Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10478611 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13585) (13586) (13587) (13588) (13589) (13590) (13591) ... (19135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:37am On Mar 14, 2022
timbros:

Is it how often he does it now, no longer if he can EVER do it?

What did they say about a broken clock again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2022
Exonerate1:

We were after kane and Halaand in the summer only to end up with Lukaku.

Getting your second choice does not mean the manager did not rubber-stamp the second choice. It is quite rare to get your first choice. Many factors are at play including finances, the players wishes and the selling club stance. TT has already told us severally that signing Lukaku was an easy decision for him. I tend to follow managers statements on signings because we are known to have board signings without manager buy-in.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:39am On Mar 14, 2022
lordfalcao:
Kane made hojberg mis placed pass look good..

Hojberg was even more closer to box than Jorginho to hit that pass, that would have been throw in. shows he made a bad pass

I take God beg keep what you know to yourself, don't quote me again. You think everyone reason in the line of agenda like yourself abi?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2022
popizaino:

No one is hating and I know when to give my player accolades when it is due, this obviously doesnt come as one of them because it should naturally be his default passing skill set and not something special.You are all saying this because the coward has made you so used to back passing and short passes that something as basic as that one is seen as something special about. I refused to join the bandwagon. And yes, I would have come here to tell you this is what jorginho should be doing if it was rodri and fabinho that did them, it is not hating on Jorginho but pointing out what he should be doing more often.

If Jorginho does it, it should be his default passing skill. Nothing much. But if Rodri and Fabinho does it, it's something special to come here and diss Jorginho for it. Yet you are not hating. OK. I get you now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2022
donstan18:

Jorginho honestly gave a basic long ball pass, Harvertz made everything classy.

Is this not obvious to the blind ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 50d33q: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2022
airmark:

grin
Convess physics.

This fool right here is seeking for cheap likes early on Monday morning, is this not madness

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2022
popizaino:

I take God beg keep what you know to yourself, don't quote me again. You think everyone reason in the line of agenda like yourself abi?
when you bring up another yeye agenda I will quote you again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2022
popizaino:

What did they say about a broken clock again?

Don't you know about a broken clock when you claim he can NEVER do it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2022
Ibime:

You are talking undiluted trash

Havertz was personally picked out but Kane was not?

The difficulty of a pass is determined by the amount of space in which you are dropping the ball, not any megedefegede you typed above.

All passes are into a space, whether the striker runs or not, that is their business, the object of the pass is to drop it into a space. The more space the easier the pass. If a striker and defence is on the halfway line and you have a whole half to pass into, that's the easiest assist you will get in football. That's why teams park bus, because the less space, the harder it is to play in the striker.

Jorginhos pass is actually a regular pass that Thiago Silva has made many times this season.

Hojberg pass is way more difficult because he can only hit a small pocket of space. If you don't know this, you don't know basics of football.

The default jorginho would have cowardly given the ball to christensen to drive forward and missed Havertz brilliant positioning and runs thereby making Newcastle defenders regrouped back but because he did it in one attempt out of millions that I have severally called him out, they want me to start dancing Kumbaya.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:52am On Mar 14, 2022
Ibime:

Just saw highlights. No chance of him following that ball because he had already taken a couple steps the other way anticipating a cutback from Havertz. He was nowhere in the vicinity having gone for the cutback. This is way off, and complete witchhunting.

At this point, Lukaku switches his run to go for the cutback, you say he should have been at the backpost when the ball hit the post. How will someone running in the direction of Havertz be at the backpost before a defender running in a straight-line toward the goal. Pure agenda.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2022
swiz123:

You are forming too many hypothesis which isn't surprising whenever you want to cover your favourites. The mofo should have went for a rebound when he saw that the defender has limited Havertz's option to attempting a shot.

You clutching at straw now, even with the pictorial evidence you still chose to be following a your own preconceived hatred of Lukaku to analyse the situation. I give up on you.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfyjSzysoH0

Let’s us put strikers like lewandowski, Kane or even wide forwards like mane in this video and see if 70% of this missed chances won’t be converted..

All passes were made on a Chelsea shirt..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
swiz123:

If he attempts to run the ball in tight spaces, he will end up embarrassing himself. All his stans complained that is it everybody's fault that he isn't getting services grin grin grin , we warned them that a good striker doesn't need to be spoon-fed. They said we don't create chances but immediately his mediocre ass was dropped, chances started coming. Now, all his stans have seen what we have known all these while except popi who wants to head to North London in search of a locksmith to unlock his bag of beans.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Skimpledawg:
Woke up to shouts of Happy birthday!

