Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10634472 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13255) (13256) (13257) (13258) (13259) (13260) (13261) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:45am On Jan 18, 2022
hensben:
No ucl after leaving Barcelona, not that he left Barcelona to Roma or napoli. According to Raudeuter 1 ucl>>>>>>>1m epl. We should leave local trophy for conte but na same local trophy my guy Dey use argue after spending 1billion.

You dared him to prove himself in the EPL and he is using the EPL to mop the ground.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:51am On Jan 18, 2022
hensben:
No ucl after leaving Barcelona, not that he left Barcelona to Roma or napoli. According to Raumdeuter 1 ucl>>>>>>>1m epl. We should leave local trophy for conte but na same local trophy my guy Dey use argue after spending 1billion.

Raumdeuter jinx am. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:43am On Jan 18, 2022
Why were Nigerians criticising Maduka Okoye at some point?

Some Dutch guys are saying he's the best goalie in Eeredivisie
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:52am On Jan 18, 2022
Ibime:
Why were Nigerians criticising Maduka Okoye at some point?

Some Dutch guys are saying he's the best goalie in Eeredivisie

He's had a number of shaky and jittery moments in an SE shirt; failing to claim crosses/looping balls convincingly, making a meal out of what should be a simple save, sturvs like that..

I think those moments have happened one time too many, reason why a lot of people are not sold on him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 1:53am On Jan 18, 2022
airmark:
Fraudiola

10 years of Hurt? LMAO

Show us Mourinho's own.

Within the 10 years, there were periods when Mourinho was jobless, looking for which club to coach ruin again.

In Pep's entire coaching carrer at senior level, he has never been sacked. We can't say the same for our faded Jose Mourinho who still struggling in Italy.

Pep is above that fraud. I really don't know why you guys keep forcing it.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:05am On Jan 18, 2022
TLona1:

10 years of Hurt? LMAO

Show us Mourinho's own.

Within the 10 years, there were periods when Mourinho was jobless, looking for which club to coach ruin again.

In Pep's entire coaching carrer at senior level, he has never been sacked. We can't say the same for our faded Jose Mourinho who still struggling in Italy.

Mourinho is too far lets start with Cuntay and how many CL semis he has made
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 2:17am On Jan 18, 2022
OJURONGBE1:
How on earth do you win Best goalie and not be included in FIFPRO? cry

Is this not witchcraft?
The thing shock you?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:25am On Jan 18, 2022
Trevor012:
How they voted cheesy
i no understand this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Ibime:

Some people are wired to celebrate glory moments and some are wired to remember every detail. A Liverpool team that achieved 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons while reaching two UCL finals playing attacking football far outmatches a Chelsea team that failed to make top four under Conte, only made top four in the penultimate game under Sarri and the final game under Lampard, and only made top four in the final 45 minutes of last season thanks to Gareth Bales heroics at Leicester. Khaki no be leather. League tables don't lie.

Only Kante walks into Liverpool 11 with no debate. VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Salah and Mane walk into Chelsea 11 with no debate. The difference to their alternatives isn't even close.

Alison vs Mendy, Rudiger vs Matip, Trent vs James, Lukaku vs Jota is a preference choice with little margin either way.

Our attackers are not the best but our system doesn't maximise attackers, it maximises defenders and makes them look better than they are. When you take one man from the attacking zone and put him in the defensive zone, it tilts in favour of the defenders. That's why Rudiger is looking at Madrid contract when he should be looking at Roma, and Chris is looking at Bayern when he should be looking at Southampton, meanwhile our attackers went from grace to grass because their positions are not priotised. It's always hustling for counterattack with them rather than exchanging passes with an extra man. I don't think Abraham can get £34m move to Roma, playing under this system. Maybe we will be looking for where to loan him now or collect £10m for him.

