Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10730733 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10649) (10650) (10651) (10652) (10653) (10654) (10655) ... (19393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

The Oluweri no get shame. He has disappeared into an ocean of despair.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

lol. What I read was not your usual lazy journalism where they say "such and such manager wants to sign X player even though the player may be a youth player the manager never even thought about". It was an in-depth report about the ins-and-outs of the transfer, how Chelsea technical team have been scouting him for 3 years and feel he is a generational talent that they don't want to escape into the hands of other big clubs and how the pandemic put Chelsea in a financial position other big clubs can't match at this moment so they felt they had to go for him now or risk losing him. It also detailed how Frank was resistant to the idea, deeming it unnecessary and telling the board that Rice was more necessary instead, but in the end said OK since the technical team and board are behind the Havertz signing, no wahala. Those are the sort of detailed reports I pay attention to, not your usual lazy transfer rumours. I wish I could find that report now.

Yes, we are inconsistent, but those are mostly to do with injuries, and having to fit in incongruent players like Havertz into a system. We were flying on a 17 match unbeaten run until Ziyech got injured, compounded by simultaneous injury to Odoi and return of Havertz from Covid which turned our midfield that was working well in his absence to rubbish.

As for those saying cross and nod is our tactics, isn't that what they accuse Liverpool of. The fact is that when a team sit in low block, the most likely way to penetrate them is by your fullbacks as that's the only area of the pitch with space. This is somewhat compounded by lack of a mobile and powerful striker that can offer other options. Cavani would have been perfect in that regard. You can't play ball into Abrahams feet to build an attack through the centre without him tripping over, likewise you can't give Giroud a ball in behind or slightly wide to drag players out of position.

These are the tactical considerations that we think of when watching the game, not just joining in scattergun criticism that has no head or tail.

This man is in love with Lampard. U've blamed the board, Havertz and everyone else but the coach and his incongruent tactics. The guy thinks Ziyech coming back solves the problem, He's so in for a rude awakening

Newsflash - Lampard days are numbered in that team with such results. Spin it however you like.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2020
FBS:
Our play is still cross and nod. Nothing has changed.
Typical English coaches tactics which is now outdated

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

Roman Abramovic dey eBay now dey order carton of pant for Marina.

Eneke the bird said since men have learned to shoot without missing he has learned to fly without perching.

Alatise lo mo atise ara re.

Once fingered twice shy.
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

The Oluweri no get shame. He has disappeared into an ocean of despair.

What a phucking disgrace. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAlabi: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

From what I read in the summer, the board bought Havertz and not Lampard. If a player doesn't have it, they don't have it. No matter how many managers tried to get the best out of Pogba or Pepe, it is up to them to work hard. Havertz won't come good this season. Maybe next season he might improve if he takes time to reflect on the demands of the league he's in and what it takes to succeed in it.

Speaking of pogba to bail out scamvertz

A phucking disgrace cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Smellymouth: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

I sure say that Grifool go dey among them. Moronic pseudo intellectual conspiracy theorist.

grin

Marina no wear pant, Marina no wear pant, dem no reason am say na finger dem dey finger am for negotiation table. grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2020
How did the hot Ajax Traore end up in Aston Villa?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2020
Be like say afrodoc don smoke dat thing this morning. grin

Wetin Marina and her pant do you?? grin

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2020
User09:

This man is in love with Lampard. U've blamed the board, Havertz and everyone else but the coach and his incongruent tactics. The guy thinks Ziyech coming back solves the problem, He's so in for a rude awakening

Newsflash - Lampard days are numbered in that team with such results. Spin it however you like.

he is one of those that once they like someone, they wouldn't see any fault in the person, people like him are the little cancerous cells that destroy societies, his close cronies will commit crimes or perform below expectations and he will shift the blame unto others, according to him, the problem is havertz has disrupted the vibe and ziyech absence has affected the team cheesy

I watched ziyech play, the way some people talk about him, you would assume that ziyech is messi or Ronaldo, some people on this thread need professional help

Even when ziyech was playing, the signs were there that the team had no identity, an espn commentator once said that he doubts Chelsea's title credentials because Lampard keeps tinkering with the team

4411 4222 433 stupid formations and stupid tactics, all the because mount must play, the fool has built a team like Chelsea around mount, last season against bournemouth we were losing, Lampard removed Willian, pulisic and jorginho and left the least creative mount on the field and we lost that game

Most especially mount, you might think that I hate the guy but I dont, I just feel that he is below the standard of a club like chelsea and Lampard has allowed sentiments to cloud his judgement

He rested zouma and silva yesterday for city match, last time we won city, I watch that game and we were fortunate all caps, I doubt we would be fortunate this time, for one I think over utilizing mount has made productivity out of our midfield drop to almost zero

