Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost (24473 Views)

Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by aljharem(m): 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Obama must pay for this.It's going to be do or die !

Bluetooth, o ti to, Is it not time we grow up a bit. Yes their are times you fun of things but not this.

Bigotry would not take us anywhere my brother.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by andyanders: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ngozi, No matter what you went through, you are a model to us and the entire world. You have made history, come bac home, we all love you. A pride to the all African and black race
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
mufc009: Ngozi is a political insiders; she spent most of her lives getting rich or becoming politically powerful, or worse.
Kim, by contrast, has spent most of his life trying to improve the lives of poor people."

She must be very powerful indeed. . .for her to be so 'plural', with more than one life for that matter. I bet she's also a Man U fans.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
alj harem:

Bluetooth, o ti to, Is it not time we grow up a bit. Yes their are times you fun of things but not this.

Bigotry would not take us anywhere my brother.

Dont blame me,blame Obama for not picking her.Btw,maybe she should come and contest for Nigeria presidency come 2015 to prove obama wrong that she is good to go.mada awon guys lohun jare,sa ma wo ntie.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2012
pro01:

She must be very powerful indeed. . .for her to be so 'plural', with more than one life for that matter. I bet she's also a Chelsea fans.

Only man u fans are know to be arrogant and manipulative.I guess she's a man u fan !
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by solomon111(m): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
Well,The U.S has shown us how hypocritical they can be.
Let me see what kim will do for africa,that yoruba bigots said NOI cannot do.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Youhesh(m): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
alj harem:

Probably but I would not support a foreigner against a Nigerian not matter how corrupt or good the Nigerian is.
How do you expect Nigeria or Africa to progress with this type of sentiments. There is really no hope for Nigeria.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Tropilo(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
@Shymmex: Thank you very much for bad-belly filled comparison. You went to Wikipedia and carefully culled out Dr. Kim's profile and instead of doing same for Dr. Iwuala, you decided to play your antics out.
Its really unfortunate the way we take and wish ourselves bad in this country. If we could just be a little bit more supportive of our country and our countrymen/women this country will achieve greatness but alas we our own major draw back to greatness.
Many of us are very good at condemning and criticking honest endeavours for parochial reasons. Its really really saddening!
@OP: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwuala, did us all proud. She did not contest the position with Dr. Kim, but against the US and its allies. Mr. Kims CV does not fit IBRD aka World Bank, they should have sent him to WHO (whatever happened to putting square pegs in square holes).
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by aljharem(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
Youhesh: How do you expect Nigeria or Africa to progress with this type of sentiments. There is really no hope for Nigeria.

Because in the international stage their is corruption !!!

Yes in Nigeria I would not tolerate corruption but when been represented outside yes I would support
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2012
alj harem:

Go to the previous page, Yes I did and even used yoruba to talk to them. BTW thanks for your understanding.

Ok, I will try to play my own part, although I do not hold authority over anyone...

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by aljharem(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dont blame me,blame Obama for not picking her.Btw,maybe she should come and contest for Nigeria presidency come 2015 to prove obama wrong that she is good to go.mada awon guys lohun jare,sa ma wo ntie.

I know but your utterance here is unhealthy and you know that right ?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Youhesh(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ayatullah: The late Great and Respectable AYATULLAH KHOMEINI has said it all that America is the GREAT SATAN. This is a proof of his wise saying no doubt!
Go blow bomb, if na so e pain u reach. Nonsense Bokoharamist.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
So there is no transparency in america.soon they will come to tell us that the rise of boko haram was as a result of poverty and neglect of the region while the have neglected many countries of the world to continue their domination. I now hate that country with the highest hatred because they cannot be trusted;any country that preaches what it does not practice cannot cannot be trusted.From the information i got from BBC it shows that the details of the selection process was not made public.Countries that supported NOI should demand the details of the process and severe ties with the US if their request is not granted.I think our president should recall our ambassador to that rogue country and demand explanation.All said NOI has made us proud as Nigerians and more especially as BIAFRANS(IGBOS).Our ingenuity is once again known to the whole world.May God save us all!MAY GOD SAVE,PRESERVE AND PROTECT THE SOON TO COME REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA.Bye for now.You can reach or send an e-mail to me at danny3230@ovi.com or better still call me on +2348060695900
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
Tropilo: @Shymmex: Thank you very much for bad-belly filled comparison. You went to Wikipedia and carefully culled out Dr. Kim's profile and instead of doing same for Dr. Iwuala, you decided to play your antics out.
Its really unfortunate the way we take and wish ourselves bad in this country. If we could just be a little bit more supportive of our country and our countrymen/women this country will achieve greatness but alas we our own major draw back to greatness.
Many of us are very good at condemning and criticking honest endeavours for parochial reasons. Its really really saddening!
@OP: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwuala, did us all proud. She did not contest the position with Dr. Kim, but against the US and its allies. Mr. Kims CV does not fit IBRD aka World Bank, they should have sent him to WHO (whatever happened to putting square pegs in square holes).

