Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,149 members, 7,863,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10747818 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15370) (15371) (15372) (15373) (15374) (15375) (15376) ... (19423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
popizaino:

Football is not 1+1=2.

The same Pochettino who couldn't pep Guardiola with PSG beat pep Guardiola with Tottenham.........how about that?
If he could beat apari with totenham then he should have beat him with psg too. He built a good totenham team and used young players which he got credit for so why he will he stop at that if he has superior tactics? He was even destroyed 7-1 in his last season before dead barka. Tuchel at least won dfb pokal. If he goes someone better should be hired not pochettino that his biggest credit is losing a champions league final.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2022
popizaino:

You don't need to enter just accept he is tactically better Tuchel.

How is he tactically better?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2022
Trevor012:

Keep quiet. Go and pay the 60m Everton want for Gordon dry gin cheesy cheesy
How much did ajax scam you for brazilian gervinho? grin.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
nateevs:

Walahi I was expecting the first 11 to be sold after the game.

I just got to the red card incident. Naive decisions by Connor for two yellows. Based on the reactions here, I thought he was playing rubbish before he got sent off. He wasn't. On the contrary, he was brilliant and it certainly isn't his last game for Chelsea going by his general output below the sending off.
Even Kai Havertz, maligned as he is, was actually excellent in the second half when we were protecting the lead. Runs, holdup play, winning fouls and not letting the game flow, was involved in the buildup to the second goal.

Bar none, they did well especially in the second half.

Even Before Gallagher foolishly got himself sent off he was a big part of the reason Leicester couldn't get out of their own half.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
Unlimited22:

Even Kai Havertz, maligned as he is, was actually excellent in the second half when we were protecting the lead. Runs, holdup play, winning fouls and not letting the game flow, was involved in the buildup to the second goal.

Bar none, they did well especially in the second half.

Even Before Gallagher foolishly got himself sent off he was a big part of the reason Leicester couldn't get out of their own half.

Precisely. I have not seen what Havertz has done wrong. He worked extra to cover ground in the second after the tactical decision to remove Mount..... and Mount was subbed off for tactical solidity in Midfield and defence, whilst still allowing the deployment of wing backs playing with 10 men.

RLC made two mistakes - one in the first half for the missed goal, and one in the 2nd half during a counter attack - but the larger part of the game, he was stellar.

This is how the coaching team watches the games and some wonder why some players continue to play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
Just after I posted that, I see the Leicester goal was from a direct mistake by Havertz. But it was just that...a mistake. He put in a serious shift and it looked like he was tired at the point of the error.

Everybody don fall inside their camps dey support their favourites and humiliate others.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lateefGRDT(m): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
nateevs:
Just after I posted that, I see the Leicester goal was from a direct mistake by Havertz. But it was just that...a mistake. He put in a serious shift and it looked like he was tired at the point of the error.

Everybody don fall inside their camps dey support their favourites and humiliate others.
and some are still calling for that mid pochetino to replace tuchel...
Imagine poch!! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
popizaino:

Don't worry it is when Man United and Arsenal finish above you your eyes go soon clear.
We want to fight for and win titles and not fight for top 4 .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2022
Unlimited22:

Lmao
I never wán entér this argument

Them for call Ole and Rangnick join
cheesy grin cheesy grin
I no understand this sudden love for poccetino .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
I remember when he was hyping Pep back to back here until he casted by getting called out here and stopped it.

Then he went to Chelsea signing finished Marcelo and Coutinho.

Then it became Chelsea to go for Busquet to replace Jorginho.

Also grew into wanting Chelsea to be starting a 86 years old defender every game.

Switched to slandering our best talent Reece James and hyping Trent the notorious defensive liability.

Now it’s has reached the level of clamoring for us to sign Poch, a notorious bottler.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Taguchi: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2022
kingBolton:

cheesy grin cheesy grin
I no understand this sudden love for poccetino .

Tuchel is significantly better than Poch to me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2022
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 1:13pm On Aug 28, 2022
nateevs:
Couldn't watch the game yesterday. Just watching the full game and damn, sometimes you have to take the reactions in here with a pinch of salt.

15 mins and we've been absolutely top class. I mean everyone.

I am surprised how far back VAR had to come to override the penalty. Wasn't that the same thing we were asking for against Spurs (Havertz incident) and they said it was too far back?
Everyone was brilliant untill the red card, Mount and Gallagher had liecester pinned back with their pressing and as tuchel said yesterday, you can't even analyse the game in terms of tactics since we played with 10men for 60 minutes.

