Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (18900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10549661 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18897) (18898) (18899) (18900) (18901) (18902) (18903) ... (19177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:30pm On Mar 26
Standing ovation for Lamine yamal at the bernabeu 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kid just need to be protected and that’s all

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:30pm On Mar 26
Poland are going to the Euros.

Defeated Wales in their backyard in PK shootout. Dan James with the miss.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:31pm On Mar 26
airmark:

If Sterling and Philips could win an award that Foden hasn't won at 23 that Kane won it, then he is not him.

You are even dancing up and down because of an u17 award that one Sani Emmanuel won. You are shameless.
Kane was Epl golden boot winner at 23. List any individual award won by Foden at 23 in Epl.
What about being the PFA and EPL Young player of the year BACK TO BACK?

Hope you know this implies not just better than players from England but all players in and around the same age playing in England.

Kane won it ONCE. Foden TWICE.

Airhead.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:32pm On Mar 26
fredoooooo:

World best British abi Britico ni, let him win trophies first before you call him world best, for now he's a top player and not the world best player.

WORLD'S BEST!. His performances since He signed for Madrid dragging them kicking and screaming has already shown that. If Madrid and England fail to win anything,it'll be because of the performances of the other players not Him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 11:32pm On Mar 26
fredoooooo:
Vini talks too much ..Gosh

Na small thing you see Today,because na just friendly

Dude provokes opponent for a living

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:33pm On Mar 26
Android17:
Are we giving Messi credit for 2006 UCL? grin

Please look at Messi's numbers in 2006 and 2007 before Pep and see if you can reconcile that with his numbers in 2008.

Nah. Not credit. He was there in 2006 but the team wasn’t built around him.

By 2007 his numbers were becoming consistent and when Pep joined in 2008, building around him was a no brainer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:34pm On Mar 26
Leyqute:
Poland are going to the Euros.

Defeated Wales in their backyard in PK shootout. Dan James with the miss.

Good. I prefer for Poland to qualify.

Poor Dan James, being the only one to miss in a shootout must be gut wrenching.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:38pm On Mar 26
Leyqute:

Nah. Not credit. He was there in 2006 but the team wasn’t built around him.

By 2007 his numbers were becoming consistent and when Pep joined in 2008, building around him was a no brainer.

Aha! Only problem is this is not true in any way. This was Messi's numbers in 2007/08 before Pep.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:41pm On Mar 26
forgiveness:

What brings a player individual accomplishment? Lamba!?? Kkkk

You're very funny. grin
If I tell you talent volume you start asking why Foden has not won EPL player of the season award.

What is EPL player of the year if not an individual accomplishment?

Again I ask, do you even understand what is being discussed?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:42pm On Mar 26
forgiveness:

If you don't know, ask. This is not about thinking but pure verified facts.

The data will also show you how it was scored. Understand? grin

See how he scored. Does it look like pk? grin
Who is playing LW in that picture you uploaded? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:47pm On Mar 26
Android17:
Aha! Only problem is this is not true in any way. This was Messi's numbers in 2007/08 before Pep.

29 goal contributions in 40 games being coached by a finished Frank Rijkaard is moin moin?

How many goal contributions does your Foden have?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:53pm On Mar 26
Leyqute:
29 goal contributions in 40 games being coached by a finished Frank Rijkaard is moin moin?
12months later Messi was dropping almost 60 G +A

Messi and Foden no get the same talent nor ability. Actually no one in football for the past 20yrs have close to 60% of Messi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 11:54pm On Mar 26
Leyqute:

16 goals and 13 assists does not justify being placed over Ronaldinho and Etoo the latter who scored more than Messi in less games.

It was Pep who knew that Messi could score and assist a lot more if used rightly. He built the team around him and made sure he got the ball at moments he could do the most damage and then Messi became a 50-goal a season player.

Foden has 28 G+A this season already. Same number as Jude Bellingham by the way but one of them has played as a striker for most of the season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26
raumdeuter:

Messi and Foden no get the same talent nor ability. Actually no one in football for the past 20yrs have close to 60% of Messi

I don’t know what Android is trying to prove.

Messi under a finished Rijkaard had those numbers. And his talent was there to see. Foden doesn’t score goals by himself or create chances consistently for others around him. He pales in comparison but you want a national team to be built around him.

