Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

To Nairaland Atheist. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Nairaland Atheist. (3149 Views)

A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist / how a Nairaland Atheist Saved My Life / My Observation On some Nairaland Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Sisterfatie(f): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
davidylan: it is quite telling that you need to read up on the opinions of others to convince your friends of your supposed point of view.
david u missed the whole point if i try to get them thinking on my own they would most likely not listen because of their inbuilt fear of the unknown whereas if i can get them to start asking questions through the thoughts of others it would make my part much more easier i.e I get to convince them much more easily.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
Sister fatie:
david u missed the whole point if i try to get them thinking on my own they would most likely not listen because of their inbuilt fear of the unknown whereas if i can get them to start asking questions through the thoughts of others it would make my part much more easier i.e I get to convince them much more easily.

I'm sorry but this is nonsense period. Why are they more likely to "start asking questions" through the thoughts of others but not yours? Is it because your own grasp of the science required to explain away atheism is tenuous or non-existent at best? Why are YOU unable to stimulate them to ask questions with intelligent questions of YOUR own? You believe you can convince others easier because of the huge titles behind the names of those you want to quote? I know the usual trick by atheists is to claim that they know better because of the usual "70% of the members of the academy of science are atheists" canard.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
logicboy:

1) Does the OP represent all atheists?

no but she mirrors the typical intellectually lazy attitude of the atheists here.

logicboy:
2) You have no experiences of your own to be able to independently state your reasons for holding your faith. Why? Because you have never seen God or touched him, neither can you prove the existence of God

How do you know i have no experiences of my own? Unfortunately for you, it is not required for you to touch God to know that He exists... just the same way you do not need to have physically seen primordial soup to believe you evolved from that.

logicboy:
3) Yes, people learn about science and God/religion in the same way; from other people's reasoning and experiences. However, unlike religion/God, we can test scientific knowledge. I know that air exists because I would suffocate in a vacuum.

Just plain bull. Ok scientifically prove to me that you evolved. I await your learned reasons.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by logicboy: 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2012
davidylan:

no but she mirrors the typical intellectually lazy attitude of the atheists here.

How do you know i have no experiences of my own? Unfortunately for you, it is not required for you to touch God to know that He exists... just the same way you do not need to have physically seen primordial soup to believe you evolved from that.

Just plain bull. Ok scientifically prove to me that you evolved. I await your learned reasons.

You must really think you have me cornered! I am not a scientist but allow me to destroy your argument;

1) you have no experiences of your own because you can not prove that God exists. Simple. The only think you can do is point to the bible. For every good thing you claim that God has done in your life, there is twice the sorrow and misery around the world for people who pray every day to the same God.

2) well, are there not fossils of hominids? What about human resistance to certain diseases? Human beings able to run faster and faster (cotinuously breaking speed records).

Common, give me harder questions. I have no degree in science as I am a business major but I am finding this to easy
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by ea7(m): 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2012
david lyan is dumb
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 16, 2012
logicboy:

You must really think you have me cornered! I am not a scientist but allow me to destroy your argument;

Ok now, we'll see...

logicboy:
1) you have no experiences of your own because you can not prove that God exists. Simple. The only think you can do is point to the bible. For every good thing you claim that God has done in your life, there is twice the sorrow and misery around the world for people who pray every day to the same God.

Neither can you prove God somehow doesnt exist now can you? The only thing you can point to is a theory you barely have a grasp on right? Seriously is this what counts as "destroying your argument"?

logicboy:
2) well, are there not fossils of hominids? What about human resistance to certain diseases? Human beings able to run faster and faster (cotinuously breaking speed records).

Ok ignorant slowpoke. You do know that the lack of a fossil record for intermediate species is one of the biggest problems that the theory of evolution has right?
So because somehow we have an athlete who is able to complete the 100m dash in less than 9 secs is evidence that we are evolving into a faster specie?

