Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10729149 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14666) (14667) (14668) (14669) (14670) (14671) (14672) ... (19393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2022
Roland17:

Baba, women's football is no longer our birthright. South Africa have made great strides in the development of Women’s football in SA and they have closed the gap between both nations. Look no further than the disparity in the quality of both leagues when compared. Gone are the days when only naija can boast of players in Europe. South Africa now have players plying their trade across Europe and the US. I just hope we can get it together again..
While it's true that the SA women's football team have made notable advances in their game, they're not there yet.

Unlike Nigeria who have won the WAFCON nine times (the highest), SA haven't won the title at all, and they even lost the final matches at four different occasions.

Nigeria is still their oga
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OhBritannia(m): 7:46am On Jul 05, 2022
donstan18:

I stopped reading here bro.

Rest!!
Bros go and watch old videos of Iniesta as a winger, it's like you didn't watch him during his peak.

you talk about wingers and you are mentioning sterling?
sterling of all people? lol Bro, who tha fork is sterling?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2022
He’s even a Barcelona’s fan. No wonder he said Inesta was a better WINGER than Sterling.

Rubbish take!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 7:46am On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:
[s] let me tell you what you don't know about comparing footballers and how great they are.
Iniesta can play as a winger very well, during Iniesta's peak years, he was a better winger than sterling 100%, even though that is not his original position.
is it the same sterling that puts ball on motion and runs out of field of play to hit camera crews filming the football matches as if a lion is chasing him?

Ribery and Iniesta plays similar kind of football but the difference is that Ribery is faster with the ball while Iniesta is more calmer with the ball but more tactical.
but don't put sterling in their midst again, sterling is not even better than etoe as a winger.

maybe you should go and do research on what a winger is,. sterling is one of the most overrated footballers In history and it's because of the British media and over overhyping.

now when it comes to Iniesta and Ribery, the reason Iniesta is better than Ribery isn't just because of trophies, it's because while Iniesta can play Ribery's position very well, Ribery can't play Iniesta position.

A footballer isn't just limited to one position, every great footballer must be versatile and be able to adapt to different positions and still stamp his greatness.
don't ever mention sterling while mentioning great footballers again, sterling is just odion ighalo with a British birth certificate. [/s]
Bollocks from beginning to ending.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

I ask you again, why will Son be in Mou XI, in any position?

Is Robben a joke to you?

Robben under Mourinho? Nah

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2022
donstan18:

Eto vs Lloris??

Why you dey dodge the question?

Are you okay?

Which position were you referring to here? GK?

donstan18:

Do you have comprehension problem that you can’t understand what I said about “Position”?

Son no see bench for Mou XI.

Stop doing this to yourself man. Amala turning is an art. Go for a 3 year course under raumdeuter, maybe you will be good in it. For now, whack is the nearest word to describe your amala turning skills.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:
Bros go and watch old videos of Iniesta as a winger, it's like you didn't watch him during his peak.

It is only here than everyone claims they started watching ball before Nigeria’s civil war.

Even people born in the 90s. cheesy

I said you should rest!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2022
Trevor012:

Robben under Mourinho? Nah

Still better than Son under Mou.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

Still better than Son under Mou.
Stats says otherwise. Individual stats favors Son under Mourinho than Robben.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OhBritannia(m): 7:50am On Jul 05, 2022
Trevor012:

Bollocks from beginning to ending.
You are a fan of Manchester United so i understand your pain.
the way Barcelona almost made Alex Ferguson die of stroke In the Wembley stadium final versus Barcelona is still hurting you.
i am sure that's the day your erectile dysfunction started.
so i am not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:51am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

Are you okay?

Which position were you referring to here? GK?

Son no see bench for Mou XI.

Stop doing this to yourself man. Amala turning is an art. Go for a 3 year course under raumdeuter, maybe you will be good in it. For now, whack is the nearest word to describe your amala turning skills.
I said Son is x10 better than Eto as a winger.

x20, x30 and x40 better than Eto as a winger.

Stop embarrassing yourself with that screenshot, you’re making yourself look confused and naive.

Mount won UCL as a winger, maybe he’s better than Son and Mahrez as a winger too.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:
You are a fan of Manchester United so i understand your pain.
the way Barcelona almost made Alex Ferguson die of stroke In the Wembley stadium final versus Barcelona is still hurting you.
i am sure that's the day your erectile dysfunction started.
so i am not surprised.
This one has jumped to personal insults. Bro rest please cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2022
How can you watch Samuel Eto, watch Son and argue Eto being the best winger?

