Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,809 members, 7,837,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10632206 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11909) (11910) (11911) (11912) (11913) (11914) (11915) ... (19281) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2021
timbros:

And what makes you think I remotely care what you think about my intelligence?

Mr Intelligent. Tell me why you will wish for the club you claim to support to lose 5 full months after your supposed mission is actualised.

Why will you come here to tell us you only wanted Chelsea to lose because you want Lampard sacked, while evidence proves that you wanted Chelsea to lose months after Lampard have been sacked?

No be access to data and Internet, and finding ourselves in the same cyber space go make you fit type that bolded. I for like to see you tell me for my face say I be rubbish.

francisgodstime:
But that comment on how u say u wouldn't mind if Chelsea lose d final who did u want to go? Lampard

Havertz10:
you aren't in sync with events, let me help you

I had a separate conversation with donstan, he was hyping mount and I said that I wouldn't mind if we lose and I was only being pragmatic, there was a possibility that we could lose, I simply said that I will find positives in a loss, how is that bad?

OJURONGBE1 and I have had many clashes here over our stances on issues, he is someone that knows most of the things that I have said, when he called me out, I responded to him because I knew that he was talking based on the things I have said in the past, if you noticed he mentioned losses he was talking in general, I reinterated my stance on past events and why I wanted us to lose games under Lampard

Tomboy came like you are doing now, and tried to twist my statements and the narrative behind them

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
you aren't in sync with events, let me help you

I had a separate conversation with donstan, he was hyping mount and I said that I wouldn't mind if we lose and I was only being pragmatic, there was a possibility that we could lose, I simply said that I will find positives in a loss, how is that bad?

OJURONGBE1 and I have had many clashes here over our stances on issues, he is someone that knows most of the things that I have said, when he called me out, I responded to him because I knew that he was talking based on the things I have said in the past, if you noticed he mentioned losses he was talking in general, I reinterated my stance on past events and why I wanted us to lose games under Lampard

Tomboy came like you are doing now, and tried to twist my statements and the narrative behind them

Even most optimistic Chelsea fan know that there's a possibility to lose,since Chelsea is playing man city not Norwich in the finals. So I don't know how you're being pragmatic here.
Also, no matter how, no Chelsea fan would "not mind losing CL final" , the biggest trophy in europe, all in the name of pragmatism.
And that's the main reason most people are using that against you.

And going through that convo, the reason you said it, is because of Mount, cos you feel fans will over hype mount if Chelsea eventually wins it. All these stories you're saying to turn amala no just gel.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
is mount ineista? Does mount have positional awareness? Does he move into space, when you watch mount play, does he make any movement that you see and say wow this guy knows how to read the game?

Ineista can be excused because he is special, mount isn't

There are players that play in the shadow, without the ball and when they get the ball, they already know what to do with it before their opponents can do anything

Those players are special because they are always thinking ahead of everybody on the pitch

People that read space, know when to make a run and how to take defenders for a ride, mount is only useful on the ball hence my insistence that he should be judged based on his productive output and besides havertz has both, goals and spacial awareness, how can we undermine havertz for mount?

Havertz numbers are similar to mount with less games, I can count a few games that we won because of havertz, how many can we say that mount won? How many goals did mount score that took anybody breath away? I love brilliant footballers not passion merchants that scam gullible viewers with aimless efforts

Havertz was sold with clauses that his former club knew that they will get, and guess what? Champions league win was one, havertz officially cost us more than 71m, you need to update your flop tag figure grin
This isn’t my point. My point is that you are always selective with your points, you don’t have an established reason why you hate Mount, you hate him today because of no open play assist, you’ll still hate him tomorrow when he drops one and tag it aided assist, you hate him today because he doesn’t score, you’ll still hate him tomorrow and call his goal tapin.

Always looking for a reason to hate Mount, to the extent of wishing Chelsea to lose Ucl against ManCity because Mount won Chelsea’s best player. You prefer Mount’s failure than Chelsea’s success.

All the things you’ve slandered Mount for, you’ve hyped Fraudvertz with the same.

Mount is far better than Fraudvertz, he’s more useful than him, if he’s not performing well attacking wise in a match, he’ll be atleast pertaking in some defensive duties and not be a liability to other players.

If Fraudvertz isn’t performing well in that attack, he’s either strolling, not marking players or sluggishly getting dispossessed.

No manager in Epl will choose Fraudvertz over Mount. Impossible!!

