Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? (12702 Views)

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? / Where do Atheists go when they die? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: oh my God!!! Like you don't mean it!!! Can we go on a date can i meet him personally? What's that, he wants me to accept his love freely first, but has an eternal oven for me if i decline. Gets that okay then. Smh.

The evidence of HIS love for you is the reason why you are alive despite the many insults that you have given HIM. Take HIS call and be saved!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by logicboy: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:
Forget what the bible says and think independently.

I am not a bible pusher....I was just saying that science contradicts the bible
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DoctorMcgruff: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
Heavy Misunderstandings from Athiests and Christians alike, personally i believe science and christianity go hand in hand, but misunderstandings aswell as ignorance and sheer stubborness has forced each concept to be total opposite. Afterall Science is a work of God...but those who propagate theories arent always wrong but neither are they always right

I do believe in Intelligent design, I don't believe that a big bang came out of nothing and Life as we know it was created, that to me sounds too mythical. Eeverything has a cause, there is a reason behind every action that happens in this universe.

I think that as christians begin to understand more and more we will soon realize a connection between both institutions

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:
God is whatever it is that intelligently designed the universe and supervised entire creation whether through evolution or other means. it is not necessarily the man in long beards you know. It could be in the form of anything.

Why do you think the universe is designed? Are you sure you're not projecting your human views to the universe as a whole? If you insist on intelligent design, then there must be a purpose? What is the purpose of your god(whatever it is that intelligently designed the universe) ? Why do you think it's singular?

Blackteeth:
Nobody knows the true gender of God. That is not the issue here.

You are assuming "god" has a gender when you don't even know if it exists talk less of the gender.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:

The statement in bold is so dumb. Are there living things in mercury or Uranus that should be kept a safe distance from the sun?

You assume the earth is in this position because it contains life instead of life (as we know it) being one of the results of the position of the earth. Your statement implies that earth is in this position because of us or life in general, so mercury and Uranus must be in their positions because of design.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DeepSight(m): 5:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
Martian:
If you insist on intelligent design, then there must be a purpose? What is the purpose of your god(whatever it is that intelligently designed the universe) ?

Self-Expression

Why do you think it's singular?

By definition an ultimate cause is singular.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
^^^^^^^^

Assumptions. Like I've said a thousand times, your assumptions about the "singular ultimate cause" and self expression are just your version of religious thought.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DeepSight(m): 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
^ Yes indeed. No quarrelling with that. You asked someone a question, just offered my own view.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by LogicMind: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
Blackteeth:

The statement in bold is so dumb. Are there living things in mercury or Uranus that should be kept a safe distance from the sun?

so why the ffuck did he create uranus?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

WOW!! just WOW! one can only marvel at the level of ignorance some exhibit.
So, in your infinite wisdom, you lack the common sense to figure why there are no 'known' living things on mercury or Uranus?
Its obvious you think with the latter, but i'll fill you in my friend.

If earth was repositioned to mercury regions, do you think there would be anything left on earth? NO.
If you throw seeds randomly in the air, and one lands on fertile soil, another on concrete, and another in water, the one on soil would probably germinate, the one on concrete would likely die off, and the one in water might survive into a water plant.

the fact that this happens practically all the time, does not mean the source of these seeds (maybe you) is some kinda jedi master god, it just so happens the conditions favored some of the seeds better, and some adapted accordingly.

So, back to the initial point; if your argument is based on this awesome placement mumbo jumbo, then it is safe to say whoever positioned the elements of the universe did a horrible job. Seeing as most of these planets can not support life as we know it, owing to their horrible positions in relation to the sun. FAIL.

Did you just read what you mumbled down? How does your big ban.g nonsense explain the positioning of the planets? Who made the conditions? CERN have tried for decades to replicate the big bang. If the theory that they so much propagate is correct and right, why do they keep failing each time? Do you honestly believe that the big ban.g can explain how the ocean came about? Are you aware that the sea defies all the logic of the big bang nonsense?

Please think and know that everything has a cause CREATOR

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
Logic Mind:

so why the ffuck did he create uranus?