Man's not getting any younger no more cheesy

HBD LLNP MAN .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, it's only trash because it doesn't align with your thoughts today. Hojberg pass is just an up through ball that's mostly triggered by strikers run. Kane was already making the run (seeing the space afforded) and hojberg (in sync) capitalized on it. I mean any professional midfielder can attempt such a pass. Stop making it seem as if na one " once in a season stuff". That's a chipped pass and we all know that space is not little(the way you're making us believe) compared to the distance at the back post and the run advantage Kane already had over the defender (who'll need to turn before running). Moreover, hojberg was even at the center area of the pitch sef, making it easier to give that chipped pass.

Compared to Jorg whose distance is farther(very far to be honest), at a side of a pitch and have two attackers to pick out yet he isolated and picked havertz with that pass. Only someone who has an agenda against Jorg will say that pass was easier to make than hojberg. While I respect that you play ball well, but they put others for here at the back of your mind say we play ball too.

You know one thing about lie you always contradict yourself.Look at the bolded and tell me how you still think hojberg pass is the more easy. How will a basic projectile be difficult than chip pass or pinpoint?

Carry ball go attempt that chipping pass and if you don't hurt your feet call me a bastard.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Happy birthday Apostle. Many happy returns.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ibime:

Getting your second choice does not mean the manager did not rubber-stamp the second choice. It is quite rare to get your first choice. Many factors are at play including finances, the players wishes and the selling club stance. TT has already told us severally that signing Lukaku was an easy decision for him. I tend to follow managers statements on signings because we are known to have board signings without manager buy-in.
You ought to know by now TT is a smart man and he handle situations very well for the interest of the club so you don’t expect him to come out and say Lukaku was not his signing. He had issue with psg board because of this so has learnt to handle any situation concerning the board or owner.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
Ibime:

There is no difference and it's actually quite a stupid line of reasoning. The only thing that matters is the space in which to drop the ball. A midfielder does not need a strikers run to know where to drop that ball, unless you are suggesting he is a single IQ midfielder, furthermore Havertz HAD started his run so you are just blowing hot air.

Not in most cases.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
hensben:
You ought to know by now TT is a smart man and he handle situations very well for the interest of the club so you don’t expect him to come out and say Lukaku was not his signing. He had issue with psg board because of this so has learnt to handle any situation concerning the board or owner.

There is a way you say things that will classify whether you rubber-stamped the signing or not.

"It was a very easy decision, I relied on my feelings, the interviews I did and reports from the people I trust. I studied his personality from people that know him etc"

Before he was signed. . .

"He is the profile we are looking for, a real no9 who can hold up balls, create space for Timo, Kai, Pulisic etc and can fight physically with defenders, but I don't want to disrespect Inter by talking about him because he is still their player"

Man said his wishes for a typical target man, not a roaming forward. That's what he wanted, so all this talk of he ain't TT style, TT prefers a fluid front man is after the fact revisionism. If TT was opposed to target man style, with the power and trust he had in the summer, it would have been expressed strongly and the transfer would have been opposed. Infact TT pushed for this transfer, which goes beyond just agreeing with the board.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2022
lordfalcao:

Let’s us put strikers like lewandowski, Kane or even wide forwards like mane in this video and see if 70% of this missed chances won’t be converted..

Oh boy.

More than 30 great thru ball wasted...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
lordfalcao:

Yes because refs won't be blowing offside for lewandoski, kane and the likes .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
50d33q:

This fool right here is seeking for cheap likes early on Monday morning, is this not madness

Mr. Convess, na by force to prove say you sabi Physics?. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
lordfalcao:

Over what time frame?

I'm seeing Higuain, Hazard, Willian in this video

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by schurley(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Happy birthday MOG. Celebrate grace!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 50d33q: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Happy birthday boss, continue to grow in wisdom unlike the foolish one at 40 something grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
Skimpledawg:

Today’s mountain climbing go get Ph.D!

Happy Birthday!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
I can see the school wars are still well and truly on.
Jorginho v Hojberg
Havertz v Mount
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Roland17:

Today’s mountain climbing go get Ph.D!

Happy Birthday!
Had to pause my mountain climbing plans to reply this shocked

Who are you sir? Are you also a prophet? These are deep secrets grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Over what time frame?

The funny thing is that more than 50% of the passes shown there were even offside but lewandoksi,kane and the rest would have converted them with the refs not blowing and jorginho having assists because they all have the refs nude.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2022
50d33q:

Happy birthday boss, continue to grow in wisdom unlike the foolish one at 40 something grin grin
Gracias man.

No fighting on my birthday. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
popizaino:

Yes because refs won't be blowing offside for lewandoski, kane and the likes .
so how many were offsides?

If you claim to know ball you will know that a striker has the sole responsibility of knowing how not to get into offside positions often
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Over what time frame?

check again, you will see morata, higuain, giroud, Abraham

(1) (2) (3) ... (13585) (13586) (13587) (13588) (13589) (13590) (13591) ... (19135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m), amodu(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.