, history. Your suggestion that God gave them the command because they were mainly an agrarian community may well suit you BUT it would only be a suggestion (afteral Abraham had given other kinds of items once according to the bible and God could have referred to it). It would not remove the truth of History; that they were commanded by God and the biblical examples of them paying tithes is of them giving agric produce. Were there people who didn't increase in agric produce, yes. Were they commanded to tithe, No. Were there biblical examples of Israelites tithing other things, No. Was every 10% of Increase holy and did it belong to God by command or by example, No. The early gentile Christians didn't Tithe to the temple neither did they tithe to the Apostles. These are historical facts - on those we (@Image, @Jem1 etc) have no control.

2. Current practices - What Christians have taken from God's command to the Israelites is held up as a mirror to see if it reflects what the Israelites were commanded to do and what they Israelites did. Now it is not expected that it would be a mirror image, why? Because some key parts of the command are missing e.g. the Land of Israel which was crucial in the past, no levites, no sons of Aaron to receive the Lord's offering of a 10th of the 10th etc (remember those who failed the letter were cursed in Malachi). And so it is IMPOSSIBLE for Christians TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENT to the letter. Because we cannot keep the letter neither are we designed to keep the letter, God's command to the Israelites CANNOT apply to the letter to us. In studying current practices, have we best kept to spirit of tithing? It is here we can have a bit of a debate as to whether, in taking care of our ministers/the widow, the orphan, the poor, the tither/, SHOULD we stick to tithing 10% or 23% (or even set percentages) in meeting the needs as was done in ancient Israel? Afterall, EACH 10TH (whether for Levites/Widows, the poor/tither) was HOLY and BELONGED to God. Remember, in Israel they were COMMANDS. If you've seen a Legislation (law)you know it's meant to be kept to the letter. If you are doing something else outside of the letter, you are no longer keeping the law (e.g. no longer keeping the COMMANDMENT specifically from God on tithing). From current practices, it would appear NEW LAWS where all & every 10% increase is holy and belongs to the Lord or else the Christian is robbing God; NEW LAWS which Christians MUST KEEP TO THE LETTER (very dis-similar to God's letter) are taught to keep a MANDATORY 10% for the churches/Pastors. (WHO gave this COMMAND? Certainly NOT GOD, it is man-made).

The above is what obtains as current practice. On the above, @Jem1 has no control. It is just what it is, if I observe it, @Image getting mad at me doesn't change the fact of what obtains today.

3. Ideal/Suggested practices - This is where we differ. You insist on keeping the MANDATORY NEW LAW disguised as the spirit of the tithing commandment. Mocking me that I'm saying what I never said (i.e. giving the impression that I'm saying Christians should now start giving agric produce) is just a distraction. My suggestions have always been based on the fact that, Christians are not under an obligation to keep a tithing commandment they were NEVER DESIGNED to be able to keep ab initio (from the get go/beginning). Christians CANNOT be under a curse for something NOT COMMANDED TO THEM (same way those who increased in shekels etc, Levites, Priests, gentile Christians were not commanded to tithe). The early gentile Christians didn't Tithe to the temple neither did they tithe to the Apostles. The man who needs to pay hospital bills for his sick and dying child should not be lied to that he would be stealing from God if he pays hospital bills with the 10% instead of giving it to church/pastor.

If a christian chooses not to give e.g. 10%, he would not be stealing what is holy & belongs to God, if on the other hand he decides to give, it should be of his own volition not because of the fear of curses not directed at him by God.

Christians should give loving, generously, sacrificially and with a cheerful heart. Christians should remember to meet the needs to their ministers, the poor, the widow, the orphan etc as it is not a competition between both camps (i.e. the church and the vulnerable/needy/downtrodden). We should remember when we stand before Him what he would ask per Matt 25:36-41; we can do that as part of a church community but ulitmately, we will stand before Him, alone (happily, joyfully).

