Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,248 members, 7,867,649 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere (9864 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Go And Tell Your Father Shut UP- Afenifere Tells Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 4:37am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

Well, I hope it is that simple.
Lagos is the one city where Igbo have their biggest investment. My hunch is that they would try to have a peaceful resolution to issues of citizenship. They would want to stay there (at least initially), and would only leave willingly after Biafra or Alaigbo offers something better (which will happen in the future). T[b]he problem is that some Yoruba elements[/b] may attempt something funny before that peaceful departure.

You mean like Katsumoto? Trust me, that niggerrr has NO liver. There is no way he is leaving his ghetto abode in the UK for some unpredictable Odua cause. He is like Ekt Bear, they like to make noise . . . we know them.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:38am On Apr 21, 2012
This discussion serves no purpose. When Nigeria splits apart, everyone will do what they need to do.

No point chatting/speculating about it here, is there?
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 4:39am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

That is why I saying all I'm saying here.
I noticed that we don't talk much about our problems. It is a dangerous mindset to have in Nigeria.

I get you bro. I dont think Nigeria 'll break today, it'll at least take about 3 yrs or so thats if it'll break. Between now and that 3 yrs is a chance to brace up and get out acts together - I know we can do it and we'll do it. We did so much in 1967-1970 even as we were under heavy fire, today we're much wiser and smarter and I think we can pull it off again. 3 yrs may not be too much but at least its something.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:39am On Apr 21, 2012
What we should be talking about is working towards this goal of seeing Nigeria end.

That is a helluva lot more interesting than this stuff..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 4:40am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

lol! I kicked his hinny a couple of weeks back. cheesy

I know.

I have a feeling he is crapping on himself as he types.

Keep up the good work Onlytruth. We know those who know what they are talking about. And we know those with great "GOOGLE" skills. grin
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 4:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Katsumoto:

Thats your opinion though. If some leave, others will simply take their places. The history of Lagos suggests that it is a dynamic city and it will continue to grow.
In the event of the collapse of the union, there will be very heavy economic realignments. That is the law of the jungle.
It would be in everyones interests to keep their investments relevant, but in the event of a land grab, things would rapidly be overtaken by cobwebs as there would be a scramble to divest before things hit rock bottom.

Its when you consider all these things that you get a glimpse of where Afenifere is coming from. Because, if the North goes, its gameover; anything would be possible after that.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 4:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

That is where we in the East come into the fray. I know Yoruba won't dare us. cool

hahahahahaha. . . .how many of you are left in East to join the fray when 75% of Lagos is Ibo and are stuck in there, cant get out? Another 75% of Kano and Kaduna are Ibo and up there battling for their property cant get out. The few in East are trying to build your new nation.

So who will follow the leadership of Onlytruth to return to Ore for a duel with Yoruba?
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
No, I am saying the "foreign" commercial stake in Lagos is way too high to be trifled with; it is humongous. There will be no bloodshed, strife or ethnic cleansing, because the place will collapse into nothingness.

Cheap blackmail. Instead of collapsing, it will become a less congested and less chaotic city. Whatever vacuum is created by the departing SS and South easterners will be occupied by other people.
Lagos was thriving long before they came and it will thrive long after they are gone.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 4:44am On Apr 21, 2012
I think I should go to bed on the last response. . . that was truly hillarious. I think you should be deposed as Eze of nDIGBO in NL, you are power drunk.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:45am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa. My brother.

Why are you trying to convince him?

What is the point? We have to make our own predictions as best as possible. But assuming that you've done a good job of that, then there is no real reason to care what an external party predicts/says.

Let us mind our business. He should mind his.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:45am On Apr 21, 2012
Okay, this is the point I exit the thread.

Bottomline for peace to reign in a disintegrated Nigeria:

There will be no FORCED mass movement of people back to their so called ancestral lands.
If you are Yoruba in Aba or Onitsha, you have become a Biafran by default with FULL citizenship rights.
The same MUST apply to all Nigerians living in the emergent nations.
Anything else will lead to the type of war never seen anywhere before.
A word is enough for the wise.

