Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10637106 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13252) (13253) (13254) (13255) (13256) (13257) (13258) ... (19287) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
hensben:
Everyone know attack is our problem and now with Lukaku it make things worse, mostly against tactical and technical side like city, he can’t press nor play interplay. But on nairaland segedinho and some few elements argue blindly because they feel this is about agenda.
I blame Tuchel for that front three selection against city. Last season he benched Giroud because he can’t press not that he wasn’t scoring more than others. Imagine Benzema in this luakaku’s position, he will just hold the ball a little and lay it to Alonso or score himself but instead lukaku chose someone that was offside, lack of technique.
I still don't see how any same person will keep defending lukaku

We payed 100m for the fool. Ffs angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
raumdeuter:

Hazards face when Madrid wins

vs

Hazards face when Madrid lose
Agent Hazard grin grin

Boss you no try aswear grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Like, how did someone saw that game and termed our midfield the worst department of our team surprises me.

We all know what Kante can do ffs. Kante was silent because of TT's low block setup which we weren't expecting. Kovacic tried his bea to push the ball forward and dribble his way out. The front three lack of press and cohesion was our undoing as City kept overloading our midfield.

Starting Ziyech and Pulisic was the killer for me. Immediately Izzuo saw that line up, he knew we were done. How Ziyech and Pulisic even started the 2nd half again was a mystery to me.

Aside the shot on target against Ederson, Lukaku was terribly poor reminisce of his days at scummy utd.

This isn't agenda.

Kovacic that created our best chance in the game

Intercepted a city pass and released a fine through ball to the elephant

Kante had a bad game it happens sometimes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2022
drisham:

That is where you are getting it wrong.

Lukaku was bad..but u see pulisic nd ziyech they were awful..

I think d only department dat was okay was d defence.

I don't defend either lukaku or joginho....infact I am not in for anyone...if u play well today. .u earn my praise..if u fuckup tomoro..u earn my criticism.

Here ..both lukaku..ziyech and pulisic were poor but lukaku were better dan d other 2 offensive players on d pitch.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
drisham:

In modern football you need a striker that can interplay with his wingers, yet Chelsea went ahead to sign a striker that lack that technique. Even when it was clear last season with the way Tuchel set up his team, a striker like lukaku isn’t needed. Tuchel prefer running strikers with interplay technique.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2022
I remember the city game when we were 1nil down the hazard and Costa turned the game around.. miss those kind of attackers

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Segedinho:

That is where you are getting it wrong.

Lukaku was bad..but u see pulisic nd ziyech they were awful..

I think d only department dat was okay was d defence.

I don't defend either lukaku or joginho....infact I am not in for anyone...if u play well today. .u earn my praise..if u fuckup tomoro..u earn my criticism.

Here ..both lukaku..ziyech and pulisic were poor but lukaku were better dan d other 2 offensive players on d pitch.

Those two are too inconsistent
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2022
drisham:

Those two are too inconsistent
So my analysis was based on d match vs city.

Those 2 were njot helping d already conquered midfields.....they weren't making any good runs...

Yea..lukaku was poor but those 2 deserves more criticism than lukaku.

Of course lukaku has done more harm with his outburst but my analysis was base on that match.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
Theuniverse:
havertz isnt top 9 quality to win epl. broja would push lukaku more than him physically and tecnically.

You also have to take the player into account.

Will he be motivated to wait for his chance, and for how long.

Both he and Lukaku are big strikers. You can't play two of them at the same time. Unless Lukaku is sold on, of which I doubt there will be a market at the price we bought him, Broja will have to be prepared to sit down for 4 years till Lukaku contract expires. That's not even factoring the presence of Havertz who is a different profile of striker if the coach wants to play another way

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Abeg who did Arnold assist yesterday?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
Tuchel the title cunt-tender cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
raumdeuter:

Hazards face when Madrid wins

vs

Hazards face when Madrid lose

Comrade, Heaven is far from you grin grin

On a serious note though, can someone, anyone at this point, even if na Burnley save Hazard from the misery he is enduring at Madrid?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2022
journalist Question: Should Chelsea and tuchel do more to help lukaku score goals

Na once Tuchel provoke cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
Did he really say this?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2022
If Lukaku will cause Chelsea team problems, he should leave please.