I actually thought the offside will be allow to ride like that of Rashford since it's was not a very clear offside.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
Taguchi:

Tuchel is significantly better than Poch to me
It's not even close. Tuchel no be poch mate
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
I don't see tuchel getting sacked sadly ,this wan wey boehly wan extend in contract

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
Just finished the 90 mins. Absolute brilliant game. Yes Leicester were wasteful in the end but Tactical master class by Tuchel, and serious spirit to fight from all the boys - 10 men down, 2-0 up, tackles flying in from Silva, Havertz, RLC, Chalobah...can't name enough.

Talks of Pochettino should die as soon as it reaches the keyboard abeg.

How anybody for get mind dey criticise Reece James after this game, I no understand. And I am sorry TAA is a good player but James be on a different level.

With James, Cucurella, RLC, Fofana and Chilwell....343 and perhaps 352 here to stay.

Overall, I am happy with what I have seen. Fight, mentality, spirit, fitness. And we still have more players to join. Looking forward to the season.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
nateevs:

I just got to the red card incident. Naive decisions by Connor for two yellows. Based on the reactions here, I thought he was playing rubbish before he got sent off. He wasn't. On the contrary, he was brilliant and it certainly isn't his last game for Chelsea going by his general output below the sending off.

grin

Some comments during the match were really outrageous.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2022
If Leicester had a competent striker yesterday and not 50yrs old Vardy, Chelsea for chop am badly. We for nor dey hear all these tactical masterclass and fighting spirit yarns grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lateefGRDT(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
Trevor012:
If Leicester had a competent striker yesterday and not 50yrs old Vardy, Chelsea for chop am badly. We for nor dey hear all these tactical masterclass and fighting spirit yarns grin grin
if...

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
Trevor012:
all this tears are not necessary

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

What is the essence of having tactics if it's not to compete and win trophies? We know tuchel has been clueless severally after winning the champions league as an underdog but pochettino has failed as both an underdog and overdog if there is something called that. Pochettino was fighting leceister for premier league in 2016 and bottled it. He did well to go to champions league final and didn't really do well to equalize. I'm sure if salah didn't score that early pk Klopp will have destroyed him. The next year he turned totenham to a midtable team before he was sacked. We should get somebody better to replace tuchel not pochettino with his so called superior tactics.

Smh!

What is all this one of way seeing football?

Mourinho got knocked out by liverpool on two different occasions to reach the UCL finals but a coaching nonenetity like Avram Grant defeated this same liverpool to reach the UCL final, if you cannot see Mourinho's surperior tactics even in the two defeats to liverpool then let me join you to rate Avram Grant above Mourinho for making the UCL finals Mourinho couldn't make.

Secondly, Leicester city winning the EPL 2016 does not prove anything on Pochettino. He did not bottle anything,infact just like Leicester city who over achieved by being the champion,Pochettino equally over achieved by making second position with Tottenham. You and every other book-makers in this world would have written off Tottenham to even make top 4 in a league that had man city,chelsea,man united,liverpool talk more of being the 2nd before the season started,so tell me how someone who exceeded expectations is a bottler? Do you know the meaning at all ?

If Sarri and other clueless manager could win trophy at Chelsea na Pochettino no go come win ?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
all this tears are not necessary
lmao super Gremlin.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
nateevs:

I just got to the red card incident. Naive decisions by Connor for two yellows. Based on the reactions here, I thought he was playing rubbish before he got sent off. He wasn't. On the contrary, he was brilliant and it certainly isn't his last game for Chelsea going by his general output before the sending off.

Pls @Nateev quote those comments.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

If he could beat apari with totenham then he should have beat him with psg too. He built a good totenham team and used young players which he got credit for so why he will he stop at that if he has superior tactics? He was even destroyed 7-1 in his last season before dead barka. Tuchel at least won dfb pokal. If he goes someone better should be hired not pochettino that his biggest credit is losing a champions league final.

He got destroyed by dead Barca right ?

He defeated a superior real Madrid.......how about that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
OVA200:
How is he tactically better?

He has several means of devising a means of scoring and his team could be down with 3 goals in 80mins and you still very certain of equalizing. Woe betide us to go 2 goals behind under Tuchel and you will see how vulnerable we will become.

I know some shallow human being are about to tell me about liverpool match last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2022
kingBolton:

We want to fight for and win titles and not fight for top 4 .

