Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. (9249 Views)

Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace / GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany / Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by werepeLeri: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2012
This topic comes up again. Against the backlash of so many people saying GEJ knows what to do but doesnt want to do it. Or to those who daily says GEJ should do something fast, or to those who says the President is not interested in finding solutions. Lets put ourselves in the Presidents place and offer solutions - which he may not even have considered.

If you say you are not in his shoes and cant offer meaningful solutions- then may you silent yourself forever-

4 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by tchaik(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
Nice Topic! Though most of us are not trained/certified security experts, we at least, are sure of one thing: WHOEVER IS SPONSORING BOKO HARAM HAS MONEY TO SPEND; LOTS OF IT! Moreso, the person(s) has grouse with Nigerian Government! (Serious grouse). I can comfortably bet a year's pay cheque that such a person/persons didn't make the money in an honest endeavour!
With these facts/knowledge, why can't they:
1)List people that have hatred for Nigerian Govt and GEJ
2) Narrow it down by checking who and who made their money in a dubious way and questionable manner! (No sane honest person can waste his hard-earned money this way!) NB: I said "SANE"
3)Monitor our Banks(CBN can be of much help here) and check cash flows from any of the above (2)!
I sincerely believe that the list should be drastically reduced by then, and those bastards will be fished out! Lol
But seriously, more intelligent, respected and trained experts have done this and arrived at the same conclusion: BOKO HARAM IS PDP(disgruntled ones of course)!
So mr poster, we already know the answer to your question; why do u think GEJ refused to do anything?(Even after telling Nigerians that he knows who their sponsors are, and that they have infiltrated his govt) You can't send a Farouk Lawan to catch a Farouk Lawan!
Why don't we discuss a more interesting issue like ehmm! , how about todays match? I bet france will win tonight! What do you think?

NOTICE!!!!!!
If you are a Christian, and you are residing in a Boko Haram infested city, I suggest u stay in your houses tomorrow! You can worship in your various houses (where two or more are gathered in my name, HE IS THERE) Akonuche Chapter 3: vs. 6-9 grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Obiagu1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2012
Where are GEJ's principle critics on Boko Haram? Your suggestion is needed here or forever zip your loud mouth!

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by jmaine: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2012
How do you expect worms to show up when you have laced salt in their path . . .

They will simply stay away from seeming danger grin . . .
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by hakanai(m): 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
I don't know yet.But I say we start by the FGN led by GEJ making public the BH sponsors,financiers list to Nigerians.Then we can afford to tell him how to deal with them! angry angry angry angry angry May suggestion below
Tackle corruption swiftly and ruthlessly
uphold the law regardless if na dame do am!!!
Make Public the list!!!
Suspend anyone and arrest anybody linked!!!
Lastly charity begins at home.Scan PDP well and flush the suspects then move to the foot soldiers shikenan.
It may not stop it automatically but it will drastically reduce it.Also arrest anyone who mention war or make treasonable statement against Nigeria or Nigerians not PDP or GEJ abeg but Nigeria and presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Obiagu1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2012
jmaine: How do you expect worms to show up when you have laced salt in their path . . .

They will simply stay away from seeming danger grin . . .

LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by qualified(f): 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
Good thread, though I'm not surprised that they are not contributing. Do they have suggestions, ideas? No!

If d thread was abt insulting d president, it would ve been up to 10 pages now.

God will help us. Nigerians are just so un-patriotic.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
You dey hope on Gej, you go wait tire.

2 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by jmaine: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
qualified: Good thread, though I'm not surprised that they are not contributing. Do they have suggestions, ideas? No!

If d thread was abt insulting d president, it would ve been up to 10 pages now.

God will help us. Nigerians are just so un-patriotic.

The Chief Prosecutors of nairaland are on leave i guess undecided . . . . .Just when you thought they will put their brain where their mouth is . . .they disappear and disappoint grin

we are still waiting for the usual hordes to make us proud cool. . .
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Abagworo(m): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
The Boko Haram fight is between Northern factions of PDP and GEJ is siding one. The only way to solve it, is to broker peace between Sambo, IBB and Atiku. That is the political Boko Haram. The religious own will take serious intelligence job to uproot it from the source.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2012
Abagworo: The Boko Haram fight is between Northern factions of PDP and GEJ is siding one. The only way to solve it, is to broker peace between Sambo, IBB and Atiku. That is the political Boko Haram. The religious own will take serious intelligence job to uproot it from the source.
the most idiotyc analysis ever. Your fisherman presido nor know him job.stop wiping his azz.

