Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,737 members, 7,862,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10738076 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19281) (19282) (19283) (19284) (19285) (19286) (19287) ... (19403) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 2:56pm On May 23
izzou:
Only the pressure to coach big teams is enough to see that Ikenna is most likely to choke in 3 months.

Primary 5 ko, Primary 4 ni.

Alonso exceeded all expectations. If he had finished 4th without any trophy, his board wouldn't chop his head off.

Potter was wonderful till he came to the bridge.

He should go and take small heat from Brighton fess.

The thing dey muse me.
If that same Alonso was in Bayern Munich and finished 2nd not even 4th with no trophy you'll see the pressure he'll be under. Bayern has already appointed kompany right? We'll see how it goes if he doesn't perform to the club's expectations especially in bundesliga next season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:59pm On May 23
too much noise about our next coach ,not posting until something concrete appears, everybody just dey milk whatever they can get.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:01pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

The thing dey muse me.
If that same Alonso was in Bayern Munich and finished 2nd not even 4th with no trophy you'll see the pressure he'll be under. Bayern has already appointed kompany right? We'll see how it goes if he doesn't perform to the club's expectations especially in bundesliga next season.

Flick will be Barcelona manager, would you bet they will win la Liga against current real Madrid next season?

Remember Xavi won it in first season....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 3:02pm On May 23
BlueRayDick:

That is not the difference between them. Arteta simply won a trophy in his first year as a coach and that bought him time. If he had not won a cup , he would've been sacked like Lampard too.

Arsenal sacked Emery after 18 months at Arsenal. Guess what? Lampard was also sacked after 18 months at Chelsea obviously for the same reason Arsenal sacked Emery.

The difference between Arteta and Lampard then was the luxury of time Arteta was afforded. Lampard finished top 4 and was sacked in the second season, Arteta finished outside the top 4 for three seasons in a row and still had a job.

The only reason you are debating who was rated better now is because of what Arteta has done in the last two seasons, as far as I can remember, it was mostly ole and lampard debate , Arteta was barely in the conversation then as far as the 2019/2020 season is concerned. You can go back and check both united Chelsea and Arsenal threads conversation of that season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:04pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
first off, you're stubbornly refusing and change the ideology i shared with you. I said the child passed the 4th year, then you change it that he will fail if he doesn't know anything about it.

First off, do you think those of us who get As don't read, do you think he will take a grade higher exam without actually reading and preparing for it, even without been taught. Common, don't play dumb

Your very statement it's not time for him to step up is why I gave you that analogy. You can either believe in the kid or you don't. And just like you don't you won't try because you don't even want to believe they can do it.

Amorim that's my first choice may come here to Chelsea and fail, it won't be the first time a top manager fails at another club and league. If McKenna fails, there is Amorim who doesn't seem willing to leave sporting CP yet, maybe because of UCL football, who knows.

No matter what Xabi has made a name for himself and his next club may be Madrid. I can remember when Madrid hired Zidane it was crazy but it worked out very. 3UCLs back to back. You never know what could happen with McKenna
If I'm using your analogy McKenna doesn't have any experience of managing the biggest league in any country whatsoever except in the lower leagues and would likely take longer time to adapt than those with prior experience in it.
We were jubilating when we signed potter who was one of the best young coaches in our league? How did it go was he given more time like arteta and co after the job swallowed him?
The championship is a different ball game entirely to the epl. Can you tell me any coach plucked from the championship to a top club that you know was a success in recent memory? Championship that anybody can beat anybody.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 3:05pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

The thing dey muse me.
Kompany is most likely a place holder till klopp is done with his sabbatical next year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:05pm On May 23
kingBolton:

The difference between Arteta and Lampard then was the luxury of time Arteta was afforded. Lampard finished top 4 and was sacked in the second season, Arteta finished outside the top 4 for three seasons in a row and still had a job.

The only reason you are debating who was rated better now is because of what Arteta has done in the last two seasons, as far as I can remember, it was mostly ole and lampard debate , Arteta was barely in the conversation then as far as the 2019/2020 season is concerned. You can go back and check both united Chelsea and Arsenal threads conversation of that season.

I told him already time was the essential factor.

Imagine arteta finishing 8th twice at Chelsea? Impossible he is SACKED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:08pm On May 23
izzou:
Only the pressure to coach big teams is enough to see that Ikenna is most likely to choke in 3 months.

Primary 5 ko, Primary 4 ni.

Alonso exceeded all expectations. If he had finished 4th without any trophy, his board wouldn't chop his head off.

Potter was wonderful till he came to the bridge.

He should go and take small heat from Brighton fess.

is it pressure that made Poch struggle at PSG?

Is it pressure that made Chelsea sack Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel.

If a manager is winning where is the pressure. You think managers at Everton don't feel pressure not to relegate.