The number one reason for this (though not the only) and I will keep repeating myself, is lack of an adequate DM that will allow us play without community defence. Reason some of us focus on Jogginghoe is because his effect is structural. Kovacic is not structural, he is robust enough to play any system as a CM. We are not going anywhere consistently until we have a DM that will allow us to play on the front foot successfully. I have seen this repeatedly in Chelsea right from the Mikel days. Until we have that midfield that allows us to take more risk, we will keep telling ourselves stories. If we attempt to play on the front foot with our current DM, we will start counting goals he caused on a match-by-match basis like his biggest fan below. This is not a theory but a reality we saw play out since 2018 till the arrival of TT. Every time we tried an attacking set-up, we were ruined at the back by the inadequacy of our DM. I am a firm believer that the robustness of a team to adapt to any set-up depends on the robustness of the DM.

before Jorginho came, how many times had we finished the season with over 97 points an how many ucl final have we reached then..

Or does it mean we don’t have a robust Dm too ?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:48am On Jan 18, 2022
donstan18:

One is too defensive, while the other is more of an attacking manager. cheesy

The defensive manager has had a team that scored more goals than the attacking manager too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:50am On Jan 18, 2022
TLona1:

10 years of Hurt? LMAO

Show us Mourinho's own.

Tell us what Pep has done in coaching that Mourinho hasn't?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 6:04am On Jan 18, 2022
How he roped in jorginho in this is funny ..sometimes if our attackers are not firing u need some moments of magic or individual brilliance from a cm..united has bruno, City ; we saw debrunye nd still has benardo..chelsea is just packed with players we cant offload..we played 3 at the back nd kept creating chance upon chance which players was missing..
We want to play possession footy wen we have mostly runners in the team...a CAM that dictate play nd release a one time pass is wat we lack in the team...as for ziyech and co. We need to count our loses amd move on if we want the epl

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:15am On Jan 18, 2022
BlueMann:

He's had a number of shaky and jittery moments in an SE shirt; failing to claim crosses/looping balls convincingly, making a meal out of what should be a simple save, sturvs like that..

I think those moments have happened one time too many, reason why a lot of people are not sold on him.
That was how enyeama started too, Nigerians are too emotional on football matters they can ruin players career before it starts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2022
popizaino:

Congratulations to Tuchel but Pep Guardiola remains the GOAT.

[s]Meanwhile, Tim.bros were is senior colleague among the managers with most manager of the year award? Pep Guardiola still shitting on the Portuguese parrot in this one too ?[/s]

Tuchel doesn't need that congratulations that us lace with pains all over. Keep it to yourself. Imagine congratulating your supposed coach BUT adding how another coach is much better. This is not Mourinho matter o that one will understand its about the hate.

Tuchel won but you had to bring Pep in. Continue disgracing yourself.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:51am On Jan 18, 2022
Trevor012:
How they voted cheesy

Even Lewandowski is a fan! Na only for NL we dey hear rubbish about Jorginho.

He even made Ronaldo's top 3.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:56am On Jan 18, 2022
raumdeuter:

The season before Pep joined the EPL, Chelsea first 11 was Courtouis Terry Ivanovic Cahill Azpi Matic Fabregas Oscar Willian Hazard Costa

How many of them still dey with your team? Or Chelsea is allowed to overhaul their team but Man City is not allowed?

That is why you guys are hypocrites

Since the season before Pep, how many coaches have Chelsea employed? Every coach tend to make signings when they come in.

Pep signed and Chelsea signed are two different things altogether. You know this, but for the sake of winning arguments, you wont agree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:59am On Jan 18, 2022
TLona1:

10 years of Hurt? LMAO

Show us Mourinho's own.

I don't know where you saw Mourinho in my post.

We are still waiting for Fraudiola to win Ucl without Messi after 10yrs and spending over 1bn on a Ucl semifinalist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2022
Ibime:

Some people are wired to celebrate glory moments and some are wired to remember every detail. A Liverpool team that achieved 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons while reaching two UCL finals playing attacking football far outmatches a Chelsea team that failed to make top four under Conte, only made top four in the penultimate game under Sarri and the final game under Lampard, and only made top four in the final 45 minutes of last season thanks to Gareth Bales heroics at Leicester. Khaki no be leather. League tables don't lie.

