Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany (8949 Views)

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace / Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by kurus: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2012
OBJ left power and advised GEJ to negotiate with them, but what did OBJ do when he was in power? The US is getting out of Afganistan and Iraq cos theyre broke, not cause they cant defeat the Taliban. Where's the Taliban today? The best anti-terrorist nation in the world is Israel and they NEVER negotiate with terrorists. The biggest mistake any one will make is to try and negotiate with armed robbers and terrorists. America is telling you theyre negotiating with taliban but the the truth is America is just trying to call pakistan to order, cos the taliban is controlled by pakistan.

No one with power or authority, in his right mind will negotiate with terrorists. BH survives in the north cos its being encouraged by northerners(some northerners). BH has nothing on the whole south, not a single thing. That tells you that bh survives only cos of the assistance they get from folks in the north. They forget however, that 'you dont cut off your nose to spite your face'.

I wont bother to expand that into normal english. I actually agree with GEJ, the more bh operates in the north, the worse off the entire region is and the worse off the position of the bh sponsors become. But in fairness to GEJ, he knows his efforts r being sabotaged by the very people he's trying to help.

Like it or not, hate GEJ or not, BH can NEVER come southwards. If they were truly a national freeedon fighting body, they should start by killing their own corrupt elites, and not by killing igbos and xtians up north. Their mission is a failure from the start. If u know a bit about bh, you will know that their end has come.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Demdem(m): 8:35am On Apr 20, 2012
kurus: I can't believe I have broken my words never to post on this silly forum again.

I am amazed at the silly comments being passed by some folks here about GEJ.

Let me start by saying I am not from the SS, neither do I work for Naija govt in any capacity.

For a country that is 52 years old and have had corruption openly practised every single day of its existence, i find it naive that some folks here actually expect GEJ to change the country overnight, even if he wanted to. There's a psychological warfare being waged around GEJ, to try and prevent his running come 2015.

Let me ask some pertinent questions:

- When OBJ spent 8 years and didn't deal with Boko Haram, but left them alone to do their own thing, including introducing Sharia over parts of the north, how many of the folks running their mouths here abused OBJ then, or even now blame him for not nipping the problem in the bud?

- When Yar adua left this country for almost a year, and the vice president was like a house boy in Aso rock, how many of the people here realised the absurdity of the country's politics that allowed such a lacuna to happen in the Presidency?

- When Buhari, Atiku, IBB, Gusau et al came openly to declare that they will set the country on fire, how many of the people here took them not seriously? and before you open your mouth to start saying 'why can't GEJ arrest them, let me ask if any of you work in an office environment, and how the politics in that office is played? Do you not know most times the people responsible for the horrible things happening in the company? and do those evil people EVER do those things themselves or do they use others to do their dirty work?

- VP Sambo has being fingered in the Boko Haram mess and a lot of highly placed people, but until you catch them making a call or with a bomb or some other incriminating evidence, you cant't prosecute them.

- How many governors did EFCC collate data on for prosecution over corruption and how many cases did the police, judiciary and even the Justice minister frustrate? Yeah, yeah, don't start screaming, if you can't do the job, get out of the kitchen.

and please, don't breathe that word Buhari. His bigotry is legendary: case in point: when Buhari was in power in 1984-85, tell me how many northern politicians he arrested and jailed? Mention 3 and there jail terms. A man who put the northern president under house arrest(in the president's own house) and who jailed the vice president? Can you believe how bigoted he is?

I digress but back to my point: This nation is so bleeped up that if the Nigerian president can only trust 2 people and he gives an order asking for elimination of BH bombers who have gone to carry out a bombing, you can be sure that at least one of the 2 people will go and ask for bribe from the BH boys.

If the naija police can kill fellow citizens over 20 naira, what do you think they will do over 1mil? So whats the solution:

Stop all the GEJ bashing: it aint achieving anything. Even the international recognition came because some of the things GEJ is doing is either not known to us, or we dont care to know about them. Yes, he drinks, yes, he gets drunks, but was OBJ not a useless womaniser who slept with his son's wife? Did Yar Adua not spend more time in hospital treating ailments than the time he spent ruling Naija? Did we insult the other presidents the way some folks r insulting GEJ?

Whether you like it or not, GEJ will rule till 2019. If you don't like it, too bad. GEJ ascension to power was divine. Like it or not, there is a reason for that. Personally, i know the nation can do better but when it comes to the game of power and politics, the best person for the job, might not even be in contention for the position.

