Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,913 members, 7,863,172 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:33 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10742327 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19293) (19294) (19295) (19296) (19297) (19298) (19299) ... (19413) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:47am On May 26
hensben:
If you don’t know Chelsea is about to go give that trophy more value. We popularized epl and european trophies out there in Africa but myopic fans sees it as noise, it is passion and dedication for the game. The next step is to extend the passion to NPFL, it doesn’t cost anything, it will help the country’s economy.
ok

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 7:51am On May 26
Lana1:
ok
😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 8:08am On May 26
hensben:
If you don’t know Chelsea is about to go give that trophy more value. We popularized epl and european trophies out there in Africa but myopic fans sees it as noise, it is passion and dedication for the game. The next step is to extend the passion to NPFL, it doesn’t cost anything, it will help the country’s economy.

Haha

Are you now trolling your own club? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 8:12am On May 26
😎...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:29am On May 26
hensben:
Arsenal, Newcastle and Man U represented epl poorly in the UCL. Now Italian league has 6 spot for ucl. Chelsea will be back to raise epl in Europe again.

Italian league have 5 spots and not 6

Leave arsenal Newcastle and Man U alone ,even if an English team made it to the ucl final you still didn’t come 5th to take the spot ,so stop ranting .

You didn’t do your home work well ,I can list out 3 games where you should have easily gotten a win instead of a draw and with that you should have made top 4

Should we start from where you couldn’t beat a 10 man burnley who where red carded at the 40th minutes ?

Aston Villa and spurs kept dropping points but your team kept refusing to catch up

Lmao
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:31am On May 26
andrewbaba44:

Leave arsenal Newcastle and Man U alone ,even if an English team made it to the ucl final you still didn’t come 5th to take the spot ,so stop ranting .

You didn’t do your home work well ,I can list out 3 games where you should have easily gotten a win instead of a draw and with that you should have made top 4

Should we start from where you couldn’t beat a 10 man burnley who where red carded at the 40th minutes ?

Aston Villa and spurs kept dropping point but your team kept refusing to catch up

Lmao
We didn’t do our part this season due to massive injury in the team. However, it helps also if Man U and co did well in the ucl. It gave German and Italian league more spots.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:34am On May 26
AdisaOwala:

Haha

Are you now trolling your own club? grin grin
We are already in it even if it is not our standard. We will be back to top 4 next season if the team is 80 percent free of injury at least.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:35am On May 26
I remember asking for expectations to be lowered right from the outset stating that majority of our signings are inexperienced and not up to par while the good ones are on the treatment table, but the euphoria of preseason performance clouded the judgement of many here with some even saying we are set to knock Pep off his perch. Now, we are in the wilderness without a guide.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 8:53am On May 26
hensben:
We didn’t do our part this season due to massive injury in the team. However, it helps also if Man U and co did well in the ucl. It gave German and Italian league more spots.

Injury is not an excuse not to make top 4
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ijustwantto: 9:11am On May 26
Andrew just dey pepper Chelsea fans. Whodeyhause don go hide for cave. Him go still get mind come barca thread dey yarn grin
andrewbaba44:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:12am On May 26
Amoto94:
I remember asking for expectations to be lowered right from the outset stating that majority of our signings are inexperienced and not up to par while the good ones are on the treatment table, but the euphoria of preseason performance clouded the judgement of many here with some even saying we are set to knock Pep off his perch. Now, we are in the wilderness without a guide.

The problem was entirely tactical, not the players. The current squad is good enough to finish 2nd or 3rd minimum.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:19am On May 26
andrewbaba44:

How is it not an excuse for the team when in your thread you complained of same thing at some point.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:21am On May 26
Ijustwantto:
Andrew just dey pepper Chelsea fans. Whodeyhause don go hide for cave. Him go still get mind come barca thread dey yarn grin
He is not peppering anything. Man U and Barca fans have being complaining all season. Posdigger you are needed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ijustwantto: 9:32am On May 26
tongue tongue tongue
hensben:
He is not peppering anything. Man U and Barca fans have being complaining all season. Posdigger you are needed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 9:57am On May 26
andrewbaba44:

Aston Villa and spurs kept dropping points but your team kept refusing to catch up

Lmao
Aptly said

The team couldn't beat Burnley, Sheffield, Nottingham

Easy 9.points

Walai we deserve this conference league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Capaldi: 10:00am On May 26
Boehly Ineptitude will be confirmed if he doesn't bring Ruben Amorim to Chelsea. Good riddance to the useless Pochettino.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:01am On May 26
hensben:
How is it not an excuse for the team when in your thread you complained of same thing at some point.

I only complained about injuries affecting my team at the ucl last season .

We have injuries at barca this season but you won’t see me complaining,because Madrid even had more and they won the league .

Your team is not the best out there ,but you have the squad depth to make top 4 with injuries .

Look at what you played at the epl when it was already too late ,you will know your team is not that bad as you all thought
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 10:02am On May 26
Ijustwantto:

I am not even trolling self .

You cannot spend what Chelsea spent and be complaining of injures being the reason not to make top 4

These guys have truck of footballers grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:22am On May 26
andrewbaba44:

I only complained about injuries affecting my team at the ucl last season .

We have injuries at barca this season but you won’t see me complaining,because Madrid even had more and they won the league .

Your team is not the best out there ,but you have the squad depth to make top 4 with injuries .

