Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,494 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10744050 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19297) (19298) (19299) (19300) (19301) (19302) (19303) ... (19417) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 7:05am On May 27
99 points no win league o ,shey pep guardiola Dey galatasaray ?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 7:09am On May 27
Eeyin eyan Conference League, mo ki yi oo..........
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 7:11am On May 27
If Chelshit end up winning Conference League next season (which we all expect them to win), it won't be funny for Assnal fans ooh..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 7:34am On May 27
TrebleChamp:
If Chelshit end up winning Conference League next season (which we all expect them to win), it won't be funny for Assnal fans ooh..

That means if Chelshit wins Conference League we riot. If Chelshit loses Conference League we riot. This Conference League na bad market sha. cry

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TrebleChamp(m): 7:43am On May 27
afrodoc:

That means if Chelshit wins Conference League we riot. If Chelshit loses Conference League we riot. This Conference League na bad market sha. cry
Na so 😎😁
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Liposure: 8:02am On May 27
Sportsweb:
Pep Guardiola leaving next season
fake news
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:04am On May 27
raumdeuter:
I saw on Twitter that Mikel is claiming that Drogba and him were the reasons Nigerians started supporting Chelsea

Who will say they started supporting Chelsea because of Mikel who was on the bench most of the time

If you planned to watch Chelsea because of Mikel then you won't see him at all

Truth is Roman purchase blew up Chelsea fanbase in Nigeria then Mourinho

I'll say Kanu moved more Nigerians to a football club (Arsenal) than anyone

One of my childhood friends who used to support Chelsea in the mid 90s switched to Arsenal when Kanu moved

For me Drogba moved many Africans to Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 9:17am On May 27
swiz123:

That enemy should finish his work by making us lose that qualifiers. In fact, if the new coach wants to be in my bad books, he should qualify for that embarrassment first.

UEFA Conference league is a major trophy. It's UEFA competition and winning it qualifies Chelsea into Europa league assuming we fumble again next season.

Put some respect.......

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:18am On May 27
popizaino:

Him and Essien, and to a lesser extent Mikel and Kalou

Most older guys were swayed by Babayaro but the younger ones, na when Roman show say e fit break United Hegemony we Port

For example, I personally began supporting Chelsea in 2005. Mikel still dey Lyn Oslo that time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Vischy: 9:29am On May 27
TrebleChamp:

I will happily win UEFA Conference league than go trophiless again next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:47am On May 27
raumdeuter:
I saw on Twitter that Mikel is claiming that Drogba and him were the reasons Nigerians started supporting Chelsea

Who will say they started supporting Chelsea because of Mikel who was on the bench most of the time

One of my childhood friends who used to support Chelsea in the mid 90s switched to Arsenal when Kanu moved

This is correct. I don't believe Mikel ever had that type of clout, even though he very likeable.

Kanu single-handedly moved fans to Arsenal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:17am On May 27
raumdeuter:

I do know people who gained interest in the club because of Mikel. He might not have had Kanu's or Drogba's pull, or even that of Essien, but he definitely was an influence.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:20am On May 27
Almost half of the whole Serie A will be in Europe next season. Crazy stuff
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 11:20am On May 27
raumdeuter:

Celestine Babayaro and John obi mikel ...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 11:56am On May 27
drisham:

Why are you guys sounding like we are in the final already

We never even qualify for the competition because there's still a play off

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:15pm On May 27
omotola90:
what if it's Thomas frank

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:18pm On May 27
popizaino:

Drogba and Mourinho is what moved them.

Few Chelsea fans from Nigeria moved with Babayaro. Babayaro signing is what cemented my move to Chelsea, though I was already 90% in favour, Babayaro signing made it 100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 12:53pm On May 27
🚨 Enzo Maresca is emerging as the No 1 target for Chelsea after the club’s ownership requested official permission to speak to him.

● Negotiations are now advanced
● Chelsea will have to pay around £10m in comp

(@JPercyTelegraph & @SamWallaceTel) #CFC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:11pm On May 27
Izzou, you people have gone from Ikenna to Mascara. 10 dey happen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 1:17pm On May 27
Roland17:

Our ownership is very useless and selfish. Most Milan fans will support selling Leao and Theo because they will bring in good money, problem is, our ownership will not reinvest that money into the team. We need to fully transition F. Camarda into our first team because he has shown he can handle the pressure. We shouldn’t have included the option to buy in the CDK loan deal with Atalanta because he is a good player.

We lost P. Maldini as our technical director because he questioned how RedBird were running Milan which ultimately led to his firing. The free agents Inter chase have high weekly wages we cannot accommodate. For example, our highest weekly earning players are Bennacer (135K) and Leao (123K) while Inter’s are Martinez and the betrayer Calhanoglu (both at 213K).