May be you need to preach your sermon to Ngozi - when she paid herself $240,000 from our money, instead of the $6,000 she was entitled to. And may be she should have done the same before robbing us of $16billion... GTFOH!!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2012
NOI's intelligence is overrated and it's no surprise now the extent of incompetence that GEJ's administration continue to display to the consternation of the whole world. Is it not the NOI's of this world that are the so called "egg heads" in his administration? The failure of the administration is now becoming easier to explain as GEJ himself, a clueless leader, has wittingly surrounded himself with failures left, right and center. A woman that willingly agreed to add failure to her CV has failed more than failure itself.

She has worked in the bank for years. She knows the rule before entering the race. China did not support her, Russia would hear none of it.Brazil said count me out, Japan said mbanu, Europe said don't even go there. But the subsidy lady whose only economic policy she was taught in school is how to remove subsidy on the first day of January embarked on media frenzy deluding herself in the vain endorsements of New york Times , FT and Economist and at every opportunity reminded doubting thomases she remained African candidate. Angola, Congo, a very discredited South African Regime, Nigeria (who perhaps need her more than the world bank if her so called prowess is assumed to be true), Malawi, Togo etc, I no fit laugh o, were supporting her bid.
Even Ghana could see the doom in her bid and rightly said count me out!

Even attempts to inform the irredeemable jingoists and unrepentant tribalists here on Nairaland of the vanity of her bid fell on deaf ears. Perhaps they thought PDP would rig the election in her favor. For a country so mired in monumental economic woes to be fighting to head world bank presenting the supposedly messiah of her economic recovery team speaks volume of intellectual poverty that is afflicting they very top leadership in this country.
Did he not go to Washington to beg her to come and become Nigeria de facto prime Minister and the turned around to willingly send her back to a position that's largely symbolic and would add nothing but woes to Nigeria's economy?

Infact, let GEJ take an IQ test and publish the results for the whole world to see. He is the most incompetent, clueless, confused character to have ever been the Nigerian president. Colombia did not bother to even support a foreign based "player" who was campaigning for what's not achievable. That's a strategic country.

The same clueless characters are now campaigning for 2015 when we have not even spent the first half of 2012. The same characters are manufacturing patently laughable security reports to discredit credible opposition while the epicentre of violence, they should be fighting, widens day in day out with the incompetent team headed by the clueless leader dishing out prophesy on daily basis on how the menace would suddenly disappear in June.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by jmaine: 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
[size=18pt]Some tripe we get to read from folks with their sorry low life attacking people way above their level . . .[/size]
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by dubem3(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ alj harem:
i must confess i don't have a really nice picture of you in my head but what you are doing here right now is about to change all that. We kill ourselves and then scream MURDER.
Let the boys have fun while they are competing for the most dim witted fellow. I think you should relax.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
bayooooooo: NOI's intelligence is overrated and it's no surprise now the extent of incompetence that GEJ's administration continue to display to the consternation of the whole world. Is it not the NOI's of this world that are the so called "egg heads" in his administration? The failure of the administration is now becoming easier to explain as GEJ himself, a clueless leader, has wittingly surrounded himself with failures left, right and center. A woman that willingly agreed to add failure to her CV has failed more than failure itself.