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
@op so gej will come and read my suggestion? Dumb post, dumb poster.

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by brabus(m): 12:12am On Jun 25, 2012
werepeLeri: This topic comes up again. Against the backlash of so many people saying GEJ knows what to do but doesnt want to do it. Or to those who daily says GEJ should do something fast, or to those who says the President is not interested in finding solutions. Lets put ourselves in the Presidents place and offer solutions - which he may not even have considered.

If you say you are not in his shoes and cant offer meaningful solutions- then may you silent yourself forever-

Advice to GEJ

Any govt that chooses to try to fight a conventional war against a non-conventional enemy is bound to loose. How? Time is on the side of the patience of the smaller, less visible
forces of BH terrorist group.

To seek out this enemy and their sponsors, and eradicate the threats of BH, the govt needs new weapons to locate and defeat them. Conventional weapons and direct attacks by JTF can keep them hunkered down for some time. But it'll cost the government thousands of times what it costs them to stay hidden.
BH group do use some modern technology, and they are not invincible either - there are possible ways of reaching inside their organizations without making noise. Mr. President, don't pin your hopes to high on winning through conventional means or talking it away.

Invest more on modern ways of combating terrorists.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Murphy7h4: 2:15am On Jun 25, 2012
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2012
The first thing to note about BH is that it is not a central, organized entity, but a collection of separate splinter groups without a formalized structure. As a result of this, no meaningful solution can be found by mere negotiation.

To fight a faceless group successfully, you also have to go undercover. I expect the war against BH to be prosecuted primarily by the NIA and the SSS rather than the JTF, the reason being that the heavy-handed tactics being employed by the JTF have alienated them from the northern masses, the very people whose help and support (in form of timely and relevant information) is indispensable to defeating these terrorists.

So if I were president, I would do the following:

1. Transfer the prosecution of the war effort from the JTF to the NIA, because winning this war depends first and foremost on our ability to gather intelligence;

2. Encourage northerners to provide valuable information by giving them and their families a guarantee of protection from any reprisal attacks (I think its called witness protection in advanced countries);

3. Question those individuals who swore to make the country "ungovernable" for the current president;

4. Send intelligence operatives to infiltrate and reside in local communities permanently, so as to be on the ground and continually sniff out relevant information to help keep govt one step ahead of the terrorists;

5.Work with state governors to make crucial emergency investments in labour-intensive industries (like textile industry) to help create jobs and possibly deny BH potential recruits;

6.Create a public works programme to employ more northerners (such as the proposed Green Belt programme);

7.Work with advanced countries to deploy the latest technology to our border with countries like Niger, Chad and co to minimise the entry of illegal immigrants who could also provide manpower for BH;

8.Request from US the same satellite imaging technology that they use to track the movements of al-Qaeda operatives (after all they promised to help anyway they can, right?); and

9.Ask all northern leaders to render unreserved apologia (in Patrick Obahiagbon's words) to their people for the gross mismanagement and poor leadership they have been made to endure since 1960, because this has also contributed to the emergence of BH and similar radical sects.

There are all sorts of solutions, all sorts of measures that can be taken to deal decisively with this menace, but they require the president to demonstrate the right measure of toughness, decisiveness, tact and creativity. So far, he hasn't.

12 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2012
And by the way, how much information has govt been able to extract from those who were captured?

2 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
The way out of boko haram at the present polity!

1. First of all I would simply announce my sincere warning to the cabal may be once or twice(supposed sponsors of BH).

2. I would not only invite the Isreali Mossad to protect Asorock but transform the SSS and the police.

3. Get rid of the bad eggs in the judicial system, EFCC, ICPC and those who are anti-government, replace them with my men.

4. I would seek the Mossad's help to assist Nigeria fish out the sponsors of Boko-Haram (if unknown)and their agents in all government parastatals and security agencies and then nail them (no matter the individuals involved) with no mercy for resurrection.

