Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,785 members, 7,862,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere (9858 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Go And Tell Your Father Shut UP- Afenifere Tells Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 4:03am On Apr 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Thats what they call us(non Igbos).

I move around alot and I know exactltly the mentality of most nigerians, including the minority tribes. Try picking up a property in onitsha and see how they gang against you and frustrate you to the last drop. Heck they wont even rent out shops to non Igbos!

Please stop lying jare and say the truth for once. The only problem you may encounter is not different from the the problems you encounter from the omo-oniles in Lagos. It's not like you've tried to own a house in Onitsha and you were discouraged by the natives.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:06am On Apr 21, 2012
alj harem:

Aboki for where, I be Awori-Egun man. Kete gbe o (proper awori for you)! cheesy

With that said, stop trying to create division between Lagos and her people. I know Afam real life and would not want him to get the impression of extreme views among Lagosians.

I will give you an assignment. Do it HONESTLY and come back to report your findings to us. Agree?
Here is the assignment.
Go to Alaba or tradefair or Idumota, Aguda Surulere, Satelite town, Festac, Somolu, Ikeja, Lekki or any other large concentrations of Igbo folks in Lagos and do a rough survey.
Ask them what they would do should Nigeria divide.
I have lived in Lagos and I know the place.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 4:10am On Apr 21, 2012
This is how you try to down play the truth and water down the obvious. It won't work or atleast not for me. I know exactly what am saying. Give it a break!

afam4eva:
Please stop lying jare and say the truth for once. The only problem you may encounter is not different from the the problems you encounter from the omo-oniles in Lagos. It's not like you've tried to own a house in Onitsha and you were discouraged by the natives.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Katsumoto: 4:10am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

A lot will move their investments to the East, but how do you move 10 houses of different types built under the One Nigeria belief to the East?
How do someone wake up to start being an immigrant with LIMITED rights in a land he has spent his life investments?
When you answer these questions, you'll see that it is even laughable to think that anyone (with houses) would move.
The Biafran war has skewed most of our world view, but I want you to remember that there will NEVER be a Biafralike war again. Everybody will have to fight alone.

Do you ever think that some of the unguarded comments you make on Nairaland about how the Igbo will battle the Hausa in Kano and the Yoruba in Lagos can actually get a man killed? You sit in the safety and comfort of your house in the US and you keep making noise about war and conflict. What really is your problem? You fan the embers of mistrust for absolutely no reason and you exacerbate the situation with unnecessary grand standing. If a man likes, let him have 200 houses, if he doesn't feel safe, his natural instincts will tell him to take off just like many Igbos did during the June 12 saga even when no one was targeting them.

@ Afam and Sam Ikenna

There will be no ethnic cleansing or witch hunt in Lagos or any part of the SW because there is nothing to suggest it. In all likelihood, Odua will embrace those who have made investments in Odua; naturally some others will prefer to move back to the east. Every man or investor will make the choice that suits him the most.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 4:12am On Apr 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
This is how you try to down play the truth and water down the obvious. It won't work or atleast not for me. I know exactly what am saying. Give it a break!

Have you tried buying a house anywhere in the east and you were scared off? Answer pls.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 4:13am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

My brother the problem is that we have our brothers who are Lagosians. Born and raised there. There are also our brothers who want to stay there. We cannot throw them under the bus if anyone attempts any b/sheet with them.
But in all honesty I suspect they can fight for themselves there.
Of course, all these are worst case scenarios. It all depends on how Yoruba folks approach the issue.

Look, the leadership of the West knows the East has a large chunk of their citizens in Enugu and PH. It'll be suicidal for them to try any BS - reasons being that (1) East has a substantial population that can put up stiff opposition eventhough they'll lose in the end because the turf belongs to Yoruba - meaning they'll be indirectly burning their beloved city down. (2) Cleasing a people portrays the cleanser-nation in a horrible light - who will come in and invest in that country again? (3) East can also extract their own pound of flesh by doing the same to SW citizens in Enugu and PH. You see, its a no win-win situation if we all go down the path of hate and violence. All these people here advocating for ethnic cleansing dont even know who'll be brought home to them in a box, it could be their brother or sister.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 4:15am On Apr 21, 2012
I wonder what all the long arguments about Lagos are if Nigeria breaks up tomorrow?
The banks and media are owned by SS people, trade is owned by SE people, customs is run by Northerners etc. The place will simply collapse and not be worth anybodies fight.
Cost of property will plummet to worthlessness as is happening in the boko haram areas.

