Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,438 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere (9862 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Go And Tell Your Father Shut UP- Afenifere Tells Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2012
shymmex:

Have you read the ECOWAS constitution?? It's similar to EU constitution, and EU was set up primarily for economic integration - but it has since shifted to migration.
hmm
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:23am On Apr 21, 2012
Kwara and Kogi will be fine. The Sarakis are big boys and not entirely stupid.

If Nigeria splits up, no doubt Itsekiris will also be able to determine where they want to go.

Again, this is another issue that can be handled easily by referendum.

It is somewhat annoying how relatively simple matters that can be solved pretty easily, you turn into dragons undecided
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 12:25am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

Average Nigerian mentally lazy? The military is to blame for distorting the economy by focusing solely on oil and neglecting agriculture which was mainstay of the economy long before oil was discovered.
The average Nigerian does not benefit from the oil, why then do you think they care about the oil?
So why is it that each time we have a discussion, 95% of people cannot see a way forward outside oil? It is annoying. Sometimes I actually start wondering if the discredited research about Nigeria's IQ levels was true afterall; it is a horrible thought, but it does strike me.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:26am On Apr 21, 2012
Basically if Nigeria splits up, and if your concern is that Yorubaland in Kwara or Kogi will somehow join the North, I think your concerns are overblown.

Their leaders aren't morons, right? Lol.

And certainly the people are not morons.

Regarding Itsekiri...well in my opinion, when Nigeria splits up, so will Delta State, and the various groups there will realign with whoever they feel more comfortable with.

But that is neither here nor there. Long story short, stop borrowing another man's trouble.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by DaLover(m): 12:29am On Apr 21, 2012
shymmex: Some dimwits are better ignored.. undecided

I'm not in the mood for your bs tonight - go play in traffic with your mates, dalover..

And what type of grown man calls himself, DaLover? Talk about an insecure neanderthal still finding a lover.. undecided

Third lesson....all about loving yourself..a good bulk low self esteem comes from self hatred, it usually manifest itself as unreasonable outrage towards others, feeling of depending on others for survival and the need to forcefully take from other what does not belong to you...

this exercise will solve this issue your obviously have.....
Ensure the room is totally bright, switch on the gen set if need be.. Now stand naked looking into a mirror..and repeat, several times

"Monkey no fine, but im mama like am"

end of this lesson
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
I actually don't care if you are from my village, just get your head in gear.

Lagos has investments, because it used to be the capital. Abuja is currently enjoying the same sort priviledges and is by far the most developed part of the country. What I am stressing here is that none of that development is due to brain power and application of creativity.

The average Nigerian has sadly sunk into an abyss of mental laziness that says it is impossible to get money outside oil. A country like Japan has few mineral resources, maybe just sand; yet they are the 3rd biggest economy in the World. What I am asking you to do is simply to pick up courage; there is more wealth in the mind of your fellow man than there is in a thousand barrels of oil. How can such minds be tapped to make your region and every other self-reliant?

I had to laugh at the bolded part. grin

It displayed your ignorance about, who the Japanese were before the 2nd world war... Nigeria doesn't even possess the technological know-how Japan had in the 1920s.. You're comparing apples to oranges here, bruv.

I'm not against diversifying the economy - but back your points up with plausible examples - not fallacies.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
So why is it that each time we have a discussion, 95% of people cannot see a way forward outside oil? It is annoying. Sometimes I actually start wondering if the discredited research about Nigeria's IQ levels was true afterall; it is a horrible thought, but it does strike me.

The people who care about the oil are the same people who would not entertain any idea of restructuring Nigeria.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 12:31am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Basically if Nigeria splits up, and if your concern is that Yorubaland in Kwara or Kogi will somehow join the North, I think your concerns are overblown.

Regarding Itsekiri...well in my opinion, when Nigeria splits up, so will Delta State, and the various groups there will realign with whoever they feel more comfortable with.

But that is neither here nor there. Long story short, stop borrowing another man's trouble.
Delta state will most likely join with Edo to form a country, or we might all look toward the East and Middle Belt, if the SW goes on its own. It is only those without a clue that think it will split; there is no Itsekiri man that does not have Urhobo first cousins and vice-versa. Many Urhobo's bear Itsekiri surnames, just as many Itsekiri's bear Urhobo surnames.
I find the NL preocupation with us to be borne of ignorance.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 12:32am On Apr 21, 2012
shymmex:

I had to laugh at the bolded part. grin

It displayed your ignorance about, who the Japanese were before the 2nd world war... Nigeria doesn't even possess the technological know-how Japan had in the 1920s.. You're comparing apples to oranges here, bruv.

I'm not against diversifying the economy - but back your points up with plausible examples - not fallacies.
Yeah, before WWII they had oil, init? Ode!
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Basically if Nigeria splits up, and if your concern is that Yorubaland in Kwara or Kogi will somehow join the North, I think your concerns are overblown.

