Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,051 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10562158 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13254) (13255) (13256) (13257) (13258) (13259) (13260) ... (19193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
raumdeuter:

You dared Pep to come and prove himself in EPL and that's what he's doing proving himself in epl
After overhauling a team pelligrini used in reaching ucl semi final. Klopp and tuchel won continental trophies already with less spending. Genius my A.ss.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
Messi and Ronaldo na Wingbacks abi?

Wonderful grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2022
OJURONGBE1:
How on earth do you win Best goalie and not be included in FIFPRO? cry

Is this not witchcraft?

This!!

Like, I don't understand...if you're named the best goalie in the world, shouldn't you also be the first choice in the best XI?

I might be mistaken, but I think it happened in 2018...I think Courtois won best GK, and someone else was in the FIFPro...or maybe it was the other way round.

It makes no sense to me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
Fifa the Best Top 10 Ranking

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mendy won by ojoro cheesy wink

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
BlueMann:

This!!

Like, I don't understand...if you're named the best goalie in the world, shouldn't you also be the first choice in the best XI?

I might be mistaken, but I think it happened in 2018...I think Courtois won best GK, and someone else was in the FIFPro...or maybe it was the other way round.

It makes no sense to me.
Two different voting categories. The best eleven is voted by professional players only.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
I think the reason for the goalkeeper conundrum is because the FifPro XI is voted for by professional players across the globe while the best goalkeeper award is voted for by national team captains and coaches, with additional votes from journalists and fans. So, they are basically two different things. You can win the best GK award and still not make the FifProXI. I do agree that the whole thing is a bit unsettling but it is what it is grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
Trevor012:

Two different voting categories. The best eleven is voted by professional players only.

No wonder...I thought as much cos it wasn't making sense.

Thanks
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2022
hensben:
After overhauling a team pelligrini used in reaching ucl semi final. Klopp and tuchel won continental trophies already with less spending. Genius my A.ss.

The season before Pep joined the EPL, Chelsea first 11 was Courtouis Terry Ivanovic Cahill Azpi Matic Fabregas Oscar Willian Hazard Costa

How many of them still dey with your team? Or Chelsea is allowed to overhaul their team but Man City is not allowed?

That is why you guys are hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
OJURONGBE1:

Werner, Ziyech, Pulisic ( we are not going to wait forever to see him stay on his feet and start churning quality performances week in week out).
Barkley, Loftus-cheek, Christensen, Kepa ( we cannot afford to keep a £70 million on the bench.
I meant players Tuchel will want at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
donjazet:
Ibime, The quality of our squad is not much different from that of Liverpool and mancity.
Our major problems are our misfiring attackers and unavailability of key players for large periods of time which in turn leads to a lack of cohesion among the playing team.

Our substitute bench is one of the strongest.
James has developed into one of the best right back and right wing back, likewise chillwell. Alonso and azpi normally should be one of the best substitutes for this position.
Thiago Silva and rudiger are world class defenders with azpi, Christensen and chalobah proving to be also be very good center backs.
We have the one the best midfield pairing in football right now in kante, jorginho and kovacic with able deputies in RLC and Barkley.

Our failing attack is where there is much concern.
Lukaku is a very good striker, maybe a system player but his attacking records are no fluke. This guy has more than 400 goals and assists.

We know pulisic is a very good winger, we've seen him play.. Ziyech too was metronomic for ajax.
Mount, havertz, odoi are just too damn inconsistent.

Fun fact, we are not doing too badly this season.
Mancity and Liverpool have set such an astronomical standard that getting below 90 points now seem like a failure. Imagine winning 30 games every season. This was unheard of in England before. Not even the arsenal invincibles.

I think what we need is at least one more world-class proven quality center back, a goal scoring midfielder and time to let our attackers click together.

It can be argued that we have an even better squad than Liverpool and they're doing so well.

We need TIME.

Some people are wired to celebrate glory moments and some are wired to remember every detail. A Liverpool team that achieved 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons while reaching two UCL finals playing attacking football far outmatches a Chelsea team that failed to make top four under Conte, only made top four in the penultimate game under Sarri and the final game under Lampard, and only made top four in the final 45 minutes of last season thanks to Gareth Bales heroics at Leicester. Khaki no be leather. League tables don't lie.

