Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,195 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10742405 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19296) (19297) (19298) (19299) (19300) (19301) (19302) ... (19413) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:25pm On May 26
So we have to play qualifiers first before we even play in the Conference League?

Abasi mi! an enemy has done this.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:32pm On May 26
Jodera:

I just watched this clip. No way Chelsea board thought he'll be a main striker this season. Someone so raw.

And no way anybody will tell me Torres at Chelsea frequently miss pass this guy. Only misses of this season is just same as Torres all Chelsea season at most. This guy misses and poor shooting technique is atrocious

After Torres miss and he tire, he began dey hide from ball. Ball go dey opponent box, Torres go dey wings
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:36pm On May 26
andrewbaba44:

Didn’t watch

E no play well ?

I missed like half an hour of the game sha
But I wasn't really moved from what I saw

Good hold up/strength is the only real positive I noted.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:39pm On May 26
WhoDeyHause:

I hope it's not because of airmark you hate anything Italian league cause I thought it was just normal agenda with him before. wink
With the price of gyokores you've recommended I don't know if this board would spend that much on him though.
how many strikers moved from the Italian league to the Epl in the last five years that lasted ?

Gyokeres is the only notable option, but command a high fee. We don't need to spend that amount on a striker position
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:52pm On May 26
popizaino:

Why not bastard Badiashile?
You people are actually becoming very funny with this thing

All this while I've always mentioned we need a new CF. What I've been saying is you CANNOT ignore the defence.

If not for this bastard Badiashile against Burnley and Sheffield we wouldn't be playing conference league qualifiers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 8:59pm On May 26
Pep Guardiola leaving next season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:03pm On May 26
WhoDeyHause:

Do Napoli have the players he wants this one Osimhen is likely to go? He would have cooked under conte I won't lie.
I think it would be Juventus and inter Milan that will challenge. Ac Milan depends on the coach coming. Or how do you see it egbon Roland17 since na you follow Italian football pass.
Lukaku is rumoured to join him at Napoli
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:03pm On May 26
Sportsweb:
Pharaoh is leaving bro, Pharaoh is fvcking leaving, Oh my days 😭
Epl clubs to apari next season.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:04pm On May 26
Sportsweb:
seems City is about to sink

111155 charges
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:04pm On May 26
lordfalcao:
how many strikers moved from the Italian league to the Epl in the last five years that lasted ?

Gyokeres is the only notable option, but command a high fee. We don't need to spend that amount on a striker position
So what do we do cause we can't still go into next season with Jackson as our main striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:13pm On May 26
Roland17:

Juventus would definitely challenge for the Scudetto next season. They have the roster, quality, depth and the pocket to improve their roster. Allegri was too defensive and cautious and that is why they struggled. The expectation is for Thiago to join them from Bologna.

Unlike Juventus, AC Milan don’t have the pocket but we have a good roster with deficits in our defense. A lot of people do not understand how difficult it was for Pioli to keep us competitive considering the roster quality, depth and budget. I don’t expect us to win the Scudetto, except some heavy investment in our defense and CF position which is unlikely with RebBird who continue to Penny pinch the club.

Inter remain favorites going into next season because they have the stability in coaching, the pocket, roster and depth.
But why don't you guys go the way of inter with getting players for free especially those in the Italian league? Or just sell leao for at least 150m then reinvest in the squad like how you used tonali's money last year? Then the possibility of loans, we get plenty small children that need to shine before boehly and Egbami's policies waste them, I think apart from a striker to replace giroud your attack is okay, do you also feel Atalanta can be dark horses going into next season based on their performances this year cause I don't think Roma is ready.

BlueAngel444:
Lukaku is rumoured to join him at Napoli
So this is how lukaku has finally turned Italian olosho? They should not come for loan again o cause we need funds to buy the striker that Jackson will be warming up at 75 mins for.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:33pm On May 26
Unlimited22:

You people are actually becoming very funny with this thing

All this while I've always mentioned we need a new CF. What I've been saying is you CANNOT ignore the defence.

