Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,777 members, 7,841,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10646437 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19211) (19212) (19213) (19214) (19215) (19216) (19217) ... (19298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:32pm On May 12
timbros:

Must everybody of the same age act exactly the same way?
That's why age is not an excuse in this problem. Who don good don good.
A starting striker for the biggest club in London cannot be missing 1v1s frequently or be missing in the biggest of games. If we were in the champions league and we struggle to enter final then Jackson starts misbehaving like in the domestic cups how many fans would still plead patience with him? No matter how good you are in link up football, pace, dribbling, positioning, movement once fans start questioning your finishing as a striker you know something is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 9:32pm On May 12
timbros:

His output have shown he's had an okay season. Nothing spectacular, but not poor the way people try to make it look.

Jackson have outscored Drogba's first season both in the league and total in all competitions. Make una free the guy.

No disputing his input. Nevertheless, Chelsea must get an additional striker next season. Opari.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:33pm On May 12
timbros:

Confidence issue.

Dude is just 22, abi 23. I'm positive he will come good.

Jackson's father, tell your son to go on loan and come good. Colwill, James, Gallagher all went on loan before they came good and they got their shirts.

Chelsea is not a team to be experimenting. We need results. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:33pm On May 12
timbros:

His output have shown he's had an okay season. Nothing spectacular, but not poor the way people try to make it look.

Jackson have outscored Drogba's first season both in the league and total in all competitions. Make una free the guy.
Drogba truly didn't score much but he mostly turned up in the biggest of games for a more defensive Chelsea team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 9:34pm On May 12
Shegzdave:
Itsr.m
You lease help us check if Arsenal has dropped points against the scummies.

Bad belle Dey give ulcer
Chillax, I deh wait till Everton match cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SCOOPERJEF(m): 9:34pm On May 12
Kimbeast:

Jackson is not your problem. 14goals and 5 assist in his first season is a brilliant return. Man city were winning league titles without a top striker, Madrid are league champions without a top striker. Arsenal with havertz who has less league goals than Jackson are competing for the league. Tell me the striker you want Chelsea to buy that will guarantee 20league goals.
osimhen first toney 2nd gyokeres in that order...and I hope we get proper striker so Jackson can stay as a replacement...we were here when morata did us dirty but we still some how qualify for Europe because eden and Pedro was was our other supply for goals but as it a stands only palmer is the head of that attack and we don't know how long nkuku can stay away from injury... So we need a proper cf...if not we will be here when the curses will rain on top Jacksons head and the defense still need to be sorted too but the cf position should be the top most priority...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:38pm On May 12
nateevs:

This one is above you Alhaji. Go and check striker conversion rate for the PL this season. Nicholas Jackson is sitting pretty at no 13. Higher than all your household names include Haaland.

actually if you remove places like Nkunku who have two fee starts and are high up the list, 8th of you do players with 10+ starts, 4th if its 20+ starts and 2nd only to Isak if you consider only strikers that played much this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:38pm On May 12
airmark:

Chai, you are beyond repair.

Because of your busybody, you didn't understand the point I was driving at, before jumping into what didn't concern you.

Chelsea of those years, prepared 4 CFs for the season, so they wouldn't get caught napping with injuries during the season. Why can't we do such when Man City, have 2 solid CFs and over the years they have been the team to beat.

Must one spoon-feed you before you could understand simple stuff?

And I am here proving it to you that it's a lie. A big fat one. Three strikers, yes. And the third one is always either an academy player promoted or a young striker. E.g Sturridge in that 2009/10 squad or Solanke in the 2016/17 squad. Every big team have basically 2 CFs plus a young striker or academy graduate.

What do you need four CFs for?

Drogba and Anelka played majorly, same with Costa and Batsman....

Shevchenko became surplus to requirement. Chelsea never prepared him for the season. He was let go. Ditto Loic Remy.

At no time did Chelsea prepare 4 CFs for the season. To do what exactly?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 9:39pm On May 12
Atalanta with one of the most wasteful performances I've seen this season.

They're lucky they were able to hold on for the win.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:40pm On May 12
timbros:

Don't forget Nkunku, Carney, even Madueke.

James and Chilwell form a big part of our attack too, remember.
Even without nkunku, Carney, madueke James and chilwell we still created numerous chances that were begging to be put away. For Jackson to even be in double digits despite the chances he missed bear facts.
But when you have Silva, your captain and best rb who's also one of your best defenders and fofana out before season starts making you to play tower of babel twins abi how ibimee dey call them. Remember gbanchez was also costing us with his selling match abilities at a point too before Petrovic came in and cast him to the bench.
Our defense was still decent last season even in 10th compared to the attack which we complained about since last year before these past few weeks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:41pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

That's why age is not an excuse in this problem. Who don good don good.
A starting striker for the biggest club in London cannot be missing 1v1s frequently or be missing in the biggest of games. If we were in the champions league and we struggle to enter final then Jackson starts misbehaving like in the domestic cups how many fans would still plead patience with him? No matter how good you are in link up football, pace, dribbling, positioning, movement once fans start questioning your finishing as a striker you know something is wrong.

I'm sure you know what "late bloomer" means..

Not everyone start cooking at the same age.

Zidane is a typical example of late bloomer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:43pm On May 12
airmark:

Jackson's father, tell your son to go on loan and come good. Colwill, James, Gallagher all went on loan before they came good and they got their shirts.

Chelsea is not a team to be experimenting. We need results. angry

If you don't know the difference between those names you listed and Jackson, I don't know what else to tell you.

How much did we sign James? Gallagher? Colwill?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:44pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

Drogba truly didn't score much but he mostly turned up in the biggest of games for a more defensive Chelsea team.

