Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,937 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost (24474 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by emmatok(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Danny3230: So there is no transparency in america.soon they will come to tell us that the rise of boko haram was as a result of poverty and neglect of the region while the have neglected many countries of the world to continue their domination. I now hate that country with the highest hatred because they cannot be trusted;any country that preaches what it does not practice cannot cannot be trusted.From the information i got from BBC it shows that the details of the selection process was not made public.Countries that supported NOI should demand the details of the process and severe ties with the US if their request is not granted.I think our president should recall our ambassador to that rogue country and demand explanation.All said NOI has made us proud as Nigerians and more especially as BIAFRANS(IGBOS).Our ingenuity is once again known to the whole world.May God save us all!MAY GOD SAVE,PRESERVE AND PROTECT THE SOON TO COME REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA.Bye for now.You can reach or send an e-mail to me at danny3230@ovi.com or better still call me on +2348060695900

HA HA,

So deluded,

What transparency are you talking about, when US and EU has more higher voting power, abi na how much ur Nigeria dey pay for world-bank.

Let GEJ recall the ambassador, and see who will lose, do you think the US rely on our UNSTABLE OIL?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Why should people call you because somebody lost a job election ? Abeg,stop spamming this historical thread and move on to the romance section if you are looking for a girlfriend.Ode
Edu Colombo :
That was really a sad news. But I don't think a candidate from a developing country can lead the world's financial institution, also considering the fact (s)he is a black..... Or what do u think?I'm talking about about a situation where something that should go on merit was abondoned for some reasons;it seems you like injustice.And pleasd am not looking for a girl friend! [quote author=~Bluetooth]

Why should people call you because somebody lost a job election ? Abeg,stop spamming this historical thread and move on to the romance section if you are looking for a girlfriend.Ode
~Bluetooth:

[quote author=Edu Colombo ]That was really a sad news. But I don't think a candidate from a developing country can lead the world's financial institution, also considering the fact (s)he is a black..... Or what do u think?@ colombo:The right thing should be done no matter what!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
hmmm. This na rigging oh
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
[size=18pt]jamming to this to celebrate. grin grin grin grin grin

May D - Sound Track[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfeayWKSqmw
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
[quote author=Danny3230][/quote]

bullshi't as if that answers the question i asked.why do people have to call your number because iweala lost out on the job ? If you are not looking for a girlfriend,it means you are looking for who to scam !
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by successking: 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
NOI, more power to your elbow for you have made us proud.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Kayday(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
It's fool hardy to think dat she would have been choosen over the america's nominee. If u know the voting strength of the americans on the issue, u will not be disappointed that she didnt win. Nice trial tough. GEJ will be happy that she's still there for him.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Connoisseur(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
It woulda been the next wonder of the world if NOI had won this position. It is practically impossible given the voting rights of this institution.
Sentiments aside, the WB allocates voting rights according to the strength of contributions of member states to it. I expected the 'emerging economies' to first shore up their quota @ the bank to enable them get adequate voting power. You do not go into an election as a minority (in numbers) and expect to win. The strong economies control 54% of voting rights, how could they not win?

The WB gets the majority of it's funding from the US and Europe; it is expected they would try and protect their interests and investments (we would do more if we were in their shoes).
Also NOI's candidacy wasnt helped by 'playing the oppressed card'. Dr. Kim travelled the world seeking support for his candidacy and even convinced a major member of the emerging economies to support him, while NOI's fight was on several pages of Nl and many Internet forums and blogs.

If I were an American, I would expect nothing less from my president.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
Maybe Jonathan will set up a committee to investigate why Okonjo-Iweala didn't get the job.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
Why should people call you because somebody lost a job election ? Abeg,stop spamming this historical thread and move on to the romance section if you are looking for a girlfriend.Ode[/quote][quote author=Edu Colombo ]That was really a sad news. But I don't think a candidate from a developing country can lead the world's financial institution, also considering the fact (s)he is a black..... Or what do u think?I'm talking about about a situation where something that should go on merit was abondoned for some reasons;it seems you like injustice.And pleasd am not looking for a girl friend! [quote author=alj harem]

@alj harem;you've just said the truth
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by oluwafemim(m): 11:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nigerians can never go far in anything in this world except you i mean you and I speak the truth in the street,working place ,home and abroad.
She should have known the world has a name it calls us.The thought of her in the heart of those people is CORRUPTION.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nebeuwa: The fact that she was even being discussed as a possible head of an international financial institution is an important achievement in its own right.

Let me ask you all this, when was the last time you seen a black person, let alone a black woman, being discussed as a possible head of an international financial institution? Answer: Never

true but it is a great injustice that puts US reputation.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
HNosegbe: Maybe Jonathan will set up a committee to investigate why Okonjo-Iweala didn't get the job.
@ author you're right but he start by recalling our ambassador and severing all diplomatic relations with tha rogue state
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
HNosegbe: Maybe Jonathan will set up a committee to investigate why Okonjo-Iweala didn't get the job.
@ author you're right but he start by recalling our ambassador and severing all diplomatic relations with that rogue state
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2012

grin cheesy grin

payback is a bit'ch. . . .lets what jonathan with all his support is going to say about this.why has Abati not issue a condolence statement for iweala ?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by oluwafemim(m): 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
It is not about being black or She came from a developing country or She is a woman.For us to be looking @ life from that angular point is not right but from the angle that we must subdue the BAD image we gave ourselves.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
Connoisseur: It woulda been the next wonder of the world if NOI had won this position. It is practically impossible given the voting rights of this institution.
Sentiments aside, the WB allocates voting rights according to the strength of contributions of member states to it. I expected the 'emerging economies' to first shore up their quota @ the bank to enable them get adequate voting power. You do not go into an election as a minority (in numbers) and expect to win. The strong economies control 54% of voting rights, how could they not win?