Another one jumped out to say Inesta was a better winger than Sterling. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2022
Unlimited22:

Abeg which eye test metric wey son use pass Eto'o?
Son is finer and fresh. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2022
A001:

While it's true that the SA women's football team have made notable advances in their game, they're not there yet.

Unlike Nigeria who have won the WAFCON nine times (the highest), SA haven't won the title at all, and they even lost the final matches at four different occasions.

Nigeria is still their oga

The earlier you start realising that the gap between Super Falcons and other women team in Africa is fast closing, the better for you.

That Bayana made 4 finals should tell you that it's a matter of time before they start winning it.

Ask yourself why Falcons haven't transfered their African dominance into the World Cup. Could it be that Africa is way below average and Nigeria is just better than them but not good enough?

Super Falcons couldn't win this Bayana team inside 90mins in the last WAFCON. They only won via PK shootout. Something that has never happened before. Bayana Bayana even won them in the group stage.

The gap is seriously closing.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OhBritannia(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2022
Unlimited22:

Abeg which eye test metric wey son use pass Eto'o?
Maybe because son looks like his favourite south korea actor.
you know all this k drama fanatics.
son has girly face, he has pink lips so he is better than Eto'e.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2022
donstan18:

I said Son is x10 better than Eto as a winger.

x20, x30 and x40 better than Eto as a winger.

Stop embarrassing yourself with that screenshot, you’re making yourself look confused and naive.

Mount won UCL as a winger, maybe he’s better than Son and Mahrez as a winger too.

The problem with you is not sticking to a conversation. Always bringing players left right center to distort a particular convo.

You started stressing "position" to make it look like Eto'o was sneaked into the XI, that Son should be there. My screenshot shows you that Eto'o actually played that wing under Mou, and considering his overall performance under Mou, should be in that XI. I even mentioned Robben ahead of Son for that position.

Don't even mention any Spurs player in Mou XI.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2022
The nigga said Eto as a winger not as a player. Eto is not a winger despite playing one season in that position so I don't understand the outrage. Son being a better winger than Eto should not be controversial. ***Better winger not player.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:07am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

The problem with you is not sticking to a conversation. Always bringing players left right center to distort a particular convo.

You started stressing "position" to make it look like Eto'o was sneaked into the XI, that Son should be there. My screenshot shows you that Eto'o actually played that wing under Mou, and considering his overall performance under Mou, should be in that XI. I even mentioned Robben ahead of Son for that position.

Don't even mention any Spurs player in Mou XI.
Eto was sneaked into that lineup because of greatness. He won’t make top 5 wingers that played for Mou.

He won’t even make top 7.

Son, anyday anytime anywhere will be ahead of Eto IN THAT POSITION.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2022
Trevor012:
The nigga said Eto as a winger not as a player. Eto is not a winger despite playing one season in that position so I don't understand the outrage. Son being a better winger than Eto should not be controversial. ***Better winger not player.

We are talking of Mou all time XI.

If Eto'o played one season as a winger under Mou, how many seasons did Son play as a winger under Mou? Are we talking of their whole careers or period under Mourinho?

What did Son achieve under Mourinho and what did Eto'o achieve under Mourinho?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2022
Eto and Inesta won’t even lace Saint-Maximin boot in that position.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:
let me tell you what you don't know about comparing footballers and how great they are.
Iniesta can play as a winger very well, during Iniesta's peak years, he was a better winger than sterling 100%, even though that is not his original position.
is it the same sterling that puts ball on motion and runs out of field of play to hit camera crews filming the football matches as if a lion is chasing him?

Ribery and Iniesta plays similar kind of football but the difference is that Ribery is faster with the ball while Iniesta is more calmer with the ball but more tactical.
but don't put sterling in their midst again, sterling is not even better than etoe as a winger.

maybe you should go and do research on what a winger is,. sterling is one of the most overrated footballers In history and it's because of the British media and over overhyping.

now when it comes to Iniesta and Ribery, the reason Iniesta is better than Ribery isn't just because of trophies, it's because while Iniesta can play Ribery's position very well, Ribery can't play Iniesta position.

