Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,165 members, 7,860,178 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10724826 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) (12907) ... (19388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

I think it's best I don't respond so that you don't get more emotional along the line. When it comes to jorginho, you've lost all Sense of rationale. You have become irascible once you see or hear his name.
You cannot be taking a different stance from professionals, some of whom went to university to study football: encompassing the tactical systems, psychology, physiology etc.
These people are experts in their Fields, they live and breathe football and they have a very high commendation and analysis of this player. I defer to these experts on their opinion of this footballer, but of course, an accountant who sits on his sofa to watch football on TV would be arrogant enough to think he knows all it takes to decode a player counter to what the experts have said.

As I said, no need for further argy-bargy between us on this issue lest it gets further frenzied.

Don't play the victim card.
You started this subtle jabs.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Don't play the victim card.
You started this subtle jabs.

Sense is very farrr from this one. Shift make I see road. Go learn how to read.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Lost my mother 2 weeks ago, soon be back. Thanks bro.
Hope she is old enough

But in all, accept my condolence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

Sense is very farrr from this one. Shift make I see road. Go learn how to read.

You just exhibited the same trait you complained of. As for me, i don't respond to banalities once i air my opinion grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

You always type without adding anything of substance, no understanding of midfield work or tactical insight, just repeating platitudes and falsehoods about Jorginho being a good playmaker when stats show otherwise, pointing at what people said about him, and constantly repeating falsehoods. How is Jorginho crucial to 3 successful systems? Jorginho was the weakness of Sarri and Lampard systems who has never been successful until Tuchel found a way to mollycuddle and cover his weaknesses with community defending while simultaneously scrapping his high possession style of football.

It is better you leave defence of Jorginho to those who know what they are talking about like User09 who can at least point out his strengths (which I highlighted). Your defences of him are nothing but empty chest beating with no tactical or technical insight. Your head is vacant.

I laughed my ass out when you were painting that fake picture of you not being biased towards a player. You have taken Jorginho's case too personal. You bad mouth everything he does, even if it is totally unconnected to Chelsea.

An unbiased mind that blames only one player for his team's losses and always the least to be thanked when his team wins.

Being biased is amplifying Jorginho's limited press resistance which you know is because of his lack of upper body strength as the cause of our losses, while crediting Kante and Donarunma for his success.

You were pained against Watford that Saul made you see how good Jorginho is... But as an unrelenting biased hypocrite, you quickly consoled your with: "Jorginho is good if his replacement is Saul".

Mendy gave a silly pass against united but our defence reacted swiftly to rescue the situation. Jorginho gave a bad pass to him yesterday and he decided to use that opportunity to test his dribbling skill.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
dostr4:
In as much as i want to make a case for the injuries, we ain't the only team suffering from injuries nd fatigue, city has lost kevin,foden,laporte, torres , gundogan at some point this season and still rake up points, its just a lost but the manner of dropping points its what's alarming.. players go for international break and come back and continue..like i expected TT to rotate a bit , i thought Kepa should have had maybe have game to his belts, same with sarr, then today i saw rlc wasnt offereing anything going foward, why not drop jorginho and put in Barkley, it was obvious westham will play long balls and then contest for the second balls , i saw bowen run rings on rudiger.. we lost so much second balls and the players are loosing steam without the subs being at the levels raised so far , we will likely struggle...

This was also my thought but someone said I am emotional while another said tuchel has 95% win rate so we should sit and watch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by osamz007: 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Profound condolences brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
swiz123:

I laughed my ass out when you were painting that fake picture of you not being biased towards a player. You have taken Jorginho's case too personal. You bad mouth everything he does, even if it is totally unconnected to Chelsea.

An unbiased mind that blames only one player for his team's losses and always the least to be thanked when his team wins.

Being biased is amplifying Jorginho's limited press resistance which you know is because of his lack of upper body strength as the cause of our losses, while crediting Kante and Donarunma for his success.

You were pained against Watford that Saul made you see how good Jorginho is... But as an unrelenting biased hypocrite, you quickly consoled your with: "Jorginho is good if his replacement is Saul".

Mendy gave a silly pass against united but our defence reacted swiftly to rescue the situation. Jorginho gave a bad pass to him yesterday and he decided to use that opportunity to test his dribbling skill.

And those shouting about Jorginho because of the favourable juxtaposition with Saul who is not even a footballer at this stage, what did they say within 30 minutes of the next game?