5. Make sure the governors are under my control with the use of EFCC & ICPC with my men at work!

6. I must be expecting the NASS to impeach me.... However both the Senate President and his deputy, the speaker and his deputy must be my men - a tool to manipulate the rest to my favour! If I can't play down their powers which I obviously doubt, I will happily accept it.

7. I will challenge their verdict in the court where my men will have me re-instated!

8. Before then my Vice and I are dipped in an oath to make things work my way if unwillingly I treat him the Obasanjo way!
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by sunjetg: 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
1. Death penalty for anyone found guilty of terrorism
2. Prosecute any body that has link with BH.
3. Resign if this is not achievable!

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2012
let the north have their islamic sovereign state governed by sharia, they can as well take the name naijeriya. the rest will team up and have a new beautiful name and then work together in unity to build a great nation. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by 401kk: 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2012
Abagworo: The Boko Haram fight is between Northern factions of PDP and GEJ is siding one. The only way to solve it, is to broker peace between Sambo, IBB and Atiku. That is the political Boko Haram. The religious own will take serious intelligence job to uproot it from the source.

I like your creativity.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by jamil2(m): 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
the problem of Nigeria according to the NSA is pdp if it is happen Mr President possess the ability to fight pdp I can see within a short period of time issue of BH will be solved.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by 401kk: 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
diluminati: @op so gej will come and read my suggestion? Dumb post, dumb poster.

But when you criticiise and insult him, you expect him to read it?

2 Likes

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by mrperfect(m): 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
-See this a major task and solve it by all means.
-Restructure his security personnels even further and put men and women who really love this country's unity.
-Not be too cautions be first it once and for all to give a wrong signal for any of such group arising in the future.

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by queenpin: 12:44pm On Jun 25, 2012
Very simple
1. I will form a counter-terrorism unit,by law giving them special and specific mandates under the law.
2.I will also make sure that all 'boko haram'members caught are not treated like other suspects in courts but tried as 'enemy Combantants' removing their rights and trying them under special military tribunals.
3.All terrorist groups will be declared enemy combatants,which will strip their rights.
4.If it s established thAt a suicide bomber was paid the money he left behind will be traced and all those to benefit from the loot will be declared Enemy combatants and tried as such.
These are just some of them I got more
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by stagger: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
Their training camps on the Nigeria-Niger and Nigeria-Chad border are known. There was intelligence as to their existence provided by the US government as far back as 2004. What GEJ needs to do is to bomb those places for 30 days straight. I bet you they will be driven far away from the borders deep into Niger, Chad and Northern Cameroun. Next, Nigeria should seek permission from these countries to organize pre-emptive air strikes at their bases in these countries.

Finally, face the states where they have a foothold and organize a three-week mop-up operation. All law-abiding citizens should be given a week to evacuate using roads that will be patrolled. Then a total assault from land and the air should be carried out to finish off every living thing in that area, human, animals, goats, chickens, etc. If I were GEJ, I will make sure that to be associated with the Boko Haram in any way, WILL BE HARAM!

It was done in Ogoniland by Colonels Obi Umahi and Okuntimo in 1993. It was done in Odi in Bayelsa.

WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER!
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Joey82(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
I think like some one mentioned earlier, its very important to monitor our banks.
Boko haram is a pretty rich terrorist group, with the kinda high profile bombings and terror they unleash, its safe to say they got sponsors and no doubt from within.
There must be some bank where moneys are changing hands, accounts of all suspected sponsors should be monitored.
I also think a new minister of defence with military background and respect should be appointed, the defence ministry is way to sensitive to be politicised,
last time i checked, the minister of state for defence was a female politician - surprising.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by arkitekt: 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
the solution to dis bokoharam insurgency is as thus, mr president shuld call dis people he claimed to knw to b thier sponsore n negociate wit them, similarly, the so calld bokoharamist should embrace dis gesture of dialogue.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by ify4king(m): 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2012
tchaik: Nice Topic! Though most of us are not trained/certified security experts, we at least, are sure of one thing: WHOEVER IS SPONSORING BOKO HARAM HAS MONEY TO SPEND; LOTS OF IT! Moreso, the person(s) has grouse with Nigerian Government! (Serious grouse). I can comfortably bet a year's pay cheque that such a person/persons didn't make the money in an honest endeavour!
With these facts/knowledge, why can't they:
1)List people that have hatred for Nigerian Govt and GEJ
2) Narrow it down by checking who and who made their money in a dubious way and questionable manner! (No sane honest person can waste his hard-earned money this way!) NB: I said "SANE"
3)Monitor our Banks(CBN can be of much help here) and check cash flows from any of the above (2)!
I sincerely believe that the list should be drastically reduced by then, and those bastards will be fished out! Lol
But seriously, more intelligent, respected and trained experts have done this and arrived at the same conclusion: BOKO HARAM IS PDP(disgruntled ones of course)!
So mr poster, we already know the answer to your question; why do u think GEJ refused to do anything?(Even after telling Nigerians that he knows who their sponsors are, and that they have infiltrated his govt) You can't send a Farouk Lawan to catch a Farouk Lawan!
Why don't we discuss a more interesting issue like ehmm! , how about todays match? I bet france will win tonight! What do you think?

NOTICE!!!!!!
If you are a Christian, and you are residing in a Boko Haram infested city, I suggest u stay in your houses tomorrow! You can worship in your various houses (where two or more are gathered in my name, HE IS THERE) Akonuche Chapter 3: vs. 6-9 grin grin grin
right on point!

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by otondo55: 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
Split the amalgamation of lord lugard.
We are never one and will not be !

Let all practice what they believe in.

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by arkitekt: 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2012
Joey82: I think like some one mentioned earlier, its very important to monitor our banks.
Boko haram is a pretty rich terrorist group, with the kinda high profile bombings and terror they unleash, its safe to say they got sponsors and no doubt from within.
There must be some bank where moneys are changing hands, accounts of all suspected sponsors should be monitored.
I also think a new minister of defence with military background and respect should be appointed, the defence ministry is way to sensitive to be politicised,
last time i checked, the minister of state for defence was a female politician - surprising.
i think u r right, but this people were never directly involve in any monetry transaction. They pass tru diffrent parties n representatvs who front their transactions for dem.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by collinsoft(m): 12:55pm On Jun 25, 2012
The boko haran menace is colosal. It did not spring forth today n i can assure u dat it will take wisdom n some level sincerity to clean up dis urgean's stable.
In my own sincere opinion, for the FG to get to d root of dis matter, d northern elites have a big role to play. Boko haram is not faceless as assumed in many quaters, d perpetrators are no one else but d indigenes of some of d nothern state.
GEJ should set up a committe to look into this social menace. This committe should be headed by the VP n d members should be drawn from the emirs in various path of the north. After all when the militant insurgent spring forth in the niger delta, the President in person of late yaradua sent GEJ all the way to d niger delta zone to broker peace with the menace in the region. Whta was the result armnesty.
Some person may be of the opinion dat if armnesty is granted boko haram another insurgent might spring forth from another region. While dis may be true, d whole issue on groung boils down to d level of corruption prevalent in the system. Lets fix d solution and not d fault.
D committee should be able to liase with this restless group and find out the true cause of agitation. There is no smoke without fire n no military group have succesfully won a guerilla war with an insurgent, maybe we can take a leaf from US. They have been in iraq and afghan nation for more than 10yrs now. Have their military weapon n technology put out d bombing going on in dis countries? D answer is no.
Lets keep praying to God to give GEJ d strength and fortitude to do d right thing, good afternoon all.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by dedeike: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
The president is already taking the right steps with his continuos restructuring of the security hierarchy. First, he replaced the DG of SSS. Then he replaced Hafiz Ringim and placed Abubakar on interim capacity so as to extract optimal performance from him. The recent sack of Azazi is also in order. Maybe as a scion of the caliphate, he will call his brothers to order. I heard Akilu may come aim as the defence Minister, that will be ok. It's in sync with community policing. Use homegrown people to fight homegrown terrorism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Decry Rising Price Of Food Items / Foreign Airlines Repatriate Over $4bn In 15 Months / Buhari Coup Was Done In Ignorance- Lar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.