Only Kante walks into Liverpool 11 with no debate. VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Salah and Mane walk into Chelsea 11 with no debate. The difference to their alternatives isn't even close.

Alison vs Mendy, Rudiger vs Matip, Trent vs James, Lukaku vs Jota is a preference choice with little margin either way.

Our attackers are not the best but our system doesn't maximise attackers, it maximises defenders and makes them look better than they are. When you take one man from the attacking zone and put him in the defensive zone, it tilts in favour of the defenders. That's why Rudiger is looking at Madrid contract when he should be looking at Roma, and Chris is looking at Bayern when he should be looking at Southampton, meanwhile our attackers went from grace to grass because their positions are not priotised. It's always hustling for counterattack with them rather than exchanging passes with an extra man. I don't think Abraham can get £34m move to Roma, playing under this system. Maybe we will be looking for where to loan him now or collect £10m for him.

The number one reason for this (though not the only) and I will keep repeating myself, is lack of an adequate DM that will allow us play without community defence. Reason some of us focus on Jogginghoe is because his effect is structural. Kovacic is not structural, he is robust enough to play any system as a CM. We are not going anywhere consistently until we have a DM that will allow us to play on the front foot successfully. I have seen this repeatedly in Chelsea right from the Mikel days. Until we have that midfield that allows us to take more risk, we will keep telling ourselves stories. If we attempt to play on the front foot with our current DM, we will start counting goals he caused on a match-by-match basis like his biggest fan below. This is not a theory but a reality we saw play out since 2018 till the arrival of TT. Every time we tried an attacking set-up, we were ruined at the back by the inadequacy of our DM. I am a firm believer that the robustness of a team to adapt to any set-up depends on the robustness of the DM.

While all your points in this poat (and others before it) is very understandable, our major problem is stability.

You keep hammering on DM but the main issue Chelsea FC have is the constant hiring and firing of coaches. When was the last time we have a coach stay 5 years uninterrupted? Correct me if I am wrong, it has never happened in Roman era.

Both Pep and Klopp are 5 years plus in their respective clubs now. They have had the time to build their teams and inculcate their philosophies in. And the tweaking continues. One or 2 signings here and there.

Chelsea and Man United have not had that patience with coaches. That is the difference.

Believe me, if Tuchel is given enough time, this DM you are hammering on, he will fix it. Tuchel have not had one full season with us and some fans have started calling for his head.

We all know how Liverpool team drink goals like water before gradually Klopp go what he wants. Liverpool's attack went from Lallana, Sturridge, Suarez, Jay Rodriguez to Salah, Mane, Firmino. Was it done overnight? No. The less said about Man City overhaul the better. All these are not done overnight.

What we need is give Tuchel 7 years contract and respect the contract. He will take us places. He will fix the DM and other issues we have and more.

I am one of the people that questioned his appointment. But from what he has done this half half seasons (January to January), I take my L. He has the capability to make Chelsea the best club in the world, and dominate for years.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jokerman(m): 8:01am On Jan 18, 2022
timbros:

Tuchel doesn't need that congratulations that us lace with pains all over. Keep it to yourself. Imagine congratulating your supposed coach BUT adding how another coach is much better. This is not Mourinho matter o that one will understand its about the hate.

That's how barca fans do... very sentimental

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:20am On Jan 18, 2022
Jokerman:
grin

One record is based on attacking while the other is based on defence. We now have a clearer view of why one is fading gradually.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:26am On Jan 18, 2022
raumdeuter:

Ask them to name Man city 2nd team, and compare with other rivals 2nd team

1st team

City - Ederson Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo-Rodri KDB Bernardo-Mahrez Foden Grealish
Chelsea- Mendy Reece Silva Rudiger Chilwell- Kante Jorginho Mount - Pulisic Ziyech Lukaku
Man Utd - DDG AWB Shaw Varane Maguire MCtom Fred Bruno - Sancho Ronaldo Rashford