I have read enough posts in the last few months and am surprised that some folks think if they keep up the bashing, he won't contest in 2015. Its aint working. and the BH boys r only making things work against the interest of the so called elites from the north who think its their right to rule. Come 2027, a middle belter will take over from an Igbo man(I aint Igbo either, aint delta, not SS or SE,so don't think I am canvassing for my tribe).

If we all work together with the president, maybe the work of eliminating BH can move faster. After all, the Great America has being fighting AL Qaeda since the 1980s and yet, they have defeated Al qaeda, so how can folks here be acting simple minded by thinking its a walk in the park to defeat terrorists, who have the active support of elites in the society they operate in. Maybe we should ask why BH only operates in the certain parts of the north. Why aint BH in the SW or SS or SE or even middle belt? Why is it only the Hausa-Fulani/Kanuri dominated part of the north that they operate fully in(the Kanuris are fully on the side of their traditional enemies [the hausa-fulani] in this guerilla warfare).

Let me pause and hope that folks will have a rethink. I doubt this but evil reigns when good people standby and watch evil people do evil things. I've had enough of all the silly talks about GEJ. Lets bring out credible opponents to GEJ and see if the people wont vote for such a person. Until we do that, NL warfare aint gonna change anything.

we are better off not seeing this kind of post again. Abegii kindly go back to that hole u came from. ur kind is well known with the bolded.
@ post, i will wait till June when the retardeen promised that BH will be wiped out completely.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Okijajuju1(m): 8:44am On Apr 20, 2012
If GEJ said, then I believe it and that settles it. . . .
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by emsquare(m): 9:01am On Apr 20, 2012
afam4eva: Enough is Enough........It is finished..........We shall deal with them

Wetin we neva hear. Abeg, talk beta.

LOL!
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by richcode: 9:14am On Apr 20, 2012
I don't blame him is boko haram I blame,if they av bomb is wife and children ,and of his child is also kill in the post election violence in bauchi he would av no that boko haram is still not a treat as people think.My Dull president
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by lungtruth(m): 9:25am On Apr 20, 2012
we Nigerians are very good at criticizing our leaders, He says he will end BH by june. y not believe hi and pray he succeeds rather heap al manner of insults on him. that man you dont like at home is receiving accolades outside

@daemoville
thanks my bros. i pray that God will one day locate every one critizing the president to the same sit,the will face the challenges and see how it is. pls stop insulting the president let join hand and work for his transformation of the country. I believe that Nigeria will be better. Let pray for the quick recovery of our nation, am proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by miteolu(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2012
I am sorry for GEJ. His three month Boko haram ultimatum will soon expire. He must do something at least for his own sake. Bcause left with entire nation GEJ promise to end Boko haram has solve nothing but rather waste resources and fuel Boko haram fire.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 20, 2012
an assertion enveloped with fear and uncertainty. God'll deliver us.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by timpaker(m): 10:03am On Apr 20, 2012
another action film by GEJ.. can't wait to see the blockbuster. coming soon!!!
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by nlofficial(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2012
jidody: Do we support him should be the question. YES

He cannot do it alone.

Are we looting the country together? NO!
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by malc619(m): 10:31am On Apr 20, 2012
nl.official:

Are we looting the country together? NO!
Do we have ά̲̣̥ share in his 1billion naira peppersoup?? ₪☺..
Nwoke philip: Is boko haram still exist?
Are Ʊ related to Dame Patience Jonathan ??
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by nlofficial(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2012
malc619:
Do we have ά̲̣̥ share in his 1billion naira peppersoup?? ₪☺..

I tire ooo. Make i support people wey no care about me. Selfish people!

Are Ʊ related to Dame Patience Jonathan ??

He should be. cheesy
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2012
In GEJ I trust ....besides why is boko haram is problem .....was Obasanjo the hero of yoruba nation able to stop us MEND despite all d amount of JTF deployed to bayelsa and delta
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by JAZES(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2012
Talk is cheap
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by mpumalanga: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2012
Many years of government without governance resulted in boko haram and those that blame the present administation of being incapable to handle the situation are the same people that kept mute when lack of governance became the other of the day.People are shouting and insulting as if nigeria have any proper foundation that can bring about any positive direction.You people knows where you lost your country and the best thing is to go back there and pick it up and leave GEAJ alone.When you sow anger,be prapared to reap misery.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Yujin(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2012
GEJ cannot crush boko haram. Its either he systematically outwit their sponsors or he compromises but it will NEVER stop their islamization agenda. Nigeria is still an OIC member. We are watching.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Sweetlemon(f): 11:55am On Apr 20, 2012
GEJ should learn from Obama who gave only one promise to kill Osama and did exactly that. Ahn ahn! Hiw many times will this man promise to end boko haram? Doesn't he sound pathetic even in his own ears
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by 9zeros(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2012
kurus: I can't believe I have broken my words never to post on this silly forum again.