In his first season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 9:45pm On May 12
Kendry Paez with a goal and an assist today in 30 minutes to help his side win 2-1 🥶

STAR BOY 🌟

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:46pm On May 12
timbros:

I'm sure you know what "late bloomer" means..

Not everyone start cooking at the same age.

Zidane is a typical example of late bloomer.
Boss the suffering don taya me.
No be for my club person wey wan bloom late go do late bloomer when we need results sharp. We are not evening newspaper FC.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:47pm On May 12
Vischy:
Kendry Paez with a goal and an assist today in 30 minutes to help his side win 2-1 🥶

STAR BOY 🌟
This boy is giving me generational talent vibes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shegzdave: 9:48pm On May 12
Jodera:

Chillax, I deh wait till Everton match cheesy
Okay Chief grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:48pm On May 12
For three years now, airmark never give us belotti alert

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:48pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

Even without nkunku, Carney, madueke James and chilwell we still created numerous chances that were begging to be put away. For Jackson to even be in double digits despite the chances he missed bear facts.
But when you have Silva, your captain and best rb who's also one of your best defenders and fofana out before season starts making you to play tower of babel twins abi how ibimee dey call them. Remember gbanchez was also costing us with his selling match abilities at a point too before Petrovic came in and cast him to the bench.
Our defense was still decent last season even in 10th compared to the attack which we complained about since last year before these past few weeks.

Again, Jackson is not the only striker who miss chances.

Are you telling me that it's Fofana James and Colwill that will help you keep clean sheets that will improve the defence?

If our defence was decent last season, what is the situation this season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:50pm On May 12
timbros:

In his first season?
Oya you don catch me for that one. But the facts still remains Jackson needs to work on his shooting to be taken more seriously in his career. And we also need a new striker to give him competition.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:51pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

Boss the suffering don taya me.
No be for my club person wey wan bloom late go do late bloomer when we need results sharp. We are not evening newspaper FC.

I never said he is a late bloomer biko. Before that will become the talk here now.

I'm just giving example that you don't expect everybody to develop and start cooking at exactly the same time. Next season might be his season and you will be here apologising the way you did for Palmer.

Calm down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 9:51pm On May 12
Vischy:

STAR BOY 🌟
my boy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:52pm On May 12
timbros:

And I am here proving it to you that it's a lie. A big fat one. Three strikers, yes. And the third one is always either an academy player promoted or a young striker. E.g Sturridge in that 2009/10 squad or Solanke in the 2016/17 squad. Every big team have basically 2 CFs plus a young striker or academy graduate.

What's your point now, when I asked Chelsea to get 2 CFs next season and that's what Unlimited22 is against?

timbros:

Shevchenko became surplus to requirement. Chelsea never prepared him for the season. He was let go. Ditto Loic Remy.

At no time did Chelsea prepare 4 CFs for the season. To do what exactly?

Did they register Shevy for Epl 2009/2010 season. Yes or No?

You are beyond repair.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:52pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

Oya you don catch me for that one. But the facts still remains Jackson needs to work on his shooting to be taken more seriously in his career. And we also need a new striker to give him competition.

I couldn't have agreed more.

Pure facts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:53pm On May 12
Even if Jackson scored 30goals some go still complain.

Chelsea sha need another CF, incase Jackson gets injured, is tired not in form or the mood. Some times Jackson is amazing and some times he isn't. But what options does Poch be have.

Wonder what happened to that Brazilian boy we signed after much drama, that Davide
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:54pm On May 12
lordfalcao:
For three years now, airmark never give us belotti alert

grin
Werey, na you no get data.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:54pm On May 12
timbros:

Again, Jackson is not the only striker who miss chances.

Are you telling me that it's Fofana James and Colwill that will help you keep clean sheets that will improve the defence?

If our defence was decent last season, what is the situation this season?
Jackson is my club's striker let other club fans go and hold their own club striker's especially when they mess up in potential title deciding matches.
Yes with fofana, James, Colwill and to an extent Silva more fit I believe we'll have a better defence than what we currently witness.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 9:55pm On May 12
Andrey Santos scores for Strasbourg,die minutes goal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:56pm On May 12
airmark:

What's your point now, when I asked Chelsea to get 2 CFs next season and that's what Unlimited22 is against?

Did they register Shevy for Epl 2009/2010 season. Yes or No?

You are beyond repair.

Did he play a role in our win that season that warrant you to name him among Chelsea CFs? Was he registered for UCL that season if he is that important? How did Chelsea prepare him for the season? By playing him for 4 minutes and shipping him out?

You have pride issues.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:56pm On May 12
timbros:

I never said he is a late bloomer biko. Before that will become the talk here now.

I'm just giving example that you don't expect everybody to develop and start cooking at exactly the same time. Next season might be his season and you will be here apologising the way you did for Palmer.

Calm down.
That's why we need to get another striker until whenever he develops and decides to start cooking. A club as big as ours cannot be parading the young shall grow everytime.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:57pm On May 12
WhoDeyHause:

Jackson is my club's striker let other club fans go and hold their own club striker's especially when they mess up in potential title deciding matches.
Yes with fofana, James, Colwill and to an extent Silva more fit I believe we'll have a better defence than what we currently witness.

Is it the Colwill we watched earlier in the season or another Colwill? James is not CB by trade.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 10:00pm On May 12
timbros:

Is it the Colwill we watched earlier in the season or another Colwill? James is not CB by trade.
Colwill has mistakes in him but not up to badiashile and Disasi.
We both know James is one of the best defensive full backs in the world if not the best and he's also part of a back 4 not a front 4.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19211) (19212) (19213) (19214) (19215) (19216) (19217) ... (19298) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m), BlueAngel444, WhoDeyHause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.