Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,186 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers (9211 Views)

Nigerian Guy Narrates How Father In-law Made Him Sleep With Lady He Had Sex With / 8 Ways To Flirt Without Saying A Single Word / How Do Guys Cope With More Than One Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by racoon8995(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
I keep seeing threads bout ladies that are desperate to marry and find a man..am i missing smtin here? Ladies how dyu expect to find/meet a good guy when u put up such shitty attitudes? And even if u arnt in d single category it doesnt take anything frm you to be nice and polite in the way you show your uninterest.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by skibochi(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
Just be cocky, smell nice, look good..smell of money, have the money and engage them ladies. It aaaaaaalways works for me. All that yes/no/i don't know answer no day work with $$$$$ around.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by racoon8995(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Amazing how the same dumb monosyllabic chic you were previously talking to would start jumping all over you the moment she realizes you drove there in a range rover
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by pendo89(f): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
Skii: This goes without saying

It depends on the platform from which you are making the conversation. In this regard, I take it that you are speaking to ladies from the approacher or potential toaster point of view.
smiley

Depending on the quality of the lady as well as your own quality and especially what you say (since most women are moved by what they hear), the first moments are very important. smiley
What you say, don't say or how you say what you say determines the level of responses you get and I daresay regardless of the mood, except she has been befallen by some extreme tragedy which is hardly the case.
smiley
Advice, too much preparation for conversation and too much confidence building dey kill. You have to work yourself up to that natural masculine level of confidence that can get you into any conversation with anybody and sustain it. [/b]

Now that man understands it well.

[b]very very important. Those who haven't mastered the art of talk use money to entice. And they boast of winning any girl.It works.But you are still a loser if you cant charm your way into a girl's heart through talk! not pocket.

Theres nothing worse than a man who tries too hard to strike a conversation and sustain it. Some ask the wrong questions at the right time. Others ask right questions at the wrong time.
Some men have mastered it and what they do is read the girl before bombarding her with unnecessary queries.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Impulse80(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
I dont have any problem with gurls,in fact these days i end up being the one who is toasted, both by gurls as well these bloody homos. It is amazing when i hear this kind of stories, just luk gud and no gurl could resist you!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by steve111222333: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2012
Is everybody here referring to one female here because there must be so many other fine ladies out there that you can talk to. It's not by force to have a conversation. If she no wan yan, respect her wishes and find someone else. Life's too short and everybody get cross to carry.

Easy
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by gatchy: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
pendo89: Yes I am guilty of this.Will tell you why and when I use it.
1. If I am to busy concentrating on something and he keeps pestering when I have no time for stories I use yes /no/later /wait.
At that moment my concentration on him is 2%
2. If I am very bored or moody and don't feel like talking.At times you just want some peace and quiteness. So one word answers work.
3. If I want to create suspense and make you probe further ie if I am in a happy mood.I will always explain if you probe cz that is the fun am getting at.
4. If you are a plain bore and I have no interest.I use them to politely cut you off instead of being direct and rude. Its for you to sense I have no interest and leave me alone.
Note.If a girl is into you she will keep stealing glances and checking your face and body. If not she looks the other way while giving short answers.

Thanks babe-you are da bomb.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by warrior101: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
pendo89:

Now that man understands it well.

very very important. Those who haven't mastered the art of talk use money to entice. And they boast of winning any girl.It works.But you are still a loser if you cant charm your way into a girl's heart through talk! not pocket.

Theres nothing worse than a man who tries too hard to strike a conversation and sustain it. Some ask the wrong questions at the right time. Others ask right questions at the wrong time.
Some men have mastered it and what they do is read the girl before bombarding her with unnecessary queries.

I have been watching this topic like forever... You sound like a perfectionist from what you've been saying. Not that's its bad or good but i think you should slow down because everything has +/- side to it... Guys are humans and should be seen as one...

These kind of girls are to be seen as men haterz... They think we should be like this and that or do it like this and that before this and that can happen whereas they themselves are not good... (now i am not referring you you here my dear brother sister)... Cheerio
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by dayokanu(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ask her why are you giving one word answers or do you feel more comfortable in Vernacular?
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by osasp(m): 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
hmmm its annoying. ive had it happen to me a few times. personally, i just brush it off and move on (assuming its from a toasting perspective), no b by force. but on a date, ill just bluntly tell her to liven up o, again, no b by force, if she's being stuck up, shove her to 1 corner abeg and clear road for someone that actually appreciates your company. im not trying to start anything but i find that mostly black girls display this attitude, then again there are a few that are to die for, and feel the same about you. those are the ones you go for mate!

my 2 kobo
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by teemac01(m): 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, i disagree with you, as it all has to do with how you approach your intended "target".