This is Fraudvertz in his first match for Chelsea.....

[img]https:///media/7-04-2021/y667xb.gif[/img]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2021
Jodera:
Even most optimistic Chelsea fan know that there's a possibility to lose,since Chelsea is playing man city not Norwich in the finals. So I don't know how you're being pragmatic here.
Also, no matter how, no Chelsea fan would "not mind losing CL final" , the biggest trophy in europe, all in the name of pragmatism.
And that's the main reason most people are using that against you.

And going through that convo, the reason you said it, is because of Mount, cos you feel fans will over hype mount if Chelsea eventually wins it. All these stories you're saying to turn amala no just gel.
I said that yesterday, it was the 2nd paragraph

I said that I knew that it would be used to validate mount as a talent

Chelsea could lose the game, I simply found solice with either outcome that was beneficial to me

Have you been to Twitter recently? Any little argument mount is better than any player because he won the champions league

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2021
timbros:

The boy na case.

Him say him dey look big picture. Somebody like him will bomb kidnappers together with two or three of their victims because thousands of other people are at risk of being kidnapped. Forgetting that every life matters.

OK. Lets assume that your planned have worked. Lampard have lost games and sacked. Fast forward May 18th, few days to the clubs most important game of the season. Infact the most important game since 9 years.... And you are still wishing them to lose "because of people like una".... Who does that? What kind of person is Havertz10?

Lampard have been sacked full 5 months ago and you are still wishing Chelsea to lose.... As in, which kind madness be that?
Not just lose, but Lose the biggest European finals in years?
What kinda fans does that?

Him say na "people like una"..

So him wan rub the loss for una face if Chelsea eventually lost? grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:

Chelsea could lose the game, I simply found solice with either outcome that was beneficial to me

Have you been to Twitter recently? Any little argument mount is better than any player because he won the champions league
So you prefer Chelsea to lose UCl finals than Mount to be hyped? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2021
donstan18:

This isn’t my point. My point is that you are always selective with your points, you don’t have an established reason why you hate Mount, you hate him today because of no open play assist, you’ll still hate him tomorrow when he drops one and tag it aided assist, you hate him today because he doesn’t score, you’ll still hate him tomorrow and call his goal tapin.

Always looking for a reason to hate Mount, to the extent of wishing Chelsea to lose Ucl against ManCity because Mount won Chelsea’s best player. You prefer Mount’s failure than Chelsea’s success.

All the things you’ve slandered Mount for, you’ve hyped Fraudvertz with the same.

Mount is far better than Fraudvertz, he’s more useful than him, if he’s not performing well attacking wise in a match, he’ll be atleast pertaking in some defensive duties and not be a liability to other players.

If Fraudvertz isn’t performing well in that attack, he’s either strolling, not marking players or sluggishly getting dispossessed.

No manager in Epl will choose Fraudvertz over Mount. Impossible!!

This is Fraudvertz in his first match for Chelsea.....

[img]https:///media/7-04-2021/y667xb.gif[/img]
my opinions about mount aren't just mine

Go to any Twitter page promoting mount and read the comments, half of chelsea supporters are all saying the same thing, he is an attacker, his attacking stats should be the priority not defensive stats

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:

That's always the big mistake you're making. You're carrying Twitter beef into nairaland. For what I know, most people here won't say mount have the talent you feel people at twitter claims he have. Here is independent of twitter so I don't know why you feel if people at twitter overhypes Mount, it now means people at nairaland will too.

Lemme tell you a fact... Nobody would have made a noise about Mount's assist ystdy if not for this Mount-havertz debate.

Tbh, the earlier you guys sheath your sword on this Mount-havertz debate, the better I swear, cos at least it'll make everyone acknowledge the good play of both players without any perceived agenda involved.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
my opinions about mount aren't just mine

Go to any Twitter page promoting mount and read the comments, half of chelsea supporters are all saying the same thing, he is an attacker, his attacking stats should be the priority not defensive stats

There are some games an attacker will play and not perform. It’s normal for all attackers.

When Mount isn’t performing in that attack, he’ll never be useless to the team. That’s where his defensive duties comes into play.

When Harvertz isn’t performing well in that attack, he becomes useless, turns to a burden and liability to other players because he’s very lazy and slow.

You get the point now?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2021
Anytime I log on Nairaland and see this thread with and extra 3 pages, I know that Donstan and Harvetz must be involved.

