Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost (24475 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by opribo(m): 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
if she was Yoruba now all the media would have been siging her praises just because she is Ibo they were helping to drag her down even in her own country. Compare with her opponent that received massive support from his home country. Dont worry NOI, you have made your mark the world have seen and we Ndigbo are proud of you. No matter what happens we love you and we know oneday they will know who truly you are and what you represent to Nigeria, and as for those gullible Nigerians that were beefing you all you need to do to them is just simply remove the whole part of the oil subsidy let them taste a bit of their own medicine.

But then for the sake of ndigbo spare them and let them wallow in their ignorance. Weldone our lovely NOI we are solidly behind you.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
NSNA: [size=16pt]So let it be known that Nigerians are not all that bad.
When they were looking for a new Pope
It was said that a Nigerian was most likely to become the new Pope then.
A Nigeria almost became the world bank president.
Nigerians are the most educated Immigrants in the USA
Nigerians are working hard in all kinds of professional and manual jobs around the world.

BUT YOU NIGERIANS - STOP CALLING EACH OTHER DAMAGING NAMES

If Okonjo were to win that post, the damaging names from Nigerians alone is enough for the damage.[/size]

Obama doesnt like ibos,that is it.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Zobaen: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nne u hav tried, it's nt easy.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Finally, Kim Kardasian takes it. I hope they're happy with their US world bank. I think developing countries should withdraw from this scam called "world" bank and create a new bank for developing countries. African countries should also look towards the African development bank.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nebeuwa(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Novice1: [/b][b]

Tell that to the masses whose cost of living tripled afterwards

No one said it would be easy. Just look at what Greece is going through.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by nous(f): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
The world is waiting for me.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by olajide8(m): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
I guess at this stage nigerian's and those in power will start to understand what it feels like when the most qualified is denied a position due to nepotism well this is how good it can be at the highest level for nigeria OBAMA has proven his point again we are just a geographical expression that needs to better regroup our selves and play a lead role in the united states of africa

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
manchy7531:

your grandfather was a loser, your father is a loser,am not surprised he gave birth to a loser like you too.foolish one Nigerian,idiot.

Afam bu Afam Inshiworji and i endorse this curse.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by omoredia: 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ngozi D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ crase o! We haven't made head way with our economy she wan go do world bank tin to make the whole world anoda nigerian mess. Abeg madam beta cut ur ankara accordin to ur size! *vexin* who D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ compare American stuff to naija tin? Make we face facts abeg!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by GboyegaD(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
gboss4sure: Just because she is black and african.

Sentiments. There you go again. What has been her achievements in reducing poverty and corruption in Nigeria? Someone who stands in full support of Jonathan and his corrupt officials in glare public and trying to take us all as fools or do you think records are not kept. I believe if she had not rubbished herself with the Nigerian politics, Obama and other developed countries might have supported her considering her pedigree and she might have gotten the position.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Hezzymania(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
nigerias economic recession is enough for her to lose...let her come back home and do things right before aiming for international stage...
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Jilo83(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
Racism!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by amosy007: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nebeuwa:

Now she is responsible for the blood of innocent Nigerians? The way some of you reason, I am not surprised that Nigeria has remained backwards. You all remind me of the poor Southern whites in the United States who vote against their own interest.

I do not really like to partake in such discussions, but the subsidy removal made ECONOMIC sense.

yeah economic sense that made u to pay more while u get less... Economic sense that gave u 24hrs uninterupted power supply in ur area abi? That also gave u standard hospital mtchew
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by nedostic: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
I believe Prof Ngozi Okonja Iweala has done well by contesting. Methinks, its much more important for her to turn around our economy rather than being a world bank president.She really needs to put in a lot of efforts on our ailing economy.I am yet to see any meaningful impact of her economic with financial strategies on the nation's economy,so far,the economy still lacks financial discipline and it has been business as usual.

She needs to assert herself considering her wealth of experience and intellectual dexterity.More so, its time she came up with home-grown policies rather than World Bank or IMF policies that are majorly out of tunes with the workings of the Nigerian economy.There is no gainsaying the fact that our economy is crying for an immediate help!