People are wailing about our crosses, the only reason the balls can't pass midfield is mount, he doesnt know what to do with the balls asides passing to ben or James, zero intelligence

I have never ever complained like this about our team, I was against avb then but I wouldn't call him dumb, had good intentions just didn't have the personnel

Lampard doesn't have any intention, each game is like a cup final, struggle

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Smellymouth: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2020
Someone said Mendy dey lay egg ooo..
Incase shekpites want new year chicken grin cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2020
swiz123:

Baba, just blame me for pairing Christensen with Rudiger in a must win game. Blame some more for not realizing how useless Jorginho is. Forgive me, I thought he was Yaya Toure.
Lol. Leave Ibime alone. We know what he is doing. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2020
hensben:
Typical English coaches tactics which is now outdated
Hehehe. English coaches don suffer. I've got nothing against cross and nod, it's all part of the game, I enjoy it but doing it over and over and over and over and over and over again... With minimal result or not even attempting to try something else? E get as e be.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2020
Smellymouth:
Someone said Mendy dey lay egg ooo..
Incase shekpites want new year chicken grin cheesy
lol. This doesn't look good at all but abeg leave Mendy alone. tongue
Las Las he will be alright. cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Lampard Tactical Inflexibility and cluelessness.

1. Insists on a 4-3-3, despite zero productivity, and not playing to the strength of players (of course this is the only formation where Mount is a nailed on starter. Selecting wrong players for the wrong positions (Kante, Havertz, Pulisic, Timo).

2. Zero tactics, no combination - Back pass-sideways pass- sideways pass- down the line, cross and Insha'Allah. What do they learn in training. They dont even know how to take advantage of counter attacks with all the runners in the team. Funny how attacking through the middle are the relative strengths of Pulisic, Havertz and Werner

3. Insists on a cross and nod - yet subs out Giroud for Werner

4. Zero Movements - Everyone stands still, No off ball movements. No trying to take advantage of other players movement. Again, a coach/training issue

5. Stupid Impactless Sub - No in-game awareness, Makes a stupid sub, then waste a second sub trying to correct the first mistake. This has happened few times

6. No Philosophy - 2 years later, Can someone clearly articulate what Lampard's coaching philosophy is. What is his style, I certainly do not know it. We dont even have a system in place

7. Cluelesssness from players - Looks like they dont even understand what they are to do. They are starting to look casual, disinterested and we all know what this means

He will always remain a legend in the club but sadly not all good players turn out to be great coaches

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2020
See as dem dey drag Lampfraud.

Oro di hmmmmm, oro pesi je o.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2020
Some persons catching cruise on Chelsea thread and only because the Ipswich Barber's shop is temporarily closed. How pathetic. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2020
FBS:

Summary - yes, lets blame everything and everyone else. The manager has nothing to do with it. undecided

No, I want see which manager want come.win league with Giroud or Abraham as starting striker or Havertz strolling in midfield. You are in for a rude surprise.

I can't shout for my club legend who gave me more than 10 good years to be sacked after 4 bad games. Even RDM who only gave me 3 good years as a player before injury, did you see me throw him under bus? Did the Torres they were shouting for RDM to get sacked so Torres can shine, did he come good?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Capaldi:

Not a Chelsea fan but Lampard has already shown his ability as a manager last season when he had to work with youngsters and did well. He promoted young players like James, Mount, Tammy and others and achieved a good result.

This season with no preseason, injuries,new signings still struggling to adapt he doesn't know his first Eleven yet and where to fit in plsyerdy and I thought it was a long term project so why are you overreacting.

Believe me. I am not Overreacting

These issues were also present last season and are not just showing up.

Replace Werner and Kai with Pulisic and Kante and u still have the same problems last season. How will they adapt when they are not being setup to succeed

Lets not get started on how everyone else were terrible - Even Man u finished 3rd last season

A long term project should show promise - I clearly mentioned that till date no Chelsea fan knows what Lampard football philosophy is, We dont know his style or Ideas. On top of that he's doing the basic things wrong. No matter how we see it. We are in the results business and sadly Lamps isnt delivering
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kushercain: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

Roman Abramovic dey eBay now dey order carton of pant for Marina.

Eneke the bird said since men have learned to shoot without missing he has learned to fly without perching.

Alatise lo mo atise ara re.

Once fingered twice shy.

Lol this man is on a roll grin cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2020
nateevs:

Your trolling will be redundant, because unlike you, I back all Chelsea players; young, old, experienced, new.

My ultimate desire is for Havertz and Werner to come good. What I do know as well is that for that to happen, both players have a lot of adaptation to do. This adaptation has nothing to do with Lampard or Mount. It's a function of how they play and how it relates to the PL.