A footballer isn't just limited to one position, every great footballer must be versatile and be able to adapt to different positions and still stamp his greatness.
don't ever mention sterling while mentioning great footballers again, sterling is just odion ighalo with a British birth certificate.
Okay, so what was Iniesta’s stats as a winger compared to Sterling? I want to check something.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2022
OhBritannia:

Someone here said iniesta never played as a winger for Barca, that he was number 8, that barca played two 8 and one 6 just to defend his low productivity on goals and assist. Na who we go come believe. You guys cherry pick a lot just to hide your favorites weakness.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A001: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

The earlier you start realising that the gap between Super Falcons and other women team in Africa is fast closing, the better for you.

That Bayana made 4 finals should tell you that it's a matter of time before they start winning it.

Ask yourself why Falcons haven't transfered their African dominance into the World Cup. Could it be that Africa is way below average and Nigeria is just better than them but not good enough?

Super Falcons couldn't win this Bayana team inside 90mins in the last WAFCON. They only won via PK shootout. Something that has never happened before. Bayana Bayana even won them in the group stage.

The gap is seriously closing.
The gap is closing. Agreed.

That's indisputable, especially looking at the way they outplayed Nigeria yesterday.

But Nigeria is still Africa's best female football team. The female team need to work harder in games to further consolidate their status.

If not, SA could become the numero uno in African women's football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

We are talking of Mou all time XI.

If Eto'o played one season as a winger under Mou, how many seasons did Son play as a winger under Mou? Are we talking of their whole careers or period under Mourinho?

What did Son achieve under Mourinho and what did Eto'o achieve under Mourinho?
It's about individual performance under the said coach.

Eto as a winger under Mourinho scored 16goals with 9assists.

Son best season under Mourinho had 19goals with 16assists.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2022
Sterling is obviously not overrated as a winger; I may not like his style of play and his numerous misses every now and then, but stats have shown he’s not overrated as being claimed .

The British media did not conjure those stats up , he produced them on the field helping his teams at different times to get results .

U can say he’s enjoyed the good fortune of playing in top teams ( Loserpool and man city ) , but how many top players have not enjoyed such privilege in the past . For example a Messi playing for Aston Villa will definitely not have won 7 ballon D’or .

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2022
donstan18:

Eto was sneaked into that lineup because of greatness. He won’t make top 5 wingers that played for Mou.

He won’t even make top 7.

Son, anyday anytime anywhere will be ahead of Eto IN THAT POSITION.

Let's not go too far again.

Eto'o played under Mourinho 2009-2010
Son played under Mourinho 2019-2021

Can you provide both players achievements in the period under review? Add your Mane/Salah metric while you are at it please.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2022
donstan18:
How can you watch Samuel Eto, watch Son and argue Eto being the best winger?

Another one jumped out to say Inesta was a better winger than Sterling. cheesy
People just say things out of emotion and sentiment. Iniesta better than Sterling as a winger? Where is the stat to back this claim up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:21am On Jul 05, 2022
timbros:

Let's not go too far again.

Eto'o played under Mourinho 2009-2010
Son played under Mourinho 2019-2021

Can you provide both players achievements in the period under review? Add your Mane/Salah metric while you are at it please.
Hazard played under Mou 2014/15
Pandev played under Mou 2009/10

Provide those players achievements under Mou let’s know if any reasonable person will choose Pandev ahead of Hazard in that position.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:23am On Jul 05, 2022
Messi playing for any team in England not just Aston villa would not have up to 2 player of the year award talk less of 7.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 8:23am On Jul 05, 2022
hensben:
People just say things out of emotion and sentiment. Iniesta better than Sterling as a winger? Where is the stat to back this claim up.
Immediately i saw this rubbish on that epistle, I stopped reading.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:24am On Jul 05, 2022
Trevor012:

It's about individual performance under the said coach.

Eto as a winger under Mourinho scored 16goals with 9assists.

Son best season under Mourinho had 19goals with 16assists.

We are talking of Mourinho all time XI.

This is Donstan18 few pages ago

donstan18:

Rashford, Son and Sterling will top Hazard In most EPL stats, but there’s more to football than stats, that’s why EPL version of hazard will always be better than them.

There’s a reason the most consistent club in Europe for the past 20 years signed Mane at 30.

Relax!! Mane>>> Salah

G/A doesn't work in Mourinho's all time XI. Who gave him more trophies is the question cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14666) (14667) (14668) (14669) (14670) (14671) (14672) ... (19393) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibukzy, Singapore1(m), ouzo1(m), Ijustwantto, User09, NerdSciBot, toluxe0075 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.