Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,021 members, 7,852,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10701396 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12904) (12905) (12906) (12907) (12908) (12909) (12910) ... (19359) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Strugglingman: 10:56am On Dec 06, 2021
dostr4:

we dont have a striker angry angry in the mens with that technique unless u include havertz
timo werner on a good day

He scored some superb goal wen he arrived newly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2021
Ibunkun1:

Bad luck, bad first touch join cry

Abeg make we recall Broja and Gallagher for January make injury no spoil our blues finish

I don't think we'll recall any of them in January. But if they continue in the form they've been in all season, I see them getting opportunities to break into the first team. Broja is a must for me, if we don't sign any striker.

If we must recall any player(s) urgently, it will be either Gilmour or Maatsen/Emerson, cos we're thin in those positions. At least the attack is still stacked.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Strugglingman: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2021
Ibunkun1:
If Tottenham win their next game they'll jump to 4th on the table, na wa cheesy
tottenham been fourth shouldnt bother u sir
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Strugglingman: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2021
onyemaair:
Hazard available for only 21million. Chai, this one na grace to grass stuff. cheesy
yea...real grace to grass

Is there hope for him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2021
I see the fanbase has suddenly lost faith in Lukaku but he was scoring goals for us when he was fit. He wasn't my preferred signing back then but he's a lethal striker, he will come good when he's fit again. I back him to continue starting our games and prove naysayers wrong again.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:40am On Dec 06, 2021
A coincidence or what?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2021
popizaino:
A coincidence or what?
Unpopular opinion: This is the most important midfielder in our team. We saw that in the UCL last season. A pain that he's been unfit so far.

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2021
BikeMan:
I see the fanbase has suddenly lost faith in Lukaku but he was scoring goals for us when he was fit. He wasn't my preferred signing back then but he's a lethal striker, he will come good when he's fit again. I back him to continue starting our games and prove naysayers wrong again.

I think his problem is lack of adequate service, our midfielder including his supporting cast upfront are all risk aversive.They don't supply him with the right passes at the right moment. The only release the pass when the opponent defence have regroup themselves and expect him to charge through an score. When we work on this maybe he would start scoring again.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
BikeMan:
Unpopular opinion: This is the most important midfielder in our team. We saw that in the UCL last season. A pain that he's been unfit so far.

Don't let Havertz.10 and his gangs hear you.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
Strugglingman:
tottenham been fourth shouldnt bother u sir

I'm not bothered. At least not until we meet them again

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
BlueMann:

I don't think we'll recall any of them in January. But if they continue in the form they've been in all season, I see them getting opportunities to break into the first team. Broja is a must for me, if we don't sign any striker.

If we must recall any player(s) urgently, it will be either Gilmour or Maatsen/Emerson, cos we're thin in those positions. At least the attack is still stacked.

I've not watched Norwich like but I don't think Billy has made any improvement, As for Maatsen I've not seen him. For Emerson that'll be a reasonable thing to do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
popizaino:

I think his problem is lack of adequate service, our midfielder including his supporting cast upfront are all risk aversive.They don't supply him with the right passes at the right moment. The only release the pass when the opponent defence have regroup themselves and expect him to charge through an score. When we work on this maybe he would start scoring again.

i think we will do well if lukaku drops inbtw the lines sometimes, instead of just being just stationed as the focal point, because teams will just mark u out or stop balls from getting to u..but our major issue is the team is suffering from fatigue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ibunkun1:

I've not watched Norwich like but I don't think Billy has made any improvement, As for Maatsen I've not seen him. For Emerson that'll be a reasonable thing to do.

Yup, I too haven't followed Norwich like that but Gilmour's loan hasn't worked out like I envisioned. I was hoping he would be making waves by now, just like Gallagher and Broja are doing. Started well but his former coach didn't seem to fancy him, I remember people on this board were complaining about him being relegated to the bench despite the lack of quality in the Norwich midfield. To think that I was excited about this loan move cos I wanted to see him as a regular starter in an attacking footie system.

I don't know, but I also get the impression that Norwich fans don't really rate him like that. I remember seeing posts on twitter one day, Chelsea fans were berating Norwich supporters for their constant criticisms of Gilmour, even though he won the MOTM award in a just concluded match. I will need to watch him under this new manager, I don't know if Dean Smith rates him.

Abeg if they don't want they should return our property. We all know of his quality and potential; to win MOTM in your PL, UCL and FA Cup debuts no be beans.

