Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers (9207 Views)

Nigerian Guy Narrates How Father In-law Made Him Sleep With Lady He Had Sex With / 8 Ways To Flirt Without Saying A Single Word / How Do Guys Cope With More Than One Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by cowgurl: 10:00am On Apr 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

are we talking of some stranger trying to pick you up in the street, or BEING ON A DATE?! i would fully understand doing what you wrote with a stranger, while you would certainly look crazy doing that on a date!
On a date Am definitely not a bore!!!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Sammyfemy: 10:01am On Apr 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, i disagree with you, as it all has to do with how you approach your intended "target".

@OP
if you give this lady the chance to give you BS answers then she will, so change your tactics and get this lady involved and comfortable with you. here are just a few questions that CANNOT be answered with one liner answers:
- oh you are a student, so why did you decide to study medicine/law etc?
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick?
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is?
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then?
- are you single, really.......so why/how did your last r/ship ended?
- why is a beautiful girl like you single?
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time?
- how do you view men now that you have been burned ONCE?

anyway you can clearly see where i am going with this: GET HER INVOLVED IN THE DISCUSSION, and when she finally relaxes around you, it will come out naturally out of her mouth.
Ask them the right questions using the right words. They'll definitely open their mouth.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2012
ZUBY77: I hate that about ladies.

lol...I know how you feel dude

Nice One
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by 9jaman007: 10:09am On Apr 18, 2012
@poster next talk with such a person, Try to keep your questions open ended. if u ask questions that start with 'Do

you' 'can you' you will most likely get a YES or NO answer unless the girl really wants to talk.

SOLUTION = Re-construct your questions to start with the words 'how' and 'why'

This strategy will work if the girl does not know how to keep a conversation like you suggested or if she's playing hard

to get.

NOTE: If she does not want to talk to you, then she does not want to talk to you. lol
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by rexfada(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2012
The lady could probably be a deaf and dumb girl who just experienced a miracle
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by pendo89(f): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
My turn!
-Despite the huge traffic jam on the way, you managed to get here on time. Tell me about it?
-Now that you've been burned once, you must view men differently. Tell me about your new perception of men?
-More often than not, beautiful girls are hitched in their early 20's. You're 30, beautiful, and unmarried! How come?!

Now if you want details ask like this.I will narrate much if I am attracted to you.Because they are open questions not closed.
But if I dont feel you,this is how I will answer.

-Despite the huge traffic jam on the way, you managed to get here on time. Tell me about it? There's really nothing to tell as its not unusual.I managed just like everybody else did.
-Now that you've been burned once, you must view men differently. Tell me about your new perception of men?. Well men are just men and they are all different.
-More often than not, beautiful girls are hitched in their early 20's. You're 30, beautiful, and unmarried! How come?! Because I don't follow crowds. I have my priorities set and I stick to them. That is me.

End of conversation.If I feel you? you will beg me to stop talking.

Now lemmie tell u guys a secret.If you find a girl answering generally,you know without trying to get personal,watch out. See like my first answer above I said,I managed 'just like everybody else'.See? I am trying to make you view me like the rest.Trying to divert your attention and focus from 'me'.She's telling you am not unique and don't treat me uniquely cz I have no absolutely no interest in you. grin
See how she personalises* the answers to your questions cz if shes in love she will try to lock out the world and talk about herself.
My straight or closed replies are meant to stop further queries and stop you in your tracks.
A girl that feels you will talk about what you dint even ask her. She will talk a blog.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by kokoA(m): 10:38am On Apr 18, 2012
Most of them can hardly make a correct sentence in English language that's why.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2012
@poster, if the lady in question, has been answering you in that manner, then i can tell you, that the problem isnt shyness or playing hard-to-get, but she isnt into you, my advice, is that you give her space, you dont need prophet T.B Joshua to tell you that. On the contrary, if you should persist, you stand the chance of being embarrased.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by slimyem: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2012
@pendo...u nice!see long story!
Wait,make i answer my own...
ArQueBusieR:
My turn!
-Despite the huge traffic jam on the way, you managed to get here on time. Tell me about it?its unnecessary!
-Now that you've been burned once, you must view men differently. Tell me about your new perception of men?arseholes!
-More often than not, beautiful girls are hitched in their early 20's. You're 30, beautiful, and unmarried! How come?!-too personal
see...if i don't want to talk,i still wont talk!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by slimyem: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2012
kokoA: Most of them can hardly make a correct sentence in English language that's why.
most of who?
You mean most of the ones you come across?
Learn to make logical sentences not plainly dumb ones!
Nonsense!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Sugardiva(f): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2012
@ OP Try to get her involved in the Convo and ask open ended questions that concentrate on her. But if she gives u one word answers when ure asking these questions chances are she is in a bad or reserved mood and doesnt want to talk so give her some space and try later. However if she responds like this EVERY time u try to talk to her, face it dude she isnt interested in u, just move on to someone else who is. Simples.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by pendo89(f): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2012
This is how I would give closed answers to MBJ's

MRbrownJAY:

bro, i disagree with you, as it all has to do with how you approach your intended "target".