2nd teams
City Steffen, Egan Riley, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Gundogan, McAtee, Jesus, Sterling, Palmer
Chelsea Kepa Azpi Christensen CHalobah Alonso - Kovacic Barkley RLC - Werner Harvetz CHO
Man Utd Henderson Dalot Lindelof Bailly Telles - Matic Pogba DvB - Martial Cavani Greenwood (Lingard Mata Jones as extra)

See the 2nd team of Man City as at today yet this is what they are claiming Pep has unlimited world class stars that is why he is ahead of everyone

Pls when next you point this things out try and also tag some man united fans notably @leyquet.e He is at the front runner of those spreading the false narrative of man city having a greater squad depth, world class, squad, quality squad .

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:29am On Jan 18, 2022
Ibime:

Some people are wired to celebrate glory moments and some are wired to remember every detail. A Liverpool team that achieved 97 and 99 points in consecutive seasons while reaching two UCL finals playing attacking football far outmatches a Chelsea team that failed to make top four under Conte, only made top four in the penultimate game under Sarri and the final game under Lampard, and only made top four in the final 45 minutes of last season thanks to Gareth Bales heroics at Leicester. Khaki no be leather. League tables don't lie

Ibime, my argument is that we need time and a little fine tuning to our squad. Liverpool gave kloop ample time even after he had finished 7th in his 1st, half season. And finished 4th with Salah and mane in his 1st full season. Or Guardiola who also finished trophyless and 4th in his first full season. Our squad needs more time to adapt to Tuchel's method.

Our attackers are not the best but our system doesn't maximise attackers, it maximises defenders and makes them look better than they are. When you take one man from the attacking zone and put him in the defensive zone, it tilts in favour of the defenders. That's why Rudiger is looking at Madrid contract when he should be looking at Roma, and Chris is looking at Bayern when he should be looking at Southampton, meanwhile our attackers went from grace to grass because their positions are not priotised. It's always hustling for counterattack with them rather than exchanging passes with an extra man. I don't think Abraham can get £34m move to Roma, playing under this system. Maybe we will be looking for where to loan him now or collect £10m for him

All these players had to grow and develop better.
Who were mane, Salah, Arnold, Robertson before they came to Liverpool??
Players are constantly evolving and developing better if given time and played in a good system.
Liverpool gave kloop trust and time and he assembled a good squad. Our squad was recently reassembled by different coaches. We have some system players and some dynamic players, that doesn't mean they wouldn't all adapt to Tuchel's philosophy, given time.

The number one reason for this (though not the only) and I will keep repeating myself, is lack of an adequate DM that will allow us play without community defence. Reason some of us focus on Jogginghoe is because his effect is structural. Kovacic is not structural, he is robust enough to play any system as a CM. We are not going anywhere consistently until we have a DM that will allow us to play on the front foot successfully. I have seen this repeatedly in Chelsea right from the Mikel days. Until we have that midfield that allows us to take more risk, we will keep telling ourselves stories. If we attempt to play on the front foot with our current DM, we will start counting goals he caused on a match-by-match basis like his biggest fan below. This is not a theory but a reality we saw play out since 2018 till the arrival of TT. Every time we tried an attacking set-up, we were ruined at the back by the inadequacy of our DM. I am a firm believer that the robustness of a team to adapt to any set-up depends on the robustness of the DM

No matter how many times you continue to repeat this, it doesn't make it true.

Jorginho is a very fine DM. As many can see, he is even adapting his game better. It's clear tuchel has asked him to be more direct hence pass lesser in games than he used to.

Rodri who tagged an "escort" excelling in Guardiola's system leaves me in no doubt that jorginho would be 10 times better.
In kante and jorginho we have 2 of the finest DM's in the game. Don't forget that even kante evolved better under Sarri. We didn't know kante for his abilities ON the ball but OFF the ball. How he runs tirelessly chasing balls and opponents, The sprints, the recoveries, the tackles, how he protects his defense. It was under Sarri he evolved to show forward runs and drives.
Likewise jorginho is also evolving, improving in his tackles, recoveries, sprints etc not just possession recycling.
I definitely do not think hojberg is the answer you're looking for. He's of much lower quality than kante and jorgs.
The Henderson under Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool is not the same Henderson under kloop. He has developed and adapted better. All these took a little bit of time.

