Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,661 members, 7,865,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10755776 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19278) (19279) (19280) (19281) (19282) (19283) (19284) ... (19436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 10:35am On May 23
Vischy:
🚨 BREAKING: Chelsea have notified Ipswich Town of their interest in Kieran McKenna, he is their favoured candidate. (@JacobSteinberg) #CFC #justcfc

Effrebo. shocked grin

I read his profile. He is a balance coach in terms of attack and defense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:38am On May 23
Kompany and Mr Ikenna getting big moves in the same window

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:42am On May 23
Ipswich town 2019/20 10th
2020/21 9th
21/22 December before hiring McKenna from united, they were 12th, he did win seven of his first 10 matches, keeping seven clean sheets during that run and eventually setting a club record of 559 minutes without letting in a goal. And finishing a point here than the previous season, but 11th.

Then his first full season in charge as a manager, they won promotion finishing highest scoring, high points only 3 points from winning league one and lowest goals conceeded.

Not to speak of game changing goals to go from beind to win.

He carried this into championship, where they finished just one point difference to winning the league, toping championship scoring chart with 92goals while conceeding 57, not the best defence but top three because of McKenna's tactics.

If he repeats that same "trick" with Chelsea who basically like Poch said are mid table, underdogs we could finish top 3 next season. Problem is players moral is probably low due to losing not just games, top four, EFL cup but also Pochetinno.

McKenna using 4-2-3-1 as well, hopefully he brings in Ipswich LB or Chilwell stays fit and performs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:45am On May 23
BlueAngel444:
lol it's funny how people now praise Arsenal and Arteta some seasons ago he was trash he couldn't even be compared to Lampard but what Arteta received Lampard didn't, time and listening hears of the board and resources.

Well Arsenal were never a firing club per say. But I don't Bayern considered kompany's past season but his previous seasons in lower divisions, after all Bayern have a great squad in a weak league that should be easy even for Xabi to work magic why not Kompany. Even at that it's a first, to see a big club hire a manager from a relegated team that couldn't even put up a fight. But this football experts see something or else it has got to be the Pep influence.

Una go just dey cap carelessly with full confidence.

When was Lampard ever a better manager than Arteta?

Lampard took over a team that Sarri had just used to trash Arsenal in the Europa league final in 2019; Guess what he did with that team? He used that team to lose against Arteta's team in FA cup final 2020. That was Arteta winning his first cup less than one year of taking over at Arsenal.

Lampard was never a better manager than Arteta at any point in time. Lampard was a great football player , but a shitty manager. Everyone at Chelsea knows this, those at Everton know this as well.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:46am On May 23
Vischy:

Xabi Alonso retaining his winning team means Leverkusen is winning the league again.

even klopp with Dortmund found that difficult to do, let transfer window end first abi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 10:47am On May 23
BlueAngel444:
Ipswich town 2019/20 10th
2020/21 9th
21/22 December before hiring McKenna from united, they were 12th, he did win seven of his first 10 matches, keeping seven clean sheets during that run and eventually setting a club record of 559 minutes without letting in a goal. And finishing a point here than the previous season, but 11th.

Then his first full season in charge as a manager, they won promotion finishing highest scoring, high points only 3 points from winning league one and lowest goals conceeded.

Not to speak of game changing goals to go from beind to win.

He carried this into championship, where they finished just one point difference to winning the league, toping championship scoring chart with 92goals while conceeding 57, not the best defence but top three because of McKenna's tactics.

If he repeats that same "trick" with Chelsea who basically like Poch said are mid table, underdogs we could finish top 3 next season. Problem is players moral is probably low due to losing not just games, top four, EFL cup but also Pochetinno.

McKenna using 4-2-3-1 as well, hopefully he brings in Ipswich LB or Chilwell stays fit and performs

Great analysis,real potential for McKenna.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 10:50am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Lampard took over a team that Sarri had just used to trash Arsenal in the Europa league final in 2019; Guess what he did with that team? He used that team to lose against Arteta's team in FA cup final 2020. That was Arteta winning his first cup less than one year of taking over at Arsenal.

Lampard was never a better manager than Arteta at any point in time. Lampard was a great football player , but a shitty manager. Everyone at Chelsea knows this, those at Everton know this as well.

