Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10632547 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11910) (11911) (11912) (11913) (11914) (11915) (11916) ... (19282) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
I said that yesterday, it was the 2nd paragraph

I said that I knew that it would be used to validate mount as a talent

Chelsea could lose the game, I simply found solice with either outcome that was beneficial to me

Have you been to Twitter recently? Any little argument mount is better than any player because he won the champions league
If fans decide to hype their own what’s your problem with that. Na today you know say fans are meant to be reactionist. Guy you nor get case; you re either hating the you g lad because he is not the type of player you like to watch or something else. Mount is still growing and didn’t cost us a penny. Modric was benched for ozil under Mourhino, he was almost sold until Ancelotti came and the rest was history. Mount and Modric play similar football, only flair Modric has over Mount but that can be learnt. Ps: I’m not saying Mount and Modric are on same level before you start another narrative.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Even a scum, the lowest of scums would not celebrate manu lose so that Ole would be sacked

Big lie

Don't let Patrick hear you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
nihilistjnr:

The reason you cannot go on an 'unnecessary wrangle' with me is because you realise there is nowhere to go.

A player can only lose possession in two ways, if he misplaces a pass or of he is disposessed.

Thoughout this tournament, Rice has averaged 91% pass completion and is disposessed only once every 3 games.

In the England game you said you watched diligently yesterday, Rice had 90% pass accuracy and was not dispossessed at all.

Such a person cannot be described by any of sound mind as being sloppy in possession, at least in the Euros or specifically in yesterday's game.

Like I said I'm not trying to prove anything to you. Like you, I'm just stating my views that your judgement is questionable. Dazall

This one time. I would explain in basic parlance, maybe you would see where I'm coming from.

One good quality I like about Jorginho which I have praised him for here is his excellent positional judgement.

I see a lot of talk here about traffic wardens but you only ignore how an organized system should run with all spaces on the pitch accounted for in terms of plays and interplay. This is lacking in Rice's case. I extensively looked at him positionally and in my own assessment, he's not really in the right places; hence my use of the word sloppy in possession (Unsystematic).

That he makes 1000 passes or 100% completion rate has no basis here as he's sorta making them from where he shouldnt be. I have also criticised Mount over this especially during Lampard era where I talked about how he was always clogging other attackers space. Positional awareness is something I like in my DM's

The recovery I also speak of accounts for both.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
my opinions about mount aren't just mine

Go to any Twitter page promoting mount and read the comments, half of chelsea supporters are all saying the same thing, he is an attacker, his attacking stats should be the priority not defensive stats

Modric is an attacking midfielder too. G nor be all attacking midfielder be Lampard. The main thing na to influence your team to be winning, na why messi go tell you say him nor care about Individual glory as far as the team win which is the goal.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
hensben:
If fans decide to hype their own what’s your problem with that. Na today you know say fans are meant to be reactionist. Guy you nor get case; you re either hating the you g lad because he is not the type of player you like to watch or something else. Mount is still growing and didn’t cost us a penny. Modric was benched for ozil under Mourhino, he was almost sold until Ancelotti came and the rest was history. Mount and Modric play similar football, only flair Modric has over Mount but that can be learnt. Ps: I’m not saying Mount and Modric are on same level before you start another narrative.
Ok oo

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ibime:

They had Oliver Skipp on loan from Spurs last season (who is a very good player BTW - he's like the English De Jong and should be making waves in Prem soon if all goes well).

He has returned to Spurs now so the path should be clear for Gilmour to stake a claim. They play attacking football as you know. That could be a good thing with Gilmour at the heart of it. . . or could be a bad thing, potentially exposing Gilmour too much.

The emboldened. It's the overarching club's style of play and manager's ingenuity that'll determine how the lad fares. I have strong faith in Billy and honestly would not want to see him go the path of McEachran or even Musonda.

Tammy to Villa park, good call? At least for his career if you ask me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
User09:

This one time. I would explain in basic parlance, maybe you would see where I'm coming from.

One good quality I like about Jorginho which I have praised him for here is his excellent positional judgement.

I see a lot of talk here about traffic wardens but you only ignore how an organized system should run with all spaces on the pitch accounted for in terms of plays and interplay. This is lacking in Rice's case. I extensively looked at him positionally and in my own assessment, he's not really in the right places; hence my use of the word sloppy in possession (Unsystematic).

That he makes 1000 passes or 100% completion rate has no basis here as he's sorta making them from where he shouldnt be.