Only Kante walks into Liverpool 11 with no debate. VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Salah and Mane walk into Chelsea 11 with no debate. The difference to their alternatives isn't even close.

Alison vs Mendy, Rudiger vs Matip, Trent vs James, Lukaku vs Jota is a preference choice with little margin either way.

Our attackers are not the best but our system doesn't maximise attackers, it maximises defenders and makes them look better than they are. When you take one man from the attacking zone and put him in the defensive zone, it tilts in favour of the defenders. That's why Rudiger is looking at Madrid contract when he should be looking at Roma, and Chris is looking at Bayern when he should be looking at Southampton, meanwhile our attackers went from grace to grass because their positions are not priotised. It's always hustling for counterattack with them rather than exchanging passes with an extra man. I don't think Abraham can get £34m move to Roma, playing under this system. Maybe we will be looking for where to loan him now or collect £10m for him.

The number one reason for this (though not the only) and I will keep repeating myself, is lack of an adequate DM that will allow us play without community defence. Reason some of us focus on Jogginghoe is because his effect is structural. Kovacic is not structural, he is robust enough to play any system as a CM. We are not going anywhere consistently until we have a DM that will allow us to play on the front foot successfully. I have seen this repeatedly in Chelsea right from the Mikel days. Until we have that midfield that allows us to take more risk, we will keep telling ourselves stories. If we attempt to play on the front foot with our current DM, we will start counting goals he caused on a match-by-match basis like his biggest fan below. This is not a theory but a reality we saw play out since 2018 till the arrival of TT. Every time we tried an attacking set-up, we were ruined at the back by the inadequacy of our DM. I am a firm believer that the robustness of a team to adapt to any set-up depends on the robustness of the DM.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
BikeMan:
Well, if he's really willing to wait, I'm glad. He's being our best manager in a while if we are being honest. I know you like to discredit his UCL win but he did it beating not one but three of the best teams in Europe. However, I agree that a 38-games competition is a different ball game but I'm looking forward to the next transfer window and see the players he suggest, these ones are trash.

I gave TT massive credit. I only pointed out that his system is just a quick fix since some people were using it to hail players as greater than they are and all they needed was a good manager. If those are great players, then Bosingwa, Luiz, Ramires, Meireles, Bertrand and co must be great players too for what they achieved with RDM.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Unpopular Opinion

I can’t wait for the era of CR7 and Messi to be over with. The recognition of professional talent has become too predictable and nearly boxed into a corner because of both players, albeit, to no fault of theirs.

I am not responsible for how you comprehend, understand or choose to interpret my opinion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jokerman(m): 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2022
grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2022
Omo this guy you stubborn gan ooo. Jorginho keep giving you L, still you no wan gree. From Uefa Player of the year, to third in balloon d’ or, now FIFA world XI, yet you still no wan gree. You gats be hardcore

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2022
hensben:

Another shameless guardiola hatter spotted

So the new agenda is about pellegrini champions league squad ?

Continue choking
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
raumdeuter:

The season before Pep joined the EPL, Chelsea first 11 was Courtouis Terry Ivanovic Cahill Azpi Matic Fabregas Oscar Willian Hazard Costa

How many of them still dey with your team? Or Chelsea is allowed to overhaul their team but Man City is not allowed?

That is why you guys are hypocrites
We are talking about pep’s signings not man city or Chelsea as clubs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2022
hensben:
Your arguments are annoyingly stupid. Before Manchester City hired Guardiola did they not sign anybody? So why are the signings "Guardiola signings" but when it comes to Chelsea's they are Chelsea signings?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
By the way, this was Manchester City's bench against Chelsea.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
donjazet:
When Liverpool signed mane and Salah, who knew they would turn out to be this deadly? With time they were able to understand themselves better in kloops system. And this took more than one year.
And these players have been extremely reliable. Rarely being unavailable for long periods of time.