A break up is not something any pragmatic person outside of oil producing areas will consider, because as fstranger rightly said (and I said earlier), Nigerians cannot think of anyway forward outside of oil.

It is better for us to think about ways to diversify the economy instead of talking about a breakup that only the oil producing areas will survive. Most other parts of the country will instantly transform into warzones with local strongmen in a desperate struggle for survival that will make Somalia look lame. It will be unpredictable and bloody.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:17am On Apr 21, 2012
Katsumoto:

Do you ever think that some of the unguarded comments you make on Nairaland about how the Igbo will battle the Hausa in Kano and the Yoruba in Lagos can actually get a man killed? You sit in the safety and comfort of your house in the US and you keep making noise about war and conflict. What really is your problem? You fan the embers of mistrust for absolutely no reason and you exacerbate the situation with unnecessary grand standing. If a man likes, let him have 200 houses, if he doesn't feel safe, his natural instincts will tell him to take off just like many Igbos did during the June 12 saga even when no one was targeting them.

@ Afam and Sam Ikenna

There will be no ethnic cleansing or witch hunt in Lagos or any part of the SW because there is nothing to suggest it. In all likelihood, Odua will embrace those who have made investments in Odua; naturally some others will prefer to move back to the east. Every man or investor will make the choice that suits him the most.

My friend sharap dia!
Your brother ekt-bear was the first to insinuate ethnic cleansing on this thread, and he did it several times before I decided to respond to him. I see you ignored his ethnic cleansing suggestions. undecided
You are in the "safety" of your London 2x2 feet "apartment" spewing all manners of hate twisting history and inciting mass murder against hapless citizens by agents of state. I called you out and you disappeared for a couple of weeks only to return here to accuse innocent folks of your own crimes. Anuofia.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 4:18am On Apr 21, 2012
I dont know what will happen in the Core North in the event of a break up, as for East and West I know we wont resort to killing and maiming.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 4:18am On Apr 21, 2012
Your best bet is to do away with your 1976 mentality. Don't push me further to reveal names, I hate doing that!

afam4eva:
Have you tried buying a house anywhere in the east and you were scared off? Answer pls.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Afam4eva(m): 4:19am On Apr 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Your best bet is to do away with your 1976 mentality. Don't push me further to reveal names, I hate doing that!

Please do. You brought up this whole crack about not being able to buy a land in Anambra.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Katsumoto: 4:20am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf: I wonder what all the long arguments about Lagos are if Nigeria breaks up tomorrow?
The banks and media are owned by SS people, trade is owned by SE people, customs is run by Northerners etc. The place will simply collapse and not be worth anybodies fight.
Cost of property will plummet to worthlessness as is happening in the boko haram areas.

A break up is not something any pragmatic person outside of oil producing areas will consider, because as fstranger rightly said (and I said earlier), Nigerians cannot think of anyway forward outside of oil.

It is better for us to think about ways to diversify the economy instead of talking about a breakup that only the oil producing areas will survive. Most other parts of the country will instantly transform into warzones with local strongmen in a desperate struggle for survival that will make Somalia look lame. It will be unpredictable and bloody.

In other words, the Yoruba people are by standers? You really think lowly of Yoruba people. So once everyone moves out, Yoruba people will be left to suffer!!!!!!!!

There are no Yoruba who own banks, media houses or are successful businessmen?
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:21am On Apr 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Look, the leadership of the West knows the East has a large chunk of their citizens in Enugu and PH. It'll be suicidal for them to try any BS - reasons being that (1) East has a substantial population that can put up stiff opposition eventhough they'll lose in the end because the turf belongs to Yoruba - meaning they'll be indirectly burning their beloved city down. (2) Cleasing a people portrays the cleanser-nation in a horrible light - who will come in and invest in that country again? (3) East can also extract their own pound of flesh by doing the same to SW citizens in Enugu and PH. You see, its a no win-win situation if we all go down the path of hate and violence. All these people here advocating for ethnic cleansing dont even know who'll be brought home to them in a box, it could be their brother or sister.