Make Una rest na grin

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2021
donstan18:

There are some games an attacker will play and not perform. It’s normal for all attackers.

When Mount isn’t performing in that attack, he’ll never be useless to the team. That’s where his defensive duties comes into play.

When Harvertz isn’t performing well in that attack, he becomes useless, turns to a burden and liability to other players because he’s very lazy and slow.

You get the point now?
when does mount perform

Mention a game over the last 2 years that mount presence in the team was the deciding factor

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2021
izzou:
Anytime I log on Nairaland and see this thread with and extra 3 pages, I know that Donstan and Harvetz must be involved.

Make Una rest na grin
i'm tired, ask them to stop being ridiculous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
when does mount perform

Mention a game over the last 2 years that mount presence in the team was the deciding factor
Chelsea vs Liverpool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2021
I wouldn't argue with anyone who says Havertz is lazy and slow. That's an IQ degrading arguement. Someone with an average IQ should be able to differentiate sluggishness from laziness and lack of pace.

Both stats and eye test, nothing suggests Havertz is lazy and slow. That someone is more hard-working than us doesn't make us lazy; for it is a known fact that hardwork doesn't necessarily equate success

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 11:16am On Jul 04, 2021
Henderson completed the most passes for England against Ukraine (43).... He came on in the 56th minutes.

Pass completion is a coefficient of how well a player shows up to receive the ball -- a necessary quality of a DM. England has one valued at 100M yet couldn't control mildfield properly against a very weak opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2021
swiz123:
Henderson completed the most passes for England against Ukraine (43).... He came on in the 56th minutes.

Pass completion is a coefficient of how well a player shows up to receive the ball -- a necessary quality of a DM. England has one valued at 100M yet couldn't control mildfield properly against a very weak opposition.

Hojberg the Mushin tout says Hi

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Adiwana: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2021
swiz123:

While Rice is highly overrated, your assessment based on yesterday's game involvement of both players is not really accurate. The game had already been won by the time Henderson came on and the game was there for England to control.

Another thing was that Ukraine pinned back England after conceding the first goal. Ukraine pretty much were the better team in the first half. Again, they switched to a 4-3-3 with Henderson as the lone DM as opposed to the double pivot role of Philips and Rice. This naturally made Henderson control most possession and dictated the tempo of the game.

So you see, it's not really about the stats. Need to take into account the context of the game

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:44am On Jul 04, 2021
Ibime:

Hojberg the Mushin tout says Hi
grin grin cheesy

This is the problem with them. They don’t have an already established reason and points to slander players. The same thing he failed to credit Hojberg for, is the same thing he’s using to credit Henderson just to discredit Rice. cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:47am On Jul 04, 2021
Rice positional play isnt that good.

I actually took my time to watch the guy diligently all through this tournament. Although he's got very good interception qualities, He's also quite sloppy in possession and has got poor recoveries; with that Phillips guy in the middle, This is even more evident.

The most disappointing part for me is for people who criticise Jorginho citing his speed. Declan Rice Speed is really average. There is no way in hell that guy recovers with pace from a speedy attacker.

He gives a lot of long balls too, but nothing special. He's also quite physically imposing. Generally speaking, this guy isnt an upgrade on any of our current midfielders. For 35milli, I would get him as he offers us a lot of flexibility, but he's not the wondershow some have pegged him to be if you look beyond the English hype. Based on what I have seen so far, Monaco's Tchouameni is the better player for me.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:

I said that yesterday, I said this today, I am patiently waiting for the day you'll run out of craps to say.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2021
Jodera:
Not just lose, but Lose the biggest European finals in years?
What kinda fans does that?

Him say na "people like una"..

So him wan rub the loss for una face if Chelsea eventually lost? grin grin

You don see am na.

Person wey I dey share support with.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2021
User09:
Rice positional play isnt that good.

I actually took my time to watch the guy diligently all through this tournament. Although he's got very good interception qualities, He's also quite sloppy in possession and has got poor recoveries; with that Phillips guy in the middle, This is even more evident.

The most disappointing part for me is for people who criticise Jorginho citing his speed. Declan Rice Speed is really average. There is no way in hell that guy recovers with pace from a speedy attacker.

He gives a lot of long balls too, but nothing special. He's also quite physically imposing. Generally speaking, this guy isnt an upgrade on any of our current midfielders. For 35milli, I would get him as he offers us a lot of flexibility, but he's not the wondershow some have pegged him to be if you look beyond the English hype. Based on what I have seen so far, Monaco's Tchouameni is the better player for me.