Do you think mancity would be the same if Kyle walker and cancelo both go on long term injuries and have to rely on zinchenko week in week out. It won't show??

Our 1st 10 games of this season showed this squad is capable of challenging for the league.
There have been soooo many interruptions for a lot of player that hinders team cohesion.

Excuse upon excuses

You even have more squad depth than mancity

If not that your forwards are misfiring you wouldn’t be that behind

Injury or no injury man city is better than your team

There was a time debruyne missed most of the season and they still ended up winning the league

Chelsea is not capable of winning the epl ,it’s weird to say you are a champions league favorite but not an epl

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:00am On Jan 18, 2022
hensben:

Who are Peps signing? How many players did Pep sign with his own money and how many players did Tuchel sign with his own money

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Android22:
Your arguments are annoyingly stupid. Before Manchester City hired Guardiola did they not sign anybody? So why are the signings "Guardiola signings" but when it comes to Chelsea's they are Chelsea signings?

When its Man city, the signings become Pep signings, Ask him who was Tuchels signing for example and you will see the somesault

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:05am On Jan 18, 2022
raumdeuter:

Who are Peps signing? How many players did Pep sign with his own money and how many players did Tuchel sign with his own money
All this one you dey talk na long story. You understand Wetin I mean, no need to Dey dribble like okocha.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:07am On Jan 18, 2022
Android22:
You don’t even know the argument from onset but as usual you don jump enter.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:07am On Jan 18, 2022
raumdeuter:

When its Man city, the signings become Pep signings, Ask him who was Tuchels signing for example and you will see the somesault
As if when the manager is leaving, he will put the players he "bought" inside his briefcase and drive off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:08am On Jan 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Excuse upon excuses

You even have more squad depth than mancity

If not that your forwards are misfiring you wouldn’t be that behind

Injury or no injury man city is better than your team

There was a time debruyne missed most of the season and they will ended up winning the league

Chelsea is not capable of winning the epl ,it’s weird to say you are a champions league favorite but not an epl

Ask them to name Man city 2nd team, and compare with other rivals 2nd team

1st team

City - Ederson Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo-Rodri KDB Bernardo-Mahrez Foden Grealish
Chelsea- Mendy Reece Silva Rudiger Chilwell- Kante Jorginho Mount - Pulisic Ziyech Lukaku
Man Utd - DDG AWB Shaw Varane Maguire MCtom Fred Bruno - Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

2nd teams
City Steffen, Egan Riley, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, McAtee, Jesus, Sterling, Palmer
Chelsea Kepa Azpi Christensen CHalobah Alonso - Kovacic Barkley RLC - Werner Harvetz CHO
Man Utd Henderson Dalot Lindelof Bailly Telles - Matic Pogba DvB - Martial Cavani Greenwood (Lingard Mata Jones as extra)

See the 2nd team of Man City as at today yet this is what they are claiming Pep has unlimited world class stars that is why he is ahead of everyone

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 12:09am On Jan 18, 2022
hensben:
You don’t even know the argument from onset but as usual you don jump enter.
OK no vex. Since Conté won the league with Chelsea, did Chelsea not sign any other players?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:09am On Jan 18, 2022
hensben:
All this one you dey talk na long story. You understand Wetin I mean, no need to Dey dribble like okocha.

What do you mean by Peps signing? Then what are Tuchels signing? Did Pep sign them with his own money? When Pep leaves will he take the players with him to another club?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Fraudiola

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:37am On Jan 18, 2022
airmark:
Fraudiola
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:40am On Jan 18, 2022
airmark:
Fraudiola
No ucl after leaving Barcelona, not that he left Barcelona to Roma or napoli. According to Raumdeuter 1 ucl>>>>>>>1m epl. We should leave local trophy for conte but na same local trophy my guy Dey use argue after spending 1billion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:41am On Jan 18, 2022
Jokerman:
grin
One is too defensive, while the other is more of an attacking manager. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13254) (13255) (13256) (13257) (13258) (13259) (13260) ... (19193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DynamoDeGreat, Realtord43, AdisaOwala and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.