Ok......how many times have you fight for title under Tuchel ?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
popizaino:

He has several means of devising a means of scoring and his team could be down with 3 goals in 80mins and you still very certain of equalizing. Woe betide us to go 2 goals behind under Tuchel and you will see how vulnerable we will become.

I know some shallow human being are about to tell me about liverpool match last season.
Is this all about being tactical to you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
popizaino:

Ok......how many times have you fight for title under Tuchel ?
We have won trophies under him, what was poch achievement at spurs? Make top 4 every season ?
We don't want a bottler at Chelsea please. He can go and join Aston villa or Everton when they sack their managers.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

How many points were lille using to lead psg when tuchel was sacked? Was it 10 or 15? Did he not lose the league on the last game day to lille? Pochettino laboured to beat bayern without lewadoski over two legs using away goals. They went to semifinals and didn't even give apari much problems with his quality team. But tuchel shut down apari with one of the weakest teams in the competition. The next season was even worse with him bottling 2-0 to real Madrid that looked finished. Tuchel almost came back from 3-1 down to beat them if not for that modric genuis. Pochettino that parks the bus plenty times against big teams is the one with better attacking tactics and he could not win one cup with it before psg. grin.
I never discussed who I preferred or who was better.

The facts are, TT has no history of being a better attacking coach than Pochettino. Espanyol, Southampton, Tottenham and PSG have proven this.

TT was 3rd with PSG when he was fired, Poch took over that team and finished 2nd. Then won the same trophies TT won there the next season.

Poch had 86 points to Conté's 93 in 2016-17 when Tottenham were 2nd in the league. Tottenham scored the most goals that season. Poch is the only other manager who finished above Pep and Klopp apart from Conté - in the same season. Can you swear on your life that TT will achieve it?

The Bayern that Poch beat is still the same Bayern that beat TT in that final. Coached by Hansi Flick. If Lewa's absence is key for Bayern how did Poch fair without Kane?

Poch's PSG led City and were better in the first half. City came back courtesy a serendipitous cross by KdB and Mahrez freekick that snuck passed the wall. City only got comfy after the lead.

I can downplay any TT achievement if we are to play that game. I can show that his PSG only beat ninnies during the COVID-19 UCL season and that the performances were scrappy and unconvincing. They needed some heroics to beat freaking Atalanta. I can add that RDM did a harder job in winning the UCL in 2012 with Chelsea than TT in 2021.

You are giving excuses for TT losing to RM but blaming Poch for his players collapsing from a winning position when both teams did same. Chelsea leading 3-0 which team was going through then?

I like both Managers but facts are stubborn.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kantebets(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Android22:
I never discussed who I preferred or who was better.

The facts are, TT has no history of being a better attacking coach than Pochettino. Espanyol, Southampton, Tottenham and PSG have proven this.

TT was 3rd with PSG when he was fired, Poch took over that team and finished 2nd. Then won the same trophies TT won there the next season.

Poch had 86 points to Conté's 93 in 2016-17 when Tottenham were 2nd in the league. Tottenham scored the most goals that season. Poch is the only other manager who finished above Pep and Klopp apart from Conté - in the same season. Can you swear on your life that TT will achieve it?

The Bayern that Poch beat is still the same Bayern that beat TT in that final. Coached by Hansi Flick. If Lewa's absence is key for Bayern how did Poch fair without Kane?

Poch's PSG led City and were better in the first half. City came back courtesy a serendipitous cross by KdB and Mahrez freekick that snuck passed the wall. City only got comfy after the lead.

I can downplay any TT achievement if we are to play that game. I can show that his PSG only beat ninnies during the COVID-19 UCL season and that the performances were scrappy and unconvincing. They needed some heroics to beat freaking Atalanta. I can add that RDM did a harder job in winning the UCL in 2012 with Chelsea than TT in 2021.

You are giving excuses for TT losing to RM but blaming Poch for his players collapsing from a winning position when both teams did same. Chelsea leading 3-0 which team was going through then?

I like both Managers but facts are stubborn.

Tuchel was sacked in December 2020 just on point behind the first spot

He was sacked because he had issues with his superiors

Get your facts right please

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
this is why I hate stupid arguments , now someone is claiming pochettino is better than tuchel .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
this is why I hate stupid arguments , now someone is claiming pochettino is better than tuchel .
Just ignore. Their is no metric, facts or stats that makes pochettino a better manager than Tuchel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15370) (15371) (15372) (15373) (15374) (15375) (15376) ... (19423) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), Realtord43, Jamiuokolla, Godstime001 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.