The WB gets the majority of it's funding from the US and Europe; it is expected they would try and protect their interests and investments (we would do more if we were in their shoes).
Also NOI's candidacy wasnt helped by 'playing the oppressed card'. Dr. Kim travelled the world seeking support for his candidacy and even convinced a major member of the emerging economies to support him, while NOI's fight was on several pages of Nl and many Internet forums and blogs.

If I were an American, I would expect nothing less from my president.
posts should be given by merit not by any other means. NOI might be the messiah that the US need for their economic transformation.On Biafra i stand!

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by ypzilanti: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
But you all knew she was never going to get it, didnt you? Obama cannot afford to have his nominee lose in an election year. The republicans would tear him up.Did our government not know this? I am just an avid follower of politics...not an expert, and I knew this.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by fhankie: 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
She stood no chance agains Mr Kim who was "nominated (appionted)" by the US who to me controls the affair of the World Bank. No business man in his right senses will invest so much money and put a total stranger to see to the running. We Africans need to start seeing things differently and stop been cajoled by the politics and politricking by the western world.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
Congratulations, Kim!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
fhankie: She stood no chance agains Mr Kim who was "nominated (appionted)" by the US who to me controls the affair of the World Bank. No business man in his right senses will invest so much money and put a total stranger to see to the running. We Africans need to start seeing things differently and stop been cajoled by the politics and politricking by the western world.
The truth is that we allow sentiment to dictate for us, it's another problem we have when addressing important issue in Nigeria.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
all4naija: Congratulations, Kim!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

''Impossicant''. . . grin
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by otokx(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
How much does Nigeria contribute to the world bank vis a vis the USA? Lets be reasonable for once.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
otokx: How much does Nigeria contribute to the world bank vis a vis the USA? Lets be reasonable for once.

but you are not new here to know that tribalism has prevented so many folks from reasoning reasonably !
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex: [size=18pt]jamming to this to celebrate. grin grin grin grin grin

May D - Sound Track[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfeayWKSqmw
No need answering answering ur useless question.I wanted people with similar aspiration to call me not ur type.may be u will now say bul-urine!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
Danny3230: No need answering answering ur useless question.I wanted people with similar aspiration to call me not ur type.may be u will now say bul-urine!

humpty dumpty. . .so far,how many peeps have called you ? cheesy Anyways,you got me lmao @ bul-urine grin funny dude,i tell ya
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
Danny3230: No need answering answering ur useless question.I wanted people with similar aspiration to call me not ur type.may be u will now say bul-urine!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Says a village headmaster.. grin grin grin grin

You and I don't even belong in the same league - a mere look at your profile pic, says a lot about the emptiness in your brain... Thank God, I don't have the same aspirations as an uneducated, neanderthal looking midget like you...

Carry on!!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Says a village headmaster.. grin grin grin grin

You and I don't even belong in the same league - a mere look at your profile pic, says a lot about the emptiness in your brain... Thank God, I don't have the same aspirations as an uneducated, neanderthal looking midget like you...

Carry on!!

Lmao. . .dude looks like one of those hungry pastor.Is that his mum or wife ? I guess he is tired of that fat ugly muchemuche,no wonder he wanted NL ladies to call him.see hin tie sef like office clerk.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by ZUBY77(m): 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
gboss4sure:

Talk what you know. Is she the legislature that signed off the removal or is she the president. Sometimes i do wonder how dull some peoples brain are.

Oh my, can we safely declare that she had nothing to do with the removal of fuel subsidy ? Are you that silly that you forgot she is part of the administration ? If you dad sent you to steal and you get caught, what does that make you?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by kokoA(m): 12:23am On Apr 17, 2012
Now we go hear word abi? But to be frank,I can't believe that some Nigerians actually thought NOI could win that election. Hahahahahahah. The US comits billions of her tax payers money to funding the world bank every year and some people think they should just allow an outsider to come and run the show for them. What kind of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop way of reasoning is that? Lets face the fact here, mr. Kim was a better candidate than our Ngozi. A man who have gone round the poorest countries of the world fighting poverty and deseases which is one of the primary aim of the world bank and a woman have only sat in the office doing paper works without knowing what is really hapening in the field cannot be in thesame category.The world bank has well defined structures and quality profesionals as members of its workforce already so you do not need an economist to run the the place. The perfect person for the job is someone who have witnessed first hand what the problems facing the underdeveloped are and how the world bank can assist in reducing such problems, not somebody that will come and be reading plenty economic jagons on tv. Having said that I salute and respect the courage of our madam NOI.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by amosy007: 12:33am On Apr 17, 2012

hahahaha i cant laff abeg
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Marlboro1: 12:35am On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex: loser

You may call her a loser but you are nothing but a buffoon who is not even fit to lick her spit. Think about that eediot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Anger Swells Against South-east Governors - NewTelegraphOnline.com / What Will Happen If Buhari Rejects Onnoghen’s Resignation – Clarke / WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.