If not for this bastard Badiashile against Burnley and Sheffield we wouldn't be playing conference league qualifiers.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:41pm On May 26
pep leaving just in time for paez and estavao,tears man 😭.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:46pm On May 26
airmark:

When I have enough time I will aggregate the number of big chances Jackson missed, that even Junior Lokosa of Sporting Lagos, would have buried with his eyes closed, and add them to the numerous tap-ins he scored for us. I know it would be more than 25 goals.

In all of this I also blame our scouting system that couldn't find his horrendous misses even at Villarreal, as seen in the compilation below.

Jackson is not yet ripe to make Chelsea's bench as a striker, if we want our old glorious years back.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9jGv6CAbg&pp=ygUXamFja3NvbiBiaWcgY2hhbmNlIG1pc3M%3D

Someone said he shoud play as a CB because he seems good at clearing the ball behind the goal grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 10:15pm On May 26
Ballzproblem2:
pep leaving just in time for paez and estavao,tears man 😭.
Them dey call animal wey get horn even snail dey come out, dey deceive yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:28pm On May 26
WhoDeyHause:

So what do we do cause we can't still go into next season with Jackson as our main striker.
they can look for 30-40 million forward who can score double digit goals.

Dovbyk can do it. 24 goals return in LA Liga is good.

His aerial abilities is very much needed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:11pm On May 26
Kilishihunter:

Them dey call animal wey get horn even snail dey come out, dey deceive yourself
Bleep you nigga
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by omotola90(m): 11:32pm On May 26
what if it's Thomas frank
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:36pm On May 26
maresca and frank ,final candidate per osrtein 😒
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 12:23am On May 27
CapitalCee:

Chelsea group be like

Chelsea
Sharkytor Soligorst
Kairat Amarty
Flora Tallinn
That's Belarus, Kazakhstan and Estonia...Boehly should just buy up a property for Chelsea in Eastern Europe because they'll spend a lot of time there...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 12:28am On May 27
WhoDeyHause:

But why don't you guys go the way of inter with getting players for free especially those in the Italian league? Or just sell leao for at least 150m then reinvest in the squad like how you used tonali's money last year? Then the possibility of loans, we get plenty small children that need to shine before boehly and Egbami's policies waste them, I think apart from a striker to replace giroud your attack is okay, do you also feel Atalanta can be dark horses going into next season based on their performances this year cause I don't think Roma is ready.

Our ownership is very useless and selfish. Most Milan fans will support selling Leao and Theo because they will bring in good money, problem is, our ownership will not reinvest that money into the team. We need to fully transition F. Camarda into our first team because he has shown he can handle the pressure. We shouldn’t have included the option to buy in the CDK loan deal with Atalanta because he is a good player.

We lost P. Maldini as our technical director because he questioned how RedBird were running Milan which ultimately led to his firing. The free agents Inter chase have high weekly wages we cannot accommodate. For example, our highest weekly earning players are Bennacer (135K) and Leao (123K) while Inter’s are Martinez and the betrayer Calhanoglu (both at 213K).

While Atalanta have made great strides, they are not ahead of Roma when it comes to competing for the Scudetto and I don’t see them as dark horses. The Serie A is going to be tougher this coming season and top 4 will be even more difficult.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:50am On May 27
Roland17:

Our ownership is very useless and selfish. Most Milan fans will support selling Leao and Theo because they will bring in good money, problem is, our ownership will not reinvest that money into the team. We need to fully transition F. Camarda into our first team because he has shown he can handle the pressure. We shouldn’t have included the option to buy in the CDK loan deal with Atalanta because he is a good player.

We lost P. Maldini as our technical director because he questioned how RedBird were running Milan which ultimately led to his firing. The free agents Inter chase have high weekly wages we cannot accommodate. For example, our highest weekly earning players are Bennacer (135K) and Leao (123K) while Inter’s are Martinez and the betrayer Calhanoglu (both at 213K).

While Atalanta have made great strides, they are not ahead of Roma when it comes to competing for the Scudetto and I don’t see them as dark horses. The Serie A is going to be tougher this coming season and top 4 will be even more difficult.

We need a LB, sell Theo to us
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 1:11am On May 27
raumdeuter:

What happened to Alphonso Davies?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:17am On May 27
Vischy:

What happened to Alphonso Davies?

