Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,865 members, 7,841,247 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10647816 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19210) (19211) (19212) (19213) (19214) (19215) (19216) ... (19299) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:39pm On May 12
forgiveness:

League title, oga but not with Jackson. We need 2 or at least one more deadly and experience striker.

We no be midtable team.

Unfortunately, that's how the board, unlimited22 and others see us now.

They even want Nkunku to be our top 9, someone that played just 2 league matches for Leipzig in his last season in Germany as CF.

I don't know how and when the standard fell this badly. angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:44pm On May 12
forgiveness:

Oga, Jackson try but because of him we are where we are now on the league if you consider the crucial missed chances.

Chelsea needs to add 1 or 2 strikers to compete against big teams.

Stop yarning dust.

If Chelsea defence did not concede a record number of goals in a season, we won't be where we are today.

Do you know how many points we dropped from winning positions? Arsenal just kept their 11th clean sheet of the season. Do you think they will be where they are today if they were conceding needless goals here and there even when their strikers are scoring goals?

Jackson needs to improve, yes. But is he the reason we are where we are today? Capital NO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:45pm On May 12
timbros:

Stop doing this to yourself man! Is it old age or what?

Our last 3 Epl title wins, we had more than 2 natural CFs in the teams. If injury happened to one, 2 quality strikers were ready to come on. But see this season, we have only Jackson (not even Chelsea's standard) as our CF.

Rest.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:50pm On May 12
Kendry Paez, off the bench and onto the score sheet for Independiente, as he converts a penalty to draw them level late in the game.

Moments later, he assists the winner.

Star boy cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:50pm On May 12
airmark:

Our last 3 Epl title wins, we had more than 2 natural CFs in the teams. But see this season, we have only Jackson as our CF.

Rest.

Is this why you added Shevchenko to our strikers in 2009/10 and Loic Remy to our 2016/17 winning teams?

Why lie to make a supposed point?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:51pm On May 12
timbros:

Is this why you added Shevchenko to our strikers in 2009/10 and Loic Remy to our 2016/17 winning teams?

Why lie to make a supposed point?

FA and Chelsea registered Shevy in our squad of 2009/2010. Face the point raised and rest.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:55pm On May 12
airmark:

Our last 3 Epl title wins, we had more than 2 natural CFs in the teams. If injury happened to one, 2 quality strikers were ready to come on. But see this season, we have only Jackson (not even Chelsea's standard) as our CF.

Rest.
We need a quality CF to compete with Jackson, signing the likes of shevy, crespo made Drogba to sit tight. We need a competent CB too, I don’t trust Spaniard in CB I would’ve suggest Real Madrid Nacho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:57pm On May 12
timbros:

Stop yarning dust.

If Chelsea defence did not concede a record number of goals in a season, we won't be where we are today.

Do you know how many points we dropped from winning positions? Arsenal just kept their 11th clean sheet of the season. Do you think they will be where they are today if they were conceding needless goals here and there even when their strikers are scoring goals?

Jackson needs to improve, yes. But is he the reason we are where we are today? Capital NO!

One of the major reason.

We should be Champions of Caraba cup by now if he didn't miss. And in FA cup finals if he had scored.

Won Arsenal and Mancity if he didn't miss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:59pm On May 12
airmark:

Unfortunately, that's how the board, unlimited22 and others see us now.

They even want Nkunku to be our top 9, someone that played just 2 league matches for Leipzig in his last season in Germany as CF.

I don't know how and when the standard fell this badly. angry

They might be Arsenal fans. grin

Nkunku ko nkwobi ni. This is hilarious. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:00pm On May 12
airmark:

FA and Chelsea registered Shevy in our squad of 2009/2010. Face the point raised and rest.

Since he was registered, where is his winners medal?

Can you show us a picture of him celebrating with the team, lifting the trophy?

Your problem is not accepting your goof.

Season started but transfer window is not closed yet. Shevchenko managed to make bench in second game of the season, a match Chelsea won Sunderland 3-1. In the 86th minute, Sheva was brought in. So he basically played 4 minutes in that match. Few days later, he departed to Dynamo Kyiv.

Because of agenda, airmark felt Shevchenko should be named as one of strikers Chelsea used to win EPL in 2009/10. Continue.

Even the Sturridge you added there scored just a solitary league goal that season. Our main attackers that season was Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Malouda.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:00pm On May 12
timbros:

Stop yarning dust.

I am in no way exonerating Defense.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:02pm On May 12
forgiveness:

One of the major reason.

We should be Champions of Caraba cup by now if he didn't miss. And in FA cup finals if he had scored.

Won Arsenal and Mancity if he didn't miss.

Could be argued too that Chelsea would have won Carabao Cup if the defence was more tight. VVD scored from a set piece, VAR came to our rescue. Same VVD scored from set-piece again deep into extra time. Which kind of defence is that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:05pm On May 12
timbros:

Could be argued too that Chelsea would have won Carabao Cup if the defence was more tight. VVD scored from a set piece, VAR came to our rescue. Same VVD scored from set-piece again deep into extra time. Which kind of defence is that?

