Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,117 members, 7,867,226 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere (9861 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Go And Tell Your Father Shut UP- Afenifere Tells Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 2:10am On Apr 21, 2012
So from your own words, if your goal is to tackle unemployment, doesn't it tell you that the way to salvation then is not oil?

So why are you so obsessed with the oil? Is it that oil that will provide jobs for everyone?

Like, why not follow the logical implications of your own beliefs and statements?

And this is an educated man who has had the benefit of seeing the world, seeing how things are done elsewhere.

And you still reason like this? undecided

What was the point of all this education your parents helped you obtain if you won't use it?

O ti su mi
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 2:12am On Apr 21, 2012
strangerf:

You know what you have up there is wrong?

Which aspect? Be more specific...don't do another Merrill Lynch.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva: Stranger has made some valid points. Let's now throw away the baby with the bath water. Without oil, all regions in Nigeria will experience a backlash and it will take a long time for some of them to recover.

Oil will become less and less central to our GDP as the economy is diversified. It will not dry suddenly and "F/U/C/K" Nigeria up. It will go the same way it came - Gradually.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 2:20am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva: Stranger has made some valid points. Let's now throw away the baby with the bath water. Without oil, all regions in Nigeria will experience a backlash and it will take a long time for some of them to recover.

In the short term, yes.

You lose some fraction of your economy for sure. But given that this part of the economy was the slowest growing anyway...

Let's put it this way. You have a pie. Someone offers you two choices:

A) He'll takes away 10% of it from you. The rest grows at 9% per year.
B) You keep the entire pie. But now it only grows at 5%.

Which option do you take (assuming that you can manage the temporary loss)?

One cannot let short term pain blind you from long-term gain.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 2:21am On Apr 21, 2012
With that said...it depends on the type of leadership Yorubaland has.

If it somebody like Fstranger, who despite all the advantages and exposure he has in life reasons like Lamidi Adedibu, then hell no to any Yoruba Republic, and long live Nigeria cheesy grin

You cannot have a man with primitive mentality be the one to lead us forward.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 2:24am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

Oil will become less and less central to our GDP as the economy is diversified. It will not dry suddenly and "F/U/C/K" Nigeria up. It will go the same way it came - Gradually.

LOL.

90% of our GDP? Less central? SMH Let ND break away peren or somehow the oil dries up . . . WE ARE ALL F/U/C/K/E/D
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 2:26am On Apr 21, 2012
Anyways, i think every region will really do well should Nigeria eventually integrate because, it's not as if the oil money or it's dividends even gets to the ordinary man on the street. So, the average Biafran, Oduan or Arewa republican will have a reason to smile. the only people that will be on the losing side of the divide are the greedy politicians who have benefited immensely from the corrupt oil wealth.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 21, 2012
Where's is Fstranger? Ekt bear is eviscerating you here o! shocked shocked shocked shocked

He is merciless.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 2:28am On Apr 21, 2012
I'm sorry. I just hate when people spew garbage out of their mouth. It angers me that this guy has had the benefit of going to school in the USA, yet still reasons like a bush man.

What is the point of this education if you will still shout "OYEL?"
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 2:29am On Apr 21, 2012
strangerf:

LOL.

90% of our GDP? Less central? SMH Let ND break away peren or somehow the oil dries up . . . WE ARE ALL F/U/C/K/E/D
LOL @ WE ARE ALL F/U/C/K/E/D

I understand your worries, but i think everything will be just fine. Like i said, the ordinary masses won't be able to tell the difference between an oil based economy and a non-oil based one. All they want are the very basic amenities which other sectors than help to provide.

I think our obsession with oil have made Nigerian leaders and follows to be a mentally lazy bunch.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 2:42am On Apr 21, 2012
shymmex:

Bradford is just a small city, and it's of no use to the UK.. Lagos on the other hand, is where most of the new Oodua republic's money would come from - [size=14pt]and how can you put people who are about 50% of the population combined in check - without infringing on the rights of your own citizens[/size]?