Signing off,
Yours truly,

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:46am On Apr 21, 2012
It is even better for external folk to think that Lagos will collapse after Nigeria divides, lol (so long as internal folk understand that it won't.)
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Katsumoto: 4:46am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

lol! I kicked his hinny a couple of weeks back. cheesy

You mean you kicked my hinny when you stated that Nigeria lost 5000 soldiers while trying to cross the Niger when your little brain forgot to tell you

1. A majority of the 5000 drowned and weren't killed by Biafrans
2. That the same Nigerian soldiers STILL crossed the Niger and went on to defeat its enemy.

Your little brain is celebrating the death of 5000 soldiers while your enemy was crossing into your homeland.

You were so humiliated that none of your brothers could even shield you, the Eze. The only support you received was from a man who is obsessed with me and will be obsessed till he gets a heart attack.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Nnanne m Ikenna, I sent you an email.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
In the event of the collapse of the union, there will be very heavy economic realignments. That is the law of the jungle.
It would be in everyones interests to keep their investments relevant, but in the event of a land grab, things would rapidly be overtaken by cobwebs as there would be a scramble to divest before things hit rock bottom.

Its when you consider all these things that you get a glimpse of where Afenifere is coming from. Because, if the North goes, its gameover; anything would be possible after that.

You are partially right, because only the UN can prevent Odua Republic from annexing the SS and any other Mickey Mouse republics that might be created therein.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 4:49am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

Well, I hope it is that simple.
Lagos is the one city where Igbo have their biggest investment. My hunch is that they would try to have a peaceful resolution to issues of citizenship. They would want to stay there (at least initially), and would only leave willingly after Biafra or Alaigbo offers something better (which will happen in the future). The problem is that some Yoruba elements may attempt something funny before that peaceful departure.
I strongly believe common sense will prevail in the event of a break up. In fact, I will wager that Lagos state would be at the forefront of a negotiation for Southern Nigeria, because it has way too much to lose. Almost all the banks are owned by SS people and almost all the trade is owned by SE people; how is anyone going to survive that pulling out?

The "foreigners" would also not want to lose business and property in Lagos, so they would be very amenable to a negotiated settlement. I would, rather than see my property become worthless or even lost.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:50am On Apr 21, 2012
I made a comment earlier to shymmex...some things are for discussion PRIVATELY, outside of NL. Others are for public consumption.

If there was a private Yorubaland forum or whatever, then yes, it makes sense to discuss the merits/demerits, impact on Lagos, etc of the country splitting up.

But how can you be discussing strategy with folks who aren't on the same team as you? It makes no sense.

What is the point of a Yoruba man discussing Lagos with someone like Beaf?

I honestly don't get it. We aren't on the same side..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 4:50am On Apr 21, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO: Onlytruth, after they burn Lagos, how would they get out to head East? . . . or do they plan on dying in their inferno?

I want to see how Ibo will burn Lagos and then travel through Ogun and Ondo states safely on his escape route back home.

Bro, the truth is that we're all trapped in some kind of way here. East is playing host to SW citizens in Enugu and PH just like SW is host to Easterners in Lagos. You see, this is a game none of us will win if we let chaos determine our outcome. I dont expect the West to sit by and watch Easterners roast Westerners just as I dont expect East to be that silly and irresponsible if West is killing Easterners. Smart heads will prevail eventually, you can bet on it.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:52am On Apr 21, 2012
It is like the Chicago Bulls discussing strategy with the Miami Heat.

Makes no sense...some stuff has to be internal and not for public consumption.

Public discussion where our mutual interest ALIGNS, private discussion where it doesn't.

Simple.

Mutual interest aligns so far as seeing Nigeria divided. Beyond that..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 4:54am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth: Nnanne m Ikenna, I sent you an email.

Ok, great.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:54am On Apr 21, 2012
If you want to talk about the economic impact on Lagos...hell, maybe I should start up a private forum for some of us to discuss those things.

If you want to talk about some of those strategies I mentioned...again, private forum.

But this surely is not the thread for Yoruba folk to be talking about that type of stuff...
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 4:54am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

Cheap blackmail. Instead of collapsing, it will become a less congested and less chaotic city. Whatever vacuum is created by the departing SS and South easterners will be occupied by other people.
Lagos was thriving long before they came and it will thrive long after they are gone.
It will collapse, bro. I am sure the sheer magnitude of investments has not hit you yet. What will you do without banks for example? How do you cope with the sheer volume of cash any banks moving out would take along? How do you keep any decent property prices when Igbo business men, Igbo traders and banks are selling up and making a dash for the door?