I'm guessing you're in the dressing room with them as Deputy Southgate, for you to know exactly where Rice should be in the system.

Another thing is that because the camera follows the ball, it's almost impossible to see positional play from DMs and CBs outside individual sequences of play. The only way to watch the system is to be at the match - ask anybody who goes to games...so again, I don't know what you're seeing o, but all I know is that facts are facts.

Let's leave the matter now as I think you've made your point enough, and I have made mine

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
swiz123:
Henderson completed the most passes for England against Ukraine (43).... He came on in the 56th minutes.

Pass completion is a coefficient of how well a player shows up to receive the ball -- a necessary quality of a DM. England has one valued at 100M yet couldn't control mildfield properly against a very weak opposition.

Even without the stats we could see the ball flowing through every part of the pitch with series of passes linking the defense with attack as soon as the guy came in .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
nihilistjnr:

I'm guessing you're in the dressing room with them as Deputy Southgate, for you to know exactly where Rice should be in the system.

Another thing is that because the camera follows the ball, it's almost impossible to see positional play from DMs and CBs outside individual sequences of play. The only way to watch the system is to be at the match - ask anybody who goes to games...so again, I don't know what you're seeing o, but all I know is that facts are facts.

Let's leave the matter now as I think you've made your point enough, and I have made mine

Fair enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
This thread grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Funny thing is I like Havertz10 but don’t like his views on Mount cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Instead of this Traore why don't we go for Atalanta full back Joakim Maehle?
Can play LWB, RWB, RB and even LB. Young. Very good player.

Although make them shaa sign CF and DM first. All other positions can wait till next window or even summer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JigsawKillah(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ibime:

I can't forget these your old bars. . . LWKMD . . .

You like cursing people's moms, you're gettin' a round huh, nigga!
Your lies so hot, you get guys shot without guns, nigga
Your mom hawks kerosene, you denied her when she came around your niggas
I saw her wearing one leg of shoe. . . I said 'you lost your shoe?'. . . She said 'nah, just found one' nigga!

grin grin grin grin
I done even forget this thing sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
hensben:
The way Mount play corner kick is classic.

Please don't do this nau... embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bisqit: 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Why is Rashford always coming from the bench? Or is there something i don't know.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ibime:

They had Oliver Skipp on loan from Spurs last season (who is a very good player BTW - he's like the English De Jong and should be making waves in Prem soon if all goes well).

He has returned to Spurs now so the path should be clear for Gilmour to stake a claim. They play attacking football as you know. That could be a good thing with Gilmour at the heart of it. . . or could be a bad thing, potentially exposing Gilmour too much.

The second paragraph really encapsulates my fears. I didn't really watch Norwich last season so I can't tell, but if they play a Jung-ho kind of attacking football with Gilmour as a lone DM, the risks of him getting badly exposed are high. At the same time, their attacking style of play means we should expect the best from him when it comes to displaying his impressive passing range.

I hope his loan turns out better than that of Gallagher. West Brom's ultra defensive style really hindered his attacking abilities, and even at that he was one of their best players last season. Looking forward to seeing him in preseason, which starts tomorrow by the way.

I'm sha happy with this Gilmour loan. I see him succeeding big time. I think he'll also need to improve on his physicality.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 2:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
BlueMann:

The second paragraph really encapsulates my fears. I didn't really watch Norwich last season so I can't tell, but if they play a Jung-ho kind of attacking football with Gilmour as a lone DM, the risks of him getting badly exposed are high. At the same time, their attacking style of play means we should expect the best from him when it comes to displaying his impressive passing range.

I hope his loan turns out better than that of Gallagher. West Brom's ultra defensive style really hindered his attacking abilities, and even at that he was one of their best players last season. Looking forward to seeing him in preseason, which starts tomorrow by the way.

I'm sha happy with this Gilmour loan. I see him succeeding big time.
Tell your club to please sign a centre forward.
We can use Odoi as a RWB and Ampadu as a backup DM but there is no substitute for goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Unlimited22:

Tell your club to please sign a centre forward.
We can use Odoi as a RWB and Ampadu as a backup DM but there is no substitute for goals.

No be your club again? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
bisqit:
Why is Rashford always coming from the bench? Or is there something i don't know.

Yes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Havertz10:
Bros J, I know that I have stopped praying to you, no vex, na comfort cause am

Abeg eh just help me remove England today

I go enter church tomorrow

Amen grin
grin grin cheesy . I like as Jesus air you. Your ability to disrespect is uncanny, see as you turn Jesus to your area senior.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
timbros:

And what makes you think I remotely care what you think about my intelligence?

