Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,356 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10591814 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10146) (10147) (10148) (10149) (10150) (10151) (10152) ... (19241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Would he have done the same to a male referee?

Look at this.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
Like this

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
Another one

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2020
seankafor:
Am crying embarassed
Pele o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Would it have been the same reaction if he did same to a male referee?

You are not respecting the fact that she is a female/ woman and it is crossing the line. It was an extended contact that she did not welcome, I think we should respect that. A male referee may think otherwise..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2020
Thecassanova:

Some people will deactivate if Barkley end the season with more goals+assists in EPL than RLC and Mount.

We dey here.

He definitely will cos he is literally playing as a striker at Villa. Grealish likes ball to feet, Watkins pulls wide, and Barkley makes the run into the box. Barkley will most likely outscore Havertz and Pulisic sef.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2020
Roland17:

You are not respecting the fact that she is a female/ woman and it is crossing the line. It was an extended contact that she did not welcome, I think we should respect that. A male referee may think otherwise..

Them women should ref women football...
Why any small thing, we over flog it

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2020
Obere4u:

clap for ya sef angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
Elnino4ladies:

Look at this.
raumdeuter:

Like this
That first picture he is touching the male refs chest , second he is touching his backside

He wasn't protesting a decision here, he go cuddle am dey whisper in her ear.

Make he go do am to weyrey like Mike Dean first grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2020
Obere4u:

The thing just tire me. If that was a female player on a male ref, we for no hear anything.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2020
Roland17:

Its a mans game and there are things acceptable to men in a high tension environment like this. These guys are high on adrenaline and not thinking someone is male or female. For an act they have done all their career

There are conducts acceptable between men that are not between a man vs woman

If Megan Rapinoe had touched a female ref the way Aguero did, there might not have been issues, also Auero touching Mike Oliver wont be an issue

If opposite sex are going to be involved in the others game I think they need to blend with acceptable conduct in the sport/setting

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Klopp gives his players a giant hug and no one has ever raised issues with it. In the middle of a 93rd min winner, and a male coach jumps to hug a female player, will he get into trouble?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
nihilistjnr:
Omo EndSARS don involve LGBTQ campaign.. shocked

Homosexuality is illegal in Nigeria and effeminate men have been seen as cash machines by Police due to the fact their mere existence is illegal. There are myriad of groups and NGOs banding together to propel #ENDSARS. It makes sense they include the gay community as they are likely well funded and have an axe to grind with Police. Whether this turns away the more conservative members of public remains to be seen. It will definitely intensify pro-SARS feeling in the North if the imams jump on it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
nihilistjnr:

cheesy grin wink grin It was shocking to me though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2020
Obere4u:

Comments like this are the reasons women misinterpret the intentions of men in different spheres of life, mostly as suppressive. The rule about making contact with officials is clear and the sort of contact Aguero made while without any ill intention crosses the line if it makes her uncomfortable.

A male/male contact is entirely different from a male/female contact. A female referee will not make that kind of contact with a male player so why should a player do that to a female.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Is this the Mike Dean

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2020
Roland17:

Comments like this are the reasons women misinterpret the intentions of men in different spheres of life, mostly as suppressive. The rule about making contact with officials is clear and the sort of contact Aguero made while without any ill intention crosses the line if it makes her uncomfortable.

A male/male contact is entirely different from a male/female contact. A female referee will not make that kind of contact with a male player so why should a player do that to a female.
To avoid this, Is it better to make sure male and female are very separate?

Its like a boy going to a female locker room and you are asking them not to remove their tops like they always do. If that is then maybe we should not allow men into female spaces and vice versa So we wont get uncomfortable

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timay(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2020
Roland17:

This will only make the female officials to be pushed out of officiating male games.

You can't be living near an oven and be complaining of heat. Otherwise make each gender officiate their respective games

They are only including women in men's games officiating to give them experience .

In men's matches, where tensions are high, adrenaline pumping and increased hormonal rush, I. a heated match, all this touching will always happen, and it has nothing to do with suppression, because those things are natural reflex reaction for them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Its a mans game and there are things acceptable to men in a high tension environment like this. These guys are high on adrenaline and not thinking someone is male or female. For an act they have done all their career

There are conducts acceptable between men that are not between a man vs woman

If Megan Rapinoe had touched a female ref the way Aguero did, there might not have been issues, also Auero touching Mike Oliver wont be an issue

If opposite sex are going to be involved in the others game I think they need to blend with acceptable conduct in the sport/setting

Dayo what are you guys even saying? So just because it is competitive sport, players can just walk up to a female official and make contact as they please? What are arguing about here for Christ sakes! In the NBA, players get a technicial for making contacts with referees worth more that kind of extended contact that makes the other person uncomfortable! Come on now!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2020
Roland17:

Dayo what are you guys even saying? So just because it is competitive sport, players can just walk up to a female official and make contact as they please? What are arguing about here for Christ sakes! In the NBA, players get a technicial for making contacts with referees worth more that kind of extended contact that makes the other person uncomfortable! Come on now!!

Maybe female refs should not refer male game then? So we keep both sports separate and the officiating too.
Men in the course of the game touch themselves hug themselves, some even kiss themselves. How do you get women into this without offending them?

It will probably be better to separate and ensure men dont get involved with women sport and vice versa

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2020
timay:

This will only make the female officials to be pushed out of officiating male games.

You can't be living near an oven and be complaining of heat. Otherwise make each gender officiate their respective games

They are only including women in men's games officiating to give them experience .