Look at what you played at the epl when it was already too late ,you will know your team is not that bad as you all thought
Madrid is mixed with experienced players and most of them wasn’t signed this past season like Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 10:27am On May 26
We will be the European team to win all UEFA club competition
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MATHSBINARY1101: 10:35am On May 26
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Henceforth, you will be ignored. Go tell ibime to come back. His exhibit dey Instagram too. We dey take am gradually

Elefan this is your deleted post trolling fatherchristmas
Oh You thought I forgot

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:39am On May 26
nateevs:

The problem was entirely tactical, not the players. The current squad is good enough to finish 2nd or 3rd minimum.
I beg to disagree, both tactics and players are to be blamed for missing out on top 5. At a point we had to name kids and 3 goalkeepers due to injuries and suspensions, in some games the players let the coach down especially in the Carabao Cup final and FA semifinal against City.
There is no way you are going to maintain consistency necessary for a top 5 push with bunch of players blowing hot and cold every matchday, the near consistent performers were Palmer, Gallagher, Gusto and to some extent Caicedo. How can a team perform regularly with this combo of problems tactically naive coach and subpar players?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BronzeTiger: 11:02am On May 26
Obere4u:
We will be the European team to win all UEFA club competition
Are you guys this shameless.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:45am On May 26
nateevs:

Okay, let's do it this way. Remove Jackson, replace with any striker you think was available at the time. How many goals do you think that striker would have scored last season?

When I have enough time I will aggregate the number of big chances Jackson missed, that even Junior Lokosa of Sporting Lagos, would have buried with his eyes closed, and add them to the numerous tap-ins he scored for us. I know it would be more than 25 goals.

In all of this I also blame our scouting system that couldn't find his horrendous misses even at Villarreal, as seen in the compilation below.

Jackson is not yet ripe to make Chelsea's bench as a striker, if we want our old glorious years back.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9jGv6CAbg&pp=ygUXamFja3NvbiBiaWcgY2hhbmNlIG1pc3M%3D

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:59am On May 26
Amoto94:

I beg to disagree, both tactics and players are to be blamed for missing out on top 5. At a point we had to name kids and 3 goalkeepers due to injuries and suspensions, in some games the players let the coach down especially in the Carabao Cup final and FA semifinal against City.
There is no way you are going to maintain consistency necessary for a top 5 push with bunch of players blowing hot and cold every matchday, the near consistent performers were Palmer, Gallagher, Gusto and to some extent Caicedo. How can a team perform regularly with this combo of problems tactically naive coach and subpar players?

Just what I’ve been highlighting but it seems baba nateevs never get the gist.

It’s so glaring even to the blind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:11pm On May 26
Even a dumb coach like Ten Haag before securing Europa ticket yesterday, said he would buy another striker for next season.

We should not rely on other club's misfortune before we achieve our goals next season. Jackson is not a reliable striker and now that I have even seen his big misses at Villarreal, he should be loaned out to go and develop the skills in front of goal. But, we have idiots making decisions for the team now.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:13pm On May 26
Final shortlist for #Chelsea head coach job: • Roberto De Zerbi • Thomas Frank • Enzo Maresca • Kieran McKenna [via @SkyKaveh]

So rumours linking RDZ to the job were right.

RDZ is going to be the ....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:16pm On May 26
Amoto94:

Right in your disagreement, you are agreeing with me. The only difference is that you have misinterpreted the reasons.

I tell you again, the only reason the players were blowing hot and cold was Poch. EOS. Because players were not playing in a tactical straight-jacket, many times they didn't know what to do, where to stand, how to position, and how to move a unit. The players were free-styling, with no tactical understanding of what to do, for 90% of the season. Look at the stats for individual progressive carries for the season, and you will understand what I mean.

With the same team, given to RDZ, you will notice a significant uplift in tactical effeciency that cuts down markedly on inconstencies.

The moment Poch went into tactical strictness, in the second half of the Aston Villa game, the team moved up 3 gears, winning 5 on a bounce. Why were they not blowing hot and cold then?

In fact, the whole attack vs defence debate died immediately. I had not participated in those debate because I continued to mention that it was a tactical issue.

Secondly, Poch had the option to develop the likes of Maatsen, Casadei, Santos, D Angelo, Washington, Acheampong, Casteldine but didn't. Instead, he sent them away or just let them rot on the bench, but insisted on playing Chilly on the left wing. He had no faith in his options, and the negativity radiated through the team.

Thirdly he mismanaged players from returning injuries, leading to recurrent issues, causing a crisis. That is criminal management for a squad that lacked depth - a problem he caused in the first place.

And the reason he needed to rush players back was because of his failure of creating a systemic playing style, that allowed players to seamless walk into and out of the squad - a tactical problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:17pm On May 26
BlueAngel444:
Final shortlist for #Chelsea head coach job: • Roberto De Zerbi • Thomas Frank • Enzo Maresca • Kieran McKenna [via @SkyKaveh]

So rumours linking RDZ to the job were right.

RDZ is going to be the ....

He's going to be the new Chelsea manager. All of the others were just to make us think they were options.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:20pm On May 26
nateevs:

He's going to be the new Chelsea manager. All of the others were just to make us think they were options.
or they want us to think they interview every single manager available before picking Enzo Maresca 🤣

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:20pm On May 26
nateevs:

You believe he will address the tactical issues? You believe with the right tactical approach these set of lads will cook?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:21pm On May 26
airmark:
Even a dumb coach like Ten Haag before securing Europa ticket yesterday, said he would buy another striker for next season.

We should not rely on other club's misfortune before we achieve our goals next season. Jackson is not a reliable striker and now that I have even seen his big misses at Villarreal, he should be loaned out to go and develop the skills in front of goal. But, we have idiots making decisions for the team now.

You have not answered the question yet. Remove Jackson, put in your striker of choice. Tell us, how many goals would said striker have scored this part season with the same set of circumstances.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19293) (19294) (19295) (19296) (19297) (19298) (19299) ... (19413) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, dostr4(m), patrickmuf(m), afrodoc2, hensben(m), DammyOlu123(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.