Great question with a very simple answer: PARTITION INTO ENCLAVES LIKE IN SARAJEVO. cool

ekt_bear:

Bro, chill. [b]We got this. Ain't a thang. Seriously. [/b]Your energies would be better invested in worrying about other aspects of this proposal cheesy

Talk is always cheap. lol
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 2:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Well, in the event that Nigeria breaks up and we obtain our independence, we'll indeed find out whether talk was cheap or not.

Heh
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 2:54am On Apr 21, 2012
Let me predict what would most likely happen in Lagos after Nigeria's disintegration.
IT DEPENDS ON A LOT OF THINGS.

My quickest guess is that Lagos would become a special separate country like The Vatican. In all, all Lagosians ( residents, owners of land and buildings/investments) would have EQUAL and FULL citizenship rights in the nation of Lagos. The nation of Lagos would relate with all other nations that came out of Nigeria as she may want depending on the political persuasions of Lagos citizens.

The same would likely be Abuja's fate.

Anything short of these will LIKELY lead to conflict, for sure. The conflict may be short lived, or endless depending on how interest groups play the game.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 3:00am On Apr 21, 2012
So, let me call a spade a spade.
Any forced ouster of residents and property owners, whether by hook or crook in Lagos or Abuja, will certainly lead to a war.
I know that most people would want to avoid war.
The smartest way to avoid war is to remind kids that you cannot drive large populations out of their areas of domicile in the broken up pieces of Nigeria. Somehow I think that educated and MATURE people know this already.
So no point over-emphasizing it.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 3:01am On Apr 21, 2012
Sarajevo first. Now Vatician.

You must be high as a kite, lol.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 3:04am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Sarajevo first. Now Vatician.

You must be high as a kite, lol.

Sarajevo = WORST CASE SCENARIO
Vatican = BEST CASE SCENARIO

Think for once dude! chei! undecided cheesy
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 3:04am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva:
LOL @ WE ARE ALL F/U/C/K/E/D

I understand your worries, but i think everything will be just fine. Like i said, the ordinary masses won't be able to tell the difference between an oil based economy and a non-oil based one. All they want are the very basic amenities which other sectors than help to provide.

I think our obsession with oil have made Nigerian leaders and follows to be a mentally lazy bunch.

I disagree. Who is gonna build the roads? You know that "evisceration" Aigbofa is talking about, whos gonna teach him how to spell it? What about Security, you think they are bad now? Wait, we will be worse that Haiti.

The truth is that a non-oil economy is the best for us, better if we have both obviously, but we are no Germany, and we are not as hardworking. We dont have any technology to sell to the rest of the world. Mechanized agriculture is great, that is if we are the food basket to the rest of the world, as of now, we cant even feed ourselves. We are a net importer of food. I dont know of any sensible investor that would be willing to invest in an economy that cant even cater for her own domestic need. Our manufacturing sector s/u/c/k/s; Ajaokuta has remained dormant for how many years now? I can go on, but I am sure you get the point.

If that "oyel" dries up, oh mehn, grin grin grin grin we are f/u/c/k/e/d, because we really cant do shyt.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 3:05am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

Sarajevo = WORST CASE SCENARIO
Vatican = BEST CASE SCENARIO

Think for once dude! chei! undecided cheesy

I am happy you can see beyond his dubious facade. Well, I am glad he is putting up a good show for Aigbofa.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 3:07am On Apr 21, 2012
You missed the point. It isn't about best or worst. It is that neither will happen.

Anyway, not much profit in me bloviating about this subject (at least with you). At some point, if/when Nigeria splits, we will see.

Heh
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2012
When you get your teeth kicked in during a discussion, do you typically run away until somebody else interacts with the guy who shattered your mouth? grin

Adedibu, we hail you
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 3:11am On Apr 21, 2012
Stop smoking crap and day dreaming. Should nigeria disintegrate, abuja is going to pure north and lagos pure southwest followed by massive looting and slected killings of non native,.. Do you think we are going to allow anyone linger around our federal capital?

Go build your village or enugu or something and make it your capital. All one nigeria crap and bullshit will everporate, just as the jos natives and southern kaduna would push back the hausa fulanis

You won't have that opportunity to open market at sabon gari, as your brothers are all going to be deported, why should you even think of lagos?

Onlytruth: Let me predict what would most likely happen in Lagos after Nigeria's disintegration.