Its not a scenario that would encourage positive economic growth. In fact, it might turn out to be a fatal shock.
Finance doesn't thrive on mere sentiment.

1 Like

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 4:57am On Apr 21, 2012
Show me one trade greater than GLO or Oando! You must so stup!d to think selling pirated CDs or spare part is what Lagos burn to sail. Global fleet nko?

The richest nigerians on forbes are
1. Aliko Dangote
2. Mike Adenugu
3. Jimoh Ibrahim

the last two plus wale Tinubu worth more than your entire south east region.

Beaf:
I strongly believe common sense will prevail in the event of a break up. In fact, I will wager that Lagos state would be at the forefront of a negotiation for Southern Nigeria, because it has way too much to lose. Almost all the banks are owned by SS people and almost all the trade is owned by SE people; how is anyone going to survive that pulling out?

The "foreigners" would also not want to lose business and property in Lagos, so they would be very amenable to a negotiated settlement. I would, rather than see my property become worthless or even lost.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:59am On Apr 21, 2012
Actually you know what. It is a free world. Talk about whatever you want bro...who am I to tell you what to do?

Just realize that his own motivations differ from yours. What maximizes his interest is not what maximizes yours, necessarily.

So it isn't necessarily worth paying too much attention to what they say..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 5:00am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

You are partially right, because only the UN can prevent Odua Republic from annexing the SS and any other Mickey Mouse republics that might be created therein.
But we will have the money to clobber you repeatedly na! grin
You think war is cheap biz?

Oyel = power. grin
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 5:01am On Apr 21, 2012
Actually, if Seun had private, invitation only subforums on this site, that would be very useful.

Hrm..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 5:03am On Apr 21, 2012
Actually I'll "friend" you guys, then see about setting up some sort of forum where actual pro-Yoruba folk here on NL can talk about these issues privately.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 5:07am On Apr 21, 2012
I suppose Fstranger should be included, annoying as that dude is. He means well, but is just misguided..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 5:08am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: I made a comment earlier to shymmex...some things are for discussion PRIVATELY, outside of NL. Others are for public consumption.

If there was a private Yorubaland forum or whatever, then yes, it makes sense to discuss the merits/demerits, impact on Lagos, etc of the country splitting up.

But how can you be discussing strategy with folks who aren't on the same team as you? It makes no sense.

What is the point of a Yoruba man discussing Lagos with someone like Beaf?

I honestly don't get it. We aren't on the same side..
Look at this internet hero! Me when be omo Eko dan dan ni!
Americana, somebody like you would have to take permission from me to move an inch in Lagos!
If is say, "sit down!" You will bloody sit down,

You nefa see sontin. I remember during the MKO crisis when only men could venture on the highway; you should have seen how people were taking permission from me and my brother! "Egbon mi! Alaye! Fada! Will you allow us to pass?" grin grin grin

Ol' boy! Don't test me in Lagos o! I will sell you and then sell your soul! cool
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 5:10am On Apr 21, 2012
Brilliant thought! Others are exchanging mails privately, putting all options on table and all that. There is a cold war out there, until when you step out.

ekt_bear: Actually I'll "friend" you guys, then see about setting up some sort of forum where actual pro-Yoruba folk here on NL can talk about these issues privately.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 5:13am On Apr 21, 2012
Indeed.

I'm setting up the forum as we speak.

Once it is set up, I'll send out the invites.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 5:13am On Apr 21, 2012
We all can see how 1967-70 shaped our horrible perception of one another. I think its unarguable to say that we've not recovered fully from the pains and hate of that bitter war. It'll be foolish for this younger generation to start another cycle of violence and hate which will live in our memories and that of our children for hundreds of yrs to come. Common sense tells me West and East are too close and also genetically related for them to dable into an all out war over a simple thing as right to stay if and when Nigeria expires. We all must resist the temptation to bring our peoples in a head-on collision. Time to sleep.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Supreme Court Dismisses Suit To Compel PDP To Zone Presidency To South East / The Kogi Agenda Prevailed, Time For Greater Achievements - Usman Ododo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.