Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10705799 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10149) (10150) (10151) (10152) (10153) (10154) (10155) ... (19364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2020
I'm hearing EndSARS don turn prison break grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2020
Skimpledawg:

egbon, calm down. Most times the clouds dey interfere with links grin

Ok sir.

Just ensure your prayer for Kepa is answered before you descend from your 'Multichoice' Mountain. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2020
nihilistjnr:
I'm hearing EndSARS don turn prison break grin

Or another angu: government is speedily searching for any and every means of discrediting the movement.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2020
donjazet:

I swear down, one can't truly understand a situation like he who wears the shoe that pains.

Sometime ago when i watched the news and saw some people run down black lives matter protesters in America, I was like what kind of heartless barbarity is that??

But after spending 5 hours in traffic yesterday because of these fools who don't even know what the're protesting again, my perspective became very much clearer on how those people felt.

At this point, I am asking why we don't just take the win so far and chill and watch how things progress from here.

In America, after the death of George Floyd, millions of people all over the world, came out in support and solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. Trump didn't even pay close attention, he kept screaming law and order but at least he held dialogues with police Chiefs that led to slight reforms on police manhandling.

Before you knew it, the protests started getting derailed to other issues that had nothing to do with the original intent of the protest Good or bad as they might have been), People started defacing all revered monuments, started blocking highways and calling for a total abolishment of the police force.
At that point, normal people lost interest and the zeal to still protest and 4 months later, you still have some people protesting for God knows what. The protests are thoroughly unrecognizable from how it started. Everyone is now tired of seeing all these protests in America now that have even turned violent in many cases and would rather the whole thing stopped for now.

We in Nigeria need to learn from that. The protests were very honorable to begin with, with a very simple message #END SARS.
The international community has rallied behind us and the government has responded swiftly too. They have banned the unit and assured that the unit is now rendered defunct with reformation for it's members.
We have to take this win and bide our time, now the protests are being hijacked with all sorts of agenda from different people. The protests are gradually progressing to riots, the protesters are now a nuisance to the average citizen on the road.

These protests have to end now.
LET'S TAKE THE WIN AND BIDE OUR TIME. Else normal people will lose the zeal to continue to support us.
I agree with your post to an extent but I need clarity on the bolded. What do you mean by normal people?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2020
afrodoc2:

Or another angu: government is speedily searching for any and every means of discrediting the movement.

That's also very possible. But Bini boys don't really need encouragement to break prison walls sha.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2020
https://twitter.com/martinsobekpa/status/1318128246882488320?s=21

They have started attacking RRS also.

Na small he remain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
Roland17:

Overtly touchy about this issue you said? Because I think a player crossed the boundary and made a female ref feel uncomfortable with an unwelcome touch?
What kind of people do I even debate with here sef!!! Guy man, delete that stuff before you create a bad narrative for yourself.

There are boundaries that have to be respected young man! Whether male or female... it is that simple.. this is not the 18th century...

If a woman does not feel comfortable with any of your physical actions...as a man, a real G at that you don’t push it fam!!! If anything you apologize especially if you meant no harm!!

So because Sandy Baltimore is okay with being smacked in the butt by her coach means every lady on that PSG team would have no issues getting smacked on their butt? Guy make you try small.. abeg even if na small.

Jesus!!!!!
Her coach didn't smack her butt. Aguero didn't not touch the assistant ref inappropriately. Things happen in the heat of the moment.

I'm sure if she complained, he would've apologised and so would the coach.

I don't see what the issue is. Any other thing is making a mountain out of a molehill.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Aaaaaaaarrrrrggggh

Prisoners are out of Benin prison

What's happening
I suspect fowl play. Politicians can do anything to sabotage this struggle. But I will continue to pray that if this will lead to the revolution the change this country for the betterment of every good people in this country, God should not allow the evil men to succeed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
Ibime:

It has more correlation than asking for Constitutional review, referendum and demand for 50% of young people to oversee a referendum, or asking for review and overhaul of all public agencies and education and health sectors and slashing of "the cost of Governance". Demands also include increase of Police Pay which is at odds with civil service pay structure as no one can arbitrarily increase the pay of a section of the civil service above another on same grade. This I'm quoting from the official list of demands, none of which are actionable and tied to any measurable output.