Na me kuku allow am suck me into this argument.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by USAfall2024: 12:01am On Mar 27
Android17:
Messi did not show any consistency when Pep had announced that the team will be built around him.

Zidane has never been consistent in his life.

A manager just has to believe in a player and deploy how to maximize him by signing players that complement him and using the formation that helps said player express himself.

Zlatan vs Pep issue comes to mind here.

@the bolded: Messi finished 2nd in 2007 FIFA World Best voting. He came 2nd again in 2008 based on his 2007/08 performance. This was before Guardiola became Barca coach. Bros abeg stop yarning nonsense grin
The Zidane take is so off-point that it doesn't deserve a response.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 12:03am On Mar 27
Android17:
16 goals and 13 assists does not justify being placed over Ronaldinho and Etoo the latter who scored more than Messi in less games.

It was Pep who knew that Messi could score and assist a lot more if used rightly. He built the team around him and made sure he got the ball at moments he could do the most damage and then Messi became a 50-goal a season player.

Foden has 28 G+A this season already. Same number as Jude Bellingham by the way but one of them has played as a striker for most of the season.

But Phil Foden played 42 games for his 28 G+A in a team that just won the trebble. You can’t compare that to what Messi did in 2008.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 12:05am On Mar 27
USAfall2024:

@the bolded: Messi finished 2nd in 2007 FIFA World Best voting. He came 2nd again in 2008 based on his 2007/08 performance. This was before Guardiola became Barca coach. Bros abeg stop yarning nonsense grin
I assume you were going to make a point at the end of this but you must have forgotten to.

I can point out your folly if you need me to, game?

Messi was FIFA best last year 2023. Did you agree with it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 12:06am On Mar 27
USAfall2024:

The Zidane take is so off-point that it doesn't deserve a response.
What is off point about it? Before I accuse you of not knowing what it means to be off point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 12:10am On Mar 27
Leyqute:

But Phil Foden played 42 games for his 28 G+A in a team that just won the trebble. You can’t compare that to what Messi did in 2008.
First, I'm not comparing it to Messi. I am showing you those numbers were not otherworldly or fantastic. So no, it was not numbers that prompted Pep to build around Messi. It was talent quantity. Messi was just too talented to be used as only a winger.

I compared Foden's numbers to Jude's. Somehow one is not consistent even though his best games have come as a 10 while the other is best player in the world even though his numbers are from playing in a more advanced position- and in a significantly weaker league.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by USAfall2024: 12:11am On Mar 27
Android17:
I assume you were going to make a point at the end of this but you must have forgotten to.

I can point out your folly if you need me to, game?

Messi was FIFA best last year 2023. Did you agree with it?

Let your Foden get a FIFA or Balon D'or podium finish before we start any conversation on him being a top player. Foden hasn't done shit to deserve building a whole England National team around him. Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane were all top 3-5 players in the world before they had super teams built around them. Foden needs to do much more before he can get such perks!

Even KDB had to force his way to be City's main man under Pep. He wasn't given on platter. I don't have any argument with you bro. I just wanted to clear you on this fact: Foden isn't shit until he proves it!

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 12:18am On Mar 27
USAfall2024:

Let your Foden get a FIFA or Balon D'or podium finish before we start any conversation on him being a top player. Foden hasn't done shit to deserve building a whole England National team around him. Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane were all top 3-5 players in the world before they had super teams built around them. Foden needs to do much more before he can get such perks!

Even KDB had to force his way to be City's main man under Pep. He wasn't given on platter. I don't have any argument with you bro. I just wanted to clear you on this fact: Foden isn't shit until he proves it!
Where is Jude's podium finish? Kane's nko?

Take note: I never called Foden the best player in the world or anything like that. I am strictly discussing his talent quantity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 12:56am On Mar 27
Kobbie Mainoo MoTM

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:16am On Mar 27
Leyqute:
Kobbie Mainoo MoTM

English media about to finish us with hype.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:20am On Mar 27
hensben:
Cr7 should retire, he is disrupting Portuguese synergy to play as a team.

