Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10511545 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11739) (11740) (11741) (11742) (11743) (11744) (11745) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Godx:
Zidane the myth. A midfielder who was hyped as the best in the world, and yet who was consistently outperformed by midfielders in his own league. The failure at club level, Zidane never actually was the player he could be for France. He rarely ever did it for Juventus; he rarely ever did it for Real Madrid; in fact, both clubs did better without Zidane. It's only kids you will sell the myth about Zidane to, the most overrated player of all time alongside Pele.
I didn't watch zidane play, so I don't have anything to say about his playing days. But it will wonderful to learn that he was a fraud as a player and also being a fraud as a manager yet with many trophies. This man must be the luckiest man on earth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bisqit: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Who agrees

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
donstan18:

If Lampard and Gerrard played club football together, they would have achieved more than Xavi and Inesta.

That’s what I think.
Maybe. Well they messed up in the national team after years together so that should give you a clue, No matter how great players are, if they don't compliment each other they would fail, I don't need to tell you the midfield is the heart beat of the team
Grazie
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
airmark:

Busquets can be blown away by air.
Oga airmark Who was the better interceptor and press resistant midfielder?
Sergio Busquets or Xabi Alonso undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
Greatihex:
I didn't watch zidane play, so I don't have anything to say about his playing days. But it will wonderful to learn that he was a fraud as a player and also being a fraud as a manager yet with many trophies. This man must be the luckiest man on earth.
Zidane has more than 30 individual awards.

That alone, should tell you how good he was.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
bisqit:
Who agrees
He couldn’t break into a midfield that had Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Mount. cheesy

I can imagine Zidane not breaking into such midfield. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Oga airmark Who was the better interceptor and press resistant midfielder?
Sergio Busquets or Xabi Alonso undecided

grin

Interceptor ko, transistor radio ni.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Maybe. Well they messed up in the national team after years together so that should give you a clue, No matter how great players are, if they don't compliment each other they would fail, I don't need to tell you the midfield is the heart beat of the team
Grazie
List successful midfielders that played together only in country games. cheesy

I mean midfielders that successfully impacted their country side to victory.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
Zidame sef na fraud?? shocked

Wowza...is there any footballer that is accepted by all on these streets?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
Greatihex:
I said overrated not fraud and I didn't mention his coaching career. Before the 2006 WC, nobody considered Zidane anywhere near as highly as post-06. When he was at Juve, Zidane was widely criticized by a lot of respectable publications, not to mention the stand alone prominent personalities that also questioned the hype around a player who clearly wasn't as great as he was advertised as.
At club level, Zidane is nothing remarkable when you compare him to the other club legends. Fernando Redondo arguably had a better career at Real Madrid, despite having not even an ounce of the corporate power that was financing/marketing Zidane as a product.
Zidane's record looks even worse when you look at the success of his team before he got there. Zidane was at Real Madrid for 5 years. In those years, they basically won 1 La Liga and 1 CL. In the 5 years before Zidane got there, they won 2 La Liga titles and 2 CLs. And they immediately won La Liga twice in a row after he left. Zidane was at Juventus for 5 years. In those years, they basically won 2 Serie A titles. The last three years, they did not win the title, though, and right after Zidane left, they immediately won twice in a row. He was never any level above Iniesta or Xavi who dominated club and international football simualationsly.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
In summary, rodri, Jorg and bousq are system players with football basics only. It’s not a rocket science why they are not rated.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
hensben:
In summary, rodri, Jorg and bousq are system players. It’s not a rocket science why they are not rated.

Depends on who you ask?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
bisqit:
Plus he scored important goals
exquisite goals too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
airmark:

Debroslink don japa.

You must have been shocked that Iniesta went 365 days without a goal or an assist. Too bad. grin

I said you should stake $100 to back up your claim.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ibime:

Yeah, we know how Iniesta won after Xavi left, going a full calendar year with zero goal and zero assist.

We should credit the Spanish Kovacic for MSN work

You people should fear God.