Are you assuming that managing Ipswich town was easy and no pressure. Maybe it was and it seems so because he was winning. But a successful man or one who wants to make a great career is always under pressure to do the best.

You guys talk about pressure like it's a bad thing, abi is it only me that faces my small pressure and value it.

It's only those with a small mind that run from big challenges. Imagine giving me an offer to manage hundreds of millions. Men if I was waking 5am before, I will wake 3am, to enjoy my new role. Pressure ko, pressure ni, except he is a loser that can't handle it. And from those who have watched and been with him, he is not.

Mourinho picked this guy to be his second. You know Mourinho the young man who walks into EPL and calls himself the special one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 3:08pm On May 23
kingBolton:

None of what u've said has disproved what I wrote in the post u quoted. If Arteta had not won the FA cup he would've been sacked too like Arsenal sacked Emery after 18 months.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:09pm On May 23
Vischy:

Flick will be Barcelona manager, would you bet they will win la Liga against current real Madrid next season?

Remember Xavi won it in first season....

Xavi also took that Barcelona team to the Europa league that season and also lost in the playoffs of the round of 16 after barka spent over 200m for him on transfers don't forget that. Laligo is mostly a two horse league so I might bet on it if they can also spend the same way they spent on xavi that season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kingBolton: 3:10pm On May 23
Vischy:

I told him already time was the essential factor.

Imagine arteta finishing 8th twice at Chelsea? Impossible he is SACKED.
Arteta is better than lampard but as far as the 2019/2020 season is concerned, lampard was rated highly, especially how he handled the squad and was able to get a top 4 despite the transfer ban.

It is understandable for people to disagree now with how far Arteta has brought Arsenal now tho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 3:11pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
is it pressure that made Poch struggle at PSG?

Is it pressure that made Chelsea sack Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel.

If a manager is winning where is the pressure. You think managers at Everton don't feel pressure not to relegate.

Are you assuming that managing Ipswich town was easy and no pressure. Maybe it was and it seems so because he was winning. But a successful man or one who wants to make a great career is always under pressure to do the best.

You guys talk about pressure like it's a bad thing, abi is it only me that faces my small pressure and value it.

It's only those with a small mind that run from big challenges. Imagine giving me an offer to manage hundreds of millions. Men if I was waking 5am before, I will wake 3am, to enjoy my new role. Pressure ko, pressure ni, except he is a loser that can't handle it. And from those who have watched and been with him, he is not.

Mourinho picked this guy to be his second. You know Mourinho the young man who walks into EPL and calls himself the special one.

Was Potter a loser when you gave him the job?

You crucify Poch for not carrying the Ligue with PSG, and that proves my point...A Bigger expectation.

If the same Poch coached Lille and came second, we will all clap for him and say he did try.

When these newbies messes the team up and dump us at 15th, at Week 10, that's when we will start looking for a reasonable replacement.

We know Ikenga is a winner. He should go to Brighton and keep winning there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:12pm On May 23
kingBolton:

Kompany is most likely a place holder till klopp is done with his sabbatical next year.
His contract is still 2027 but we'll see what happens to his job if Bayern has another disastrous season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:13pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Xavi also took that Barcelona team to the Europa league that season and also lost in the playoffs of the round of 16 after barka spent over 200m for him on transfers don't forget that. Laligo is mostly a two horse league so I might bet on it [b]if they can also spend the same way they spent on xavi that season[b].

Alright, fingers crossed as next season drama unfolds......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:15pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

If I'm using your analogy McKenna doesn't have any experience of managing the biggest league in any country whatsoever except in the lower leagues and would likely take longer time to adapt than those with prior experience in it.
We were jubilating when we signed potter who was one of the best young coaches in our league? How did it go was he given more time like arteta and co after the job swallowed him?
The championship is a different ball game entirely to the epl. Can you tell me any coach plucked from the championship to a top club that you know was a success in recent memory? Championship that anybody can beat anybody.
is it EPL that isn't where anybody can beat anybody?

You said I should give you example, Pep from Barcelona B, to Barcelona A. Zidane from real Madrid B to realise Madrid A.

You are talking like McKenna wasn't in united coaching staff for 5years before going to Ipswich.

But then again you guys comparing Potter to him is weird because Porter never had instant success with Brighton nor any of his former teams. So the both comparison no follow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lateefGRDT(m): 3:15pm On May 23
Idk, but this ikenna guy dey give me AVB vibes angry

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:17pm On May 23
izzou:

You crucify Poch for not carrying the Ligue with PSG, and that proves my point...A Bigger expectation.

If the same Poch coached Lille and came second, we will all clap for him and say he did try.

When these newbies messes the team up and dump us at 15th, at Week 10, that's when we will start looking for a reasonable replacement.

