Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,918 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10741670 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19294) (19295) (19296) (19297) (19298) (19299) (19300) ... (19411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:29pm On May 26
nateevs:

You have not answered the question yet. Remove Jackson, put in your striker of choice. Tell us, how many goals would said striker have scored this part season with the same set of circumstances.

I told you earlier that I am sure a better finisher would have scored 25+ goals, with those begging chances missed.

The number of goals that he should have scored, is not even as painful as those big misses that would have fetched us maximum points if converted.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:38pm On May 26
airmark:

I told you earlier that I am sure a better finisher would have scored 25+ goals, with those begging chances missed.

The number of goals that he should have scored, is not even as painful as those big misses that would have fetched us maximum points if converted.

Let's not postulate on hypothesis. Tell me, which specific available striker would you have in place of Jackson, and how many goals they have scored last season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:52pm On May 26
Griffon:

You believe he will address the tactical issues? You believe with the right tactical approach these set of lads will cook?

Not my first choice but the answer is yes. I actually do.

This is not a Poch-type manager. Like my first choice Nagelsmann, RDZ is the type of manager who goes in and straight on the tactical board. Emphasis is on strict positional play, and use of space - top to back, back to front.

He will tell and show all players - old, young or infant, this is where you stand to make play, this is where you stand to receive play. When you receive play, this is what you do. Here is where I want you to go with the ball.

He will do this to every single position, such that every player knows where every other player is standing, or likely to be standing even without looking.

Same players, and you will think it's a different team.

I have been a long-time admirer of RDZ, since his Shaktar days. I am glad the club is looking in his direction.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by KingAzubuike(f): 1:13pm On May 26
airmark:

There are rarely goal poachers in football these days. Jackson would have fitted well playing just beside a goal poacher. Apart from scoring , he does everything so well in an elite way,
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 1:21pm On May 26
So Chelsea and palmer will be part of the conference meeting. Ehyaaa, Ballzproblemm2 and airmark, have my handkerchief and dry your tears
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 1:24pm On May 26
KingAzubuike:

There are rarely goal poachers in football these days. Jackson would have fitted well playing just beside a goal poacher. Apart from scoring , he does everything so well in an elite way,
Lies. He can barely assist a goal or unleash a through pass
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:25pm On May 26
nateevs:

Let's not postulate on hypothesis. Tell me, which specific available striker would you have in place of Jackson, and how many goals they have scored last season?

I don't know how this is important, when the strikers didn't play in a Chelsea team with numerous big chances created last season, for accurate conclusion.

Anyways Gyokeres, Dovbyk and even Guirassy are all upgrades to Jackson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 1:26pm On May 26
nateevs:

Guirassy. Buffoon

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:28pm On May 26
KingAzubuike:

We need a finisher, we don't need him beside a goal poacher (waste of space), as we already have efficient supporting cast to provide premium supplies to our top striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 1:29pm On May 26
airmark:

Why don't we try Deivid Washington
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 1:31pm On May 26
Obere4u:
We will be the European team to win all UEFA club competition

Why are you guys sounding like we are in the final already

We never even qualify for the competition because there's still a play off

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by camri: 1:43pm On May 26
airmark:

When I have enough time I will aggregate the number of big chances Jackson missed, that even Junior Lokosa of Sporting Lagos, would have buried with his eyes closed, and add them to the numerous tap-ins he scored for us. I know it would be more than 25 goals.

In all of this I also blame our scouting system that couldn't find his horrendous misses even at Villarreal, as seen in the compilation below.

Jackson is not yet ripe to make Chelsea's bench as a striker, if we want our old glorious years back.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9jGv6CAbg&pp=ygUXamFja3NvbiBiaWcgY2hhbmNlIG1pc3M%3D
lazy scouting will be the end of Chelsea. Go to Asia, Oceania, america, Africa, Nigerian premier league. You will find eligible strikers better than Jackson5. bombastic elements
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tesenak20: 1:53pm On May 26
nateevs:

Sebastian Haller of Cote D'Ivoire
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:01pm On May 26
#RDZ
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 2:13pm On May 26
Chelsea Academy did this

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TLona1: 2:19pm On May 26
Lana1:
E pain am enter ballz grin grin

So him ballz don get problem?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:29pm On May 26
if we do get de zerbi I hope it works out Sha i no hype am , avoiding potter 2.0 😅.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:48pm On May 26
So we will even have to go through playoffs to enter the conference league proper??