Was there MSN in 2006 or 2017 that helped Iniesta win UCL and La liga respectively without Xavi?

Stop leading your people astray

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
bisqit:
Who agrees
ralf rangnick likened him to Johan cruyff grin

These are serious men talking about a player's abilities

Havertz is highly rated in Germany and internationally, they said that he is the most talented player that they have had in the last 30years

I no longer want to hype him up self, seeing messi fans talking about him, his Instagram page blowing up, some even using him to troll Ronaldo, suddenly he is being compared to mbappe and haaland as future world best

Only 66mins of football and the whole world saw his class, we have a player abeg, I just hope that Chelsea and Germany analyze that game and utilize him well, he is the type of player you build a team around, last last madrid will still collect him because of british press and their foolishness but let's enjoy the guy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
donstan18:

It worked for Barcelona then, can’t work for them now because of the modern days football.

That’s my point.

Pep tried it in Bayern and flopped in Ucl, tried in his first season in Epl, flopped that he had to change. Imagine Pep using 35+ years combat dm which is Fernandiho. That should ring a bell.

Football has changed. Ball playing Dms now can’t properly function without a combat dm partnering with them.
pep changed his tactics at Bayern, still does the usuals but it's more direct now, iniesta and xavi were special players

That Barca team was the best team the world has ever seen in my opinion, pep had to admit so you are wrong, he doesn't play with that system anymore, it's a hybrid kind he uses now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ALEXAPLAYME: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Zidane fraud? undecided
The way you guy's comfortably type nonsense here ehen.. na wa

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
hensben:
In summary, rodri, Jorg and bousq are system players. It’s not a rocket science why they are not rated.
Xavi is also a system player Incase you forgot cheesy cheesy. Why do you think he was a nobody until Guardiola at Barca and Spain started playing possession football cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Debroslink:

I said you should stake $100 to back up your claim.

And you ran away even when many quoted you. grin

Is it on Betfair or Bet365? grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
airmark:

And you ran away even when many quoted you. grin

Is it on Betfair or Bet365? grin

Na you I wan make labrat ni. Iniesta had zero goals and assists in a year. Oya make we bet na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2021
Even someone that didn't watch France 98 and Euros 2000 is saying Zidane was nobody before 2006.

Covid did us bad by bringing all kinds of dumbos to invade this thread.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
Debroslink:

Na you I wan make labrat ni. Iniesta had zero goals and assists in a year. Oya make we bet na.

grin

No goal No assist in 365 days in laliga. Who are you sending your $100 to as escrow?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
airmark:

grin

No goal No assist in 365 days in laliga. Who are you sending your $100 to as escrow?

You don change mouth. You didn't mention La liga earlier. Who cares about that when Baba dey do this for UCL same season

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
Debroslink:

You don change mouth. You didn't mention La liga earlier. Who cares about that when Baba dey do this for UCL same season

How could the great Iniesta go without a laliga goal or assist in 365 days? That's embarrassing. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
donstan18:

List successful midfielders that played together only in country games. cheesy

I mean midfielders that successfully impacted their country side to victory.
The ones I can think of now are Pogba, kante, matuidi and sometimes griezmann who played AM who were 2018 WC winners and Ronaldinho, Gilberto Silva of arsenal and Kleberson who were the Brazilian midfield in the 2002 World cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2021
The 2nd tweet off me cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Trevor012:

Xavi is also a system player Incase you forgot cheesy cheesy. Why do you think he was a nobody until Guardiola at Barca and Spain started playing possession football cheesy cheesy
At least xavi was special at it unlike those three.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
User09:

Depends on who you ask?
Majority of football fans don’t rate them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Trevor012:
The 2nd tweet off me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Zidane is basically Pogba without 2goals in a world cup final. He is not better than Nedved, Del piero or even platini.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2021
When I started watching football am sure your father was still single.

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
hensben:
At least xavi was special at it unlike those three.
A system player is a system player according to you cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11739) (11740) (11741) (11742) (11743) (11744) (11745) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codeb(m), SirAce, StarchAndBanga and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.