My quickest guess is that Lagos would become a special separate country like The Vatican. In all, all Lagosians ( residents, owners of land and buildings/investments) would have EQUAL and FULL citizenship rights in the nation of Lagos. The nation of Lagos would relate with all other nations that came out of Nigeria as she may want depending on the political persuasions of Lagos citizens.

Anything short of these will LIKELY lead to conflict, for sure. The conflict may be short lived, or endless depending on how interest groups play the game.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 3:12am On Apr 21, 2012
Also, lmao at Onlytruth of all people say "think for once" undecided

Mr GRE telling someone else to think for once.

Why do threads like this attract confused idiots? First Fstranger, now this guy..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 3:12am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: You missed the point. It isn't about best or worst. It is that neither will happen.

Anyway, not much profit in me bloviating about this subject (at least with you). At some point, if/when Nigeria splits, we will see.

Heh

Sure of course! Wasn't trying to convince you or something. undecided Just laying out reality as it is.
When some Nigerians threaten war in case of disintegration, it is because of dumb schemes that may come from really dumb people.
I personally know that Nigeria can disintegrate peacefully. I'm just telling smart folks out there that there is a peaceful way, because I know that is what they are scared of most. Sarajevo would be a child's play should anyone attempt any ethnic cleansing in Lagos.
Nuff said.
I'm out. cool cool cool
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 3:15am On Apr 21, 2012
Rhino, it would be a bit foolhardy to do any selective killing (if one were so inclined) right away. You'll attract negative attention from the rest of the world, they'll portray you poorly, etc.

There are other strategies (more subtle) that one can use to achieve the same objectives.

Anyway, imo we should leave it at that. This particular subject is one for discussing privately, not publicly on an internet forum lol.

Let us say no more on the subject...back to the topic at hand.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 3:17am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth: Let me predict what would most likely happen in Lagos after Nigeria's disintegration.

Nwannem I think Lagos will, by default, be part and parcel of Oduaa. The only thing I see is that its status as the financial center of West Africa will take a giant hit as all the new nations will be racing to the top. In the end things will level off and we all will be fine. ekt_bear is very optimistic and there's nothing wrong with it. You know, the easiest way to fail is to fail before you begin.

Anyway, for us in the East it'll be good riddance to bad rubbish, we've not benefited anything from this nation since 1967 so who cares if Nigeria breaks into 1000 tiny bits. What I do know is that in the end people who're culturally compatible will make alliances and do their thing while those that are incompatible will go their separate ways.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 3:21am On Apr 21, 2012
Invest your money back home and stop salivating on others cities. Go claim PH or south south or something. We are going to control our economy and no one can stop us. Forget Lagos! Se on sere ni?

SMH! In your warped mind, south east is for you alone and then you want to stretch over to south west or core north? If it possible then let the ghanians try to dominate abuja and let see.

Africa is africa, nigeria is nigeria, nothing is going to change in the next 200 years!

Onlytruth:

Sure of course! Wasn't trying to convince you or something. undecided Just laying out reality as it is.
When some Nigerians threaten war in case of disintegration, it is because of dumb schemes that may come from really dumb people.
I personally know that Nigeria can disintegrate peacefully. I'm just telling smart folks out there that there is a peaceful way, because I know that is what they are scared of most. Sarajevo would be a child's play should anyone attempt any ethnic cleansing in Lagos.
Nuff said.
I'm out. cool cool cool
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 3:22am On Apr 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Nwannem I think Lagos will, by default, be part and parcel of Oduaa. The only thing I see is that its status as the financial center of West Africa will take a giant hit as all the new nations will be racing to the top. In the end things will level off and we all will be fine. ekt_bear is very optimistic and there's nothing wrong with it. You know, the easiest way to fail is to fail before you begin.

Anyway, for us in the East it'll be good riddance to bad rubbish, we've not benefited anything from this nation since 1967 so who cares if Nigeria breaks into 1000 tiny bits. What I do know is that in the end people who're culturally compatible will make alliances and do their thing while those that are incompatible will go their separate ways.

Not true, Lagos belongs to everyone!