Human resistance to disease is most often down to our ability to develop antibodies to the disease (hmmm read up on vaccination pls).

logicboy:
Common, give me harder questions. I have no degree in science as I am a business major but I am finding this to easy

You failed in the basic ones i set for you. next?
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: david lyan is dumb

and you are important because? grin
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by ea7(m): 12:13am On Apr 16, 2012
davidylan:

and you are important because? grin
im sexy, ur not. thanks for playing.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by logicboy: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2012
davidylan:

Ok now, we'll see...

Neither can you prove God somehow doesnt exist now can you? The only thing you can point to is a theory you barely have a grasp on right? Seriously is this what counts as "destroying your argument"?

Ok ignorant slowpoke. You do know that the lack of a fossil record for intermediate species is one of the biggest problems that the theory of evolution has right?
So because somehow we have an athlete who is able to complete the 100m dash in less than 9 secs is evidence that we are evolving into a faster specie?

Human resistance to disease is most often down to our ability to develop antibodies to the disease (hmmm read up on vaccination pls).

You failed in the basic ones i set for you. next?

What vaccine do I need to be immune from sun burn or skin cancer from UV rays from the sun? Even my british aunt, who is 100% white doesnt get sun burnt as she has lived all her life in Nigeria. What about resistance to AIDS that is touted as a sign for evolution?

As for the fossil records, have you not heard of transitional fossils that exhibit traits of different ancestral groups? Transitional fossils exist

I can't prove that demons are not in my bedroom. Does thta mean I have to live in fear of demons? Why do you live in fear of something that you can prove?

Oh my, did I just destroy your argument again? grin grin grin grin
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 16, 2012
ea7: im sexy, ur not. thanks for playing.

ok now. cheesy
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by maclatunji: 12:50am On Apr 16, 2012
Fatie, save yourself the trouble. I know why many of the guys you are trying to learn from here claim to be atheist but as for you, it is just a sorry case of confusion. Anyway you are a woman, very soon you will leave this Atheism nonsense for this silly boys. If you ever need help, you can count on me without ridicule, just understanding.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 16, 2012
logicboy:
What vaccine do I need to be immune from sun burn or skin cancer from UV rays from the sun? Even my british aunt, who is 100% white doesnt get sun burnt as she has lived all her life in Nigeria. What about resistance to AIDS that is touted as a sign for evolution?

huh? A mutation on the Cxcr5 receptor as evidence of evolution? grin My guy just busy yourself with your business degree. You have no future in science. With regard to your nonsense earlier... have you wondered why many europeans and americans are seriously allergic to pollen while africans seem to have no problems with it? Well try looking up the cleanliness theory... nothing to do with evolution at all. Not everything that stupefies you block heads is down to evolution you know. grin

logicboy:
As for the fossil records, have you not heard of transitional fossils that exhibit traits of different ancestral groups? Transitional fossils exist

Read and weep. cheesy cheesy cheesy Obviously you have no clue.

logicboy:
I can't prove that demons are not in my bedroom. Does thta mean I have to live in fear of demons? Why do you live in fear of something that you can prove?

i dont live in fear of demons, why shld you? are they pursuing you in your sleep?

logicboy:

Oh my, did I just destroy your argument again? grin grin grin grin

yeah you did. Made my day dude. cheesy olodo rabata. Here is homework for you - find me a VALID, SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN example of a transitional life form for donkeys or cats. You have 48 hrs. grin
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by ea7(m): 1:00am On Apr 16, 2012
davidylan:

huh? A mutation on the Cxcr5 receptor as evidence of evolution? grin My guy just busy yourself with your business degree. You have no future in science. With regard to your nonsense earlier... have you wondered why many europeans and americans are seriously allergic to pollen while africans seem to have no problems with it? Well try looking up the cleanliness theory... nothing to do with evolution at all. Not everything that stupefies you block heads is down to evolution you know. grin

i dont live in fear of demons, why shld you? are they pursuing you in your sleep?

yeah you did. Made my day dude. cheesy olodo rabata. Here is homework for you - find me a VALID, SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN example of a transitional life form for donkeys or cats. You have 48 hrs. grin
i do not get the last part
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by logicboy: 1:02am On Apr 16, 2012
davidylan:

1) I notice how you managed to avoid the topic of AIDs and Evolution.