I hate troublesome players who complain a lot.

Same thing, blames and unnecessarily questions were thrown to Lampard when Fraudvertz was flopping shamelessly.

Lampard is out and Nigha is still flopping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:06pm On Jan 17, 2022
Who did Arnold assist yesterday?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2022
popizaino:

Thank goodness you have finally said it yourself.

So if Rafa Benitez failure at Everton is due to lack of billions then tell us shy he failed to transform real Madrid with same available billions........ This should be hard for you to answer now ?

Donstant18 my question is still begging for your answer .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mendy wins FIFA Best men's Goalkeeper.

Congratulations to our safe hands

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
BikeMan:
Did he really say this?

TT has performed brilliantly and is still outperforming this squads natural level. I see no problem except the unrealistically high expectations he set with his UCL win.

TT was a steady the ship manager who managed to use defensive nous to win a trophy. You can't use steady the ship tactics to win consistently, in the long run, the quality of the squad will catch up to you. That's why I laughed when neophytes started acting like we have a squad to win the league because a rescue manager who has no mandate managed to win a tournament. Such is no different from what we have seen over the last decade with RDM, Benitez delivering cup tournaments with a disjointed squad then we continue our struggles the next season. The mandate of AVB to get the best out of Torres and play attacking football with Mata and co is not the same mandate as RDM who can park bus, drop Torres and deliver a tournament. Same way RDM next season mandate to use MaZaCar and Torres fell apart, Benitez could ditch that mandate and deliver Europa. Same way Lampard mandate to get the best of Werner, Havertz, Ziyech will never allow him to go defensive like TT did.

We can even go back to Jose mandate to fit in Shevchenko which made us play a disjointed diamond formation and ditch Robben and Duff system and lost us the league. Avram Grant a rescue manager was allowed to drop Sheva and return to our normal formation, losing only one league game in 8 months and reaching UCL final. What TT is witnessing this season is simply the challenge of moving from being a rescue manager to a manager with a mandate and finding out he doesn't have robust enough players to deliver on the expectations set by last season. That's been the story of Chelsea for the last decade, that's why I laughed when people start acting like these players are the bees knees, same players whose natural level has never been more than that of a top 4 team which we have seen repeatedly under several managers. Where we are now in the league is the best we've seen since 2017, and people feel we're underperforming. I say TT is over performing with wack and non-robust players. I hope he doesn't lose hope and is backed with quality signings along his own vision to keep him competitive always, let's stop deceiving ourselves that cup results we achieved with cøck-nyash tactical triumphs last season are sustainable.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:05pm On Jan 17, 2022
3-3-4 formation.

FIFA sef! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ibime:

TT has performed brilliantly and is still outperforming this squads natural level. I see no problem except the unrealistically high expectations he set with his UCL win.

TT was a steady the ship manager who managed to use defensive nous to win a trophy. You can't use steady the ship tactics to win consistently, in the long run, the quality of the squad will catch up to you. That's why I laughed when neophytes started acting like we have a squad to win the league because a rescue manager who has no mandate managed to win a tournament. Such is no different from what we have seen over the last decade with RDM, Benitez delivering cup tournaments with a disjointed squad then we continue our struggles the next season. The mandate of AVB to get the best out of Torres and play attacking football with Mata and co is not the same mandate as RDM who can park bus, drop Torres and deliver a tournament. Same way RDM next season mandate to use MaZaCar and Torres fell apart, Benitez could ditch that mandate and deliver Europa. Same way Lampard mandate to get the best of Werner, Havertz, Ziyech will never allow him to go defensive like TT did.