You suddenly forgot Chelsea lost Hazard and we couldn't sign replacement because of transfer ban yet lampard made it to top 4 with academy players.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 10:52am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Well, Lampard did well in the championship before he was considered. Remember, it was Lampard that used Mount on loan from Chelsea and made him a regular player in Chelsea due to ban.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 10:54am On May 23
Izzou

Ikenga is coming with full force cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:58am On May 23
It's sad because the one player Lampard wanted and was vocal about it was Declan Rice. And that's because as good as Lampard is in attack his defence was an issue and a weakness something that was exposed the next season and Tuchel fixed in a way to win UCL.

It's sad Lampard never fixed that his poor defence tactics, I hope he gets to work under a top manager and learns.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:58am On May 23
forgiveness:

Well, Lampard did well in the championship before he was considered. Remember, it was Lampard that used Mount on loan from Chelsea and made him a regular player in Chelsea due to ban.

Kompany did not only do well in the Championship, but won it. Guess what he did in the EPL? yes u guessed right, he has successfully relegated the same team.

Anybody can be the Pep Guardiola of the Championship, it is what u do managing a team in the EPL that people will use to judge u.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:01am On May 23
Even dead broke barka is going to hire flick after realizing how mid gbavi has finished them, the same man who flogged them 8-2 but we are looking to sign kadiri Ikhena who has not even managed in the premier league. Can these our working boys even respect him with all their big salaries knowing his cv? I don tire for these owners.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 11:02am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Kompany did not only do well in the Championship, but won it. Guess what he did in the EPL? yes u guessed right, he has successfully relegated the same team.

Anybody can be the Pep Guardiola of the Championship, it is what u do managing a team in the EPL that people will use to judge u.

Nevertheless, Kompany took Anderlecht to 3rd position in the Belgium pro league and cup final though he lost it.

That's with a better team. The probability he will do well in Germany is positive.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:02am On May 23
Vischy:

You suddenly forgot Chelsea lost Hazard and we couldn't sign replacement because of transfer ban yet lampard made it to top 4 with academy players.

U are talking out of point . Go and read that post again; somebody claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta . My question is WHEN ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:04am On May 23
Leyqute:
Izzou

Ikenga is coming with full force cool

McKenna is actually a very good coach. Arguably the best academy coach we have had in a really long time. It is just funny seeing Chelsea fans twisting and turning in their attempts to extract some positivity from his appointment. An appointment they would have mocked us for if we had made the move.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:05am On May 23
forgiveness:

Nevertheless, Kompany took Anderlecht to 3rd position in the Belgium pro league and cup final though he lost it.

That's with a better team. The probability he will do well in Germany is positive.

I don’t have a problem with Kompany , if he will do well in Germany or not remains to be seen. I only pointed it out to u that doing well in the Championship doesn’t mean u will be a good manager in the EPL or any top league .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:06am On May 23
forgiveness:

Bayern is the biggest team in Germany the pressure to always perform is very high and this one they just lost the league it would be higher. I think they just hired kompany as a stop gap after everybody even siasia was rejecting them left and right cause I want to know the special thing he did in Burnley. Somebody that is stubborn like de zerbi with defending.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 11:09am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

I don’t have a problem with Kompany , if he will do well in Germany or not remains to be seen. I only pointed it out to u that doing well in the Championship doesn’t mean u will be a good manager in the EPL or any top league .

I pointed out why Chelsea hired Lampard in the first place.

Just two factors. He did well in Championship and he's a Chelsea legend. So, we can't say he was trash as at the time he was employed. He even finished top 4 and lost final of a cup. That's not bad at all compares with Kompany fisrt season in EPL.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 11:10am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

U are talking out of point . Go and read that post again; somebody claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta . My question is WHEN ?

Where did Arteta finish in hia first season in EPL?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 11:14am On May 23
afrodoc2:

McKenna is actually a very good coach. Arguably the best academy coach we have had in a really long time. It is just funny seeing Chelsea fans twisting and turning in their attempts to extract some positivity from his appointment. An appointment they would have mocked us for if we had made the move.
He's a good coach with potential that shouldn't be at a top club at the moment probably one of these mid table sides or in another country learning. This appointment is just the directors looking for a puppet to control and take any decisions made without questioning. He might succeed in the future like some of our young prospects who are gradually developing with game time but the question is will they give him time for his own project especially as he won't have much say in transfer business. These are the same guys who hired potter and fired him in under a year.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 11:17am On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

He's a good coach with potential that shouldn't be at a top club at the moment probably one of these mid table sides or in another country learning. This appointment is just the directors looking for a puppet to control and take any decisions made without questioning. He might succeed in the future like some of our young prospects who are gradually developing with game time but the question is will they give him time for his own project especially as he won't have much say in transfer business. These are the same guys who hired potter and fired him in under a year.