The split up is not going to be as easy as you think it is going to be. Ijaws/Isoko may lay claims to either Ilaje or Itsekiri lands in Delta - don't you think that would get the Yorubas involved?

How about the Fulanis in Ilorin? You think they would just vacate, where they have lived for generations - and move up North.. It would also be an uphill task to tell all the ethnic groups in Lagos to go back to their home states - bare in mind, some of them have been there for generations - and Lagos is the only place they know.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by DaLover(m): 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012

You obviously need to read more about delta state
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012
I personally don't much care about Delta. I do care about the Itsekiri, though.

All I am saying is...there are some fairly safe bets one can make about who will align with who once Nigeria splits. So shymmex's fears are unfounded, in my opinion

Anyway, I don't particularly want this into a Delta thread though...let's simply agree to disagree.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 12:35am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
Delta state will most likely join with Edo to form a country, or we might all look toward the East and Middle Belt, if the SW goes on its own. It is only those without a clue that think it will split; there is no Itsekiri man that does not have Urhobo first cousins and vice-versa. Many Urhobo's bear Itsekiri surnames, just as many Itsekiri's bear Urhobo surnames.
I find the NL preocupation with us to be borne of ignorance.
Delta state is more complicated than some people think. Urhobos, Itshekiris, Isokos and maybe Ijaws have so much intertwined that at times it's not easy to tell one from the other. ok, maybe not. But they've become so related despite the constant fighting in-between them. So, the fate of one group will, to a large extent determine the fate of the other.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 12:35am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

The people who care about the oil are the same people who would not entertain any idea of restructuring Nigeria.
That is not true. 95% of Nigerians cannot imagine life without oil and neither do they even remotely [b]understand [/b]what restructuring Nigeria entails. Then there is a small dishonest percentage that believes true federalism means more money from Abuja.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
Yeah, before WWII they had oil, init? Ode!

I'm done with you! Go and read about the RISE OF JAPAN AFTER WWII!!

Give me plausible examples, of countries that became successful without natural resources... I don't want to hear about Japan, South Korea (52nd state of US), Switzerland, and Luxembourg..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2012
The name AFRICA and BLACKS alone would scare investors off - and it's a known fact that Europeans/USA would never invest in a country they can't exploit.

South Korea was developed by America for strategic reasons...
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:39am On Apr 21, 2012
shymmex:

The split up is not going to be as easy as you think it is going to be. Ijaws/Isoko may lay claims to either Ilaje or Itsekiri lands in Delta - don't you think that would get the Yorubas involved?

How about the Fulanis in Ilorin? You think they would just vacate, where they have lived for generations - and move up North.. It would also be an uphill task to tell all the ethnic groups in Lagos to go back to their home states - bare in mind, some of them have been there for generations - and Lagos is the only place they know.

Ultimately, they'll resolve the issue in Delta one way or another. It would be silly to say that I don't want Nigeria to split because of it.

Ain't too many Fulani in Ilorin. They can stay there leave...it doesn't matter, really. Who cares?

Regarding Lagos, I am not advocating Hitler-style mass deportation or something...whoever is there presently can stay.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
That is not true. 95% of Nigerians cannot imagine life without oil and neither do they even remotely [b]understand [/b]what restructuring Nigeria entails. Then there is a small dishonest percentage that believes true federalism means more money from Abuja.

I must belong to the other 5% then. I believe oil did more damage to Nigeria than good. How can true federalism mean more money from Abuja? How does that work?
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 12:41am On Apr 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Delta state is more complicated than some people think. Urhobos, Itshekiris, Isokos and maybe Ijaws have so much intertwined that at times it's not easy to tell one from the other. ok, maybe not. But they've become so related despite the constant fighting in-between them. So, the fate of one group will, to a large extent determine the fate of the other.
Thank you jare! A lot of people think they can come between us with divide and rule, because we have our little family quarrels (I know Warri man's "little" is like massive shiit to the Shymmexes of this World sha grin).
There is no way to seperate us, cos we are strongly glued together.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 12:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Katsumoto:

He is not a North lover. He is one of those who earned stripes during the June 12/Abacha saga but it appears he has lost his damn mind. The problem with those in Afenifere is that they are not currently relevant in the affairs of the SW. This sometimes makes them to yarn dust.

Nigerian leaders are known for putting self-interest above communal interest. Perhaps he is concerned about how the breakup of Nigeria will affect him and has decided to use that opportunity to send a message to the North.