@OP
if you give this lady the chance to give you BS answers then she will, so change your tactics and get this lady involved and comfortable with you. here are just a few questions that CANNOT be answered with one liner answers:
[b]- oh you are a student, so why did you decide to study medicine/law etc? Its a career like the rest and its suits me just the same way architecture suits some.
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick? Overlapping bus. No traffic cops on sight
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is? There are good and bad days.It depends on what comes you way.
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then? I am the life.I influence my environment not the other way round so no big diff except in scenery
- are you single, really.......so why/how did your last r/ship ended? Its a long story and I prefer to let bygones be bygones.I hate resurrecting the dead.
- why is a beautiful girl like you single? We are many in the world really. Its just a personal choice.When I feel I want a relationship I will initiate it.
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time? I have moved on.That was past.Can we talk about life cz past is dead?
- how do you view men now that you have been burned ONCE? [/b] Men are good and we need them.I got a Father ,brothers ,uncles and cousins.I can tell a good man in less than 5 min

anyway you can clearly see where i am going with this: GET HER INVOLVED IN THE DISCUSSION, and when she finally relaxes around you, it will come out naturally out of her mouth.

If I answer you like that just park and go. grin
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Coefficient(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2012
If I ask you all those questions and you give all that one word answers, I'll flash you my magnum pistol. You'll talk for the rest of the day even when I don't pose any question to you! grin grin grin wink wink wink
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by stepo707: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2012
@ op Another thing to watch out for most importantly is the tone in which she is answering you and look at her face if she is frowning.With that you wouldn't need to waste your time.

@ pendo I understand you perfectly well

Now if you want details ask like this.I will narrate much if I am attracted to you.Because they are open questions not closed.
But if I dont feel you,this is how I will answer.

-Despite the huge traffic jam on the way, you managed to get here on time. Tell me about it? There's really nothing to tell as its not unusual.I managed just like everybody else did.
-Now that you've been burned once, you must view men differently. Tell me about your new perception of men?. Well men are just men and they are all different.
-More often than not, beautiful girls are hitched in their early 20's. You're 30, beautiful, and unmarried! How come?! Because I don't follow crowds. I have my priorities set and I stick to them. That is me.

End of conversation.If I feel you? you will beg me to stop talking.

Now lemmie tell u guys a secret.If you find a girl answering generally,you know without trying to get personal,watch out. See like my first answer above I said,I managed 'just like everybody else'.See? I am trying to make you view me like the rest.Trying to divert your attention and focus from 'me'.She's telling you am not unique and don't treat me uniquely cz I have no absolutely no interest in you. grin
See how she personalises* the answers to your questions cz if shes in love she will try to lock out the world and talk about herself.
My straight or closed replies are are supposed to stop further queries. The girl will give you closed answers to open questions to stop you o ur tracks.
Gosh I hope a man is getting this.
[/quote]
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by dakronik(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2012
grin cheesy na form dem de form

1 Like

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by freemanrule: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2012
@ MRbrownJAY: ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha dt really sound kul 2 u bt some bebe ll really ask u back if dts a jamb question or wat.bt 2 me tink d bst ting is study her and knw whn she is in d mood dts all.@ MRbrownJAY: ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha dt really sound kul 2 u bt some bebe ll really ask u back if dts a jamb question or wat.bt 2 me tink d bst ting is study her and knw whn she is in d mood dts all.@ MRbrownJAY: ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha dt really sound kul 2 u bt some bebe ll really ask u back if dts a jamb question or wat.bt 2 me tink d bst ting is study her and knw whn she is in d mood dts all.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by pendo89(f): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2012
I agree with slimyem

MRbrownJAY:

- oh you are a student, so why did you decide to study medicine/law etc?-parental influence!
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick?-short-cut!
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is?-just there!
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then?-i get thru!
- are you single, really.......so why/how did your last r/ship ended?-yes!, misunderstandings!
- why is a beautiful girl like you single?-a choice!
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time?-complicated!
- how do you view men now that you have been burned ONCE?-deceivers

if a guy gets two/three answers like these and he still doesnt know its time to shut-up,he must be a real fool!

There's a diff btwn playing hard to get and just trying to get rid of a nuisance guy.Some men don't give up easy and they don't understand what No means.
Instead of sounding rude.Just give them closed answers.Next time he wont know what to ask.