His eyes is on Madrid and his contract ends soon
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 1:32am On May 27
raumdeuter:

Bayern have been open about their interest in Theo. Make una bring money, at least 80M considering he is worth 100M. Theo has also expressed his desire to return to Real Madrid someday and I know they are also interested.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:55am On May 27
airmark:

I don't know how this is important, when the strikers didn't play in a Chelsea team with numerous big chances created last season, for accurate conclusion.

Anyways Gyokeres, Dovbyk and even Guirassy are all upgrades to Jackson.

This is intellectually dishonest. None of you were talking about these names this time last year. You are calling these guys upgrades on Jackson based on the season just passed. Before then, all these guys were averaging around the same numbers as Jackson per season.

You always mentioned who we should have got and it was Vlahovic. We see now know that Jackson out did Vlahovic in terms of goals per min, and overall conversion rate. So that argument died.

Also, you didn't pay attention to the question. It was who is/were available at the time that would have outdone Jackson, specifically "based on the circumstance".

The truth of the circumstance is that for the strategy employed by the club, £32m over an eight year contract, Jackson has been the best investment in No 9 in years by numbers. That's just an empirical fact. It's not opinion.

The other options you giving were not feasible at the time. Especially not to a 28-year-old Guirassy. It would have been impossible investment for an 8- year contract.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:43am On May 27
I saw on Twitter that Mikel is claiming that Drogba and him were the reasons Nigerians started supporting Chelsea

Who will say they started supporting Chelsea because of Mikel who was on the bench most of the time

If you planned to watch Chelsea because of Mikel then you won't see him at all

Truth is Roman purchase blew up Chelsea fanbase in Nigeria then Mourinho

I'll say Kanu moved more Nigerians to a football club (Arsenal) than anyone

One of my childhood friends who used to support Chelsea in the mid 90s switched to Arsenal when Kanu moved

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:45am On May 27
WhoDeyHause:

So this is how lukaku has finally turned Italian olosho? They should not come for loan again o cause we need funds to buy the striker that Jackson will be warming up at 75 mins for.
lol leap for 150m thieves, they should keep dreaming, not even Osimhen is worth 150m Napoli kept throwing around last summer. Is he the 75m striker you want?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:50am On May 27
raumdeuter:

After Torres miss and he tire, he began dey hide from ball. Ball go dey opponent box, Torres go dey wings
Aside from that, the Chelsea side was more quality than this one so they can decide to take matters into their hands while ignoring him.

That's why the question of "Who miss pass (frequency)" ought to be Jackson.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 6:07am On May 27
raumdeuter:
I saw on Twitter that Mikel is claiming that Drogba and him were the reasons Nigerians started supporting Chelsea

Who will say they started supporting Chelsea because of Mikel who was on the bench most of the time

If you planned to watch Chelsea because of Mikel then you won't see him at all

Truth is Roman purchase blew up Chelsea fanbase in Nigeria then Mourinho

I'll say Kanu moved more Nigerians to a football club (Arsenal) than anyone

One of my childhood friends who used to support Chelsea in the mid 90s switched to Arsenal when Kanu moved

There was an anti-United lobby in Nigeria that gravitated initially towards Chelsea because of Cele and then more towards Arsenal because of Kanu.

When Arsenal proved incapable of dethroning United, they moved on to Chelsea and i think you are correct in saying it was mainly due to the Roman Revolution. Abramovic came in swinging and showed everybody that he meant business and that was music to the anti-United lobby.
It did help though that a Nigerian joined Chelsea at about the same time, and it was our best young talent as well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:12am On May 27
Skimpledawg:
So we have to play qualifiers first before we even play in the Conference League?

You might need to plan your pilgrimage with Chelsea fixtures
I feel Jerusalem fc will be in your group

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:03am On May 27
Skimpledawg:

That enemy should finish his work by making us lose that qualifiers. In fact, if the new coach wants to be in my bad books, he should qualify for that embarrassment first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19296) (19297) (19298) (19299) (19300) (19301) (19302) ... (19413) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5inchdick, DeadPresidents, CAPdan21(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.