I think you should write your own history books . . . to be read by diasporans and other lost and confused souls like your addressee. SMH
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 12:42am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

I must belong to the other 5% then. I believe oil did more damage to Nigeria than good. How can true federalism mean more money from Abuja? How does that work?
+100
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:43am On Apr 21, 2012
shymmex: The name AFRICA and BLACKS alone would scare investors off - and it's a known fact that Europeans/USA would never invest in a country they can't exploit.

South Korea was developed by America for strategic reasons...

Bleh

Not this sh1t again undecided

Come on dude, this is 2012, not 1950s or antebellum North Carolina..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 12:45am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

For the more money from Abuja argument, look to ACN's points for true federalism. If they didn't have that more money from Abuja nonsense, it would have been easy to drive the argument through the NASS with the entire South united.

You are right that oil is at the root of our problems, especially corruption and lack of development.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear:

Ultimately, they'll resolve the issue in Delta one way or another. It would be silly to say that I don't want Nigeria to split because of it.

Ain't too many Fulani in Ilorin. They can stay there leave...it doesn't matter, really. Who cares?

Regarding Lagos, I am not advocating Hitler-style mass deportation or something...whoever is there presently can stay.

Don't you think the large population of other ethnic groups in Lagos - would be a major security risk for Yorubas?? Judging by NL, most of them are not even loyal to their host - and why would you to have an enemy territory at the heart of your financial centre?

Since, most of have not been loyal - and I doubt they would ever be, how do you take care of them without any bloodshed??
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:47am On Apr 21, 2012

The same way other countries that have lot of immigrants/non-natives deal with it?

wtf man?

Have you been to Canada?

Houston?

London?

How does it matter on a day to day basis?

Why do you love constantly inventing problems that don't exist or have easy solutions?
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:49am On Apr 21, 2012
Some parts of south texas, demographically feel like Mexico.

Is the US shitting its pants as a result of this?

There are ways to deal with it, not a big deal...
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear:
Bleh

You make think I'm naive, but that's the reality.. That's how the world works - if it was that easy, when Obasanjo was traveling all over the world during his first tenure, seeking investments - how come no one wanted to invest in Nigeria??

Why did Vodafone ask Nigeria to give them the GSM license for free - before MTN paid millions of dollars for the same license?? Why did Richard Branson sell Virgin Nigeria to Jimoh Ibrahim

The truth is that these people don't see anything good in Africa - and getting them to invest here would be an uphill task.. They would invest in SA or North Africa - and probably wildlife in Kenya - but would definitely be hesitant to invest in other sub-saharan African country.. That's the reality, bruv.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear:
Bleh

You may think I'm naive, but that's the reality.. That's how the world works - if it was that easy, when Obasanjo was traveling all over the world during his first tenure, seeking investments - how come no one wanted to invest in Nigeria??

Why did Vodafone ask Nigeria to give them the GSM license for free - before MTN paid millions of dollars for the same license?? Why did Richard Branson sell Virgin Nigeria to Jimoh Ibrahim

The truth is that these people don't see anything good in Africa - and getting them to invest here would be an uphill task.. They would invest in SA or North Africa - and probably wildlife in Kenya - but would definitely be hesitant to invest in other sub-saharan African country.. That's the reality, bruv.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:51am On Apr 21, 2012
The type of question one should be asking is, "How do you deal with the budgetary shortfall, given that a large % of the spending of the SW governments is essentially oil-based?"

That is a lot harder a question to deal with than many of the ones you've asked..
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: ...

The same way other countries that have lot of immigrants/non-natives deal with it?

wtf man?

Have you been to Canada?

Houston?

London?

How does it matter on a day to day basis?

Why do you love constantly inventing problems that don't exist or have easy solutions?

I was raised in London, and I still live here. Minority don't make up to 10% of the UK population.. Blacks are only visible in London, and probably Birmingham, and we're not upto 2% of the population, FACT!!!

London, which has the largest minority population in the UK, we're not even upto 15% of the population of London.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 12:57am On Apr 21, 2012
@shymmex: I don't think it is an issue of whether one sees anything "good in Africa" or not.

As an investor, you want to put your money where it will get good returns, and the government won't meddle to destroy your profits if you are successful, or otherwise sabotage you.

By the way.. MTN and Vodafone's massive success in Nigeria. To you, does that make people more likely to invest or less likely?

I am not saying that finding investors is trivial. I just think that it is doable, if you put certain things in place.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 21, 2012
ekt_bear: The type of question one should be asking is, "How do you deal with the budgetary shortfall, given that a large % of the spending of the SW governments is essentially oil-based?"

That is a lot harder a question to deal with than many of the ones you've asked..

I believe SW can thrive on industralization, agriculture, and developing the other natural resources we have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Beautiful Igbo Girl Speaks On Biafra And Experience Living In Kano...Must Watch! / Will The Killings Ever Stop? / Implement 2014 Confab Report If You Are Sincere, Adebanjo Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.