When you look at the unofficial lists including sack of service chiefs, resignation of an elected president etc, it is clear it has become a free-for-all for every pressure group to add mouth, so why homo go carry last? Their demand is actually actionable with the stroke of a pen, measurable, instantly verifiable and in line with most civilised countries best practice on human rights, and even closer tied to the original demand than any other.

And who said the majority of the country must support it for you to add mouth to the list of demands? Does majority of the country even have an inkling what those demands are talking about? They are free to join mouth like everyone else. Why must we chase them away because they are homo? Who even said majority of the country support 10 years penalty for homosexual activity? Maybe in the North, but if it's by numbers, most of the North will vote to keep SARS so all protest is therefore illegitimate if it's by support.

Both your points don't contradict each other.
Nihilist says that it's very trickish for those people to have added the LGBT rights issue to the protests which is indeed true, you don't disagree with that but you argue that it is justified since others are also piling on their demands.

From my point of view, this entire protest needs to end so that a lot of people can feel a sense of satisfaction with the positive results already had and savour the beauty of our unity in our clamour for change while also biding their time and bracing for future protests for other issues that needs to be addressed.

Let this current protests serve as a blueprint for how we clamour for change. Right now we risk losing the support of neutrals and the international community if we allow this protest to derail form it's original concept and become hydra headed. All agendas need to stop right now.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
FBS:
You see this in movie and sadly in real life. Women slap men at will knowing its their 'right' - whatever that is. Gender equality indeed. cheesy
Lol. Leave Roland17 to be forming Voltron.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
pamcode:
I agree with your post to an extent but I need clarity on the bolded. What do you mean by normal people?

By that, I mean neutral observers, the international community etc.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
afrodoc2:

What does the government seeks to gain by discrediting the movement?

1.End Sars, the government has disbanded the unit.
2. All ex SARS officer are currently in Abuja. There has been no SARS on the road since the IGP ordered all of them to report to Abuja. Lot of people have confirmed even on twitter that most SARS state office are currently moribund or taken over by the men of CID.
3. Judicial inquiry has started in different states for the victims of SARS abuse.
4. Just 2 days ago 37 officers were dismissed/demoted from the Police office.
5. The IGP said no member of the disbanded SARS will be enlisted to the new SWAT team.

So if the government has been responsive to the EndSars demand, what exactly do they stand to gain by discrediting the movement? Won’t that be counter productive?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Expert17:

So we are expecting new monikers on Chelsea thread
Guy you be case cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Greatihex:
I suspect fowl play. Politicians can do anything to sabotage this struggle. But I will continue to pray that if this will lead to the revolution the change this country for the betterment of every good people in this country, God should not allow the evil men to succeed.
Obviously the work of politicians
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Expert17:

Thunder fire you my dear grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
nihilistjnr:

That's also very possible. But Bini boys don't really need encouragement to break prison walls sha.

Ekosodin boys worry wella. Not to talk of the street grade gangsters.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
larride:
https://twitter.com/martinsobekpa/status/1318128246882488320?s=21

They have started attacking RRS also.

Na small he remain.
People in the comments say it a street war and there is no endSARS protest around there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
Expert17:

Facts only.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
Obaseki don impose 24 hour curfew starting from 4pm.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
pamcode:
People in the comments say it a street war and there is no endSARS protest around there.

Watch the video yourself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
larride:

What does the government seeks to gain by discrediting the movement?

1.End Sars, the government has disbanded the unit.
2. All ex SARS officer are currently in Abuja. There has been no SARS on the road since the IGP ordered all of them to report to Abuja. Lot of people have confirmed even on twitter that most SARS state office are currently moribund or taken over by the men of CID.
3. Judicial inquiry has started in different states for the victims of SARS abuse.
4. Just 2 days ago 37 officers were dismissed/demoted from the Police office.
5. The IGP said no member of the disbanded SARS will be enlisted to the new SWAT team.