They both need time and space on the ball to be effective. The PL is unforgiving to playing styles of such nature. In fact, it's so obvious, even the TD of Bayern mentioned this as the reason why they opted not to buy Werner. This is why it makes no sense to keep hating Lampard for seeing this inadequacy and setting up his team to deal with the inadequacies. You think Havertz will be in the side if JM was Manager?

Werner needs to slow down a little, to think before the ball reaches him; whilst Havertz needs to hurry up and think before the ball reaches him.

Both players need to improve, as does everyone in the team, including those I vehemently support.

..you got the werner issue..he is always in a haste to shoot to dribble. I don't know if the coaching crew don't see this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 11:28am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

No, I want see which manager want come.win league with Giroud or Abraham as starting striker or Havertz strolling in midfield. You are in for a rude surprise.

I can't shout for my club legend who gave me more than 10 good years to be sacked after 4 bad games. Even RDM who only gave me 3 good years as a player before injury, did you see me throw him under bus? Did the Torres they were shouting for RDM to get sacked so Torres can shine, did he come good?
stop saying spoil abeg what does being club legend has to do with your credentials of being coach,
So it's suddenly now the quality of squad,so Chelsea squad is worse than aston Villa or everton abi,keep giving excuses Chelsea will not get more than 64 points this season,now you even want to drag giroud lol.lampard will drag you guys to europa this season

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2020
madrid5:
stop saying spoil abeg what does being club legend has to do with your credentials of being coach,
So it's suddenly now the quality of squad,so Chelsea squad is worse than aston Villa or everton abi,keep giving excuses Chelsea will not get more than 64 points this season,now you even want to drag giroud lol.lampard will drag you guys to europa this season

It's not a case of dragging Giroud. Giroud has never been a striker you bank on challenging for title. He didn't come to EPL today. He was just an average striker since 2013 when he came to EPL. It is known. He can get you some goals but offers no dynamism at all due to lack of pace. Your attacks will just be meh apart from scoring one or two headers every two games. Nobody will bank on challenging for title with Giroud. Same with Tammy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2020
FBS:

Hehehe. English coaches don suffer. I've got nothing against cross and nod, it's all part of the game, I enjoy it but doing it over and over and over and over and over and over again... With minimal result or not even attempting to try something else? E get as e be.
Thats English coaches for you, they only have one pattern of tactics; no exhibition of techniques and creativity.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2020
Capaldi:

Not a Chelsea fan but Lampard has already shown his ability as a manager last season when he had to work with youngsters and did well. He promoted young players like James, Mount, Tammy and others and achieved a good result.

This season with no preseason, injuries,new signings still struggling to adapt he doesn't know his first Eleven yet and where to fit in plsyerdy and I thought it was a long term project so why are you overreacting.
he is not a chelsea fan, he is a pest.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by monerozi5590: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2020
User09:

Believe me. I am not Overreacting

These issues were also present last season and are not just showing up.

Replace Werner and Kai with Pulisic and Kante and u still have the same problems last season. How will they adapt when they are not being setup to succeed

Lets not get started on how everyone else were terrible - Even Man u finished 3rd last season

A long term project should show promise - I clearly mentioned that till date no Chelsea fan knows what Lampard football philosophy is, We dont know his style or Ideas. On top of that he's doing the basic things wrong. No matter how we see it. We are in the results business and sadly Lamps isnt delivering

What's Zidane football philosophy?..Lampard is doing just fine.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 11:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

It's not a case of dragging Giroud. Giroud has never been a striker you bank on challenging for title. He didn't come to EPL today. He was just an average striker since 2013 when he came to EPL. It is known. He can get you some goals but offers no dynamism at all due to lack of pace. Your attacks will just be meh apart from scoring one or two headers every two games. Nobody will bank on challenging for title with Giroud. Same with Tammy.
there is a middle ground between challenging for the tittle and being a mid table team,and Chelsea are a mid table team,not worry I go ressurect this discussion end of january

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2020
madrid5:
there is a middle ground between challenging for the tittle and being a mid table team,and Chelsea are a mid table team,not worry I go ressurect this discussion end of january

There is nothing midtable about being one or two victories away from 2nd place. The table is cramped, and we have just had our bad run.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

There is nothing midtable about being one or two victories away from 2nd place. The table is cramped, and we have just had our bad run.
you have won just 1 in 5 and you have city, Leicester and Fulham coming up lol

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
madrid5:
you have won just 1 in 5 and you have city, Leicester and Fulham coming up lol

City game will be postponed. Leicester and Fulham, we go win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ibime:

City game will be postponed. Leicester and Fulham, we go win
there is no guarantee it will postpone fixture congestion is too much for City,make una train or and prepare for ass wiping don't hope for post ponement oh,those games will likely be played,Fulham is s draw,Leicester would win if at home draw if away

(1) (2) (3) ... (10649) (10650) (10651) (10652) (10653) (10654) (10655) ... (19393) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lekkie073(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.