What about if he had scored those missed chances? The score could had been 2:1 in favour of Chelsea. cheesy

Mo we talk true.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:06pm On May 12
forgiveness:

I am in no way exonerating Defense.

Neither am I hailing Jackson as the best thing after slice bread.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:07pm On May 12
forgiveness:

What about if he had scored those missed chances? The score could had been 2:1 in favour of Chelsea. cheesy

Mo we talk true.

Should we go into the "if" path?

I can play that game very very well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:07pm On May 12
timbros:

Neither am I hailing Jackson as the best thing after slice bread.

Let us both agree that both department needs to be strengthened. Gbam
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 9:09pm On May 12
Atalanta are pressing Roma real bad. Chance after chance after chance, but the finishing is letting them down.

And now Roma have been awarded a penalty, which they convert. Game on, and fresh nerves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:10pm On May 12
timbros:

Should we go into the "if" path?

I can play that game very very well.

No waste your time. We need to strengthen both defense and attack.

Mind you, defense needs to be strengthened because of how Poch set up his team.

Those defenders might be good under another coach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:12pm On May 12
forgiveness:

Let us both agree that both department needs to be strengthened. Gbam

If you have been following my posts here, you will know this has been my stand since.

Score more, concede less. Balance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:15pm On May 12
forgiveness:

No waste your time. We need to strengthen both defense and attack.

Mind you, defense needs to be strengthened because of how Poch set up his team.

Those defenders might be good under another coach.

And the attackers too.

I don't know who are the personnels in our medical team, but they need to be reshuffled badly. Our injury record is nothing to write home about. And the rate these injured guys relapse is a big cause of concern.

These are some of the things that can improve a team. Not only buy buy buy buy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:17pm On May 12
timbros:

And the attackers too.

I don't know who are the personnels in our medical team, but they need to be reshuffled badly. Our injury record is nothing to write home about. And the rate these injured guys relapse is a big cause of concern.

Sure but I no know about Jackson missing chances. That one na instinct or experience wey em lack. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:20pm On May 12
forgiveness:

Sure but I know about Jackson missing chances. That one na instinct or experience wey em lack. grin

Confidence issue.

Dude is just 22, abi 23. I'm positive he will come good.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:21pm On May 12
timbros:

Confidence issue.

Boss How old is palmer?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:23pm On May 12
timbros:

And the attackers too.

This is another major reason why I'm on the attack is a bigger problem crew.
With the likes of captain James, fofana, Silva, Colwill injured frequently compared to our front men.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:24pm On May 12
timbros:

Confidence issue.

Confidence!!!? I don't think so. The dude has strong mentality and confidence but his decision making is average.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:25pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

This is another major reason why I'm on the attack is a bigger problem crew.
With the likes of captain James, fofana, Silva, Colwill injured frequently compared to our front men.

Don't forget Nkunku, Carney, even Madueke.

James and Chilwell form a big part of our attack too, remember.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:25pm On May 12
Parizz:
when are you selling madueke to jodera
Wetin we wan use am do?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:26pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

Boss How old is palmer?

Must everybody of the same age act exactly the same way?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:27pm On May 12
forgiveness:

So, tactical problem made Jackson to miss 22 chances, abi?

This one is above you Alhaji. Go and check striker conversion rate for the PL this season. Nicholas Jackson is sitting pretty at no 13. Higher than all your household names include Haaland.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:29pm On May 12
forgiveness:

Confidence!!!? I don't think so. The dude has strong mentality and confidence but his decision making is average.

His output have shown he's had an okay season. Nothing spectacular, but not poor the way people try to make it look.

Jackson have outscored Drogba's first season both in the league and total in all competitions. Make una free the guy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:29pm On May 12
timbros:

Since he was registered, where is his winners medal?

Can you show us a picture of him celebrating with the team, lifting the trophy?

Your problem is not accepting your goof.

Season started but transfer window is not closed yet. Shevchenko managed to make bench in second game of the season, a match Chelsea won Sunderland 3-1. In the 86th minute, Sheva was brought in. So he basically played 4 minutes in that match. Few days later, he departed to Dynamo Kyiv.

Because of agenda, airmark felt Shevchenko should be named as one of strikers Chelsea used to win EPL in 2009/10. Continue.

Even the Sturridge you added there scored just a solitary league goal that season. Our main attackers that season was Drogba, Anelka, Kalou and Malouda.

Chai, you are beyond repair.

Because of your busybody, you didn't understand the point I was driving at, before jumping into what didn't concern you.

Chelsea of those years, prepared 4 CFs for the season, so they wouldn't get caught napping with injuries during the season. Why can't we do such when Man City, have 2 solid CFs and over the years they have been the team to beat?.

Must one spoon-feed you before you could understand simple stuff?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:30pm On May 12
nateevs:

This one is above you Alhaji. Go and check striker conversion rate for the PL this season. Nicholas Jackson is sitting pretty at no 13. Higher than all your household names include Haaland.

I nobi Alhaji, oga. He should be higher there but point remains Chelsea must get a striker. Shikena.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19210) (19211) (19212) (19213) (19214) (19215) (19216) ... (19299) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nateevs(m), chic2pimp(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.