Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,846 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10682094 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) (12907) (12908) ... (19344) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sorry for your loss

Airmark.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

And those shouting about Jorginho because of the favourable juxtaposition with Saul who is not even a footballer at this stage, what did they say within 30 minutes of the next game?

I'm glad you have admitted he has limited press resistance. At least you have some cognizanse of the facts unlike someone who has nothing to offer but parroting quotes from people.

Well you just highlighted why I am biased against Jorginho in the bolded. I am biased because of lack of two qualities I consider non-negotiable in a DM. I can abide not having one of the qualities, I cannot abide not having both in the same DM

(1.) No press resistance
(2.) No pace to bring the team up to playing on the halfway line consistently without real danger of counterattack

It is not personal. If he developed one of these two qualities, all my criticism goes away. Lack of these two qualities in a DM turns any team into a cautious one. Fabinho is not very press resistant but his pace alone has turned Liverpool into the most attacking team in the Prem by ensuring they can keep highline consistently. Rodri lacks pace to stop counterattack but his mastery of press resistance ensures teams don't get the ball much to counterattack. To win comfortably and consistently in this era to claim a league title, you must have a DM robust enough to allow you to make games easy, rather than grinding out results by playing cautiously to protect his weaknesses

I have been consistent with these two requirements for a DM over 10 years on this forum, and over Jorginhos 4 year stay, so you should not be surprised that I am biased if you lack these qualities.

Many cancer patients die of flu after their immune system has been weakened to zero by the cancer. Instead of blaming the flu for the death, it is better to blame the 25 years of smoking that led to the cancer. So yes, I am within my rights to blame Jorginho for losses if his weaknesses did not make Chelsea dominant in the game to make the game easy. Even if he did not directly cause any goal or miss any chances. However he did in the last two games. Highlighting that is just food for lazy man who can't see how his 25 years of smoking (not being able to break the press or put Chelsea in an attacking shape due to his lack of pace) has cost Chelsea the game over 90 minutes.

BTW, you do not need strength to be press resistant. You need reliability of technique. Ask Xavi

On the contrary, you're wrong. Fabinho is probably the slowest Liverpool player alongside Matip, but what they lack in pace, they more than make up for in technical awareness....
Don't know why you keep saying he's fast...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
BlueMann:

Chai...Ethan Ampadu

Where did it go wrong embarassed

Very wrong loan move by him. It was a last minute panic on transfer deadline day to find somewhere to play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Lost my mother 2 weeks ago, soon be back. Thanks bro.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Stay strong!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

On the contrary, you're wrong. Fabinho is probably the slowest Liverpool player alongside Matip, but what they lack in pace, they more than make up for in technical awareness....

No Liverpool players are slow, except Thiago.

Fabinho was a right back and fast enough. He is not blistering but faster than most CMs, you must be comparing him to your flying wingers. CMs are the slowest on the pitch and Fabinho is one of the faster CMs. He is the guy who steps into fullback positions without missing a beat when Trent and Robbo fly forward.

Let me show you the comparison between Fabinho and a snail DM

Fabinho chasing and stoping winger on counterattack:

https://youtube.com/shorts/FPMHDaFAXMQ?feature=share

Jorginho busting his lung out to run his fastest and being overtaken by referee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ECm1asdgLM

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

And those shouting about Jorginho because of the favourable juxtaposition with Saul who is not even a footballer at this stage, what did they say within 30 minutes of the next game?

I'm glad you have admitted he has limited press resistance. At least you have some cognizanse of the facts unlike someone who has nothing to offer but parroting quotes from people.

Well you just highlighted why I am biased against Jorginho in the bolded. I am biased because of lack of two qualities I consider non-negotiable in a DM. I can abide not having one of the qualities, I cannot abide not having both in the same DM

(1.) No press resistance
(2.) No pace to bring the team up to playing on the halfway line consistently without real danger of counterattack

It is not personal. If he developed one of these two qualities, all my criticism goes away. Lack of these two qualities in a DM turns any team into a cautious one. Fabinho is not very press resistant but his pace alone has turned Liverpool into the most attacking team in the Prem by ensuring they can keep highline consistently. Rodri lacks pace to stop counterattack but his mastery of press resistance ensures teams don't get the ball much to counterattack. To win comfortably and consistently in this era to claim a league title, you must have a DM robust enough to allow you to make games easy, rather than grinding out results by playing cautiously to protect his weaknesses

I have been consistent with these two requirements for a DM over 10 years on this forum, and over Jorginhos 4 year stay, so you should not be surprised that I am biased if you lack these qualities.

