Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? (7789 Views)

Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by ImaIma1(f): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2012
i dont think its a very good idea.if u cn get something else,avoid staying at his house.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by kuntama: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
kooto: If he is the domineering type I will advice please don't stay long in the house, if he is the opposite fine but still don't stay long there; why? it might suprise you that your wife may begin to have this bossy attitude afteral you are living in her father's house, which could bring problem between both of you; only very few women can resist been bossy when they are at advantage.it's bitter but it remains the truth because as a councellor I have seen many.
Then u r a crap councillor.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by gsmgold: 12:40am On Apr 22, 2012
ng4am: Since its temporary no problem stay but pls don't over stay, find our own apartment ASAP, to maintain ur dignity.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by kurus: 4:16am On Apr 22, 2012
No insult meant, but if you were a father/mother and your daugther got married, and her family is moving into a town where you have an empty apartment, would you not insist they stay in the house? Why would you even be asking the question?

@poster, if it was your own father who owned the building, would you come and ask us in NL if you should stay in your own father's house? The real question is not whether you should stay in your FIL house; the real question is "would you stay in the house of someone who would, either be a trouble to you, or who would give you peace in the house". I help rephrased your question because, if the poster has a very troublesome father(I mean no disrespect please, this is just hypothetical), would you want to put in your family in that house, even though the man is your father?

Pride goeth before a fall. The man has offered; accept the offer, even if you are as rich as dangote. That rent money you will save, you can use it for other things, from giving it to your MIL, to buying your FIL something he likes to even buying land for your children(if you have). Your FIL will be quite happy knowing he has helped his daughter and her family.

My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by member479760: 6:08am On Apr 22, 2012
i beg go stay there and start saving money to build one also.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by toptop: 6:46am On Apr 22, 2012
You all sound as if building his own house is an easy affair. How much will he save from the avoided rent? How long will it take him to raise money to buy land? How much will building cost? How long will it take to build? If all this cannot be realised in 3 months, then dont pack into the goddam free house. There is nothing free in economics.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by badesco(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
No and never consider it as an option.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Please make it a short stay. You cannot afford to lose your respect.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by Somatic(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2012
kurus: No insult meant, but if you were a father/mother and your daugther got married, and her family is moving into a town where you have an empty apartment, would you not insist they stay in the house? Why would you even be asking the question?

@poster, if it was your own father who owned the building, would you come and ask us in NL if you should stay in your own father's house? The real question is not whether you should stay in your FIL house; the real question is "would you stay in the house of someone who would, either be a trouble to you, or who would give you peace in the house". I help rephrased your question because, if the poster has a very troublesome father(I mean no disrespect please, this is just hypothetical), would you want to put in your family in that house, even though the man is your father?

Pride goeth before a fall. The man has offered; accept the offer, even if you are as rich as dangote. That rent money you will save, you can use it for other things, from giving it to your MIL, to buying your FIL something he likes to even buying land for your children(if you have). Your FIL will be quite happy knowing he has helped his daughter and her family.

My 2 cents
Add my one cent to yours please.
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by moremi2008(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2012
kurus: No insult meant, but if you were a father/mother and your daugther got married, and her family is moving into a town where you have an empty apartment, would you not insist they stay in the house? Why would you even be asking the question?

My 2 cents

Your advice is perfect... for DisneyWorld! This is more than a pride issue; it's a dignity issue. If you live rent-free in your FIL's house, then you must be open to unnecessary interference in your marriage. You must also be ready to keep your doors open to any visiting in-laws (after all, it's their house). Even if your FIL and in-laws aren't the meddlesome, awoof types, your wife might use your housing situation to make a point during your next argument or next quarrel! That's never a pretty situation; it's usually devastating to a man's ego. Abeg, go find your own house as soon as you can!

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by Bishop(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2012
@POSITIVEB i dont see anything wrong in staying in your Father In-laws house as long as he is not staying there with your family.

It is not wrong if your wife parents give u a leverage towards a soft landing.whatever assistance they are giving is to make thier daughter and u happy but common sense must prevail.

If your father in law comes occassionally to that appartment then you must know that your stay should be brief..if you like to rent it insist on paying something for it that way u keep ur pride.

Remember you need your own pad build one

Cheers my broda

1 Like

Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by saliubello(m): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hello, just incase you are looking to own a house, that is not too costly. My company hass good package for you, instalmental payment available. email: saliubello2003@yahoo.com for pictures and details
Re: Can You Live In Ur Father In Law's House????? by NaJoke2000: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2012

My 2 cents

I wldn't stay in the apartment even if the apartment belongs to my father, if he's troublesome!!!
Oga,be reminded that everything hinges on the KINDS OF IN-LAWS dat you have.

In-Laws expecially in today's marriage are very quick in telling the whole world about the help they render to you.
They help you today, tomorrow dey use it against you.
I guess that's why the OP is asking this question.

My Adivce,
stay in apartmnt for like 3months then make arrangement for your own.
Dat would signal to your inlaws dat you grateful and the same time tell dem dat you r a MAN who's capable of providing for your family.
Afterall, if dont have apartment in PH, wont u stay there

I wish u GOODLUCK without Jona!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cohabitation: A Recipe For Successful Marriage - Live Debate - Group B / My Marriage Is Hell On Earth / Cry For Help: Two Weeks To Introduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.