Shey I talk am here recently and e be like say I Dey troll ,they better sack that fraud from their national team for their own good
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:20am On Mar 27
Android17:
What about being the PFA and EPL Young player of the year BACK TO BACK?

Hope you know this implies not just better than players from England but all players in and around the same age playing in England.

Kane won it ONCE. Foden TWICE.

Airhead.

Before 24, Kane had won 2 Epl golden boots. This implies that he had a better scoring ability than even older players in the Epl, twice. But Foden was only better than his agemates in Epl. Well, I don't expect you to understand the sharp difference in quality between the golden boot award and young player award. Young player award that mediocres like Bellamy, Parker, Young etc. won? You be mumu.

Foden, who has never been the best in his wing, in the whole of Manchester, you are comparing to Kane who at 23, outscored Diego Costa, Zlatan, Aguero, Alexis Sanchez. You dey mad?

Mr. 'Tallness is a talent', it seems you have eternal problem with the word, talent, and only God can help you. If Kane was beating both the young and old to winning Epl golden boots at 23, what did Foden beat everyone to, at 23?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android17: 5:35am On Mar 27
airmark:

Before 24, Kane had won 2 Epl golden boots. This implies that he had a better scoring ability than even older players in the Epl, twice. But Foden was only better than his agemates in Epl. Well, I don't expect you to understand the sharp difference in quality between the golden boot award and young player award. Young player award that mediocres like Bellamy, Parker, Young etc. won? You be mumu.

Foden, who has never been the best in his wing, in the whole of Manchester, you are comparing to Kane who at 23, outscored Diego Costa, Zlatan, Aguero, Alexis Sanchez. You dey mad?

Mr. 'Tallness is a talent', it seems you have eternal problem with the word, talent, and only God can help you. If Kane was beating both the young and old to winning Epl golden boots at 23, what did Foden beat everyone to, at 23?

Lack of education is not an excuse. A player can score 17 goals and win the golden boot. It is always relative to others which is why winning it does not always translate to being best player in the league of any category.

You seem to be grappling with quantitative reasoning which is why I suspect you have never been formally introduced to an organized way of learning.

Foden was judged best young player (not best midfielder). Player there means regardless of the other positions- young defender, striker etc. Foden was adjudged the best. Not once but twice and BACK to BACK like Drake's diss for Meek Mill.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:01am On Mar 27
Nah I've just seen one of the funniest things ever. Nico Gonzalez was played through on goal for Argentina and he dinked the ball past the keeper, and the ball was headed goalwards. But instead of making sure the ball ended up in the net (knowing an opponent was chasing him down) he was jogging away like a boss, and the opponent swooped in and cleared from right under his nose.

The guy no believe e eyes grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 7:05am On Mar 27
fredoooooo:
Vini talks too much ..Gosh
He is problematic and nobody wants to tell him.

Everything is fight and activism to him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:11am On Mar 27
Android17:
Lack of education is not an excuse. A player can score 17 goals and win the golden boot. It is always relative to others which is why winning it does not always translate to being best player in the league of any category.

Kane before 24, won 2 golden boots in Epl. Before 24, was Foden the best assister in the league, since we know he lacks scoring ability of Kane's? In fact, what did he do best in the league before 24?

Android17:

Foden was judged best young player (not best midfielder). Player there means regardless of the other positions- young defender, striker etc. Foden was adjudged the best. Not once but twice and BACK to BACK like Drake's diss for Meek Mill.

Bellamy, Ashley Young, Milner and other mediocres have won the same award you are bringing out your hometown masquerades, for. In fact Harry Kane won it and quickly moved to winning bigger things like World top best scorer award. Foden is not even the best feel in Manchester.

Palmer may even have more assists by the end of this season, than your shakushaku Foden.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 7:13am On Mar 27
Una get strength .
You can't detect troll?

Someone has compared Foden to Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney Kane, zidane and others and you folks are still responding to him lol.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by akwesenana: 7:14am On Mar 27
Can una stop to dey engage this guy, abeg? If he feels Foden is better than Kane, KDB, Bellingham and Saka put together, let him be, please. It's getting disgusting at this point.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:01am On Mar 27
raumdeuter:

Trevor012, surely this statement can't be true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18897) (18898) (18899) (18900) (18901) (18902) (18903) ... (19177) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.