I'm glad you have admitted he has limited press resistance. At least you have some cognizanse of the facts unlike someone who has nothing to offer but parroting quotes from people.

Well you just highlighted why I am biased against Jorginho in the bolded. I am biased because of lack of two qualities I consider non-negotiable in a DM. I can abide not having one of the qualities, I cannot abide not having both in the same DM

(1.) No press resistance
(2.) No pace to bring the team up to playing on the halfway line consistently without real danger of counterattack

It is not personal. If he developed one of these two qualities, all my criticism goes away. Lack of these two qualities in a DM turns any team into a cautious one. Fabinho is not very press resistant but his pace alone has turned Liverpool into the most attacking team in the Prem by ensuring they can keep highline consistently. Rodri lacks pace to stop counterattack but his mastery of press resistance ensures teams don't get the ball much to counterattack. To win comfortably and consistently in this era to claim a league title, you must have a DM robust enough to allow you to make games easy, rather than grinding out results by playing cautiously to protect his weaknesses

I have been consistent with these two requirements for a DM over 10 years on this forum, and over Jorginhos 4 year stay, so you should not be surprised that I am biased if you lack these qualities.

Many cancer patients die of flu after their immune system has been weakened to zero by the cancer. Instead of blaming the flu for the death, it is better to blame the 25 years of smoking that led to the cancer. So yes, I am within my rights to blame Jorginho for losses if his weaknesses did not make Chelsea dominant in the game to make the game easy. Even if he did not directly cause any goal or miss any chances. However he did in the last two games. Highlighting that is just food for lazy man who can't see how his 25 years of smoking (not being able to break the press or put Chelsea in an attacking shape due to his lack of pace) has cost Chelsea the game over 90 minutes.

BTW, you do not need strength to be press resistant. You need reliability of technique. Ask Xavi

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:
Of course as expected, the haters would come out with claws and fangs bared out ready to attack because his foe has made 2 high profile mistakes, eradicating every single positive stability he has brought the team. Maybe Mendy haters would also come out as this point too to point at how they always suspected he was a below average keeper.

Let's pretend we did not hear tuchel say jorginho has been playing with pain the last few matches.
Let's pretend that even the best players do not go through a rough patch every once in a while,case in point kane, Messi, Pogba etc.
Of course, haters of players would always wish these players fail even if it's to the detriment of their teams.

Well jorginho has already proven a thousand times what he could do. He can only continue to do his talking on the pitch.
What he can do has never been in doubt to those who do master the game.
A reminder of what the best in the game have to say about this player.

Agreed, he hates jorginho but loves Chelsea but you on the other hand, hates Chelsea but love jorginho cause, there is no other explanation for you always siding with a player that does nothing order than taking us backward 10x and taking us forward once. Although, joginho has improved certain aspects of his game play ever since the arrival of Tuchel but still hasn't master the art of being a proper midfield anchor which is costing us big time and most especially in big games. And pls stop this false equivalent of comparing apples with oranges, jorginho doesn't have the influence of the players you mentioned above that we can easily forgive him for this costly errors. For someone who doesn't score nor assists, his errors aren't pardonable.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

Make no mistake, guardiola did not only praise him, guardiola went all out to get him. He was close to signing until Sarri stepped in. Don't make it look like it was just one of those professional courtesy things.
You are now obsessed with this player. Desperate to capitalize on any mistake he makes as if there is any player on the planet who will never make mistakes or who will forever deliver 10 out of 10 performances every day.

Jorginho is an excellent midfielder. The world of football knows this. You really do enjoy fighting a losing battle. Don't you? grin grin

Take it from a big pep guardiola fan like me, the gaffer doesn't know how to sign players, it is always trial and error from pep when it comes to signing of players. Pep guardiola way see hazard for Chelsea go dey sign mahrez is what you want to make point about his signings ? grin grin grin really funny.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
popizaino:

[s] Take it from a big pep guardiola fan like me, the gaffer doesn't know how to sign players, it is always trial and error from pep when it comes to signing of players. Pep guardiola way see hazard for Chelsea go dey sign mahrez is what you want to make point about his signings ? grin grin grin really funny. [/s]
Trash

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I agree with your Jorginho sentiments.
But I'm curious, do yo think Fabinho is a decent DM?

He is a fantastic DM, your midfield is a joy to watch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
donjazet:

@anfieldfan, the bolded are the 2 biggest misconceptions you have allowed jorginho critics to fill your head with. That is simply not true.