So if the government has been responsive to the EndSars demand, what exactly do they stand to gain by discrediting the movement? Won’t that be counter productive?

The protests have gone beyond EndSARS oh

Even if they scrap the NPF now, those boys no go comot

Decades of frustration have started to manifest.

Very soon, Danfo drivers go block road because of extortion..

As long as there's no leader, anybody can champion his own cause

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2020
Unlimited22:

Lol. Leave Roland17 to be forming Voltron.

I don't think roland17 is incorrect in his argument, he's just being extremely woke.

Watching the clip severally, the optics sincerely looks a bit awkward but that is only because the lineswoman is a woman also with a small frame.
The incident doesn't deserve any sort of outrage at all because there is clearly a lack of intent, it's just a reflex action that is quite common in football.

This should even be a personal issue between Aguero and the lineswoman. If she feels slightly offended, Aguero should apologize and that should be the end of it. A whole lot of people wouldn't give a f*ck about that kind of light touch without intent or meaning.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2020
donjazet:

I swear down, one can't truly understand a situation like he who wears the shoe that pains.

Sometime ago when i watched the news and saw some people run down black lives matter protesters in America, I was like what kind of heartless barbarity is that??

But after spending 5 hours in traffic yesterday because of these fools who don't even know what the're protesting again, my perspective became very much clearer on how those people felt.

At this point, I am asking why we don't just take the win so far and chill and watch how things progress from here.

In America, after the death of George Floyd, millions of people all over the world, came out in support and solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. Trump didn't even pay close attention, he kept screaming law and order but at least he held dialogues with police Chiefs that led to slight reforms on police manhandling.

Before you knew it, the protests started getting derailed to other issues that had nothing to do with the original intent of the protest Good or bad as they might have been), People started defacing all revered monuments, started blocking highways and calling for a total abolishment of the police force.
At that point, normal people lost interest and the zeal to still protest and 4 months later, you still have some people protesting for God knows what. The protests are thoroughly unrecognizable from how it started. Everyone is now tired of seeing all these protests in America now that have even turned violent in many cases and would rather the whole thing stopped for now.

We in Nigeria need to learn from that. The protests were very honorable to begin with, with a very simple message #END SARS.
The international community has rallied behind us and the government has responded swiftly too. They have banned the unit and assured that the unit is now rendered defunct with reformation for it's members.
We have to take this win and bide our time, now the protests are being hijacked with all sorts of agenda from different people. The protests are gradually progressing to riots, the protesters are now a nuisance to the average citizen on the road.

These protests have to end now.
LET'S TAKE THE WIN AND BIDE OUR TIME. Else normal people will lose the zeal to continue to support us.

I wish those guys could understand this

The issue is frustrating now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
izzou:

The protests have gone beyond EndSARS oh

Even if they scrap the NPF now, those boys no go comot

Decades of frustration have started to manifest.

Very soon, Danfo drivers go block road because of extortion..

As long as there's no leader, anybody can champion his own cause
They are coming for NEPA, nass etc
It's still far from over
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
donjazet:

I don't think roland17 is incorrect in his argument, he's just being extremely woke.

Watching the clip severally, the optics sincerely looks a bit awkward but that is only because the lineswoman is a woman also with a small frame.
The incident doesn't deserve any sort of outrage at all because there is clearly a lack of intent, it's just a reflex action that is quite common in football.