What do you know about the universe? What makes you think that because we (mankind) does not have answers to why the other planets were created that they are not necessary? It just proves that SOMEONE WHO is much wiser than we are went to work some time ago.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
Logic Mind - you nor go kill me with your sarcasm for this thread grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by LogicMind: 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
rastamouse:

What do you know about the universe? What makes you think that because we (mankind) does not have answers to why the other planets were created that they are not necessary? It just proves that SOMEONE WHO is much wiser than we are went to work some time ago.

and the purpose of this work being?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DoctorMcgruff: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

Sir, how can you possibly reconcile the bold parts of your text?

Really? On the one hand, you are talking about "science is a work of god," and on the other, the big b@ng or anything for that matter, sounds "too mythical" for you?

Let me put it as mild as possible: IT REQUIRES YOU TO BE GLUTTONOUSLY FIXATED ON "THE MYTHICAL" TO BELIEVE IN GOD. so if you believe in any god, you CAN NOT at the same time debunk ANYTHING for being even remotely 'mythical.'

You dont get what i was trying to say, what you forgot to read was that i said " I agree with some aspects of science but others i dont" Evolution in the sense that we are currently evolving, yes i agree. To say that there was a Big bang, i dont agree. Also to me God isnt mythical he is real, something Many people dont understand. To me several theories of science are wrong, while i agree other theories.

Atheism – The belief that there was nothing and then nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything.

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DeepSight(m): 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

Sir, how can you possibly reconcile the bold parts of your text?

Really? On the one hand, you are talking about "science is a work of god," and on the other, the big b@ng or anything for that matter, sounds "too mythical" for you?

Let me put it as mild as possible: IT REQUIRES YOU TO BE GLUTTONOUSLY FIXATED ON "THE MYTHICAL" TO BELIEVE IN GOD. so if you believe in any god, you CAN NOT at the same time debunk ANYTHING for being even remotely 'mythical.'

I dont think he said the big b.ang sounds mythical. If you would slow down your anti-God reflex a little and read carefully, you would see that what he wrote was that the big ba.ng coming out of nothing is what sounds mythical to him.

He may not know that the bi.g bang is actually not said to "come out of nothing" - it is said to proceed from the point of a singularity. But I don't think that this changes the pith of his comment: namely that that event, in his mind (and I agree) must have required a cause, or triggering factor which we as yet do not know. For him, the cause or triggering factor is God - and that's not a ridiculous view to have, or is it?

Let me just say that when you say that it requires myth to believe in God, that actually depends on what a person's perception of God is. If a person sees God as a big man living in the clouds, that may be myth. If a person sees God as a causative and creative principle at the root of all existence - that certainly doesn't sound like myth to me.

Cheers.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DeepSight(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ Ramalot -

^ ^ ^ Whoops! Looks like twas me who misunderstood him on the big b.ang!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DoctorMcgruff: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
Logic Mind:

and the purpose of this work being?

Who knows what the purpose of the work was, maybe the purpose was to inhabit them someday ie. Scientists researching the possibility of life on mars. Maybe these Planets were created to expand our imagination, make us do the Impossible. ie going to the Moon, Sending Research craft to other planets. This is an example of how i say science and theology can work hand in hand. Maybe God wants us to test the limits of technology and human nature by travelling beyond what was thought imposible. With God all things are possible
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DoctorMcgruff: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
Deep Sight:

I dont think he said the big b.ang sounds mythical. If you would slow down your anti-God reflex a little and read carefully, you would see that what he wrote was that the big ba.ng coming out of nothing is what sounds mythical to him.

He may not know that the bi.g bang is actually not said to "come out of nothing" - it is said to proceed from the point of a singularity. But I don't think that this changes the pith of his comment: namely that that event, in his mind (and I agree) must have required a cause, or triggering factor which we as yet do not know. For him, the cause or triggering factor is God - and that's not a ridiculous view to have, or is it?

Let me just say that when you say that it requires myth to believe in God, that actually depends on what a person's perception of God is. If a person sees God as a big man living in the clouds, that may be myth. If a person sees God as a causative and creative principle at the root of all existence - that certainly doesn't sound like myth to me.

Cheers.