As to your 1st point, when coaches double up on a player, it's not only because they sense weakness per say in the player, it's actually the opposite many at times. It is usually because they sense the player as the biggest threat to their team. Naturally, with jorginho being the fulcrum of our structure, it makes sense for teams to target him to create that disconnect between the attack and defence and interrupt the transitions.
But what you can never say is that jorginho panicks when pressed because we have seen jorginho beat the press successfully numerous times. It is on that basis we usually have far more possession and stability in our game. Rarely are we the ones pressured.
Don't let his staunchly biased critics cloud your judgement on this player.
Funny enough, I'm not even jorginho's biggest fan. Rarely do I ever fan players. I'm just backed into a corner to constantly defend this often misunderstood player. His type of players are usually wrongfully scapegoated because people can't "see" their influence. All they're seeing is short passes not knowing that he's superbly beating or bypassing a press.

And just like defenders, it's very easy to scapegoat him. A defender might have a very high performance in a match, winning duels, clearances,intercepting balls or tackling but all these things are thrown out the window immediately he makes "that" high profile error. This is what jorginho has to suffer. One or two errors wipe away all the positive contributions made. It's football.

grin grin grin grin grin

Tbh, you are joke.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

This is sad to hear.

My deepest condolence bro. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

You always type without adding anything of substance, no understanding of midfield work or tactical insight, just repeating platitudes and falsehoods about Jorginho being a good playmaker when stats show otherwise, pointing at what people said about him, and constantly repeating falsehoods. How is Jorginho crucial to 3 successful systems? Jorginho was the weakness of Sarri and Lampard systems who has never been successful until Tuchel found a way to mollycuddle and cover his weaknesses with community defending while simultaneously scrapping his high possession style of football.

It is better you leave defence of Jorginho to those who know what they are talking about like User09 who can at least point out his strengths (which I highlighted). Your defences of him are nothing but empty chest beating with no tactical or technical insight. Your head is vacant.
Ibime had to do it.

On a Sunday for that matter. grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
We freaking spent 100million for an elephant who does nothing. Marina Granovskaia is Mad. That bitch signs player like an amateur.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Trevor012:

Trash

Keep crying .

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

My condolences boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Beorn: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Capaldi:
We freaking spent 100million for an elephant who does nothing. Marina Granovskaia is Mad. That bitch signs player like an amateur.

The same Marina that has been hailed as the second coming of Holy Mary on this thread?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by michigang: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
I too know plenty 4 dis thread. Nawa oh

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
popizaino:

He is a fantastic DM, your midfield is a joy to watch.

Yea, he's one of the best in the league...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is not the best time to have Kante and Kovacic injured, especially now that we have to rotate every week. We have to stick with RLC and Jorginho throughout December. Thankfully we don't have to play against teams we cannot beat on a normal day but the boys have to roll up their socks now. A midfield combo of RLC and anyone is trash as we have seen over the last couple of games, no protection whatsoever for the defence and no support for the attack.

This is where Saul should have taken his chances but that one is mad at the moment. We can only pray that Kante or Kovacic get back on time. I felt Chalobah did well in the midfield until he got injured too. Injury has messed up our December cry cry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gallagher has made so many vital interventions in his box.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
michigang:
I too know plenty 4 dis thread. Nawa oh
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ampadu's Venezia have to be a very poor team. They bottled a 3 goal lead to lose 4--3 at home.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

My condolences. May her soul rest in peace

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

My condolences.

May God grant her eternal rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
popizaino:

Take it from a big pep guardiola fan like me, the gaffer doesn't know how to sign players, it is always trial and error from pep when it comes to signing of players. Pep guardiola way see hazard for Chelsea go dey sign mahrez is what you want to make point about his signings ? grin grin grin really funny.

We have seen how Hazard and Mahrez turned out in the last 3 seasons
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Capaldi:

Maybe she don dey wear pant go negotiate
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sorry about your loss Airmark. May the dead rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
pamcode:
Ampadu's Venezia have to be a very poor team. They bottled a 3 goal lead to lose 4--3 at home.

Chai...Ethan Ampadu

Where did it go wrong embarassed

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Capaldi:
You people were hailing Lukaku when he was scoring out of nothing at the beginning of the season. When he picks form again, you will hop on the bandwagon. Humans cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) (12907) ... (19388) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bill8012(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.