If only our politicians and their sycophants would reduce their penchant and desire for large scale corruption and financial recklessness, our economy would be better for it. No matter how hard Okonjo Iweala tries, she still needs the political will to succeed and this where I expect our humble President to fully support her if of a truth he is really passionate about moving the nation forward.

I wish the new IBRD President(Dr. Jim Yong Kim) success,though the task is enormous but I am sure he would perform considering his background and expertise on poverty amelioration.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by fm7070: 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
This is purely bad politics at the international level.
That son of a monkey called Obama has proved himself as an 1diot and bad politician
If such bad politics was played with him, he wouldn't have been the US president by now
For those not wishing Okonjo well, I sorry for you. The woman meant well, she's good and will continue to shine at international level
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by olaezebala: 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya! how come she no come win now? and she done do her part by preaching for the subsidy removal oooooo?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Koolking(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
It's all water under the bridge now. What impact would OI's emergence as World bank president have had on Nigeria? If not Global personality profile, and how would that have helped Nigeria in its current unending economic quagmire? Among the closely knitted (profiles) candidates, Ocampo would have made the best president with his experience and intimidated profile.

While the whole selection process lasted, I never believed in the competencies of OI. Me thinks, she would have gone in there and become an arm-chair president, 'yes sir' executive to the west, thrusting western policies on Africa and specially Nigeria as her preffered partner. I practically withdrew the deep respect I had for this woman during the fuel subsidy imbroglio. I was embarrasingly disappointed when she made a comment that Nigeria's development and growth hinge on fuel subsidy removal. I thought she was more intelligent than that.

The selection panel knew she had lost credibility in her home front. However, good for Kim but he was not the best person for the job. Ocampo was. My thoughts

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Raxxye(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
Novice1: With the blood of those who lost their lives and livelihoods and those whose lives became ever impoverished by the fuel price hike on her head, i doubted if she was gonna make it.

Are u ok? What a mentality u‘ve got! So sad u could type a thing like this!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by GboyegaD(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
Hezzymania: what if she was even chosen...she has'nt done well here in her country...is it at d world stage she will...nigerias ecomomic state is enough a reason 4 her lose...
This is so true. She has supported the corrupts in the country and forgotten that events are recorded for history and posterity sake. It is so unfortunate that Nigerians are always sentimental and bias in their reasoning as seen from most response here.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Ejine(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
Laila Ikeji: [size=13pt]But come to think of it, if Okonjo had won, wat do u think will be Obama's chances of ruling America the second time?[/size]

Hmmmmmmmm. . .
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva: Finally, Kim Kardasian takes it. I hope they're happy with their US world bank. I think developing countries should withdraw from this scam called "world" bank and create a new bank for developing countries. African countries should also look towards the African development bank.

Why are you so bitter now besides she still retains her ministerial post ? grin
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Na wa 4 US o..a public health official as world bank boss.US cant tell nigeria about fair politics because they ve realy flaunt it to the world how unfair they are!.. Just because she is not an american and more so a black 4 dat matter..smh
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Afam4eva(m): 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Koolking: It's all water under the bridge now. What impact would OI's emergence as World bank president have had on Nigeria? If not Global personality profile, and how would that have helped Nigeria in its current unending economic quagmire? Among the closely knitted (profiles) candidates, Ocampo would have made the best president with his experience and intimidated profile.

While the whole selection process lasted, I never believed in the competencies of OI. Me thinks, she would have gone in there and become an arm-chair president, 'yes sir' executive to the west, thrusting western policies on Africa and specially Nigeria as her preffered partner. I practically withdrew the deep respect I had for this woman during the fuel subsidy imbroglio. I was embarrasingly disappointed when she made a comment that Nigeria's development and growth hinge on fuel subsidy removal. I thought she was more intelligent than that.