Maatsen is doing very well at Coventry, but I agree Emerson would be the most reasonable call.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
dostr4:

i think we will do well if lukaku drops inbtw the lines sometimes, instead of just being just stationed as the focal point, because teams will just mark u out or stop balls from getting to u..but our major issue is the team is suffering from fatigue
Its not fatigue but injury. Liverpool almost start same eleven on every match day. If there is anything Tuchel has being good at rotating the players so far. Next season we have to strengthen the team in this area; a quality winger like Chiesa, Tchouameni or rice and then a CB. Lukaku is not Tuchel type of player, this is why he could not use Giroud further last season, a swap with Tottenham for Kane will not be bad or get Lewandowski and then sell Werner.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
popizaino:
A coincidence or what?
Kante’s signing is one of the reasons I’m loyal to Conte.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
hensben:
Its not fatigue but injury. Liverpool almost start same eleven on every match day. If there is anything Tuchel has being good at rotating the players so far. Next season we have to strengthen the team in this area; a quality winger like Chiesa, Tchouameni or rice and then a CB. Lukaku is not Tuchel type of player, this is why he could not use Giroud further last season, a swap with Tottenham for Kane will not be bad or get Lewandowski and then sell Werner.
klopp same eleven? i have seen ox ,konate, minamino, tsimikas even milner a bit etc since the last break play, but ours its injury , what causes injury nd mistakes then? some players are just suffering burn-out atm especially the defence & midfield ..hoping he rotates in the ucl.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
donstan18:

Kante’s signing is one of the reasons I’m loyal to Conte.

The club could have gotten Kante with or without Conte.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
popizaino:

You're right about that. We don't have a midfielder interested in assists or good at providing assists. Lukaku would have benefitted from Fabregas or even Hazard.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
popizaino:

The club could have gotten Kante with or without Conte.
But Conte went for him.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Think4Yourself: 5:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
BikeMan:
But Conte went for him.
And the club signed him undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by postdigger(m): 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
Transactions they go on from inter Milan to Chelsea you dey ask for screenshot?

Make una bring deals abeg

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2021
dostr4:

klopp same eleven? i have seen ox ,konate, minamino, tsimikas even milner a bit etc since the last break play, but ours its injury , what causes injury nd mistakes then? some players are just suffering burn-out atm especially the defence & midfield ..hoping he rotates in the ucl.
Aside Chalobah the defense are not even getting injured like the attack. Salah, mane, VVD, Arnold, Henderson play almost every game for liverpool. Tuchel do rotate the team it’s just that injury happened.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Actman05: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hungary boss Marco Rossi on Chelsea target Attila Szalai:

"It’s hard to name just one player, but right now I see very well Attila Szalai, who plays for Fenerbache, but I think he is joining Chelsea."

"Clearly, he has been followed by important clubs in Spain, but apparently his move to Chelsea is a done deal. It would be a great player also for Italian football."

[ via Football Italia ]

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
He's back, bitches!!! cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
airmark:

Lost my mother 2 weeks ago, soon be back. Thanks bro.
May her gentle soul rest eternally in Heaven, my deepest condolence chief....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by rooftops: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
BlueMann:
He's back, bitches!!! cheesy
...bluenmann I no believe I go happy say kovacic dey come back from injury. Tired of seeing loftus cheek in that line up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
popizaino:
A coincidence or what?

The real MVP
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
BikeMan:

Nothing unpopular about that opinion. Only an meth smoker will give credit elsewhere

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
BlueMann:

Yup, I too haven't followed Norwich like that but Gilmour's loan hasn't worked out like I envisioned. I was hoping he would be making waves by now, just like Gallagher and Broja are doing. Started well but his former coach didn't seem to fancy him, I remember people on this board were complaining about him being relegated to the bench despite the lack of quality in the Norwich midfield. To think that I was excited about this loan move cos I wanted to see him as a regular starter in an attacking footie system.

I don't know, but I also get the impression that Norwich fans don't really rate him like that. I remember seeing posts on twitter one day, Chelsea fans were berating Norwich supporters for their constant criticisms of Gilmour, even though he won the MOTM award in a just concluded match. I will need to watch him under this new manager, I don't know if Dean Smith rates him.

Abeg if they don't want they should return our property. We all know of his quality and potential; to win MOTM in your PL, UCL and FA Cup debuts no be beans.

Maatsen is doing very well at Coventry, but I agree Emerson would be the most reasonable call.

Gilmour was never going to work at Norwich. Their midfield is too porous physically and Gilmour also has physical deficiencies to add to the mix. It's like dropping Gilmour in Barca current midfield that has no legs. Another Gilmour won't improve a Barca midfield that have strollers like Busquet and DeJong already in the team, it will only highlight his weakness further. What will improve such midfield is an energy player.

Emerson and Gilmour should have loan fees that will make a recall restrictive. Ampadu should be the one recalled for DM depth as his loan was a last minute rush and ill suited.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
Think4Yourself:

And the club signed him undecided

If not for Conte, the club have made permanent space for Mikel to always be part of the midfield options and sub for Matic. Emenalo always kept a seat warm for his Igbo brother. Conte was the one who forced the transfer.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ibime:

If not for Conte, the club have made permanent space for Mikel to always be part of the midfield options and sub for Matic. Emenalo always kept a seat warm for his Igbo brother. Conte was the one who forced the transfer.
Which led Baba to go for the same price tag xhaka
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
Why are spurs fans clamoring for Hojberg to be captain, seems disrespectful to Lloris and Kane

(1) (2) (3) ... (12904) (12905) (12906) (12907) (12908) (12909) (12910) ... (19359) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho, EmmanuelScott1(m), Silentgroper(m), mirinder, AirBay and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.