If our attackers became more consistent and scored more, we would be world beaters. We have the players to play different systems. What we need is time.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:32am On Jan 18, 2022
Ibime:

All I see here is theories laced with lunacy. Most, if not all of our players were shit under Lampard. When TT came on board, we saw considerable increase in player's quality. A reasonable conclusion would have been that TT is a better manager than Lampard.

Take Lampard to Liverpool and watch them struggle for top 4. If Jorginho's improvement is due to TT, why then didn't he embarrass himself at the Euros. God knows you would quickly rush to say I told you guys so had that happened.

We have always had inconsistent attackers but at least, they understood the tactical requirement and had no issues performing them to their very best. Once a managers tactics can be correctly executed, the team will achieve targets collectively not necessarily individually. As a fan, that's the only thing I care about -- collective achievement.

Perhaps your knowledge of football tactics is limited to DMs... Cos I can't wrap my head on my you can't easily see that Chelsea of last season pressed as a unit which most kept them on the front foot or at least made them compete favourably against footballing giants. This was only possible because TT fielded players who paid incredible attention to tactics. When they move, they move as one, and they hardly lose shape. Though at times, player's weaknesses may suffice, but the general goal was to keep it minimal.

The ultimate goal should have been to build on this, instead of signing a misfit who brought the whole system down. 10 players were now required to play to the strength of 1 man -- an untalented one. The only difference between last season and this season is Lukaku. He made us lose shape, that shape which left Pep aghast; which made us look impenetrable.

Replace Lukaku with maybe Jota and see us bounce back.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:36am On Jan 18, 2022
timbros:

Do me a favour pls

Tell the forum how you managed to enter into my heart/mind to know that the congratulation was actually laced with pain. grin...........you might be helping a brother. grin because i would also use the trick to enter Tuchel mind to know how he feels about the squad grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:36am On Jan 18, 2022
Lastly, it's important that all of us put things in perspective and realize that we are not actually in crisis. Mancity have just set the bar so high. Imagine winning 12 games in a row for 3 good season when the quality of the league is actually much higher than before. before Guardiola,how many teams finished above 90 points? Just 5 times in the history of the league, now it has been done 6 times in the last 6 years. It's not sustainable. The standard is just ridiculous. We are on track to finish above 80 points and that is actually good progress.

Our squad reaching multiple cup finals in the last few years show that we actually have a good squad.we just need a little fine tuning.
A creative central midfielder. A world-class defender and more time with tuchel.

We just need to keep the faith.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2022
I was called mad when I stated that mount had ego issues and believes that he is better than he actually is, someone like this can never learn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Havertz10:
I was called mad when I stated that mount had ego issues and believes that he is better than he actually is, someone like this can never learn cheesy

I was waiting for you to post this...surprised you are a bit late.

You know say you no dey disappoint

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:58am On Jan 18, 2022
My gees

Angry eyes X Cold Face

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2022
TLona1:

10 years of Hurt? LMAO

Show us Mourinho's own.

So you don’t know pep was a failure at Bayern, he destroyed the rhythm and chemistry of the team before he left.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2022
Havertz10:
I saw this not quite long.

This is one stupid thing about some egoistic little rats who thinks they are beyond others.

Just imagine he was d 3rd best player...I believe he would do more dan lukaku's interview.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2022
Jokerman:

That's how barca fans do... very sentimental
Popizaino, you see yourself? grin grin

Even rivals think say you be barca fan

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2022
hensben:
So you don’t know pep was a failure at Bayern, he destroyed the rhythm and chemistry of the team before he left .
Source cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13255) (13256) (13257) (13258) (13259) (13260) (13261) ... (19285) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.