She has worked in the bank for years. She knows the rule before entering the race. China did not support her, Russia would hear none of it.Brazil said count me out, Japan said mbanu, Europe said don't even go there. But the subsidy lady whose only economic policy she was taught in school is how to remove subsidy on the first day of January embarked on media frenzy deluding herself in the vain endorsements of New york Times , FT and Economist and at every opportunity reminded doubting thomases she remained African candidate. Angola, Congo, a very discredited South African Regime, Nigeria (who perhaps need her more than the world bank if her so called prowess is assumed to be true), Malawi, Togo etc, I no fit laugh o, were supporting her bid.
Even Ghana could see the doom in her bid and rightly said count me out!

Even attempts to inform the irredeemable jingoists and unrepentant tribalists here on Nairaland of the vanity of her bid fell on deaf ears. Perhaps they thought PDP would rig the election in her favor. For a country so mired in monumental economic woes to be fighting to head world bank presenting the supposedly messiah of her economic recovery team speaks volume of intellectual poverty that is afflicting they very top leadership in this country.
Did he not go to Washington to beg her to come and become Nigeria de facto prime Minister and the turned around to willingly send her back to a position that's largely symbolic and would add nothing but woes to Nigeria's economy?

Infact, let GEJ take an IQ test and publish the results for the whole world to see. He is the most incompetent, clueless, confused character to have ever been the Nigerian president. Colombia did not bother to even support a foreign based "player" who was campaigning for what's not achievable. That's a strategic country.

The same clueless characters are now campaigning for 2015 when we have not even spent the first half of 2012. The same characters are manufacturing patently laughable security reports to discredit credible opposition while the epicentre of violence, they should be fighting, widens day in day out with the incompetent team headed by the clueless leader dishing out prophesy on daily basis on how the menace would suddenly disappear in June.

GBAM!!
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Youhesh(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
alj harem:

Because in the international stage their is corruption !!!

Yes in Nigeria I would not tolerate corruption but when been represented outside yes I would support
Your comments only goes to show how unprincipled you are. If you can be so sentimental and biased on the international stage, then what stops u from doing the same in d national level when someone from your tribe is vying for a position - political or otherwise?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by noiseless: 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
With the world bank presidency or not, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala remains a winner! Nothing more nothing less.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3: @ alj harem:
i must confess i don't have a really nice picture of you in my head but what you are doing here right now is about to change all that. We kill ourselves and then scream MURDER.
Let the boys have fun while they are competing for the most dim witted fellow. I think you should relax.

Cry baby,who collect your feeder ? Huh
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by treasuremi1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
as others have said,congrats for puttin up courage and confidence.but our country needs you more madam.why not direct your resources to help our economy
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by antartica(m): 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Cry baby,who collect your feeder ? Huh

Here goes the hangman again,an agent of death.All that attracts you is negativity.You are always on the other side.Always on the losers side.

Have you got blood in you at all?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
antartica:

Here goes the hangman again,an agent of death.All that attracts you is negativity.You are always on the other side.Always on the losers side.

Have you got blood in you at all?

This gay sef. . . .why do you like snooping on me ?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
America has shown that they are not transparent.So they should stop preaching it.This is tribalism and ethnicism at the highest order. I Think Nigeria should severe all diplomatic ties with US; they cannot be relied on.The report i got from BBC online indicates that the details of the exercise was was not made public, 'WHY'? They should stop fueling chaos in our country by giving inaccurate information on the security challenges facing our country.Thanks to NOI who has once again shown the world our prowess on financial and business sphere.She has further shown that Nigerians indeed BAFRANS possess better brain than theirs.Africans and other developing countries have been mistreated because they are poor.May God will be done so there will be will justice on earth.She still has other areas to contribute to the betterment of the world;all hope is not lost.African countries including the BRICS should set up their own bank or continue to be slave to the west.They have just failed NOI for their selfish ends.I now hate the west with red hatred:i can now see their true colours.May God bless the soon coming federal republic of BIAFRA.May He protect,guide,preserve and bring it to actualisation.Peace be to whoever loves peace and war to whoever hates peace.Bye for now!You can e-mail me @ danny3230@ovi.com or call on:+2348060695900 i need good friends with similar aspiration.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by nigerbabe: 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
story!!!!!!! Charity begins at home

she claimed to have resigned from WB in order to fix her Economy so where she dey go?
recently she stated that our Economy is at the verge of collapsing-which is attributable to her .
able
Make we trash sentiment and face fact---Kim did a lot of Charitable things but she spearheaded d subsidy removal just 2 impoverish d poor the more and you thinks the world don't have ears.