Shame.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 3:28pm On May 26
Armstrong puts Soton ahead. Southampton heading back to the EPL but it’s far from over. Leeds United might do a come back.

Both teams have been terrible btw
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:29pm On May 26
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 3:37pm On May 26
nateevs:

Vlahovic would have scored 30 league goals for us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:39pm On May 26
Leyqute:
Armstrong puts Soton ahead. Southampton heading back to the EPL but it’s far from over. Leeds United might do a come back.

Both teams have been terrible btw

Leeds had one glorious opportunity to equalize but that mumu Archie gray could not make a simple pass to pick out one of the three teammates that were advancing. There was only one Soton player back!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 3:44pm On May 26
BlueMann:

Leeds had one glorious opportunity to equalize but that mumu Archie gray could not make a simple pass to pick out one of the three teammates that were advancing. There was only one Soton player back!

Summerville and Gnonto have been atrocious with their decision-making. Too much geagra, too little sense.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 3:46pm On May 26
It's annoying to watch some players run. Running like they have no balance, or as if they're high
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:48pm On May 26
nateevs:

Not my first choice but the answer is yes. I actually do.

This is not a Poch-type manager. Like my first choice Nagelsmann, RDZ is the type of manager who goes in and straight on the tactical board. Emphasis is on strict positional play, and use of space - top to back, back to front.

He will tell and show all players - old, young or infant, this is where you stand to make play, this is where you stand to receive play. When you receive play, this is what you do. Here is where I want you to go with the ball.

He will do this to every single position, such that every player knows where every other player is standing, or likely to be standing even without looking.

Same players, and you will think it's a different team.

I have been a long-time admirer of RDZ, since his Shaktar days. I am glad the club is looking in his direction.

omo, the names on shortlist just dy burst head.

May the club make a favorable decision biko.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:49pm On May 26
Kimbeast:

Vlahovic would have scored 30 league goals for us.
vlahovic una.

Story
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 3:57pm On May 26
nateevs:

He's going to be the new Chelsea manager. All of the others were just to make us think they were options.
Zero chance of De Zerbi. Hot-headed and speaks his mind, not a yes man and openly disagreed with the transfer policy of Brighton, one which Chelsea are doing too. I don't see how they sacked Poch for being outspoken and then appoint Zerbi whose more volatile.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:06pm On May 26
airmark:

When I have enough time I will aggregate the number of big chances Jackson missed, that even Junior Lokosa of Sporting Lagos, would have buried with his eyes closed, and add them to the numerous tap-ins he scored for us. I know it would be more than 25 goals.

In all of this I also blame our scouting system that couldn't find his horrendous misses even at Villarreal, as seen in the compilation below.

Jackson is not yet ripe to make Chelsea's bench as a striker, if we want our old glorious years back.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9jGv6CAbg&pp=ygUXamFja3NvbiBiaWcgY2hhbmNlIG1pc3M%3D
I just watched this clip. No way Chelsea board thought he'll be a main striker this season. Someone so raw.

And no way anybody will tell me Torres at Chelsea frequently miss pass this guy. Only misses of this season is just same as Torres all Chelsea season at most. This guy misses and poor shooting technique is atrocious
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:08pm On May 26
Leyqute:

Summerville and Gnonto have been atrocious with their decision-making. Too much geagra, too little sense.

The whole team lacks sense. Soton seems more manageable from what I've seen, Leeds should just remain there abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 4:11pm On May 26
Look at what these mumu Leeds players are doing in the opposition box.

Smh

Anyways, they've made a very good start to this half
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 4:12pm On May 26
🚨OFFICIAL: Cole Palmer had won the 2023/24 @Castrol Premier League Game Changer of the Season award for his performance v Manchester United(H)
(@premierleague)

stacking awards like nothing

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 4:18pm On May 26
It's not even up to three years yet and we've already been 10th position and conference league merchants that's if we even win our playoffs.
So like this I go wash my Chelsea jersey, iron am just to go and watch us play Galilee united coached by Judas Iscariot next season when others are seeing their teams playing against known opponents unlike the ones that only investors will give you update about? Apari you do this one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19294) (19295) (19296) (19297) (19298) (19299) (19300) ... (19411) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m), Silentgroper(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.