Let me start by saying I am not from the SS, neither do I work for Naija govt in any capacity.

For a country that is 52 years old and have had corruption openly practised every single day of its existence, i find it naive that some folks here actually expect GEJ to change the country overnight, even if he wanted to. There's a psychological warfare being waged around GEJ, to try and prevent his running come 2015.

- When OBJ spent 8 years and didn't deal with Boko Haram, but left them alone to do their own thing, including introducing Sharia over parts of the north, how many of the folks running their mouths here abused OBJ then, or even now blame him for not nipping the problem in the bud?

- When Yar adua left this country for almost a year, and the vice president was like a house boy in Aso rock, how many of the people here realised the absurdity of the country's politics that allowed such a lacuna to happen in the Presidency?

- When Buhari, Atiku, IBB, Gusau et al came openly to declare that they will set the country on fire, how many of the people here took them not seriously? and before you open your mouth to start saying 'why can't GEJ arrest them, let me ask if any of you work in an office environment, and how the politics in that office is played? Do you not know most times the people responsible for the horrible things happening in the company? and do those evil people EVER do those things themselves or do they use others to do their dirty work?

- VP Sambo has being fingered in the Boko Haram mess and a lot of highly placed people, but until you catch them making a call or with a bomb or some other incriminating evidence, you cant't prosecute them.

- How many governors did EFCC collate data on for prosecution over corruption and how many cases did the police, judiciary and even the Justice minister frustrate? Yeah, yeah, don't start screaming, if you can't do the job, get out of the kitchen.

and please, don't breathe that word Buhari. His bigotry is legendary: case in point: when Buhari was in power in 1984-85, tell me how many northern politicians he arrested and jailed? Mention 3 and there jail terms. A man who put the northern president under house arrest(in the president's own house) and who jailed the vice president? Can you believe how bigoted he is?

I digress but back to my point: This nation is so bleeped up that if the Nigerian president can only trust 2 people and he gives an order asking for elimination of BH bombers who have gone to carry out a bombing, you can be sure that at least one of the 2 people will go and ask for bribe from the BH boys.

If the naija police can kill fellow citizens over 20 naira, what do you think they will do over 1mil? So whats the solution:

Stop all the GEJ bashing: it aint achieving anything. Even the international recognition came because some of the things GEJ is doing is either not known to us, or we dont care to know about them. Yes, he drinks, yes, he gets drunks, but was OBJ not a useless womaniser who slept with his son's wife? Did Yar Adua not spend more time in hospital treating ailments than the time he spent ruling Naija? Did we insult the other presidents the way some folks r insulting GEJ?

Whether you like it or not, GEJ will rule till 2019. If you don't like it, too bad. GEJ ascension to power was divine. Like it or not, there is a reason for that. Personally, i know the nation can do better but when it comes to the game of power and politics, the best person for the job, might not even be in contention for the position.

I have read enough posts in the last few months and am surprised that some folks think if they keep up the bashing, he won't contest in 2015. Its aint working. and the BH boys r only making things work against the interest of the so called elites from the north who think its their right to rule. Come 2027, a middle belter will take over from an Igbo man(I aint Igbo either, aint delta, not SS or SE,so don't think I am canvassing for my tribe).

If we all work together with the president, maybe the work of eliminating BH can move faster. After all, the Great America has being fighting AL Qaeda since the 1980s and yet, they have defeated Al qaeda, so how can folks here be acting simple minded by thinking its a walk in the park to defeat terrorists, who have the active support of elites in the society they operate in. Maybe we should ask why BH only operates in the certain parts of the north. Why aint BH in the SW or SS or SE or even middle belt? Why is it only the Hausa-Fulani/Kanuri dominated part of the north that they operate fully in(the Kanuris are fully on the side of their traditional enemies [the hausa-fulani] in this guerilla warfare).

Let me pause and hope that folks will have a rethink. I doubt this but evil reigns when good people standby and watch evil people do evil things. I've had enough of all the silly talks about GEJ. Lets bring out credible opponents to GEJ and see if the people wont vote for such a person. Until we do that, NL warfare aint gonna change anything.
there are 2 tinz about u:
1 u're rily enlightened
2 u dnt rily make use of ur knowledge.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Sweetlemon(f): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2012

- When OBJ spent 8 years and didn't deal with Boko Haram, but left them alone to do their own thing, including intro
ducing Sharia over parts of the north, how many of the folks running their mouths here abused OBJ then, or even now blame him for not nipping the problem in the bud?