The selection panel knew she had lost credibility in her home front. However, good for Kim but he was not the best person for the job. Ocampo was. My thoughts

Your post reeks of 1diocy sir. You think NOI will be more American than an American. How do some of you even reason. How bad can NOI's presidency of the world bank be for Africa. There's a saying that "The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know".
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by terimama: 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
That's d way d story goes.....pop! goes the weasel!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by stillme(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
Neverthess,i'm proud of her. She gives me hope that something good can out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Koolking(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
nedostic: [b]I believe Prof Ngozi Okonja Iweala has done well by contesting. Methinks, its much more important for her to turn around our economy rather than being a world bank president.She really needs to put in a lot of efforts on our ailing economy.I am yet to see any meaningful impact of her economic with financial strategies on the nation's economy,so far,the economy still lacks financial discipline and it has been business as usual.

She needs to assert herself considering her wealth of experience and intellectual dexterity.More so, its time she came up with home-grown policies rather than World Bank or IMF policies that are majorly out of tunes with the workings of the Nigerian economy.There is no gainsaying the fact that our economy is crying for an immediate help!

If only our politicians and their sycophants would reduce their penchant and desire for large scale corruption and financial recklessness, our economy would be better for it. No matter how hard Okonjo Iweala tries, she still needs the political will to succeed and this where I expect our humble President to fully support her if of a truth he is really passionate about moving the nation forward.[/b]

I wish the new IBRD President(Dr. Jim Yong Kim) success,though the task is enormous but I am sure he would perform considering his background and expertise on poverty amelioration.

+100 Good one folk. Charity begins at home. I am not surprise she lost
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by amosy007: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
ZUBY77: Relax my people. She can't head World Bank. Lets face it, we are agitated here because she is from our country. The same reason why we want the Nigerian President to come from our geo political zone without considering what he will do when he gets there. I know Dr. Kim is a health expert but hey, he suceeded in everything he has done. In the other hand, Mrs fuel subsidy nearly caused a revolution in a small Nigeria. She needs to be managed to perform well.
help me tell them o!
May be they taught the world would be tribalistic like the biafrians, oduas, bokonistans and ijaw nations...that doesnt care if the whole world burns as long as it is there own ruling... They thot obama wil embrace her becoz she z black... They forgot that ur success speaks louder than experience... I just hope we wnt buy fuel for N400/liter nw that she is back...

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by obayaya(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
ireti123: Makes one wonder why a select few world powers has more than 50% voting right(veto)? Yet we all clamour for democracy. The US nomination of an Asian American was actually a very smart political move. Many lessons in international politics from this!

D 50% vote controlled by d developed countries all went 4 mr kim.. How d hell is d other 2 suppose 2 compete? 2 hell with america and europe. #modernimperialism

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Siga: 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2012
angry Dont know why anyone is surprised....rubbish.... angry
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Goldenskin: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
Well I wasn't surprised cos I was actually expecting it. Come on did u guys actually think the US will set up a fund to help developing nations ,regularly make deposits into the account from their hard earned money and allow someone from a developing nation whom they can't completely control manage their money Hell no. I would have done the same if I were in their shoes.It's their money, they can do whatsoever they like with it as well as appoint anyone they like to oversee its administration.Nigerians should stop being sentimental.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by amosy007: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2012
opribo: if she was Yoruba now all the media would have been siging her praises just because she is Ibo they were helping to drag her down even in her own country. Compare with her opponent that received massive support from his home country. Dont worry NOI, you have made your mark the world have seen and we Ndigbo are proud of you. No matter what happens we love you and we know oneday they will know who truly you are and what you represent to Nigeria, and as for those gullible Nigerians that were beefing you all you need to do to them is just simply remove the whole part of the oil subsidy let them taste a bit of their own medicine.

But then for the sake of ndigbo spare them and let them wallow in their ignorance. Weldone our lovely NOI we are solidly behind you.

kai! Are u human being at all?

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by mufc009(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2012
"There's just no comparison
between him and NOI.One is a political
insider,spent most of his/her lives getting rich or becoming
politically powerful, or worse and one in contrast, has spent most of his/her life trying to improve the lives of poor people."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Will Happen If Buhari Rejects Onnoghen’s Resignation – Clarke / WTO Elections: Odds Against Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala / Keep Off Nnamdi Kanu’s Case, 52 Northern Groups Tell UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.