@OP
if you give this lady the chance to give you BS answers then she will, so change your tactics and get this lady involved and comfortable with you. here are just a few questions that CANNOT be answered with one liner answers:
- oh you are a student, so why did you decide to study medicine/law etc?
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick?
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is?
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then?
- are you single, really.......so why/how did your last r/ship ended?
- why is a beautiful girl like you single?
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time?
- how do you view men now that you have been burned ONCE?

anyway you can clearly see where i am going with this: GET HER INVOLVED IN THE DISCUSSION, and when she finally relaxes around you, it will come out naturally out of her mouth.

One word answer to these questions from a dumb (bimbo)girl,lady or woman is "dnt knw".
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Ishilove: 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
Kevin_II:
silumyemi let us go on a date and after that we will go to my room i want to show you something
Lwkmd!! Kevoooo! You are beginning to sound like a perv. Please invite me to your room too...i too want to show you something :-D
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by pendo89(f): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
warrior101:

I have been watching this topic like forever... You sound like a perfectionist from what you've been saying. Not that's its bad or good but i think you should slow down because everything has +/- side to it... Guys are humans and should be seen as one...

These kind of girls are to be seen as men haterz... They think we should be like this and that or do it like this and that before this and that can happen whereas they themselves are not good... (now i am not referring you you here my dear sister)... Cheerio

A men hater will not give u audience.She may even chew gum and look the other way as you talk. (rude).She will always discredit men.
See.the reason you are dating the person you are, is bcz when you asked open or closed questions she took time to answer in details. She did so cz she felt you. Don't get all mixed up please.Some men can be pretty stubborn even if you tell them you are in a relationship.
The best way to answer a guy that doesn't take no,is in such a way that won't leave room for more.I close it before it starts cz there's somebody else.
Leave alone that,In many cases I am usually the one sustaining the conversation cz I will talk about everything under the sun.I just place borders and know what to discuss with who based on the level of our relationship.
Platonic relationship? I will elaborate cz there are no feelings attached.
Biz? Strictly biz
Dating? Single word if am hooked already.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by kalufelix(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
I so much h8 it wen chats turns out 2be interviews...gosh!! Some gurls ar really retarded thank god am nat dat insistent nd patient ah jst free dem and go ma way....
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Adaeze003(f): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
I do that when I'm busy, not interested atm and when I'm piss₹d. As for how to cope, you can flaunt your fun side/sense of humor by making a joke out of it. If she's not buying it just take a walk.. .. smiley
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by clemmonce(m): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
pendo89: Yes I am guilty of this.Will tell you why and when I use it.
1. If I am to busy concentrating on something and he keeps pestering when I have no time for stories I use yes /no/later /wait.
At that moment my concentration on him is 2%
2. If I am very bored or moody and don't feel like talking.At times you just want some peace and quiteness. So one word answers work.
3. If I want to create suspense and make you probe further ie if I am in a happy mood.I will always explain if you probe cz that is the fun am getting at.
4. If you are a plain bore and I have no interest.I use them to politely cut you off instead of being direct and rude. Its for you to sense I have no interest and leave me alone.
Note.If a girl is into you she will keep stealing glances and checking your face and body. If not she looks the other way while giving short answers.

ope. i knw wen to discharge sme babe
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by server123: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hello! !!
Admins And Moderators Needed At 2go.wall.fm

Are you a social person?

Can you moderate or admin a site?

Do you have internet access?

If yes is your answer,then logon to http://2go.wall.fm to inbox the site owner of your interest.

Goodluck......................................
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Youngsage: 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
Kevin_II:
silumyemi let us go on a date and after that we will go to my room i want to show you something
wat is d sumtin lemme knw grin
Kevin_II:
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Seamate(m): 12:19am On Apr 19, 2012
Risky_mallam: Well, you can always joke about her being "mono-syllabic" by insinuating that it seems she doesn't have much words in her vocabulary.

Has always worked for me.

That's smart
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 19, 2012
i can see that some of our NL ladies are a bit confused so let us help them a bit, guys.........
you see ladies, there are 2 issues here:

A) the stranger who toasts you out of nowhere
. that man should be dealt with SWIFTLY. you can either tell him that you are NOT interested, or simply give him the silent treatment BUT giving him small BS answers is completely wrong and sends the wrong message. here is a clue: some men may think that you are in a bad mood or upset because of something else, or on your period or playing hard to get.
so why cant you simply and directly tell him that you are NOT interested or that you are married/taken etc?!

do you gals really believe that it is more effective to tell someone some BS yes and NO answers (aka giving him "some" attention) instead of being direct about how you feel, and giving him NO attention whatsoever?!
remember, many desperate men out there think that yes and no answers is a step forward and NOT a dismissal.