I have just one question for u. Was it boko haram that asked GEJ to budget N1B for his food even while in the middle of removing fuel subsidy? Pls answer straight to the point. No derailing
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by 9zeros(m): 12:24pm On Apr 20, 2012
dear jonathan, how did u get dis far.........
u went from 'havin no shoes' to 'being president' and now 'havin no sense'....
d tin is dat nigerians always rely on GOD, 4getin dat 99% of our problems is caused by us and can be solved by us. d nigerian govt is a failure!
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Clem45(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
I have just one question for u. Was it boko haram that asked GEJ to budget N1B for his food even while in the middle of removing fuel subsidy? Pls answer straight to the point. No derailing
I'm not suppose to be part of this but you too answer this question is it true that GEJ removed the secrecy act ostensibly that big mouths like you to hunt him,if not for transparency?Answer me!
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Hardballer(m): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
he also vowed to end corruption and provide electricity amongst other things . . . just rememberin those his annoying tv adverts grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by saydfact(m): 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
WHAT DO WE SAY ABOUT THE EMPTY BARREL?................just a question.
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Sweetlemon(f): 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
Clem45:
I'm not suppose to be part of this but you too answer this question is it true that GEJ removed the secrecy act ostensibly that big mouths like you to hunt him,if not for transparency?Answer me!

LMAO! Is this the best excuse u can come up with? So stealing money openly is not bad just because it is done openly and not in secret ba? So if GEJ kills your mother openly his "transparency" makes it a good thing LMAO at some people's way of reasoning
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Sweetjoe(m): 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
Catch Atiku.....and stop boko haram.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by Koolking(m): 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
he should go Okija shrine and swear before I believe. Talk is cheap
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by bakila: 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2012
Nwoke philip: Is boko haram still exist?

Not in nigeria abi?
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by dubem3(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2012
dayokanu: This is someone that cant even control his own diick and went around molesting Australian women in his short CHOGM trip

I dey laff

Drunk Fisherman indeed, They should reduce his alcohol allowance to make him sober up

like seriously?
Didn't get to hear that!
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by bakila: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
kurus: OBJ left power and advised GEJ to negotiate with them, but what did OBJ do when he was in power? The US is getting out of Afganistan and Iraq cos theyre broke, not cause they cant defeat the Taliban. Where's the Taliban today? The best anti-terrorist nation in the world is Israel and they NEVER negotiate with terrorists. The biggest mistake any one will make is to try and negotiate with armed robbers and terrorists. America is telling you theyre negotiating with taliban but the the truth is America is just trying to call pakistan to order, cos the taliban is controlled by pakistan.

No one with power or authority, in his right mind will negotiate with terrorists. BH survives in the north cos its being encouraged by northerners(some northerners). BH has nothing on the whole south, not a single thing. That tells you that bh survives only cos of the assistance they get from folks in the north. They forget however, that 'you dont cut off your nose to spite your face'.

I wont bother to expand that into normal english. I actually agree with GEJ, the more bh operates in the north, the worse off the entire region is and the worse off the position of the bh sponsors become. But in fairness to GEJ, he knows his efforts r being sabotaged by the very people he's trying to help.

Like it or not, hate GEJ or not, BH can NEVER come southwards. If they were truly a national freeedon fighting body, they should start by killing their own corrupt elites, and not by killing igbos and xtians up north. Their mission is a failure from the start. If u know a bit about bh, you will know that their end has come.

Is that what you who know a lot about BH will say. Please throw away you tribalism. We all wish this issue will die, but for the president to say he will bring the end of gurrilas who unfortunately have over time changed their targets and modus, to inflict pain and fear to all average reasoning from a His excellency.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by bakila: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
ziccoit: Since Mr GEJ is a black belter in telling lies and HOD of department of promise without action; I would not want to follow him on this. He is even a Boko Haram that all Nigerians need to end.

LWKM at blackbelter. Alas boko haram issue is not a joke.
Re: GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany by 1025: 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
i still don't want to believe that nigerians were this dumb and daft in making this man president. uk is busy judging ur corrupt gov and u are busy calling on germany to help u fight boko haram, what then can u do on ur own? is this man aware that nigeria is supposed to be an independent country? what made this man accept to be the president of nigeria? i fainted the day he said we have an untouchable cabal in the oil sector. maybe we need americans to come and fight corrupt pdp members in nigeria.
this is a very big shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force / Boko Haram: FG Encouraging Insurgency By Paying Ransom To Criminals- Fayose Says / 2019: APC Speaks Ahead Of Buhari’s Campaign Flag-off In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.