We can even go back to Jose mandate to fit in Shevchenko which made us play a disjointed diamond formation and ditch Robben and Duff system and lost us the league. Avram Grant a rescue manager was allowed to drop Sheva and return to our normal formation, losing only one league game in 8 months and reaching UCL final. What TT is witnessing this season is simply the challenge of moving from being a rescue manager to a manager with a mandate and finding out he doesn't have robust enough players to deliver on the expectations set by last season. That's been the story of Chelsea for the last decade, that's why I laughed when people start acting like these players are the bees knees, same players whose natural level has never been more than that of a top 4 team which we have seen repeatedly under several managers. Where we are now in the league is the best we've seen since 2017, and people feel we're underperforming. I say TT is over performing with wack and non-robust players. I hope he doesn't lose hope and is backed with quality signings along his own vision to keep him competitive always, let's stop deceiving ourselves that cup results we achieved with cøck-nyash tactical triumphs last season are sustainable.

Lmaooo, bro your analysis make me laugh sometimes, because you speak facts with backup stats, you have said it all, our players re average, we seems to do good after a caretaker take control. TT is over performing grin grin only few people will understand
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maximilan: 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ibime:

Great piece, you summed it all up

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2022
donstan18:
3-3-4 formation.

FIFA sef! cheesy

Agenda must agend, there's no way fifa can ommit those four forwards, all of em deserve something, but what's alaba doing in that line-up?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mendy won the best goal keeper but he's not in fifa xi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

Agenda must agend, there's no way fifa can ommit those four forwards, all of em deserve something, but what's alaba doing in that line-up?
Alaba, in my opinion has been the best in his position for the past 8 years at least. He deserves to be there.

I feel Ronaldo shouldn’t be there, but he’s built a legacy that keep putting him there. Mbappe in my opinion should have replaced Halland too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lewandowski won the best FIFA Men’s player.

They just keep trying to compensate him for robbing him last year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
donstan18:
Lewandowski won the best FIFA Men’s player.

They just keep trying to compensate him for robbing him last year.

Well deserved,

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2022
Ibime:

Spot on but my question is that is TT not aware that this set of players are below average and needed to changed them during the summer? Why did he feel he could do wonders with this players making us believe in unrealistic expectations?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2022
donstan18:

Alaba, in my opinion has been the best in his position for the past 8 years at least. He deserves to be there.

I feel Ronaldo shouldn’t be there, but he’s built a legacy that keep putting him there. Mbappe in my opinion should have replaced Halland too.

We're not talking of last 8 years, we're talking about performance of last year, alaba is no way there, I prefer Bonnucci or chellini

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
"Make Lewandowski sha win something, gba ma pawa"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

Lmaooo, bro your analysis make me laugh sometimes, because you speak facts with backup stats, you have said it all, our players re average, we seems to do good after a caretaker take control. TT is over performing grin grin only few people will understand

I shock at what I've been reading here over the last 6 months bros.

People expecting TT to win league with Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Odoi, Puli while opponents are parading Salah, Mane and co.

A Christensen who is never more than one mental meltdown away from committing a blunder being hailed as a great defender, same Christensen that we saw under Conte, Sarri and Lampard who should be looking for contract at Southampton now, suddenly courting interest from Bayern because of TT

A Jogginghoe who has been everybody's bitch in EPL since 2018 suddenly being hailed as a premier DM.

An Alonso who we couldn't sell for £10m despite hawking him around Europe being made to look World class by NL pundits.

A Rudiger who was near useless under Conte, Sarri and Lampard and could not garner more interest than a half-hearted loan bid from Spurs suddenly feeling like the.most important player in the squad and being courted by the likes of Madrid.

TT is the rising tide that lifted all boats in our defensive players. Some people wondered why we didn't lock down contracts in all these players, it's because they were useless before TT, we saw no need to.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:

We're not talking of last 8 years, we're talking about performance of last year, alaba is no way there, I prefer Bonnucci or chellini
Is last year not part of last 8 years bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13252) (13253) (13254) (13255) (13256) (13257) (13258) ... (19287) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, monerozi5590, BlueMann and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.