I repeat again.If she likes you she will answer in details whether you ask open or closed questions.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2012
pendo89: I agree with slimyem

MRbrownJAY:

- oh you are a student, so why did you decide to study medicine/law etc?-parental influence!
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick?-short-cut!
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is?-just there!
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then?-i get thru!
- are you single, really.......so why/how did your last r/ship ended?-yes!, misunderstandings!
- why is a beautiful girl like you single?-a choice!
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time?-complicated!
- how do you view men now that you have been burned ONCE?-deceivers

if a guy gets two/three answers like these and he still doesnt know its time to shut-up,he must be a real fool!

It is Well...
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by zikclassiq(m): 11:07am On Apr 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
- there was a huge traffic jam on the way, how did you manage to come here so quick?
- woah you are a lawyer/doctor, tell me how exciting or boring a day at work is?
- really, you are from Kaduna? so how different life is, now that you are living in Lagos then?
- he cheated on you? but how did you found out and how involved in the r/ship were you at the time?

na u talkam pass jare. Up u!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by ATMC(f): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

if you give this lady the chance to give you BS answers, ...and when she finally relaxes around you, it will come out naturally out of her mouth.
target? Abeg what is BS, this is d most important thing, we talk when we r comfortable with a guy,
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by slimyem: 11:29am On Apr 18, 2012
Coefficient: If I ask you all those questions and you give all that one word answers, I'll flash you my magnum pistol. You'll talk for the rest of the day even when I don't pose any question to you! grin grin grin wink wink wink
all na mouth!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by ebamma(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
gurls are bitches the come as witches to steal our riches and leave us in stitches
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by kilimanjaro(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
slimyem: @pendo...u nice!see long story!
Wait,make i answer my own...see...if i don't want to talk,i still wont talk!
Were u the one i met at oshodi 2 days ago? U gave me exactly these answers while u were haggling a bend-down-select pants!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by chux76(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
not2long: hey guys, i have had numerous experiences with ladies, and what really pisses me off is ladies giving a one word answer like 'yes','no','ok' and so on. am just thinking that is it they dont know what to say or thats a new way of forming hard to get or they cant keep conversations, and how can one keep such conversation in case you meet such ladies because such word makes me feel somehow,pls advice.

Just bone her/them,tell her/them to have a nice day(in a polite manner) and keep on walking..chikena!!!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by vega84(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Thank God am nt facing this probelm alone, see I see thos kinda of gals as dumbass
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Were u the one i met at oshodi 2 days ago? U gave me exactly these answers while u were haggling a bend-down-select pants!

Not Nice!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by chux76(m): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2012
slimyem: if a guy gets two/three answers like these and he still doesnt know its time to shut-up,he must be a real fool!

That's an opening...

1 Like

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by kilimanjaro(m): 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Not Nice!
preacher!
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by agb2011(f): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2012
If i'm in a bad mood and u ask me these questions
MRbrownJAY:

Ans: cos i like it

Ans: *shrugs* i managed

Ans: very boring

Ans: there's no differnc

Ans: he cheats

Ans: my choice

Ans: caught him redhanded
Ans: men are bunch of jerks

undecidedIf i'm in a bad mood and u ask me these questions
MRbrownJAY:

Ans: cos i like it

Ans: *shrugs* i managed

Ans: very boring

Ans: there's no differnc

Ans: he cheats

Ans: my choice

Ans: caught him redhanded
Ans: men are bunch of jerks

Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by agb2011(f): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2012
shocked oops! I double posted
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by kaboninc(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
This whole thing is just very funny. First of all, must every girl think that you want to 'chyke' her because you want to start a conversation with her? Because thats probably the first thing she thinks and it'll make her do her one word answer making you look stupid just because you want a civil conversation. Secondly, why accept a friend request from someone you know and yet gives that one word reply? If a guy does not approach a girl, they'll say he's not yet a man! That he's shy. If he doesn't say hi, they'll say he's forming. I don't want to generalize because some girls give genuine reasons why they don't feel like conversing.
Re: Help On How To Cope With Lady's Single Word Answers by Skii(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
This goes without saying

It depends on the platform from which you are making the conversation. In this regard, I take it that you are speaking to ladies from the approacher or potential toaster point of view.

Depending on the quality of the lady as well as your own quality and especially what you say (since most women are moved by what they hear), the first moments are very important. What you say, don't say or how you say what you say determines the level of responses you get and I daresay regardless of the mood, except she has been befallen by some extreme tragedy which is hardly the case.

Advice, too much preparation for conversation and too much confidence building dey kill. You have to work yourself up to that natural masculine level of confidence that can get you into any conversation with anybody and sustain it. Read book, watch films study people. Improve your vocabulary.

Plus practice makes perfect. No disrespect to the wonderful and beautiful ladies on the streets (who command their own in their own rights) but start with them first, work your skills up the ladder, you would be amazed the similarities amongst ladies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourate City In The World? / Why Are Some Girls Like This? (screenshot) / Man Reacts As He Sees Another Guy Holding His Sister On Valentines Day (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.