Madam NOI, fix your home and stop confusing your people with grammar.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by jason123: 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2012
jmaine: [size=18pt]Some tripe we get to read about folks with their sorry low life attacking people way above their level . . .[/size grin grin]
grin
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by EduColombo(m): 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
That was really a sad news. But I don't think a candidate from a developing country can lead the world's financial institution, also considering the fact (s)he is a black..... Or what do u think?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
Danny3230: America has shown that they are not transparent.So they should stop preaching it.This is tribalism and ethnicism at the highest order. I Think Nigeria should severe all diplomatic ties with US; they cannot be relied on.The report i got from BBC online indicates that the details of the exercise was was not made public, 'WHY'? They should stop fueling chaos in our country by giving inaccurate information on the security challenges facing our country.Thanks to NOI who has once again shown the world our prowess on financial and business sphere.She has further shown that Nigerians indeed BAFRANS possess better brain than theirs.Africans and other developing countries have been mistreated because they are poor.May God will be done so there will be will justice on earth.She still has other areas to contribute to the betterment of the world;all hope is not lost.African countries including the BRICS should set up their own bank or continue to be slave to the west.They have just failed NOI for their selfish ends.I now hate the west with red hatred:i can now see their true colours.May God bless the soon coming federal republic of BIAFRA.May He protect,guide,preserve and bring it to actualisation.Peace be to whoever loves peace and war to whoever hates peace.Bye for now!You can e-mail me @ danny3230@ovi.com or call on:+2348060695900 i need good friends with similar aspiration.

Why should people call you because somebody lost a job election ? Abeg,stop spamming this historical thread and move on to the romance section if you are looking for a girlfriend.Ode
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by merengue: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
Are you guys for real? You actually thought NOI would win? Its an election year in the USA, if Obama had lost the World Bank, he would have kissed re-election goodbye. How much is the voting percentage held by Nigeria and those who supported NOI? How much do they contribute financially to the organization? The USA and Europe need the Bretton Woods institutions now more than ever so as to create jobs and boost their own economies and these institutions remain the best ways of achieving that. The BRIC nations are dictating to the world today yet none of their citizens have ever headed these two institutions. Lets copy them and stop screaming "tribalism" and "racism" like senseless goats.
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by CyberG: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
Europe, Americas, Japan and other countries chose Kim perhaps because he travelled around to rally interest and momentum for his candidature. Racism and ethnic considerations may also have played a big part BUT I am surprised ANY Nairalander is surprised because this is the same thing a large number do all day: Racism, bigotry, separationism, ethnicism and defending any wrongs so far the doer is from your tribe.

I hope every Nigerian learns from this that the whole world is watching how we handle our affairs and if the people in the country make Nigeria such a joke, who will entrust worldwide institutions into our hands?
Re: World Bank Officially Selects Kim As President-ngozi Okonjo-iweala Lost by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Why should people call you because somebody lost a job election ? Abeg,stop spamming this historical thread and move on to the romance section if you are looking for a girlfriend.Ode
[quote author=Edu Colombo ]That was really a sad news. But I don't think a candidate from a developing country can lead the world's financial institution, also considering the fact (s)he is a black..... Or what do u think?I'm talking about about a situation where something that should go on merit was abondoned for some reasons;it seems you like injustice.And pleasd am not looking for a girl friend!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Street Traders And Hawkers Protest In Lagos / Photo Of Baby Dressed To Celebrate Independence Day / Reno Omokri: Nnamdi Kanu's Influence Reducing Because Of His Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.