Touche, my brother. cool

About how ethnic cleansing nations appear internationally, history teaches me that that never stopped nations attempting it (especially in Africa and third world countries). Our best form of deterrence is to fight there. Simples
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Nobody: 4:21am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

I will give you an assignment. Do it HONESTLY and come back to report your findings to us. Agree?
Here is the assignment.
Go to Alaba or tradefair or Idumota, Aguda Surulere, Satelite town, Festac, Somolu, Ikeja, Lekki or any other large concentrations of Igbo folks in Lagos and do a rough survey.
Ask them what they would do should Nigeria divide.
I have lived in Lagos and I know the place.

Whoa! You are unbelievable! After asking for Biafra all these years, now that you have it, you will rather burn down Lagos than to relocate to Biafra? You must really love Lagos, am I missing something?
I don't think there will be any violence. I think Ibos who decide to stay will simply get assimilated and become Odua citizens. If not, they can always go back to Biafra.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ektbear: 4:22am On Apr 21, 2012
I never mentioned ethnic cleansing.

I know that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed. But unless you are also lazy in addition to your stupidity, you can reread what you misread.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 4:23am On Apr 21, 2012
This Negro. Dudu_ was banned and I dont know why yet.

Anyway, if this breakup occur, I expect a similar geo-political re-orientation as in North to occur in West as Yorubas converge with all the commonwealths comming together to form a new nation. This will change the equation for this so called "burn down Lagos".

Ibos will have maultiple choices amongst which will be (1) relocate to their own new country; (2) become Yoruba citizen.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2012
That guy is Ibo. He is among those claiming Delta. So stop thinking you are dealing with a south southner.

Katsumoto:

In other words, the Yoruba people are by standers? You really think lowly of Yoruba people. So once everyone moves out, Yoruba people will be left to suffer!!!!!!!!

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Katsumoto: 4:24am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend sharap dia!
Your brother ekt-bear was the first to insinuate ethnic cleansing on this thread, and he did it several times before I decided to respond to him. I see you ignored his ethnic cleansing suggestions. undecided
You are in the "safety" of your London 2x2 feet "apartment" spewing all manners of hate twisting history and inciting mass murder against hapless citizens by agents of state. I called you out and you disappeared for a couple of weeks only to return here to accuse innocent folks of your own crimes. Anuofia.

I disappeared for you? What did you smoke tonight? Find a single thread on NL where you had the upper hand because you provided facts. All you do is argue like a mouse, always emotional. Everything to you is war and battle to the last man. Yes, all cowards are generals when they are not in the war zone.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:26am On Apr 21, 2012
Aigbofa:

Whoa! You are unbelievable! After asking for Biafra all these years, now that you have it, you will rather burn down Lagos than to relocate to Biafra? You must really love Lagos, am I missing something?
I don't think there will be any violence. I think Ibos who decide to stay will simply get assimilated and become Odua citizens. If not, they can always go back to Biafra.

I don't love Lagos one bit, believe me. I can't stand that city. I lived there as a young man and swore NEVER to have much to do with it in the future, and I have avoided it like a plague ever since.
I am only speaking out of concern for my brothers and my tribe there.
History tells me that they won't leave, and they will remain IGBO complete with FULL citizenship rights (to survive there).
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by SamIkenna: 4:28am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

Touche, my brother. cool

About how ethnic cleansing nations appear internationally, history teaches me that that never stopped nations attempting it. Our best form of deterrence is to retaliate in a more devastating way.

Who wouldn't retaliate? Anyway, my concern now is that I hope our leaders are getting the message that this ship might sink earlier than expected. Woe betide you if you're caught napping in these times. Its like all the 1967-70 war to keep Nigeria one is now a fluke and the North has finally accepted that this nation is on the edge and might not make it - the question now is - are we napping? I hope not.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Rhino5dm: 4:28am On Apr 21, 2012
stop explaining further! He is cashing on your sincerity, to frustrate you.

