Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,654 members, 7,862,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10736037 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19279) (19280) (19281) (19282) (19283) (19284) (19285) ... (19401) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 12:41pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

Una go just dey cap carelessly with full confidence.

When was Lampard ever a better manager than Arteta?

Lampard took over a team that Sarri had just used to trash Arsenal in the Europa league final in 2019; Guess what he did with that team? He used that team to lose against Arteta's team in FA cup final 2020. That was Arteta winning his first cup less than one year of taking over at Arsenal.

This narrative is laughable coming from an Arsenal fan. So if United and Ten hag wins the fa cup you agree he has been better than Arteta over the past 2 years combined?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 12:49pm On May 23
I don die sorry we don die.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:51pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:54pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Those players are useless liars.

McKenna coached our academy and Ipswich to play good football. Only the coach-killing mumunatus in our squad were unable to respond to his methods.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:07pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Don’t mind those yeye players. Ikenna will do wonders at Chelsea.

Exceptional coach for an exceptional club. 💪🏽
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 1:12pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

A rookie manager wins FA cup in his first season as as a first team coach. A rookie manager led a team to playoffs in the championship and lost.

So in ur world the one that lost Championship playoffs was better than the one that actually won a cup in his first season on the job ?

Omo! People dey this world o. Even Lampard will not regard himself as the better of the two

Oga, I agree a rookie Arteta won FA cup in his first season in 2019/2020 season.

Now, let us think towards this direction. Prior to the beginning of 2019/2020 season, Lampard already made name for himself in 2018/2019 in the championship while Arteta was just a rookie coach from being assistant coach in another club.

Based on this, at the beginning of 2019/2020 season, who was better between Lampard and Arteta? angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 1:12pm On May 23
afrodoc2:

Those players are useless liars.

McKenna coached our academy and Ipswich to play good football. Only the coach-killing mumunatus in our squad were unable to respond to his methods.

Leyqute:

Don’t mind those yeye players. Ikenna will do wonders at Chelsea.
Oh God please fight my sorry our battles for us this one our enemies don dey prepare table in front of us before season start.
We don die. cry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:12pm On May 23
That was a majestical tactical masterclass from Gasperini/Atalanta.

Full of energy and devastating on the 1v1s.

MOTMs - Lookman and Ederson.

Outstanding performance from the team.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 1:15pm On May 23
izzou:
This Alonso's success must be motivating these club owners and boards to start making funny selections.

You kick Tuchel out for Kompany?

And then Chelsea and Scumchester dey find Championship coach?

Alonso better come forth and confess. Which baba do the jazz for you? Because your success wan send us go UEL permanently
All data based bro, data data data.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 1:17pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Bayern is the biggest team in Germany the pressure to always perform is very high and this one they just lost the league it would be higher. I think they just hired kompany as a stop gap after everybody even siasia was rejecting them left and right cause I want to know the special thing he did in Burnley. Somebody that is stubborn like de zerbi with defending.

grin nobody wan spoil em own market but Kompany might do well. His problem is defending. Dude love attacking attacking attacking while dem dey damage em team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:27pm On May 23
forgiveness:

Oga, I agree a rookie Arteta won FA cup in his first season in 2019/2020 season.

Now, let us think towards this direction. Prior to the beginning of 2019/2020 season, Lampard already made name for himself in 2018/2019 in the championship while Arteta was just a rookie coach from being assistant coach in another club.

Based on this, at the beginning of 2019/2020 season, who was better between Lampard and Arteta? angry

grin grin grin

At this point u are giving the vibe of a student who decided to answer a question the examiner did not ask inside his answer booklet.

In one breath u agreed Arteta was still an assitant manager until his appointment at Arsenal. Then the same u is asking about who was a better manger over a period Arteta was not yet a manger cheesy

Maybe u should go and read the initial post I quoted so u won't be arguing amiss.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:30pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:
Even dead broke barka is going to hire flick after realizing how mid gbavi has finished them, the same man who flogged them 8-2 but we are looking to sign kadiri Ikhena who has not even managed in the premier league. Can these our working boys even respect him with all their big salaries knowing his cv? I don tire for these owners.
apart from sterling who else is on some grand salary

As much as I troll Xavi and Barca, have you seen their XI, their squad. Especially without Pedro due to injury. No way he was winning la liga or UCL with no new signings
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 1:33pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

At this point u are giving the vibe of a student who decided to answer a question the examiner did not ask inside his answer booklet.

In one breath u agreed Arteta was still an assitant manager until his appointment at Arsenal. Then the same u is asking about who was a better manger over a period Arteta was not yet a manger cheesy

Maybe u should go and read the initial post I quoted so u won't be arguing amiss.

BlueRayDick:

U are talking out of point . Go and read that post again; somebody claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta . My question is WHEN ?

The answer is at the beginning of 2019/2020 when Arteta was appointed as Arsenal manager from Manchester city as assistant coach.

As at then Lampard was already famous due to his exploits at the Championship. Who was better at tha t point at the beginning of 2019/2020 season? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:34pm On May 23
forgiveness:

I hope these investors are not profit orientated and motivated? Else why buy young players?
profit oriented how?
And they bought cucurella 60m, sterling 45m, koulibaly 30m where is the profit. They have dashed out plenty players self.

It feels more like they are trying everything to see what works best. This is something Man City did but not at a fast pace like this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:37pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

He's a good coach with potential that shouldn't be at a top club at the moment probably one of these mid table sides or in another country learning. This appointment is just the directors looking for a puppet to control and take any decisions made without questioning. He might succeed in the future like some of our young prospects who are gradually developing with game time but the question is will they give him time for his own project especially as he won't have much say in transfer business. These are the same guys who hired potter and fired him in under a year.
Inside insider tells me that Chelses were not happy sacking Potter but it was also their fault getting him months after a poor preseason. They hope to get it right this time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:39pm On May 23
afrodoc2:

I agree with you 100%. I don't think he should take the job or even the United job. He should go to a club like Brighton first and wet his beak.