B) the guy you agreed to go on a date with. you are on a date and the guy is trying to get you involved in the conversation, instead of you filling your mouth with as much food as you possibly can. its about getting a comfortable feel in the date,so that you guys can get to know one another.
answering YEs and NO is not only wrong but also very stoopid (if you have any hope to see that guy again). as we know that many gals go on these date, just for the free meal the least that particular type of gal can do is to make it worth the meal!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by jaybee3(m): 5:41am On Apr 19, 2012
Go and learn how to start asking open questions. Closed questions are a No No when trying to get to know someone
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Scash(f): 6:00am On Apr 19, 2012
There are open questions and there are OPEN questions. Personally, I admit I'm nt good at starting conversations with guys I'm not close to, so I usually wait for them to take the lead... But some guys, jeez! Wen dey ask some questions one word ansas wld even be too much, I don't ansa at all
There was I guy I usd to knw. His questns r plain irritatin 'u'v eaten what did u eat' and maybe I say 'rice'. He'd be like 'Woowww!! Rice! (as if rice was one food thrown down from saturn), den he'l start really pestering u on his own share (that's his own idea of a joke)
So wen he asks questns like that, I just ignore him... Cos we'd go thru d same boring conversatn again...

And I don't tink dt makes me rude or a snob
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by warrior101: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2012
Scash: There are open questions and there are OPEN questions. Personally, I admit I'm nt good at starting conversations with guys I'm not close to, so I usually wait for them to take the lead... But some guys, jeez! Wen dey ask some questions one word ansas wld even be too much, I don't ansa at all
There was I guy I usd to knw. His questns r plain irritatin 'u'v eaten what did u eat' and maybe I say 'rice'. He'd be like 'Woowww!! Rice! (as if rice was one food thrown down from saturn), den he'l start really pestering u on his own share (that's his own idea of a joke)
So wen he asks questns like that, I just ignore him... Cos we'd go thru d same boring conversatn again...

So he was joking about his share of the meal he had bought for you on a date? grin
Well from the look of things you are there to measure his actions and not to befriend this guy... I can imagine how helpless/clueless that guy was due to your inability to support his effort starting/holding a meaningful conversation WITH YOU.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by osasp(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2012
Scash: There are open questions and there are OPEN questions. Personally, I admit I'm nt good at starting conversations with guys I'm not close to, so I usually wait for them to take the lead... But some guys, jeez! Wen dey ask some questions one word ansas wld even be too much, I don't ansa at all

Hmm no I can't blame you for that 1..I should point out though, he's obviously nervous and trying to crack the ice but can only resort to crimge worthy lines like 'when will I get my own rice'..been there before tbh and from a lot of guys I know, I can tell its a common problem..I handle it by picturing myself talking to the girl and we're both laughing, I then reassure myself that its not a biggie, if she's not interested, I wouldn't sweat it.done! I go there and everything falls in line..most times and if I can't cut it, no shakes walk away like its nothing, guys need to know that every guy(including that one you think is perfect, yes, him!), gets rejected at some point, if you can handle that then you can walk up to any chick and chances are, because you appear more confident and 'your-self', you are more likely to come off successful.

2 Likes

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by okeybest19(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2012
Ya right...dat can really be very annoying even when u chat(with a close friend oo) on networking media like 2go or BB ping...u try to create a conversation and all u get r monosyllabic answers
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by masterpiecer(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2012
Adaeze003: I do that when I'm busy, not interested atm and when I'm piss₹d. As for how to cope, you can flaunt your fun side/sense of humor by making a joke out of it. If she's not buying it just take a walk.. .. smiley

guys, i think this lady said it all
that wat i do, i love my ego so much, so i neva give any damn girl a chance to dampen it undecided
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Esinwaju: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
I can put up with a monologue but what I CANNOT put up with is monosyllabic answers. That's the quickest way to piss me off! Can't stand miserable cunts.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by porka: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2012
I think it's not peculiar to ladies, some guys in the corporate world do it. Behind those nos, yes, maybes; are deep seated frustrations and/or lack of mental capacity to engage intellectually.

Also, some people lack communication skill. Common, even when you are not interested in a conversation, you should have the courage to say it. Why cant you just say, "I am not interested?". One can be stern and firm without being rude.

@OP next time, you just say something to pity his/her situation, you are not the problem, s/he is.

1 Like

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by oladayo042: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2012

Scash hw far? Hw's life at Mini Campus? [s]What did u eat today? After answering that, where is my own share?[/s]
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Nobody: 12:40am On May 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, i disagree with you, as it all has to do with how you approach your intended "target".

@OP
if you give this lady the chance to give you BS answers then she will, so change your tactics and get this lady involved and comfortable with you. here are just a few questions that CANNOT be answered with one liner answers:
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick?
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is?
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then?
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time?

anyway you can clearly see where i am going with this: GET HER INVOLVED IN THE DISCUSSION, and when she finally relaxes around you, it will come out naturally out of her mouth.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by sycamore(m): 1:48am On May 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP

On point....... Just try and make use of open-ended questions, and try and put a bit of humour to it eh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Boys Cant Do Without My Yoga Pants / Official Nairaland Matchmaking 2017 / See How I Was Almostt Raped Today..see My Torn Pant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.