1 Like

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by aljharem(m): 3:23am On Apr 21, 2012
strangerf:

Not true, Lagos belongs to everyone!

thank you !!!
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 3:27am On Apr 21, 2012
strangerf:

I disagree. Who is gonna build the roads? You know that "evisceration" Aigbofa is talking about, whos gonna teach him how to spell it? What about Security, you think they are bad now? Wait, we will be worse that Haiti.

The truth is that a non-oil economy is the best for us, better if we have both obviously, but we are no Germany, and we are not as hardworking. We dont have any technology to sell to the rest of the world. Mechanized agriculture is great, that is if we are the food basket to the rest of the world, as of now, we cant even feed ourselves. We are a net importer of food. I dont know of any sensible investor that would be willing to invest in an economy that cant even cater for her own domestic need. Our manufacturing sector s/u/c/k/s; Ajaokuta has remained dormant for how many years now? I can go on, but I am sure you get the point.

If that "oyel" dries up, oh mehn, grin grin grin grin we are f/u/c/k/e/d, because we really cant do shyt.

We can do sh1t grin grin grin. The problem is that we've left all the talents in this country redundant. We probably have the most creative and intelligent people in black Africa. We have people that can turn water to wine and stone to gold but we're not utilizing those human resources that's inherent in Nigerians because of OYEL. If we can get rid of this oil mentality, we'll get back to work. We may not be able to compete with the asian tiger for the time being, but we'll be able to build roads, hospitals, provide portable water and all the necessary amenities that the citizenry needs.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 3:28am On Apr 21, 2012
I'm a realist! Thats just the truth! It happened in south africa, recently. Or do you think the new Oodua republic would act differently? The first thing you do in a new country is to take control of your economy and how do you that in a jungle?

This is africa and thats the way its gonna be, for the next 500 years. Pray tell you live that long cool

ekt_bear: Rhino, it would be a bit foolhardy to do any selective killing (if one were so inclined) right away. You'll attract negative attention from the rest of the world, they'll portray you poorly, etc.

There are other strategies (more subtle) that one can use to achieve the same objectives.

Anyway, imo we should leave it at that. This particular subject is one for discussing privately, not publicly on an internet forum lol.

Let us say no more on the subject...back to the topic at hand.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 3:28am On Apr 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Nwannem I think Lagos will, by default, be part and parcel of Oduaa. [/b]The only thing I see is that its status as the financial center of West Africa will take a giant hit as all the new nations will be racing to the top. In the end things will level off and we all will be fine.[b] ekt_bear is very optimistic and there's nothing wrong with it. You know, the easiest way to fail is to fail before you begin.

At first bolded, my brother that is not the vibe I've been getting from our people in Lagos, and I mean even from early 1990s (after the Abiola riots). My closest friend who is from Imo state (who had lived in the Ikeja area of Lagos for MANY YEARS) told me point blank that they were making plans to quote "burn down Lagos" should the Yoruba try any nonsense there. This was in 1993 o!
Now,fastforward today, I have MANY brothers who own properties there, and others telling me the same thing (actually sometime worse should a war come).
There have been an explosion of the number of our people who own houses in Lagos in recent times.
All I see is a SURE war there unless sanity prevails. I wouldn't take the ekt-bears of that zone seriously though, because I don't even know whether he has ever lived in Nigeria. lol

@ Second bolded. I don't think you understood what ekt-bear is saying. Go back and read again. He is implying (openly), they they should enthnically cleanse Lagos of non-indigenes(actually non-Yoruba, since he is from ekiti state and not even a Lagosian) , using subtle strategies.

IMHO, that can only lead to war there. Simples.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 3:30am On Apr 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
I'm a realist! Thats just the truth! It happened in south africa, recently. Or do you think the new Oodua republic would act differently? The first thing you do in a new country is to take control of your economy and how do you that in a jungle?

This is africa and thats the way its gonna be, for the next 500 years. Pray tell you live that long cool

I know. But it is one of those things that if you talk about openly make you look bad. Anyway, there are ways to accomplish whatever objective you want that will still look good on TV, won't make you look like a villain to 3rd parties, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn / This Is Why Innoson Is Being Punished By Fg / Osinbajo: There’s Need To Take Another Look At Amended NBC Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.