In men's matches, where tensions are high, adrenaline pumping and increased hormonal rush, I. a heated match, all this touching will always happen, and it has nothing to do with suppression, because those things are natural reflex reaction for them.

Do you have the slightest idea of the grave levels of immoral abnormalities that occur in the male dressing room? Just because a man does not protest does not mean every man is comfortable with that kind of contact. I have seen male referees warn players about making contacts like that because it is clear in the rule book and just because it is not implemented does not mean it does not exist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timay(m): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2020
Roland17:

The last time I check, this is football and it is not yet a crime to touch a referee, as long as you are not assaulting him physically. Also FIFA didnt have any rule against it either.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2020
Ibime:

Homosexuality is illegal in Nigeria and effeminate men have been seen as cash machines by Police due to the fact their mere existence is illegal. There are myriad of groups and NGOs banding together to propel #ENDSARS. It makes sense they include the gay community as they are likely well funded and have an axe to grind with Police. Whether this turns away the more conservative members of public remains to be seen. It will definitely intensify pro-SARS feeling in the North if the imams jump on it.

I'm not sure what identity politics has to do with ENDSARS, afterall even actual criminals like Yahoo boys and Armed-robbers are victims of SARS and police brutality.

When IGP announced that SARS had be revoked, they didn't announce that one or two SARS officers would be retained for the purpose of chasing LGBTQ.

If police brutality ends, it ends for everybody by default.

So why focus on LGBTQ? Omo that na agenda o.

The feminist twitter account have now deleted the tweet to mitigate the backlash. They know what they were doing

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Is this the Mike Dean

E be like say you no know Mike Dean. He still have Bilic red card 3 weeks ago for talking to him during half-time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Maybe female refs should not refer male game then?

Dayo you and I live in the US and know that a male dressing room does not necessarily mean a safe zone for the men! Male to male arguments makes absolutely no sense in today's world. The kind rubbish and disgusting stories I have heard from boys scout, sports locker room, priests (So you know, I am proud Catholic) and other stuff makes me trash that Lamba into the bin. Boundary na boundary!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
I watched the game with my Dad and immediately Aguero made that contact with the female linesman, I told him "Aguero don use him hand buy wahala"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Klopp gives his players a giant hug and no one has ever raised issues with it. In the middle of a 93rd min winner, and a male coach jumps to hug a female player, will he get into trouble?
abeg don't let us mix it together, a male coach to his player, (whether male or female) he knows them, they are like family he is their manager, he has right to relate with them like father to child or like Oga to apprentice but in the case of that Aguero the lady in question is a total stranger, so like someone said he had crossed the line.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
nihilistjnr:

I'm not sure what identity politics has to do with ENDSARS, afterall even actual criminals like Yahoo boys and Armed-robbers are victims of SARS and police brutality.

When IGP announced that SARS had be revoked, they didn't announce that one or two SARS officers would be retained for the purpose of chasing LGBTQ.

If police brutality ends, it ends for everybody by default.

So why focus on LGBTQ? Omo that na agenda o.

The feminist twitter account have now deleted the tweet to mitigate the backlash. They know what they were doing

The ENDSARS list of demands has expanded into all sorts of demands about good governance beyond policing. I actually see nothing in the new demands that fit better with the original demands of the protest than challenging a law that enshrines the abuse of human rights, of which Police are the first arbiters of justice.

Jumping from #EndSars to asking Buhari to resign or NASS to take paycut is more of a leap than addressing a human rights issue which ENDSARS is primarily all about. The criminalisation of homosexuality and the 10 years penalty for it is more related to the human rights abuses that underpinned ENDSARS than the subsequent demands for Good Governance, which are not human rights issues.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2020
macjireh:

in 8mins....game I played 12GG and ticked my ticket good at 82min only for me to check at FT,,,ticket don spoil grin grin
EPL teams are wicked sha cheesy cheesy

Yours may even be better.

The hatred this Punter below will have for Mou and his Spurs team, will be stronger than the one Raumdeuter has for Drogba for destroying his team in Munich. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
Ibime:

The ENDSARS list of demands has expanded into all sorts of demands about good governance beyond policing. I actually see nothing in the new demands that fit better with the original demands of the protest that challenging the law and punishment for the breaking of the law, of which the Police are often the first arbiters of justice.

Jumping from #EndSars to asking Buhari to resign or NASS to take paycut is more of a leap than addressing a human rights issue which ENDSARS is primarily all about. The criminalisation of homosexuality and the 10 years penalty for it is more related to the human rights abuses that underpinned ENDSARS than the subsequent demands for Good Governance, which are not human rights issues.

EndSARS to LGBTQ has no correlation imo.

Police brutality is illegal by default. EndSARS is protesting against illegal police activity.

If homosexuality was legal, but conservative Nigerians were running around shooting the gays, then I can see a case for protest.

In Nigeria, homosexuality is against the law. Nigeria is a democracy, which means that any law against homosexuality is based on the will of the majority. At least in theory.

That means that anybody who wants pro-gay legislation should follow the democratic process, and elect representatives of their agenda to the legislative.

Sneaking an agenda that most people don't support, into a movement that most people do is a dubious act.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 11:26pm On Oct 18, 2020
airmark:

Yours may even be better.

The hatred this Punter below will have for Mou and his Spurs team, will be stronger than the one Raumdeuter has for Drogba for destroying his team in Munich. grin
na wa ooo grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2020
Oga larride, you Don beat me nah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10146) (10147) (10148) (10149) (10150) (10151) (10152) ... (19241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codeb(m), HOMOTOYOSI10, CallTheCops(m), Bill8012(m), Vischy, SirAce, omotola90(m), Segedinho(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.