2) I think that you are just hiding yur ignorance about your own field of expertise, please educate yourself on transitional fossils http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil#Australopithecus_afarensis Why did you just dismiss it? Did it destroy your argument?

3) WTF are you trying to divert this to donkeys or cats? Human transitional fossils are there for you (read the link)

4) You live in fear of demons. Is satan not a demon lord? Are you not scared of hell as a christian?
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by mazaje(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
davidylan:

Again desperately comparing apples to oranges.

Pretty much all knowledge is accrued from the opinions and reasoning of others. That you believe you breathe in air is a fact that you were not born with but learnt through the scholarship of others. Ditto for my faith in the bible, agreed it is a compilation of the experiences, faith, belief and opinions of others... i dont merely parrot it, i have enough experiences of my own to be able to independently state my reasons for holding such faith.

You are a liar. . .You parrot the bible ALL the time. . .And the bible REMAINS the opinions,mythologies, thoughts, fantasies and imaginations of others. . .Tell me why you believe in Jesus without the bible for example. .With out the bible will you believe that the Jews(Your gods) were once the chosen race? Will you believe in virgin birth, 3 gods in one and all the nonsense you keep parroting all the time?. . .Can you explain what god is without the bible?. . .You have NO experience without the bible and as such you always run to it to explain what and who god is to you and to others. . .Enough of you stupid lies and meaningless yappings. . .

The OP on the other hand believes she is an atheist but is virtually unable to convince us of WHY she holds such belief. Rather she wants to read books/arguments she can then regurgitate as her own? Its much the same with many of you atheists here. There is virtually NO independent argument from any of u, just a mishmash of the incoherent thoughts of your gods.... and you dare accuse theists of being brain washed?

Another idiotic comment that is completely without any sense. . .Convince us why you are a christian without the bible. . .Deluded goon. . .
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by maclatunji: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
Fatie, you know God exists. Seek his guidance and don't mind these naughty people who just want to be seen to be different. The atheist just digs a bigger hole for himself and will eventually be buried in his own ignorance.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by mazaje(m): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
maclatunji: Fatie, you know God exists. Seek his guidance and don't mind these naughty people who just want to be seen to be different. The atheist just digs a bigger hole for himself and will eventually be buried in his own ignorance.

Just as all muslims will be buried in hell for rejecting jesus as the son of god. . .
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by maclatunji: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
Fatie, you know it- God exists!
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by mazaje(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
maclatunji: Fatie, you know it- God exists!

Yeah and he is a trinity. . .Go read his word, that is the bible. . .
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Dsage1: 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
Dear Theists in the house,please stop arguing with all these atheist,they are not that intelligent.I've tested them many time before and i realised that all they were doing here to proved their believes was copy and paste.

They copied text from various books and journers writn by atheists of western origin and pasted it here,claiming they are intelligent people. Please people,stop argued/telln them that God exist,they dont have the knowledge of their own to understand the fact that God actually exist.

I knew all these through their responses to the various question being asked by religions people on this forum.For instance,they alway prefare to throw your questions back to you by their usual copy and paste method rather than answering it in a logical manner.

Therefore,they are the bunches of hypocrites,bigotes,moronic and hopeless people on earth.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by LogicMind: 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2012
D sage: Dear Theists in the house,please stop arguing with all these atheist,they are not that intelligent.I've tested them many time before and i realised that all they were doing here to proved their believes was copy and paste.

They copied text from various books and journers writn by atheists of western origin and pasted it here,claiming they are intelligent people. Please people,stop argued/telln them that God exist,they dont have the knowledge of their own to understand the fact that God actually exist.

I knew all these through their responses to the various question being asked by religions people on this forum.For instance,they alway prefare to throw your questions back to you by their usual copy and paste method rather than answering it in a logical manner.

Therefore,they are the bunches of hypocrites,bigotes,moronic and hopeless people on earth.

the great christian spirit
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by brainpulse: 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logicmind

Have you seen death before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel death before, talked to death before, analysed death, empiricalized death.Why do you believe you will die? Is it because some people are dying?( then you must be crazy, death its not real). Do death tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of death? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does death operates on? What is the temperature of death? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of death"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will death die? Who gave birth to death?