Can you name one experience coach available for Chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 3:19pm On May 23
Vischy:

Can you name one experience coach available for Chelsea?
These people cant even name the coach they want.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:20pm On May 23
izzou:

lol I no give Potter job o, i wish.

I also didn't crucify Poch for not carrying the league, he didn't even push for the UCL as he was expected. Tottenham could have won a UCL but well that's gone. Tottenham could have won a league as well.

You know he is a winner yet you won't accept him 🤣 until he wins for others.

You know I remember a young Conte getting a job at Juventus without having won anything before and he made Juve into a PSG Bayern winning series A like it's there birth right.

Well it's not your choice to make anyway
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:21pm On May 23
lateefGRDT:
nah, I would feel that way if we were getting my first choice Amorim

but he probably has experience communicating with those egos from his days at united.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:24pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
is it EPL that isn't where anybody can beat anybody?

You said I should give you example, Pep from Barcelona B, to Barcelona A. Zidane from real Madrid B to realise Madrid A.

You are talking like McKenna wasn't in united coaching staff for 5years before going to Ipswich.

But then again you guys comparing Potter to him is weird because Porter never had instant success with Brighton nor any of his former teams. So the both comparison no follow.

I said from championship to the premier league But all good, looking at pep and zidane that their clubs signed from their B teams was McKenna not with united coaching staff for 5 years but when ole and co were sacked he and none of the other staff were highly considered for the job?
If potter wasn't one of the best young coaches in the league would Chelsea have signed him? Or what do you think made Chelsea sign him?

Also How times do you see the top 4 teams beaten by teams in the bottom part of the table? Go and watch the championship e dey happen well there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 3:24pm On May 23
lateefGRDT:

See banter name nah ,ikenna grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:29pm On May 23
Our own Maresca won the championship but McKenna coming second that he almost bottled is a huge success over potter who was one of the most highly rated young coaches in EPL as at 2022? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:33pm On May 23
A fourth mysterious manager whom could be hired by Chelsea. Who could it be, my first choice Amorim obviously or RDZ, or could it be Fabregas 😁?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 3:33pm On May 23
kingBolton:

Arteta is better than lampard but as far as the 2019/2020 season is concerned, lampard was rated highly, especially how he handled the squad and was able to get a top 4 despite the transfer ban.

It is understandable for people to disagree now with how far Arteta has brought Arsenal now tho.

Make una stop this thing na. Not everybody forgets things easily; we were all on this thread at the end of the 2019/2020 season. Even Ibime who is a staunch Lampard fan blamed him for being a shitty manager after that FA cup loss to Arteta

Ibime:
Lampard only has himself to blame today.

Every decision was wrong from the formation to the Christensen sub

This is not even about hindsight or lapse of time making one forget things. U think Lampard was highly rated and this poster made this remark about the summary of the 2019/2020 season?

Taguchi:
Liverpool : epl trophy

Arsenal : FA trophy

Man city : efl trophy

Chelsea : net spend trophy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:35pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:
Our own Maresca won the championship but McKenna coming second that he almost bottled is a huge success over potter who was one of the most highly rated young coaches in EPL as at 2022? Na wa o.
"our own"

Guy your prejudice dey very clear
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:36pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Ahh you're confused, between Leicester and Ipswich who almost bottled championship?🤷

Who knew Ipswich will be promoted?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:36pm On May 23
lateefGRDT:
Ikenna no reach, AVB that won ulokpa and a treble with porto.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:37pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
"our own"

He's highly biased and you can see it from his opinions
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 3:39pm On May 23
BlueAngel444:
"our own"

Which prejudice? Was Maresca not with us last year before moving to leceister? Same way i don't want Ikenna at the club is the same way I won't want Maresca too.

Vischy:

Ahh you're confused, between Leicester and Ipswich who almost bottled championship?🤷
Boss I followed the championship too at a point ipswish also topped that table before gaining some inconsistent results and almost losing their epl spot to Leeds before they also messed up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Arizoner: 3:40pm On May 23
There is no difference between raumdeuter and his stupid club. How can a manager get his team relegated and next thing you want to hire him

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 3:41pm On May 23
WhoDeyHause:

Which prejudice? Was Maresca not with us last year before moving to leceister? Same way i don't want Ikenna at the club is the same way I won't want Maresca too.

Boss I followed the championship too at a point ipswish also topped that table before gaining some inconsistent results and almost losing their epl spot to Leeds before they also messed up.

You suddenly forgot Leicester topped with 20 points during December?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19281) (19282) (19283) (19284) (19285) (19286) (19287) ... (19403) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: viciati(m), Bill8012(m), codeb(m), afrodoc2, TheLequte, Ballzproblem2, zeusis(m), andrewbaba44, fyinka47(m), fredoooooo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.