Aigbofa:

Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 4:28am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf is always throwing SS in there to get relevance for the "creeks", even when the talk is about mountains and hills, he will come up with a Mount GEJ that's spitting lava into the creeks.

Beaf, this talk is for ethnicities that live above sea level.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 4:29am On Apr 21, 2012
Katsumoto:

No, I am saying the "foreign" commercial stake in Lagos is way too high to be trifled with; it is humongous. There will be no bloodshed, strife or ethnic cleansing, because the place will collapse into nothingness.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:30am On Apr 21, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Who wouldn't retaliate? Anyway, my concern now is that I hope our leaders are getting the message that this ship might sink earlier than expected. Woe betide you if you're caught napping in these times. Its like all the 1967-70 war to keep Nigeria one is now a fluke and the North has finally accepted that this nation is on the edge and might not make it - the question now is - are we napping? I hope not.

That is why I saying all I'm saying here.
I noticed that we don't talk much about our problems. It is a dangerous mindset to have in Nigeria.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Katsumoto: 4:31am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth:

I don't love Lagos one bit, believe me. I can't stand that city. I lived there as a young man and swore NEVER to have much to do with it in the future, and I have avoided it like a plague ever since.
I am only speaking out of concern for my brothers and my tribe there.
History tells me that they won't leave, and they will remain IGBO complete with FULL citizenship rights (to survive there).

What history are you referring to? Please cite examples.

It appears you just throw words around without really understanding the true meaning of the word. Earlier on this thread, you used the word 'reality' when describing what would happen if Nigeria broke up. How can that be reality? Isn't that just you stewpid opinion?
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by strangerf: 4:33am On Apr 21, 2012
^^^^

Kanshumoto is back!

This niggerrrr is back!!!
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Katsumoto: 4:33am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:
No, I am saying the "foreign" commercial stake in Lagos is way too high to be trifled with; it is humongous. There will be no bloodshed, strife or ethnic cleansing, because the place will collapse into nothingness.

Thats your opinion though. If some leave, others will simply take their places. The history of Lagos suggests that it is a dynamic city and it will continue to grow.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:34am On Apr 21, 2012
Beaf:

Well, I hope it is that simple.
Lagos is the one city where Igbo have their biggest investment. My hunch is that they would try to have a peaceful resolution to issues of citizenship. They would want to stay there (at least initially), and would only leave willingly after Biafra or Alaigbo offers something better (which will happen in the future). The problem is that some Yoruba elements may attempt something funny before that peaceful departure.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Beaf: 4:35am On Apr 21, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO: Beaf is always throwing SS in there to get relevance for the "creeks", even when the talk is about mountains and hills, he will come up with a Mount GEJ that's spitting lava into the creeks.

Beaf, this talk is for ethnicities that live above sea level.
I don't know how you look at things (maybe through drugged eyes), but the SS is Nigeria's economic engine. One has to be quite foolish to talk about its "relevance." You really should be asking about the "relevance" of other areas.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by ODUANEGRO: 4:35am On Apr 21, 2012
Onlytruth, after they burn Lagos, how would they get out to head East? . . . or do they plan on dying in their inferno?

I want to see how Ibo will burn Lagos and then travel through Ogun and Ondo states safely on his escape route back home.
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:35am On Apr 21, 2012
strangerf: ^^^^

Kanshumoto is back!

This niggerrrr is back!!!

lol! I kicked his hinny a couple of weeks back. cheesy
Re: North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere by Onlytruth(m): 4:36am On Apr 21, 2012
ODUA_NEGRO: Onlytruth, after they burn Lagos, how would they get out to head East? . . . or do they plan on dying in their inferno?

I want to see how Ibo will burn Lagos and then travel through Ogun and Ondo states safely on his escape route back home.

That is where we in the East come into the fray. I know Yoruba won't dare us. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Beautiful Igbo Girl Speaks On Biafra And Experience Living In Kano...Must Watch! / Kano Government Donates 29 Vehicles To Security Team (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.