This should even be a personal issue between Aguero and the lineswoman. If she feels slightly offended, Aguero should apologize and that should be the end of it. A whole lot of people wouldn't give a f*ck about that kind of light touch without intent or meaning.
We're saying the same thing. He's just adamant on making an issue out of something that should be a non-issue.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
iamoyindamola:

They are coming for NEPA, nass etc
It's still far from over

The ones that gave us headache at Agbara on Saturday were screaming about Bad roads

The protests do not have a leader. So anybody can come out and lament, and unfortunately for our leaders, this country is an entity filled with problems

I wont be shocked if they start facing DISCOs soon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2020
donjazet:

WTF is this?? You clearly possess an anachronistic mindset.
You started your post very well but went downhill very fast.
A woman's role isn't confined to only her marriage for her to be "submissive". Ffs, step into the 21st century where its okay for a woman to be the breadwinner of the family. You can't continue to subject yourself to millennia old traditional thinking. We must continue to evolve in our thinking and culture. That statement is very offensive to all women. Both partners in a marriage should be "submissive" to themselves and not one to the other.

Sir, if you are going to be aggressive or personal in this debate that is about to ensue, I will not reply you more than this.
But if not, then will you be kind to answer these questions?

But before then, let me say this. There should be no food for a lazy man.

Now, the questions.

1. Are men egoistic in nature or not?
2. Is it good for a man to sit and his wife goes out to work to feed him and their children?
3. Do you believe that there should be a leader in the family? If yes, who should it be?
4. What should be the role of the leader and the others?
5. Should authority of any kind be attached to any leadership position and should the authority be respected?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
Godx:

Nigga I was not making an argument. I was showing him how daft it was to use the " homos are not humans" line. Every Freaking body is human.

All humans have rights. Criminals are punished for denying others their rights. I don't think half of Super Falcons team should be arrested and thrown in jail for ten years for being lesbians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Is it not yet time too change the whole name of the agitations, why still call it #endSARS when it has entirely nothing to do with it again......to the government they’ve ended SARS and anything now is out the status quo for the main reason of the protest. Right now I don’t even know why the protests are still going on,I just left my house now to see someone urgently but I wasn’t able to which is really frustrating,if I’m to sacrifice my freedom of movement I deserve to know what you’re protesting for because honestly now, I don’t

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
raumdeuter:

You are comparing catholic priests act with underage boys with what adult sportmen are doing in the locker room. In many male dressing room, many people pull down to their underwears and dont have to be self conscious.

Just like in a female dressing room they probably strip down and do acts they are comfortable with around fellow females which they wont do with male. If a man wants to be a part of that female group or activity, he has to be the one to adjust and not the girls

I agree with you here.
This takes me back to an issue we had in Chelsea.

A lot of people were very happy that Chelsea had the first prominent female doctor in football and believed it was a sort of achievement and great leap forward towards gender equality hence the bitterness mourinho got when he had that public altercation with her which led to her firing.

Sometime ago, Rui Faria, mourinho's former long time assistant gave a comprehensive interview after landing a job in Qatar, he was asked something about the role of women in sports especially in Qatar where he was just employed and he went on detailing how a lot of Chelsea players were actually relieved to see the female Chelsea doctor leave because of how awkward the situation mostly turned out to be.

A male football dressing room really isn't where a female would want to be. Some players walk around stark naked in the dressing room. I remember Ronaldo once posting an after game dressing room picture online and behind was a photo bombed chilenni stark naked with his prick showing to the whole world.

That is no environment for a female team doctor, else she's ready to be subjected to dirty locker room talks or nasty shenanigans of an ultra masculine group.

Rui Faria stated that some players did feel awkward with her massaging their thighs and some even having embarrassing erections and mocking themselves. It was eye opening. He said it was truly a relief for most of the players when she left, not as a question of attitude but the gender difference inflicted situations.

It is going to be very tricky to integrate the two genders in a gender specific sports.
It's almost impossible to say women should be more involved in men football and not be braced to encounter some forms of awkward incidents that would otherwise not be awkward.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2020
Ibime:

All humans have rights. Criminals are punished for denying others their rights. I don't think half of Super Falcons team should be arrested and thrown in jail for ten years for being lesbians.

That guy is just ignorant. It's simply a case of religion fuelling the hate and prejudice against homosexuals.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10149) (10150) (10151) (10152) (10153) (10154) (10155) ... (19364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bill8012(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.