Image123:
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Zikkyy(m): 1:56pm On May 22, 2012
@Jem1, keep up the good work smiley
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2012
^isee you understood the post. you try jare zikky.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 5:33pm On May 22, 2012
^^^^^^

Bros, This one you're not comprehending my post, shey you never wack your tithe abi you carry am buy strong drink per Deut 14:26 grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 7:26am On May 23, 2012
@Image 123
You are yet to answer my kweshion on whether you pay tithes on the egunje you collect as a civil servant. As we all know, egunje forms a major source of income for civil servants and you have argued here that tithes should be paid from all income.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 1:53pm On May 23, 2012
Jem1: ^^^^^^

Bros, This one you're not comprehending my post, shey you never wack your tithe abi you carry am buy strong drink per Deut 14:26 grin
God forbid, i gave my tithes to Jesus as commanded in Matthew and Hebrews nah. :-D
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by debosky(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2012
Image123:
God forbid, i gave my tithes to Jesus as commanded in Matthew and Hebrews nah. :-D

I hope you tithed cumin, mint and anise to Jesus as he 'commanded' in Matthew and Hebrew? grin

Maybe I missed bible classes because of my makossa again, but I don't recall seeing Jesus commanding people to give him tithes in Matthew. But then again I might be wrong. grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2012
^
And neither did Jesus commanded tithe in Hebrews.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 2:11pm On May 23, 2012
Bro Debosky, our brother has forgotten that Jesus did not specifically say 'this (temple tithe) you must do', He could have meant 'festival tithe' and bro Image would be well within his rights to eat his mint & cumin lol. He can even sell it & buy anything his soul lusteth after cheesy
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 2:16pm On May 23, 2012
@Goshen, bro Image already paid tithes in Abram to Melchisedec.. Even Levites didn't have to pay again. Since Hebrews gives no new instructions to pay, bro image is being a cheerful giver. Never mind him trying to dress it up to impress God.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2012
^
lolz. I think you should consider writing a book on tithe subject. Start to put your tithe teachings together in writing, maybe one day you will put it in a hard copy for all to read. What do you think?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 2:53pm On May 23, 2012
^^
Wow, I never thought of that, thanks for the idea. I've learnt so much from both sides of the discussion.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2012
debosky:

I hope you tithed cumin, mint and anise to Jesus as he 'commanded' in Matthew and Hebrew? grin

Maybe I missed bible classes because of my makossa again, but I don't recall seeing Jesus commanding people to give him tithes in Matthew. But then again I might be wrong. grin
nah, I don't do anise or cummin. mint maybe, the cash waS mint. hehehe. You should reduce this makossa classes, i thought you said you're a priest.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 3:58pm On May 23, 2012
Jem1: Bro Debosky, our brother has forgotten that Jesus did not specifically say 'this (temple tithe) you must do', He could have meant 'festival tithe' and bro Image would be well within his rights to eat his mint & cumin lol. He can even sell it & buy anything his soul lusteth after cheesy
why will He use 'pay' tithe if it was eaten? cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2012
Jem1: @Goshen, bro Image already paid tithes in Abram to Melchisedec.. Even Levites didn't have to pay again. Since Hebrews gives no new instructions to pay, bro image is being a cheerful giver. Never mind him trying to dress it up to impress God.
the levites gave tithes in Abraham but still had to give when they came 'alive'. Go and do likewise ye.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Jem1: 4:16pm On May 23, 2012
Image123:
the levites gave tithes in Abraham but still had to give when they came 'alive'. Go and do likewise ye.

lol bro, don't worry, when you tithe to me, I'll remove a tenth from your tithe and do likewise wink . I don't have to tithe from my own increase since you say I should do likewise lol. I shall simply pay a tithe of your tithe. Pls point the way to Aaron's sons so I can present it them cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Pastor Jonathan David: 'Buhari Will Win Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) / Why Dunamis Church Constructed Dual Carriageway In Mararaba – Dr. Paul Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.