Exactley there has to be a trigger effect sophisticated enough to create our reality...it dont beleive that "Random" events led to such creations

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DoctorMcgruff: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
hence i don't believe in a big bang

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DoctorMcgruff: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ps.

had no idea that b@ang was a bad word smh angry
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DeepSight(m): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

And yes, i think everything has a cause like we both agree, now tell me how exactly you KNOW that your god is exempt from a cause.

Lets imagine that this universe was actually constructed by beings just like us from another universe, who had so advanced that they commenced universe-engineering, planetary engineering and even life-engineering. Let's imagine this universe is their experiment. Now such beings would be "God" to us. And they would still require a cause.

If we can look at towards a cause of ALL things - a cause which was the cause even of the "God" described above, a root cause of ALL existence - now, that cause, is what I would call "God", and nothing else!
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by ramalot(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
smiley
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by DeepSight(m): 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
^ Just saying what would qualify as an uncaused cause.
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by rastamouse: 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
ramalot:

No sir, i just typed it out of common sense. FYI no human being holds the big b@ng as some Law or fact. That is something called a "THEORY"
A theory creates a framework to put together pieces of unknowns as they unfold through further findings.

It is a position of quest for knowledge, not an easy way out like religion that claims 'fact' on 100% unfounded grounds.

Do you know if you take your iphone 4s into the Amazon jungle, and have first contact with a lost tribe, all you need to be elevated to god status will be to
run a quick demo of your 'face time' feature? now you're a great god who can be in one place, and yet be, and talk to them through this sacred 3.5 inch portal. OMNIPRESENCE i tell ya!

Ignorance and fear are the driving elements of religion. And yes, i think everything has a cause like we both agree, now tell me how exactly you KNOW that your god is exempt from a cause.

Ram, I would have loved it if your quest was to genuinely learn about GOD. This is a great opportunity to get a personal relationship with GOD.

Check this analogy out...since you used iPhone 4s, I will do the same thing with the analogy.

Imagine yourself being an iPhone 4s and not human for a moment( grin of course you are not iPhone 4s). wouldn't it be silly to suggest that because you never knew how Steve Jobs was born, or more appropriately created, then that places you in the same league as him?

Are you saying no one created you because you can't understand your MAKER? GOD is too much for us to understand but if you really want to know HIM, this is my challenge to you...Accept JESUS CHRIST as your savior and LORD.

Doing that will get you to Heaven and you can ask GOD about how HE came about. How do you like that challenge?
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by SisiKill1: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2012
The Ancient Aliens did it!!

I seent them done it!! cool

Seriously though while I think the creation story in the Bible has a little. . .oh heck. . .has a lot of kolofi to it, I'm not a big fan of the Big Bang theory itself. How can something come out of nothing??!! How? How? How??!!

Another thing. . .are we supposed to believe our entire existence is based on one huge coincidence? The New formed baby earth jammed another planet, our planet only sustains a tiny dent but the other planet is completed obliterated, the debris from the obliterated planet and some bunch of substances I can't spell forms our moon, the moon's gravitaional pull slowly expands the earth...earth's expansion plus the effect of the moon changes the earth's atmosphere, the changes sparks the first teeny tiny life form, then a buncha other things happen and the life forms evolves and more buncha other things happen, more evolution and still more things happen and bang bang. . .viola HUMAN BEINGS!!

So in short if that runaway planet did not collide with baby earth, we shant all be here today. . .come now!! angry angry
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by sosodat: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
This sums it up for Atheists

[size=13pt]Atheism – The belief that there was nothing and then nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything.[/size]
Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by SisiKill1: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
sosodat: This sums it up for Atheists

[size=13pt]Atheism – The belief that there was nothing and then nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything.[/size]

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do Atheists Explain The Existense Of Intelligent Designs? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
I think you atheist want to believe there is a God somewhere but you want an evidence. Man was created to seek, believe in and worship God which is our sole purpose and this is one thing we all desire to do. But the ignorance of the true God has brought about many religions which may not be appealing to you. But for a fact, you desire to know him cos that is what you and i are made for but because you can't see him you've concluded that he doesn't exist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet / Is It Idolatry To Use Pastors' Pictures On Church Banners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.