Many cancer patients die of flu after their immune system has been weakened to zero by the cancer. Instead of blaming the flu for the death, it is better to blame the 25 years of smoking that led to the cancer. So yes, I am within my rights to blame Jorginho for losses if his weaknesses did not make Chelsea dominant in the game to make the game easy. Even if he did not directly cause any goal or miss any chances. However he did in the last two games. Highlighting that is just food for lazy man who can't see how his 25 years of smoking (not being able to break the press or put Chelsea in an attacking shape due to his lack of pace) has cost Chelsea the game over 90 minutes.

BTW, you do not need strength to be press resistant. You need reliability of technique. Ask Xavi
Fab's heat map last season together with his passing Sonar...This is in correction to you erroneously claiming he's not very press resistant....
To survive in Liverpool's highline, 1)being press resistant is needed..
2) Being able to intercept up the pitch (opponents half) is vital
3) Comfortable with the ball to feet...

Note- Rodri has played over 200 more minutes than Fab this Season...

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
BikeMan:
You people were hailing Lukaku when he was scoring out of nothing at the beginning of the season. When he picks form again, you will hop on the bandwagon. Humans cheesy
I have never ever hailed or recognized Lukaku. It can never happen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

Fabinho was a right back and fast enough. He is not blistering but faster than most CMs, you must be comparing him to your flying wingers. CMs are the slowest on the pitch and Fabinho is one of the faster CMs. He is the guy who steps into fullback positions without missing a beat when Trent and Robbo fly forward.

Jorginho busting his lung out to run his fastest and being overtaken by referee:

He was gonna be beat, his technical awareness made him know how to slide perfectly...Fab is mostly up the pitch intercepting ...The person most charged with covering for Trent is Hendo..
I can as well find a vid of Jorg doing well pace wise but that's You tube, meant to cherry pick...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Fab's heat map last season together with his passing Sonar...This is in correction to you erroneously claiming he's not very press resistant....
To survive in Liverpool's highline, 1)being press resistant is needed..
2) Being able to intercept up the pitch (opponents half) is vital
3) Comfortable with the ball to feet...

Note- Rodri has played over 200 more minutes than Fab this Season...

Fabinho is safe with the ball, I'm comfortable with him. He just looks slow to turn but then he doesn't put the team in danger receiving the ball, although he avoids receiving it many times if things are hot
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Beorn:

The same Marina that has been hailed as the second coming of Holy Mary on this thread?
How many signings has she made that didn't disappoint one way or another.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

Fabinho is safe with the ball, I'm comfortable with him. He just looks slow to turn but then he doesn't put the team in danger receiving the ball, although he avoids receiving it many times if things are hot
Don't let his lethargic look deceive you, man pings passes forward without a care... Someone creating more chances than half of the City team is not something to sneeze at..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Capaldi:

How many signings has she made that didn't disappoint one way or another.

I'm curious, didn't she win best football director or something!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

He was gonna be beat, his technical awareness made him know how to slide perfectly...Fab is mostly up the pitch intercepting ...The person most charged with covering for Trent is Hendo..
I can as well find a vid of Jorg doing well pace wise but that's You tube, meant to cherry pick...

Sliding ain't really technical awareness, every footballer should know how to slide, it's all part of the armoury to stop counters. That's Adam Armstrong he's chasing there, who's a speed demon

This is Jorginho busting his gut, head down, driving forward to stop a counterattack. You can't find anything to make Jorginho quick

Here's some comparisons for you. On an average day, Fabinho should have the speed to stop Hudson Odoi, and if not, get close enough to stretch and play the ball out

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Don't let his lethargic look deceive you, man pings passes forward without a care... Someone creating more chances than half of the City team is not something to sneeze at..

Pinging forward passes is not the same as press resistance

Fabregas is the best at pinging forward passes but giving him a ball with a man on his back could spell danger, that's why he could not replace Xavi. That specific skill is the ability to do a half-turn. Fabinho turns slowly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

I was wondering how Fabinho can be categorized as a fast midfielder
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

Pinging forward passes is not the same as press resistance

Fabregas is the best at pinging forward passes but giving him a ball with a man on his back could spell danger, that's why he could not replace Xavi. That specific skill is the ability to do a half-turn. Fabinho turns slowly

Fabinho constantly receives the ball with 3 men on him, shaking off those men means beating the press..That's why Liverpool can afford to attack so high up the pitch,he takes two players out, pings a forward pass...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

The youtube you posted here shows Fabinho getting beat for pace until he slid the player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
raumdeuter:

The youtube you posted here shows Fabinho getting beat for pace until he slid the player

Let any CM chase Adam Armstrong, let's see how far. He kept up enough to do his job on one of the fastest players around.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

Sliding ain't really technical awareness, every footballer should know how to slide, it's all part of the armoury to stop counters

This is Jorginho busting his gut, head down, driving forward to stop a counterattack. You can't find anything to make Jorginho quick

Here's some comparisons for you. On an average day, Fabinho should have the speed to stop Hudson Odoi, and if not, get close enough to stretch and play the ball out

Thiago slides every other day but always gets a foul for his efforts grin grin grin Ramdeuter can confirm this as a Bayern fan..