Mr Intelligent. Tell me why you will wish for the club you claim to support to lose 5 full months after your supposed mission is actualised.

Why will you come here to tell us you only wanted Chelsea to lose because you want Lampard sacked, while evidence proves that you wanted Chelsea to lose months after Lampard have been sacked?

No be access to data and Internet, and finding ourselves in the same cyber space go make you fit type that bolded. I for like to see you tell me for my face say I be rubbish.
Because he is a maniac
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
timbros:

And what makes you think I remotely care what you think about my intelligence?

Mr Intelligent. Tell me why you will wish for the club you claim to support to lose 5 full months after your supposed mission is actualised.

Why will you come here to tell us you only wanted Chelsea to lose because you want Lampard sacked, while evidence proves that you wanted Chelsea to lose months after Lampard have been sacked?

No be access to data and Internet, and finding ourselves in the same cyber space go make you fit type that bolded. I for like to see you tell me for my face say I be rubbish.
grin Na senior man like you na him that Baba dey follow cap careless grin grin

Senior man abeg freestyle em matter o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
But when Una go learn to overlook some posts here?

It's not compulsory na.

Be like uncle Nateevs grin

Baba na only matchdays we dey see am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
BlueMann:

I'm sha happy with this Gilmour loan. I see him succeeding big time. I think he'll also need to improve on his physicality.
it also helped other aspects of Gallagher's game
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Yesterday's game, if Mount didn't block that goal bound shot maybe Pickford wouldn't have saved it and it would be 1-1, and Ukraine would have added more fire into the game.

Manager love players they can trust, to both produce and not be a reliability.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ibime:
Mendes has done it again.

I think this guy is washing money for Barcelona, just like he arranged Wolves to pay £35m for Semedo

Trincao is a good player, another tricky winger like Podence and Neto, but his value has dropped after the last season and there is no way Barca will be able to recoup the £35m they spent on him in this current market except Mendes come to the rescue.

On the other hand, this probably frees up Traore
does this mean Chelsea are buying Traore, you're preferred choice cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
User09:
Rice positional play isnt that good.

I actually took my time to watch the guy diligently all through this tournament. Although he's got very good interception qualities, He's also quite sloppy in possession and has got poor recoveries; with that Phillips guy in the middle, This is even more evident.

The most disappointing part for me is for people who criticise Jorginho citing his speed. Declan Rice Speed is really average. There is no way in hell that guy recovers with pace from a speedy attacker.

He gives a lot of long balls too, but nothing special. He's also quite physically imposing. Generally speaking, this guy isnt an upgrade on any of our current midfielders. For 35milli, I would get him as he offers us a lot of flexibility, but he's not the wondershow some have pegged him to be if you look beyond the English hype. Based on what I have seen so far, Monaco's Tchouameni is the better player for me.
Wow you watch ligue 1 shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
swiz123:
Henderson completed the most passes for England against Ukraine (43).... He came on in the 56th minutes.

Pass completion is a coefficient of how well a player shows up to receive the ball -- a necessary quality of a DM. England has one valued at 100M yet couldn't control mildfield properly against a very weak opposition.

did they also count those moments and passes where England back players were playing middleman without a middleman
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SyIvalord: 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
airmark:

Coach Sylvagate. grin
Lol. Let England and Spain reach the final first, you’ll see. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
This guy was trying to be nice but deep down his heart he know the truth.

Satya Kumar

No mention of Busquets at all�

Football Meta
Football Meta

Yeah I feel guilty about that lol.. busquests is undoubtedly one of the best CDM's ever, but I felt makalele was a perfect holding mid, and pirlo one of the best playmakers.. with busquests being a hybrid of everything I didn't know how to work him into the tactics �
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Petr Cech is pushing Chelsea’s recruitment team to bring in Werder Bremen keeper Jiri Pavlenka as a second back-up to Edouard Mendy.

Another one from Cech

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Leave have.rtz10 jarey. Na for him to tell us weda mount steal him girlfriend to know the genesis of him hatred for Mount.

Every assist for mount dey always get name

"Aided" assist
"Close play" assist
"He did not mean it " Assist
"Only corner kick" assist

grin grin
What of non-open play assist cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (11910) (11911) (11912) (11913) (11914) (11915) (11916) ... (19282) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr, amodu(m), Astrid4(m), Griffon(m), BlueAngel444, WhoDeyHause, SirAce, Vischy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.