He is a really good coach with potential, but everybody can't be Pep.

even if he goes to Brighton and finishes top6 or 5, what then. Where is Potter and RDZ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:40pm On May 23
forgiveness:

The answer is at the beginning of 2019/2020 when Arteta was appointed as Arsenal manager from Manchester city as assistant coach.

As at then Lampard was already famous due to his exploits at the Championship. Who was better at tha t point at the beginning of 2019/2020 season? grin

grin grin grin

Dj Famous ni.

Arteta was not even appointed until December (4 months already into the season). Yet, he finished the season with a trophy .

Exploits in the Championship cheesy cheesy cheesy. You are not serious o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:40pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

U are talking out of point as usual. If u like go marekt, buy paint and color ur comment in rainbow color, it won't change the fact that I made a factual statement countering the careless cappings of the other moniker.

He claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta in their coaching careers and that has been proven to be a lie. Simple.
guy have shame, I ignored your nonsense response so you could see it as nonsense, even when others corrected you. You dey form stubborn fly, but continue. Continue claiming you are right by yourself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:43pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:
unconvinced but isn't that the same period they had a great run 😒
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 1:48pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
guy have shame, I ignored your nonsense response so you could see it as nonsense, even when others corrected you. You dey form stubborn fly, but continue. Continue claiming you are right by yourself.

E be like say this one Dey find his/her period .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:50pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

E be like say this one Dey find his/her period .
it's probably inside your mouth

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:52pm On May 23
Lol arsenal fans that wanted Emery out after 6th and 5th, is it Arteta that took them 8th back to back 🤣🤣

All this duds with cap memories

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:57pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

U are talking out of point as usual. If u like go marekt, buy paint and color ur comment in rainbow color, it won't change the fact that I made a factual statement countering the careless cappings of the other moniker.

He claimed at some point Lampard was better than Arteta in their coaching careers and that has been proven to be a lie. Simple.

Arteta finished 8th 2 seasons in a row

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 2:02pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
unconvinced but isn't that the same period they had a great run 😒
Great run where? Didn't you see the date?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:04pm On May 23
Ibime:

Arteta finished 8th 2 seasons in a row

That was never disputed . He won a trophy in less than a year in charge and that bought him extra time .

Lampard on the other hand lost finals and didn’t do much to improve the lot of the team when the transfer ban was lifted after he made signings .

Lampard was a great player no doubt, but there’s nothing to write home about his managerial career thus far especially when u pitch it against Arteta’s

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 2:04pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
Inside insider tells me that Chelses were not happy sacking Potter but it was also their fault getting him months after a poor preseason. They hope to get it right this time
Which nonsense poor preseason? Facts is potter was immature for the job and didn't get the right profiles for own project nor were the board willing to wait that long till he finally got it right and we're about to do the same mistake with McKenna.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:05pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

That was never disputed . He won a trophy in less than a year in charge and that bought him extra time .

Lampard on the other hand lost finals and didn’t do much to improve the lot of the team when the transfer ban was lifted after he made signings .

Lampard didn't make signings, they were jumbled together for him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 2:09pm On May 23
Ibime:

Lampard didn't make signings, they were jumbled together for him

Well, that’s club internal politics .

Maybe that excuse can fly for him during his time at Chelsea sha . But looking at his coaching career overall, he hasn’t gone past the peak of being FA cup runner up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 2:10pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
apart from sterling who else is on some grand salary

As much as I troll Xavi and Barca, have you seen their XI, their squad. Especially without Pedro due to injury. No way he was winning la liga or UCL with no new signings
Flick would never take barka to ulokpa back to back. Barka have suddenly seen how their young inexperienced coach was destroying them before sadly getting sense. McKenna is a young coach that his cv doesn't automatically put respect especially in the eyes of younger players who are lazy or don't get playing time. Chelsea with the new salary structure is still one of the highest payers in the league though spread over longer years, he'll have to earn it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 2:14pm On May 23
After 5 years at arsenal whatelse has Arteta won apart from FA Cup and carabao?

Remember 5 years....... That's arsenal standard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:16pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Which nonsense poor preseason? Facts is potter was immature for the job and didn't get the right profiles for own project nor were the board willing to wait that long till he finally got it right and we're about to do the same mistake with McKenna.
potter was immature? Lol

Did you remember klopp 2015 where Liverpool finished 8th or so. Klopp seemed to have tried a thousand different things, may be one reason they lost that final that started making some compare him to bottler Poch, but thank God he won Europa league abi.

Come o klopp is a legend after a decade winning just 1 EPL and 1UCL and 1europa abi.

Now McKenna may fail or may succeed but who are you to call it a mistake already, a seer or what. Calm down.

For now McKenna has a high win percentage with an average club among the championship that's my point. I had to read and listen to those who know Ipswich town FC, to understand why McKenna is rated for the work he did there.

Managers who were good footballers have a certain advantage in managerial market, but for some, like Sarri, it's their work that speaks for them.

It's not like McKenna is new to English football self

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 2:18pm On May 23
Izzou and WhodeyHouse. You people should better act fast before you miss out on Ikemefuna

(1) (2) (3) ... (19279) (19280) (19281) (19282) (19283) (19284) (19285) ... (19401) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agadinaagwuofe, DammyOlu123(m), Obere4u and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.