Knowing how and when to slide without committing a foul is a form of art...
That's the key, enough pace to make use of his long legs in poking the ball away...
Never as a fast recoverer when it means coming from up the pitch..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

Let any CM chase Adam Armstrong, let's see how far. He kept up enough to do his job on one of the fastest players around.

Chasing is the wrong word, Fabinho is technically astute enough to not let a player have a few yards on him...He was with him then got beat...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Chasing is the wrong word, Fabinho is technically astute enough to not let a player have a few yards on him...He was with him then got beat...

He only even slowed down to time the slide cos he was keeping up with him for the first 20 yards

Jorginho would be 10 yards behind by the time Fabinho made that tackle
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
English referees are the worst, my goodness!

Schmeichel did not have control of the ball when Ramsey knocked it into the net. Villa should feel livid..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oXZ_IvBlrE

Fab was in front initially, got beat and had to slide ...
Notice how he spins away from his marker with a tidy piece of skill...
Here's the full video for those interested..

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

He only even slowed down to time the slide cos he was keeping up with him for the first 20 yards

Jorginho would be 10 yards behind by the time Fabinho made that tackle

As I just showed you, he wasn't keeping up, he was beat fair and square despite having a headstart...But man's just too good evidenced by his recovery...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oXZ_IvBlrE

Fab was in front initially, got beat and had to slide ...
Notice how he spins away from his marker with a tidy piece of skill...
Here's the full video for those interested..

If Fabinho can stop the fastest Premier League player this season in 40 yards of space, he can stop 95% of counterattacks, simple. Let Rodri or Jorginho try that, it will turn to Tom and Jerry cartoon

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

If Fabinho can catch the fastest Premier League player this season in 40 yards of space, he can stop 95% of counterattacks, simple. Let Rodri or Jorginho try that, it will turn to Tom and Jerry cartoon
Bro, I don't think you watched the video...
He didn't catch, he was in front, got caught, overtaken and then performed a wonderful one time tackle...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Sorry for your loss Sir, may God give you and your family the fortitude to bear the loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Bro, I don't think you watched the video...
He didn't catch, he was in front, got caught, overtaken and then performed a wonderful one time tackle...

I watched the video well enough. I chose that video because of the speed of his opponent to show you how he can keep up with the fastest man in the Prem.

Here is the start of the race at the edge of the box. By the time they reach the centre circle, he's maintained a reasonable distance

By the end of the video, Fabinho is slowing down to time his leap into the slide which is why Armstrong pulled ahead.

Come on man. Give him kudos. From edge of box to centre circle, he has kept up with the EPL fastest player. Let Jorginho or Rodri try that.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ibime:

I watched the video well enough. I chose that video because of the speed of his opponent to show you how he can keep up with the fastest man in the Prem.

Here is the start of the race at the edge of the box. By the time they reach the centre circle, he's maintained a reasonable distance

By the end of the video, Fabinho is slowing down to time his leap into the slide which is why Armstrong pulled ahead.

Come on man. Give him kudos. From edge of box to centre circle, he has kept up with the EPL fastest player. Let Jorginho or Rodri try that.

Fab is my favourite Liverpool player alongside Trent and Big Virg, but what I'm disputing is you saying he caught up with Armstrong when it's clearly the other way round...He didn't keep up, he had a few yards on Armstrong, got beat and then did a wonderful tackle while smiling like the boss he is....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mrphilia: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
airmark:

Sorry for your loss Boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Off to watch formula 1, who do you guys reckon takes it..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Fab is my favourite Liverpool player alongside Trent and Big Virg, but what I'm disputing is you saying he caught up with Armstrong when it's clearly the other way round...He didn't keep up, he had a few yards on Armstrong, got beat and then did a wonderful tackle while smiling like the boss he is....

By catch obviously I mean the ball. Watch the video again. Armstrong only pulls ahead at the last millisecond when Fab is slowing down to time his jump. Before you jump into a slide, you lose some momentum. He did not necessarily have to do the slide to stop the counter but it's safer than putting his body Infront of Armstrong to collect the ball as Armstrong could just bump him with shoulder and win the ball.

Show me any DM that can stop the fastest EPL player in that amount of space and I'll show you why Klopp trusts his team to play such a highline with such a DM. Baba is fast enough, simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) (12907) (12908) ... (19344) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kamelot77(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.