Rice with 91% pass completion and that highest average passes per game in the whole England front 6 is sloppy in possession?

Only Mason Mount makes more tackles per game than Rice, and only Mings makes more interceptions, so how is his recovery poor?

Mehn the stats just showed that your judgement is actually very questionable.

Man said sloppy in possession for a 91% pass accuracy player.

Na wa o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2021
Mendes has done it again.

I think this guy is washing money for Barcelona, just like he arranged Wolves to pay £35m for Semedo

Trincao is a good player, another tricky winger like Podence and Neto, but his value has dropped after the last season and there is no way Barca will be able to recoup the £35m they spent on him in this current market except Mendes come to the rescue.

On the other hand, this probably frees up Traore

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Rice with 91% pass completion and that highest average passes per game in the whole England front 6 is sloppy in possession?

Only Mason Mount makes more tackles per game than Rice, and only Mings makes more interceptions, so how is his recovery poor?

Mehn the stats just showed that your judgement is actually very questionable.

Man said sloppy in possession for a 91% pass accuracy player.

Na wa o

We are saying two different things. I'm more about the unsystematic.

Ease off on the need to criticize without fully understanding. I'm getting really tired of this whole contentious nonsense. Can I at least state my views?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
User09:

We are saying two different things. I'm more about the unsystematic

What does dictionary have to do with football?

Rice has 91% pass completion, and averages 46 passes a game. He is disposessed 0.4 times a match, which essentially means that he is disposessed once in 3 games.

Don't bring dictionary here, explain in football terms how such a player is sloppy in possession.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
User09:

Ease off on the need to criticize without fully understanding. I'm getting really tired of this whole contentious nonsense. Can I at least state my views?

Nobody said you should not state your views. A madman may look at the sun and call it the moon. That's the way his brain interprets what his eyes are seeing and of course he's free to state his views...but we too should be free to say that the man is insane

All I said was that the facts and figures do not support your views, and so your judgement, like the man who says he's seeing the moon at noon, is very questionable.

There's really no contention here as I'm not trying to prove to you that you are wrong. I'm just saying I recognise that your ability to interpret facts is impaired....dazall.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
Bam cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
nihilistjnr:

What does dictionary have to do with football?

Rice has 91% pass completion, and averages 46 passes a game. He is disposessed 0.4 times a match, which essentially means that he is disposessed once in 3 games.

Don't bring dictionary here, explain in football terms how such a player is sloppy in possession.

Again we are saying different things. Read my post again.

What you speak of has no correlation with my post. My first paragraph clearly sets the context. I'm not gonna go on an unnecessary wrangle with you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Patrick Vieira new Crystal Palace coach shocked shocked

I didn't see this coming...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
User09:

Again we are saying different things. Read my post again.

What you speak of has no correlation with my post. My first paragraph clearly sets the context. I'm not gonna go on an unnecessary wrangle with you

The reason you cannot go on an 'unnecessary wrangle' with me is because you realise there is nowhere to go.

A player can only lose possession in two ways, if he misplaces a pass or if he is disposessed.

Thoughout this tournament, Rice has averaged 91% pass completion and is disposessed only once every 3 games.

In the England game you said you watched diligently yesterday, Rice had 90% pass accuracy and was not dispossessed at all. The facts are the facts.

Such a person cannot be described by any of sound mind as being sloppy in possession, at least in the Euros or specifically in yesterday's game.

Like I said I'm not trying to prove anything to you. Like you, I'm just stating my views that your judgement is questionable. Dazall

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ibime how well do you follow Norwich?

Do they have what it takes to support Gilmour's development?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
Griffon:
Ibime how well do you follow Norwich?

Do they have what it takes to support Gilmour's development?

They had Oliver Skipp on loan from Spurs last season (who is a very good player BTW - he's like the English De Jong and should be making waves in Prem soon if all goes well).

He has returned to Spurs now so the path should be clear for Gilmour to stake a claim. They play attacking football as you know. That could be a good thing with Gilmour at the heart of it. . . or could be a bad thing, potentially exposing Gilmour too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11909) (11910) (11911) (11912) (11913) (11914) (11915) ... (19281) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), Jodera, abimcdssi, jorhney(m), Kimbeast, forgiveness and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.