Pls every question must have an answer.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by LogicMind: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
brainpulse: Logicmind

Have you seen death before( because all things must be seen before i believe), feel death before, talked to death before, analysed death, empiricalized death.Why do you believe you will die? Is it because some people are dying?( then you must be crazy, death its not real). Do death tell people "he or she or it" is coming? What is the Age of death? Does he,she or it evolve? (because all things must evolve). What principle does death operates on? What is the temperature of death? where does he, she or it stays? what does he, she or it eat? Do he, she or it have a family? what is the population of death"s" ( because he, she or it can't be the only one during all the work)? Will death die? Who gave birth to death?

why troll?
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Purist(m): 4:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
brainpulse: Logicmind

Hold on a second. Are you implying that 'death' is an entity? Like a "being" of some sort?

Regardless of your response, I just want you to realize that your questions are as asinine as they come.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 21, 2012
Purist:

Hold on a second. Are you implying that 'death' is an entity? Like a "being" of some sort?

Regardless of your response, I just want you to realize that your questions are as asinine as they come.

You would have been better off saying you have no clue how or what the answers to his questions are rather than hiding behind your finger.

What is death? Pls define.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2012
davidylan:

You would have been better off saying you have no clue how or what the answers to his questions are rather than hiding behind your finger.

Do you know what the answers are? The guy seems to be implying that death is a distinct entity. Can you please define or expound on the idea,since it seems you know the answers?
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Purist(m): 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2012
lol, David. You too?

davidylan:

And you'd have been better off watching from the stands, as it appears your fingers are running faster than your brain this time.

davidylan:

I typically would have ignored this "question" because I know you're not really interested in my response, but I'll answer you anyway. I'm curious to know why you - an otherwise intelligent person - would jump to the defense of something as stupid as this. Here are some dictionary definitions for you to ingest:

1. the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism.
2. an instance of this
3. the state of being dead

Are you done? Now slowly read the dude's questions again and ask yourself if any one of it makes any sense. I'd be worried for you if you can actually make sense out of it.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by ea7(m): 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2012
Purist: lol, David. You too?

And you'd have been better off watching from the stands, as it appears your fingers are running faster than your brain this time.

I typically would have ignored this "question" because I know you're not really interested in my response, but I'll answer you anyway. I'm curious to know why you - an otherwise intelligent person - would jump to the defense of something as stupid as this. Here are some dictionary definitions for you to ingest:

1. the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism.
2. an instance of this

Are you done? Now slowly read the dude's questions again and ask yourself if any one of it makes any sense. I'd be worried for you if you can actually make sense out of it.
ignore david dickhead, hes a troll
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 22, 2012
Martian:

Do you know what the answers are? The guy seems to be implying that death is a distinct entity. Can you please define or expound on the idea,since it seems you know the answers?

Daft. The question was simple - what is the definition of death? Period. We dont need big big english and 22 sentences to explain it. common go ahead.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 22, 2012
ea7: ignore david dickhead, hes a troll

You dont seem to understand what "trolling" means. It is extremely daft to simply bandy meaningless words around just because you've seen someone use them before.
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 22, 2012
Purist: lol, David. You too?

2. an instance of this

I'm not interested in the other person's questions, i posed mine which you at least have taken the time to answer.
Look at your definition for "death" in #1, now explain succinctly to me - what is life? Is your existence any different from that of a plant for example?
Re: To Nairaland Atheist. by thehomer: 6:57am On Apr 22, 2012
Sister fatie: I want u guys to recommend some atheists books to me ,i want to help my friends see the truth.

You can take a look at the works of Robert Green Ingersoll thought they're usually against Christianity. They're available as audiobooks and complete texts all free.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God's Oracle Has Spoken Again By Apostle Sule About Elections. / Egyptians Are Yet To Dispute The Parting Of The Red Sea. Our God Lives! / The Divine Big Bang According To The Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.