I hope these investors are not profit orientated and motivated? Else why buy young players?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:17am On May 23
forgiveness:

Where did Arteta finish in hia first season in EPL?

He finished 8th in the EPL and won a major trophy in his first season. Now how and when was Lampard better than Arteta as a coach ?

NB: Arsenal is Arteta's first job as a first team manager
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 11:43am On May 23
Stomach just dey turn me with all this news.
Why gamble a whole season on a hunch that might not happen.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 11:50am On May 23
BlueRayDick:

He finished 8th in the EPL and won a major trophy in his first season. Now how and when was Lampard better than Arteta as a coach ?

NB: Arsenal is Arteta's first job as a first team manager

Time is an essential factor but unfortunately Chelsea doesn't tolerate average performance that's why lampard was sacked and arteta is still arsenal manager for 5 fucking years without a major trophy.

Facts; Arteta won't last a season as Chelsea manager

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:08pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

I agree with you 100%. I don't think he should take the job or even the United job. He should go to a club like Brighton first and wet his beak.

He is a really good coach with potential, but everybody can't be Pep.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:20pm On May 23
Vischy:

Time is an essential factor but unfortunately Chelsea doesn't tolerate average performance that's why lampard was sacked and arteta is still arsenal manager for 5 fucking years without a major trophy.

Facts; Arteta won't last a season as Chelsea manager

U are talking out of point as usual. If u like go marekt, buy paint and color ur comment in rainbow color, it won't change the fact that I made a factual statement countering the careless cappings of the other moniker.

He claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta in their coaching careers and that has been proven to be a lie. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 12:22pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

The same Kolasinac that was pursued by Schalke 04 fans after himself and Mustafi successfully relegated the club after leaving Arsenal ? 😂

Anybody can win a cup by being a member of a winning team . The koko is , what was his contribution to that team ?
So why isn't arsenal a winning team that wins European titles?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DeadPresidents: 12:25pm On May 23
afrodoc2:

I agree with you 100%. I don't think he should take the job or even the United job. He should go to a club like Brighton first and wet his beak.

Seconded.

Would be a pity if his fledgling career gets sacrificed on the slab of managerial slaughterhouses like Chelsea and United
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 12:31pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

U are talking out of point as usual. If u like go marekt, buy paint and color ur comment in rainbow color, it won't change the fact that I made a factual statement countering the careless cappings of the other moniker.

He claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta in their coaching careers and that has been proven to be a lie. Simple.
How is it a lie ? Lampard and Arteta who was more rated after the 2019/2020 season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 12:31pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Where was Arteta when Lampard led Derby to championship playoff? I think he was just an assistant coach with no achievement of his own hence it's save to save Lampard was better than him at some point.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:39pm On May 23
forgiveness:

Where was Arteta when Lampard led Derby to championship playoff? I think he was just an assistant coach with no achievement of his own hence it's save to save Lampard was better than him at some point.

A rookie manager wins FA cup in his first season as as a first team coach. A rookie manager led a team to playoffs in the championship and lost.

So in ur world the one that lost Championship playoffs was better than the one that actually won a cup in his first season on the job ?

Omo! People dey this world o. Even Lampard will not regard himself as the better of the two

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 12:40pm On May 23
afrodoc2:

Even apari had great tools when Barca brought from the academy that's why he'll always credit Messi for his career. This one we have nothing similar to that team even our best player palmer can't be compared to Messi in anything. I even thought ikenna would be smart to reject our advances but he wants to fast track his career which might make him fall into the same trap as potter. Even Eddie Howe spent a considerable amount of time with Bournemouth both in the lower leagues and premier league before Newcastle signed him. You people should just be thankful we have bigger clowns in charge.
See me thinking affliction will not rise again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19278) (19279) (19280) (19281) (19282) (19283) (19284) ... (19436) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, fredoooooo, BlaqFaze and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.