While Atalanta have made great strides, they are not ahead of Roma when it comes to competing for the Scudetto and I don’t see them as dark horses. The Serie A is going to be tougher this coming season and top 4 will be even more difficult.

American owners and showing people shege. Well I've learnt more thanks boss.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 1:20pm On May 27
This Maresca even looks worse than Ikenna to me this one he almost bottled a 20 point lead in championship.
But wetin man go do we've already seen worse and it's just to hope for the new manager to do well or pray English parliament would find evidence linking Boli and Egbami to the Israel gaza war. Na apari season we dey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:25pm On May 27
nateevs:

This is intellectually dishonest. None of you were talking about these names this time last year. You are calling these guys upgrades on Jackson based on the season just passed. Before then, all these guys were averaging around the same numbers as Jackson per season.

You always mentioned who we should have got and it was Vlahovic. We see now know that Jackson out did Vlahovic in terms of goals per min, and overall conversion rate. So that argument died.

Also, you didn't pay attention to the question. It was who is/were available at the time that would have outdone Jackson, specifically "based on the circumstance".

The truth of the circumstance is that for the strategy employed by the club, £32m over an eight year contract, Jackson has been the best investment in No 9 in years by numbers. That's just an empirical fact. It's not opinion.

The other options you giving were not feasible at the time. Especially not to a 28-year-old Guirassy. It would have been impossible investment for an 8- year contract.

You asked of the alternatives' goals this past season, and I mentioned Gyokeres and other upgrades. It was an answer to your question and if you had wanted strikers before last season, your questiom should have been their goals two seasons ago and not this last season. You were the one that goofed there.

Be that as it may, good that you confirmed that I preferred Vlahovic to Jackson, and it's terrible that you still think Jackson is better than Vlahovic. That's a massive letdown from an OG like you.

Even if we use their Serie A and Epl league goals to judge, please tell me how Jackson had a better goal per min, than Vlahovic? I am waiting.

Juventus will not be stupid to swap Jackson for Vlahovic, even with a gun to their club's president's head.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:28pm On May 27
raumdeuter:

Mikel no well.

Where was he when Arjen Robben and Damien Duff dey give me joy?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shikena(m): 1:37pm On May 27
E no well. That was more of Babayaro, Zola, Gullit etc and when EPL success came with Abramovich's money the EPL small boys got bigger. Mikel hype added a few more fans but he was hardly a noticeable force. That would be Drogba.

raumdeuter:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 1:48pm On May 27
WhoDeyHause:
This Maresca even looks worse than Ikenna to me this one he almost bottled a 20 point lead in championship.
But wetin man go do we've already seen worse and it's just to hope for the new manager to do well or pray English parliament would find evidence linking Boli and Egbami to the Israel gaza war. Na apari season we dey.

His stats is not impressive. Looks like his team is very vulnerable at the back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:02pm On May 27
Chelsea fell off man 😑,I shall hope this Enzo do well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SimpleGuy001: 2:03pm On May 27
Omo it seems we are getting maresca, I don’t like the coach at all.

He better proves me wrong if not thunder is coming for boehly and egbali
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:11pm On May 27
So Enzo it is

It is well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 2:13pm On May 27
forgiveness:

His stats is not impressive. Looks like his team is very vulnerable at the back.

One of the board's criteria was a possession based coach. Whether we collect o whether we no collect o as long as we are possessing our possession it's alright.
By the time him witness two weeks of badiashile and Disasi mascara go humble.
I wish him the best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:15pm On May 27
Make we see

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by W0t0w0toman: 2:18pm On May 27
Ballzproblemm:
Make we see

undecided

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:33pm On May 27
Enzo Maresca to Chelsea as new head coach, 2-3 seasons deal.

The real reason he got the job is because he has a similar trademark thought process that's has clear as day and shines as a reflection of the multi ideas shared by similar colleagues who beat such well rounded trademark. He is visibly envisioned to compete not only in outlook with Pep and Arteta but also in points.

From inside insider

(1) (2) (3) ... (19297) (19298) (19299) (19300) (19301) (19302) (19303) ... (19417) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotayos01(m), PDPGuy, Bill8012(m), onyeomaonyeoma(m), Sportsweb, BlueMann, Mybettingtips(m), Ihebu4chelsea(m), YoungB1a(m), odizeey(m), iamoyindamola(m), andrewbaba44, Realtord43, Unlimited22, TheLequte, chic2pimp(m), fyinka47(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.